Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeòdhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  fantastica 7/15/2012, 2:45 pm

grrr... so many articles! Smile

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m77jr0AkWN1qm6k02o1_500

“I love thinking that there is magic in the world, that there are people in the world with amazing abilities that we just don’t know about.” - Chris Colfer in Chicago Sun-Times (July 15, 2012)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Emile 7/15/2012, 6:34 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m77zbk389Q1qe476yo1_500

>Apple Retail Store

July 19, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Meet the Author: Chris Colfer, “The Land of Stories”

"Hear Golden Globe-winner Chris Colfer (“Glee”) discuss his new book, “The Land of Stories,” a fast-paced adventure that uniquely combines our modern-day world with the enchanting calm of classic fairytales. At this event, Chris will read from the book and take questions.".
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/15/2012, 10:23 pm

fantastica wrote:The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m77pz4bgkM1qmf0wgo1_500

wub love this invitation to readers. For me he's writing is like seeing a kid but is not rounded and perfect as some kids try to write so that remind me he's an adult, a young adult.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 12:38 am

can't read his handwriting. He writes like my kids. I cannot read any of their hand writings. actually, sometimes even my own. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 1:03 am

fantastica wrote:can't read his handwriting. He writes like my kids. I cannot read any of their hand writings. actually, sometimes even my own. Smile

Razz It wouldn't be easier for you to read his handwriting if he writes similar to your kids? You must be used to interpret these lines and circles and "I" that looks like an "L".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 1:57 am

in our home we do not leave hand written notes. we text everything.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/16/2012, 7:31 am

fantastica wrote:grrr... so many articles! Smile

Thanks for posting all these articles up, Kim! neutre

We're getting a deluge of Chris interviews and articles around this time, and it'll probably require a coordinated team effort just to get all the goodies posted in the CCFF-- not that I'm complaining Smile

With regards to handwriting, Chris really has a very unique way of writing 'I' blinkk
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fountain 7/16/2012, 4:19 pm

TLOS comes out tomorrow Smile . I plan on picking it up on my way to university tomorrow. How should we celebrate?

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2012, 4:23 pm

fountain wrote:TLOS comes out tomorrow Smile . I plan on picking it up on my way to university tomorrow. How should we celebrate?

By drinking a diet coke while singing Defying Gravity to a llama.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/16/2012, 4:39 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
fountain wrote:TLOS comes out tomorrow Smile . I plan on picking it up on my way to university tomorrow. How should we celebrate?

By drinking a diet coke while singing Defying Gravity to a llama.

Diet Coke part and singing will be easy but where do I find a llama? My copy of the book has been shipped so I'll get it by the end of the week but what the heck I can still celebrate it tomorrow, no?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2012, 5:12 pm

I have the hardcover and the audio ordered on Amazon (the audio went down to $12.40 at some point, so both of them are costing me under $25). I'm also getting the e-book for my Nook. I wonder what time I can get that.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/16/2012, 5:24 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I have the hardcover and the audio ordered on Amazon (the audio went down to $12.40 at some point, so both of them are costing me under $25). I'm also getting the e-book for my Nook. I wonder what time I can get that.

My copy is coming from a big Scandinavian internet book chain, but also ordered the audio and book from Amazon. Was quite suprised that the "local" bookseller is shipping quicker than amazon UK.

I thought about giving the other copy to my friends son as a present, he's 11 and getting quite good at english. I too thought about an ebook, but somehow I just can't relax with a tablet as much as I do with an actual book but now thinking an ebook would be here tomorrow...naah I'll wait.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 5:37 pm

fantastica wrote:in our home we do not leave hand written notes. we text everything.

This modern and technological family!!! lol BTW thanks for the articles Kim.

Delight wrote:

With regards to handwriting, Chris really has a very unique way of writing 'I' blinkk

Is like an "L", right?

Oh My tomorrow came out the book and I haven't ordered it yet due to money issues. Besides I don't have my own credit card :( But I wanna join to the celebration anyway!!!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/16/2012, 6:56 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m79skuTRTo1qln00mo1_500

That pic is from VH1. Supposedly there are gifs and vids to come. Yah!

And Rae Votta re-blogged that with this:

Always a pleasure to see this kid! He signed my ARC so I don’t have to feel lame for missing the signings this week. And yes, the hair is just as fabulous in person as you imagine it to be.

