Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeĆ²dhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  valkeakuulas 7/17/2012, 12:12 am

fantastica wrote:[img]
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 13 Tumblr_m7a0jaHuMH1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 13 Tumblr_m7a0jaHuMH1qe476yo2_500

What show is the guy on the upper left corner from? I've seen his interviews before, he does them from his office and they are funny. I can't wait for all this goodness!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:21 am

^ i have never seen the show on the upper left corner, but it looks like a car salesman's office. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:26 am

Geez I have to get up at 7 in the morning in order to catch a glimps of the glorious Chris Colfer on Good Morning Donutheads. I can't wait to see him on my gloriously glorious big screen TV, with every one of his glorious pores oozing out charisma and charm under the glorious studio lighting.

I need some sleep...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:35 am

Updated tour and show schedules from CCN:

July 17 - Good Morning America 7-9am ET, ABC
July 17 - The View 11am ET, ABC
July 17 - Good Afternoon America 2pm ET, ABC
July 17 - New York Live 3pm ET, NBC (New York City)
July 17 - Bookends, Ridgewood, NJ 7pm ET
July 17 - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon 12:35am ET, NBC
July 18 - Webchat with Chris Colfer, thelandofstoriesbook.com, 3pm ET
July 18 - Barnes & Noble, Union Square, NYC, 7pm ET
July 18 - Watch What Happens Live 11:30pm ET, BRAVO
July 19 - Emmy nominations announced, 5:35am PT
July 19 - Meet the Author 12-1pm ET, The Apple Store, SoHo, NYC
July 19 - Anderson's Bookshop, Naperville, IL, 7pm CT
July 20 - Windy City Live, 9am CT, ABC (Chicago)
July 20 - Barnes and Noble, Skokie, IL, 7pm CT
July 21 - Ten on Top 11:30 am ET, MTV (unconfirmed)
July 21 - Barbara's Bookstore (Macy's), Chicago, IL, 1pm CT
July 24 - Copperfield's Books, Petaluma, CA, 7pm PT
July 25 - Books Inc., San Francisco, CA, 6pm PT
July 26 - Barnes & Noble / The Grove, Los Angeles, CA, 7pm PT
July 27 - Mrs. Nelson's Toy & Book Shop, LaVerne, CA, 6pm PT
July 28 - The Book Loft, Columbus, OH, 7pm ET
July 29 - Books & Co., Dayton, OH, 11am ET
July 29 - Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Cincinnati, OH, 3:30pm ET
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:54 am

TLOS audio book is available on itunes for $14.95.

Amazon hard cover is only $10.95 and the digital version is a buck less.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 2:02 am

valkeakuulas wrote:

What show is the guy on the upper left corner from? I've seen his interviews before, he does them from his office and they are funny. I can't wait for all this goodness!

I also have no idea who that interviewer is, so I can't help you there. All that I can recognize is the Piers Morgan Tonight one and I'm particularly excited about it! hiphopa Chris's previous interview on this show is still one of my favourite Chris interviews.

Wow, 5 TV shows and Chris is looking really good in those 'glimpses'... The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 13 663227

Also, got an email from B&N that they've shipped out my copy of TLOS. I really hope I can get it this week. How long does it take a shipping company called Brokers World wide to send a book halfway across the globe, I wonder?

fantastica wrote:
TLOS audio book is available on itunes for $14.95.

iTunes huh? Drat. I don't own a iPod. :(
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 2:08 am

^ you don't need an ipod to listen to itune stuff. you can listen on your computer/pc w/ the itune program which is a free download.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/17/2012, 2:40 am

Today's the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, his first step away from Glee, Congratulations Chris Colfer bounce hiphopa bisou rooots hola

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 3:58 am

fantastica wrote:^ you don't need an ipod to listen to itune stuff. you can listen on your computer/pc w/ the itune program which is a free download.

Thanks for the tip!

If I can't get hold of the audio CDs in the bookstores, I may have to resort to this. I'd prefer the CDs though, mainly because I drive long distances from time to time and listening to Chris's voice while traveling would be a great experience!

sahhar wrote:Today's the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, his first step away from Glee, Congratulations Chris Colfer bounce hiphopa bisou rooots hola

This is the second Chris Colfer Day we've had this year Smile

Congratulations, Chris. May all the stories you wish to tell succeed in enthralling the world.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2012, 7:28 am

Well, I am officially an owner of The Land of Stories. I downloaded it on my nook when I woke up this morning. Now I have to wait for the hardcover and audio books to come from Amazon later this week or next week.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 8:33 am

arina had already posted the link to this examiner.com interview in the CCAT (thanks, arina!), but I'll put this here as well because it pertains to TLOS and other writing stuff.

Writing in Hollywood: Chris Colfer enters 'the land' of books

At only 22 years old, new author and Glee star Chris Colfer has left a dent in the minds of his fans. Some credit him with helping them accept their lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender neighbors. Others believe he quite literally opened the closet door and helped them walk through the threshold.