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m79p1fucj01qe476yo1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/16/2012, 7:58 pm

Sadly, I won't be to able to get my copy of the book until next week. :( My grandma said that she would take to Barnes & Noble next time my little sister and I stay the night. I've been saving my gift card for three months.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 8:37 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m7a0q6oSOY1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m7a0jaHuMH1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_m7a0jaHuMH1qe476yo2_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/16/2012, 8:42 pm

I just checked with Amazon and the audiobook and book itself are already shipped, and should be here Thursday. Luckily, this week is my Friday off, so I can begin immediately. We've waited so long, and now it is almost here!!

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 8:43 pm

He's on Piers Morgan AGAIN??? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love his first PM interview, so I hope this one is good too.

I am so excited!

Here's a whole list of all the appearances and shows (bolded) according to CCN:

July 17 - Good Morning America 7-9am ET, ABC
July 17 - The View 11am ET, ABC

July 17 - Bookends, Ridgewood, NJ
July 17 - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon 12:35am ET, NBC
July 18 - Barnes & Noble, Union Square, NYC, 7pm ET
July 18 - Watch What Happens Live 11:30pm ET, BRAVO
July 19 - Meet the Author 12-1pm ET, The Apple Store, SoHo, NYC
July 19 - Anderson's Bookshop, Naperville, IL
July 20 - Windy City Live, 9am CT, ABC (Chicago)
July 20 - Barnes and Noble, Skokie, IL
July 21 - Ten on Top 11:30 am ET, MTV (unconfirmed)
July 21 - Barbara's Bookstore, Chicago, IL
July 24 - Copperfield's Books, Petaluma, CA
July 25 - Books Inc., San Francisco, CA
July 26 - Barnes & Noble / The Grove, Los Angeles, CA
July 27 - Mrs. Nelson's Toy & Book Shop, LaVerne, CA
July 28 - The Book Loft, Columbus, OH
July 29 - Books & Co., Dayton, OH
July 29 - Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Cincinnati, OH

The above comes from CCN. where is that Piers Morgan show? should be on CNN.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/16/2012, 8:51 pm

What good timing! I was just thinking that I have lost track of all the appearances and wished I had a calendar or something, so thank you! I will miss tomorrow's "the View" (darn it, work!) but I have cleared my schedule for Wednesday's webchat. Just for fun I have tweetdeck up and am reading the @chriscolfer tweets. It's really exciting to have all the CC sightings this week. I hope that someone will be so kind to post the View interview here tomorrow. If I can figure out how to program my dvd I will record it.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 8:52 pm

They forgot to add his "Good Afternoon America" appearance on Tuesday.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 8:59 pm

^ I think it''s the "good morning America". I have never heard of hte show "good afternoon America".

Last edited by fantastica on 7/16/2012, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 9:01 pm

this is hte article where that "Kurt didn't win anything last year" quote came from. If it's already posted I apologize. So many articles and press stuff I have already lost track of them, so you can read it again since you probably have already forgotten about it too: Razz

Chris Colfer of 'Glee' to sign fantasy novel in Ridgewood on Tuesday
Monday, July 16, 2012
BY IAN SPELLING

WHO: Chris Colfer
Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt Hummel on 'Glee,' is coming to Ridgewood.

WHAT: Signing "The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell"

WHEN: 7 p.m. Tuesday

WHERE: 211 E. Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood; 201-445-0726 or book-ends.com

HOW MUCH: Free with purchase of book ($17.99)

It's not as if Chris Colfer didn't already have enough on his plate. Colfer stars as Kurt Hummel on "Glee," but in the past couple of years he's also found time to write two books and two screenplays, and to star in a movie based on one of those screenplays. His first book, "The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell," will be published Tuesday, and his first produced movie, "Struck by Lightning," will simultaneously open in theaters and run as an on-demand title later this year.

"I always have a lot of things going on and I keep my tasks secret," Colfer says as he discusses his hectic schedule. "The book is something I've wanted to do forever, and I finally wrote it last year. I'd say 'The Wishing Spell' is for anyone ages 7 to 20 who likes fairy tales, magic and books about big adventures."

The central characters in "The Wishing Spell" are Alex and Conner Bailey, sister-brother twins who venture into the fairy tale world. They discover that in the Land of Stories, beloved fairy tales didn't end where they – and generations of children – think they ended. Goldilocks is a fugitive, for example. Snow White has imprisoned her stepmother, aka the Evil Queen. And so on.

"It was great to fall into that world again, because fairy tales have been with me since I was really young," says Colfer. "That world has been living inside me, trying to burst out at any minute. So it was very therapeutic to finally tell the whole story and get all that fairy tale world juice out of me.