But lately, rather than his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on Glee, which he won a Golden Globe for last year, the self-proclaimed llama-lover is inspiring fans through his work outside of the show. His first screenwriting project, Struck By Lightning, is expected to enter theaters later this year, though an official date has not been announced. His first book, The Land Of Stories: The Wishing Spell, hit bookshelves today (and entered Amazon's Top 100 Best Sellers just hours after its release).

As if Glee's fourth season, a movie and a book aren't enough to last Colfer's fans through the rest of the year, the star recently completed a second book for release this year, wrote another screenplay, and is currently writing the sequel to The Wishing Spell.

Rather than ask ourselves, "What can't Chris Colfer do," we chose to ask "How does he do it?" In the following interview with Examiner.com, Colfer shares details about his writing process, how he hopes readers benefit from The Land Of Stories, future projects, and which he would choose if offered a surplus of one of his two loves: Diet Coke and llamas.

(The full details of the interview are here.)

^ I very much agree with the bolded text.

Some new things learnt from this interview:

• There's definitely a young adult novel coming out this year and Chris is still very tight-lipped about it.

• Chris got super excited and happy when a positive review of TLOS by a fan was mentioned in the interview. This is news to him because Chris apparently doesn't read any of the reviews online (I wonder if it's a self-protection action taken after the traumatizing experience he got from google-ing himself back in 2009 :( )

• There's one small spoiler of TLOS in the interview, in the question about listening to music while writing.

• Chris may be starting to regret letting people know that llama is his favourite animal Smile

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2012, 9:35 am

I can understand the regret of telling people about the llama. I'm a Goofy fan, and now my family insists on giving me stuff with Goofy on it every time Christmas or a birthday rolls around. Some of it is such useless crap. LOL. I'm sure Chris has a lot of useless llama stuff now. haha.

I read the prologue and half the first chapter. I'm not sure I like the editing on it. Some of the phrasing seems a bit odd to me--I don't know if that's just the way Chris writes, or if it's bad editing. But I've had to go back and reread a bunch of sentences because of the phrasing, and I never have to do that when reading a book.

Oh, and not a spoiler, but it made me giggle that Chris used the words "Bastardized" in the book.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 10:05 am

i got my copy on my kindle a bit after 1am this morning. since it was so late I was able to read only the prologue. I didn't notice any phrasing problems but mind you I am not a native english speaker. So far I only need to look up one word in hte dictionary. The reason I completely abandoned paper books is because it's really easy to look up words in dictionary, and they don't take any physical space or collect dust. The only downside is that the map is small and black and white only.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 10:15 am

gosh we are going to be so busy posting stuff.... and reading....

so Carrie told me his book has already hit the Amazon top 100 best seller list hours after its release. This boy can SELL!

and the US Amazon site already has 2 5-star reviews.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2012, 10:53 am

Barnes and Noble has a bunch of five star reviews from before the book was even released. One of them said Chris was supermegafoxyhot. I wonder where that reviewer came up with that comment.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 11:46 am

^ Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:31 pm

TLOS is now #46 on Amazon's best seller list, up from 99 just 4 hrs ago:

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 13 Tumblr_m7bb4ioHHk1qecox6o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 7/17/2012, 6:57 pm

Hey lovely people! How is everyone's summer so far?

Lately I had gone back to my lurking ways but since today is such a special day I just have to share my joy! I was in London just this morning and before leaving for my flight I managed to run to a bookstore to check if they already had TLOS. It was so early it wasn't even displayed on the shelfs and I was the very first one to buy it Smile I seriously couldn't contain my joy, I was grinning like an idiot... But holding the book in my hands felt so special, just how I imagined it to be. I hope everyone here gets to feel the same!

And with all the interviews and news were getting today, I'm balancing between smiling and crying at my screen. Oh, what a great man we've chosen to love and follow! wub
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 7:03 pm

welcome back happy days! We missed you and we need you to de-lurk more to bring us more happy days! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 7/17/2012, 7:34 pm

Oh, that's so sweet! bisou

I don't really live up to my nickname, but I'll try to post more *happy* posts. It's just that everything glee-related pisses me off so much! Good thing Chris is way bigger than the show and has his own amazing projects.
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 7:49 pm

don't worry. you can rant all you want. we are not really expecting everybody here to be "happy" because Kurtsies don't deserve happiness according to RIB. So say whatever you want, including hte dark gloomy stuff. Glee deserves the kick in the ass. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 8:03 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/18/2012, 12:04 am

Wow, this day was insane! Yesterday I planned to go visit all the bookstores to find out when TLoS would be released here, and one of them already had it! They hadn't really displayed it yet-there were like 4 copies hidden somewhere. But I was searching the whole place and found those. I wanted to read it when I got back, but on top of work and staying up all night to watch all of Chris' appearances, I just started.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 12:24 am

^ are you in Singapore? pardon me if I remember wrong. I tend to confuse one member w/ another. It's good to know if the book is available already in other parts of the world.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/18/2012, 2:05 am

fantastica wrote:^ are you in Singapore? pardon me if I remember wrong. I tend to confuse one member w/ another. It's good to know if the book is available already in other parts of the world.

Yes I am Smile. And due to time zone differences it was actually released "earlier" here than in many other places except Australia, but on a very small scale. I was expecting it to be at the end of the week. I hope it soon gets popular here too...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next