"The whole thing started when I was a kid," Colfer continues. "I was very inquisitive. Every time my mom said, 'And they all lived happily ever after,' I'd be like, 'No, no, no. There has to be more. What happened to that person? Did this person ever resolve her issues with that person?' I think those questions, reading the stories and getting to know the fairy tale characters, all of that collectively came together in my head, and I wrote this story."

Now comes the fun part. Colfer is about to squeeze in a book tour before starting work on Season 4 of "Glee." The tour's first stop? Ridgewood. "I'm so excited," Colfer says. "I can't tell you how excited I am. I've been on tours with 'Glee,' but to be on tour about this, this book I've wanted to write since I was 10 … it's such a great feeling."

Beyond "The Wishing Spell," Colfer's own magical tale continues on. Still just 22, he's already been nominated for two Emmy Awards and won a Golden Globe, performed at sold-out "Glee" concerts around the world and was named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in 2011.

"It's been one hell of a roller coaster, that's for sure," Colfer says. He notes that while he appreciates the love and support of fans, and finds it "amazing" to receive birthday presents from kids in Korea who watch "Glee" and consider Kurt their favorite character, he doesn't care for the paparazzi, the lack of anonymity or the overall glorification of celebrities.

On the other hand, for playing the gay-and-proud-of-it Kurt on "Glee" and being openly gay himself, Colfer has inspired countless young adults confronting their own sexuality. "I am spoiled when it comes to that," he says. "What I do on the show and what I've done in my life in general has affected many people. Sometimes that's not the case with actors. A lot of the time they don't get positive recognition for reasons like that."

"Glee" will return to the air in September. After some angst among "Glee" fans as to which characters – and actors – would be back for Season 4, the good news is that everyone will. Still to be determined: the number of episodes in which each actor will appear. Colfer won't disclose how many episodes he'll shoot, and since he hadn't even seen any scripts yet, he could only offer what he hopes to see for Kurt when school is back in session.

"Kurt really did nothing but lose last year, so I'd like to see him win something," Colfer says. "He didn't get the school play, didn't get president, and didn't get into his college. He didn't get anything. So I'd like to see him get something that makes him happy."

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/162549736__Glee__star_to_hit_the_road_in_support_of_a_new_book.html
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2012, 9:26 pm

fantastica wrote:^ I think it''s the "good morning America". I have never heard of hte show "good afternoon America".

Good Afternoon America is a new show. I wonder if it will be a new interview, or a repeat of the interview from Good Morning America.

Wednesday will be crazy with the afternoon thing at the Apple store in NY and the evening signing at the store in IL.

I'm DVR'ing Piers tonight, just in case.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 9:34 pm

fantastica wrote:^ I think it''s the "good morning America". I have never heard of hte show "good afternoon America".

It just started a week ago IIRC, an aternoon show in the same format.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-09/news/32606293_1_gma-sam-champion-goldston
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 9:40 pm

fantastica wrote:He's on Piers Morgan AGAIN??? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love his first PM interview, so I hope this one is good too.

I am so excited!

Here's a whole list of all the appearances and shows (bolded) according to CCN:

July 17 - Good Morning America 7-9am ET, ABC
July 17 - The View 11am ET, ABC

July 17 - Bookends, Ridgewood, NJ
July 17 - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon 12:35am ET, NBC
July 18 - Barnes & Noble, Union Square, NYC, 7pm ET
July 18 - Watch What Happens Live 11:30pm ET, BRAVO
July 19 - Meet the Author 12-1pm ET, The Apple Store, SoHo, NYC
July 19 - Anderson's Bookshop, Naperville, IL
July 20 - Windy City Live, 9am CT, ABC (Chicago)
July 20 - Barnes and Noble, Skokie, IL
July 21 - Ten on Top 11:30 am ET, MTV (unconfirmed)
July 21 - Barbara's Bookstore, Chicago, IL
July 24 - Copperfield's Books, Petaluma, CA
July 25 - Books Inc., San Francisco, CA
July 26 - Barnes & Noble / The Grove, Los Angeles, CA
July 27 - Mrs. Nelson's Toy & Book Shop, LaVerne, CA
July 28 - The Book Loft, Columbus, OH
July 29 - Books & Co., Dayton, OH
July 29 - Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Cincinnati, OH

The above comes from CCN. where is that Piers Morgan show? should be on CNN.

I wish the same too. Love the interview he had last year on PM.

And wow Chris is having a busy month!!! Hopefully he sleeps well to have enough energy to handle everything.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next