3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 5/4/2012, 12:33 pm

Emile wrote:OMG, what this thread has become!
Your comments make appear NTBND more like softcore porn, haha.


fantastica wrote:FYI: $680 worth of constrictor:
And they were worth every single cents.

Yes they worth it!!!

And Emile how do you dare to say that our latest comments are similar to softcore porn?!!! We're only commenting how handsome was Kurt/Chris in those golden pants, is just a fashion review.

@Tanita, You're such a perv girl!! and it seems you want to drag all of us to that "dark" side Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors on 5/4/2012, 12:47 pm


______________________________________________________________________________________________________



avatar
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2854
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : Serbia
Real Name : Ivana

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 5/4/2012, 1:10 pm

remember we made fun of you-know-who's fans whose overies are splattered all over the place when he-who-should-not-be-named went topless in photoshoots? and we are only talking about Kurt's pants here.... I guess you guys ain't that much better either. Razz
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors on 5/4/2012, 1:20 pm

Shut the eff up !!!! sw022
I'm just savoring the moment because I doubt we will be getting a lot of intentional or unintentional HOT! Kurt next to the God-like presence of Blaine.

BB was hot and I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Not to mention I get a Twisted Evil little feeling every time I post the cocky gif for you older ladies who are trying to be so dignified.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



avatar
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2854
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : Serbia
Real Name : Ivana

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 5/4/2012, 1:37 pm

we old ladies w/ shrinking overies are jealous of you young folks whose overies can explode.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  angelnessa on 5/4/2012, 2:57 pm

fantastica wrote:we old ladies w/ shrinking overies are jealous of you young folks whose overies can explode.

And some of us no longer have ovaries fanny2

I'm definitely not too old to appreciate Chris', um, assets, though. That's quite the GIF blushh .

avatar
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Emile on 5/4/2012, 5:32 pm

brisallie wrote:And Emile how do you dare to say that our latest comments are similar to softcore porn?!!! We're only commenting how handsome was Kurt/Chris in those golden pants, is just a fashion review.
Umpf, liar. That performance was totally softcore porn.
But, I mean, the more awful Glee gets, the more beautiful Chris becomes, so I have no objection about that....I have absolutely no objection. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-03-16
Location : Yes.
Real Name : Valentina

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 5/4/2012, 8:02 pm

fantastica wrote:remember we made fun of you-know-who's fans whose overies are splattered all over the place when he-who-should-not-be-named went topless in photoshoots? and we are only talking about Kurt's pants here.... I guess you guys ain't that much better either. Razz

So are we hypocrite or we didn't expect to have a moment like the one we're having this week? humhum

fantastica wrote:we old ladies w/ shrinking overies are jealous of you young folks whose overies can explode.

Kim!!! moque

Emile wrote:
Umpf, liar. That performance was totally softcore porn.
But, I mean, the more awful Glee gets, the more beautiful Chris becomes, so I have no objection about that....I have absolutely no objection. Rolling Eyes

I'm not a liar Emile!!! actually I have the same dirty mind of you hapitgh But I'm agree with you about how thanks to the awfulness of Glee, Chris is becoming more into a beauty than he's.

PS: that picture of Chris next to the golden pants is from Fashion of Glee, right? Isn't there any another picture to show those pants???

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 5/4/2012, 9:33 pm

Delight wrote:Good point. One thing I've noticed about Chris's IWTHYH song performance on Grilled Cheezus is that you could sense Kurt's sadness when he sang it. His second 'I want to hold you hand' in the song had a slight waver to it, almost as if the effort to hold back the tears is too much and it affected how the note came out. Chris's IWTHYH performance during the Glee Tour sounded very different, and I think a lot of that is due to the fact that Kurt was happy, and not sad, when he sang that song during the tour (Granted, the song arrangement was also different).
When you're experiencing strong emotions, especially those that make you cry, there are a lot of physiological processes going on that affect your breath and therefore your voice. Even your talking voice is modified. It's not you could sense Kurt's sadness in IWTHYH, it's you should hear it in his voice. That's the difference between good actors, who reproduce the emotion and let it impact their body to get these alterations, and superficial actors (cough*guess who*cough lol) who only try to reproduce the visible symptoms but can't get those that can't be controlled by mind. The difference may be too subtle for most people but that's why Chris has all these award recognitions and why you surely never read anyone complaining that his tears look fake, unlike the case of Lea.

fantastica wrote:remember we made fun of you-know-who's fans whose overies are splattered all over the place when he-who-should-not-be-named went topless in photoshoots? and we are only talking about Kurt's pants here.... I guess you guys ain't that much better either. Razz
Meh, that's the difference, nobody posted gifs of ovaries explosion or other stupidity of the same caliber, let alone doing so for 2 full pages, and no, people are not only talking about that. And unlike these you-know-who's fans, I don't think anybody here will report you in order to deny that their favorite star is also interesting for their lady part... (hum... sweet memories from another board lol)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 5/4/2012, 11:56 pm

I watched "Choke" yesterday, and I thought it was one of the best episodes this season.

All storylines I feel had the right amount of time.

Rachel and Bieste's storylines were heartbreaking.

I can understand why Bieste would go back to her husband, like she said, she doesn't feel any other man would want her, which in truth is what a lot of abused women feel, that is why they don't leave, or leave then come back.

We all knew Rachel would choke. Lea was brilliant.

I love the dynamic between Hummelberry, there was some really beautiful potent scenes. Kurt does bring the best out of Rachel. I loved the backstage stuff, when Rachel tells him the judge would be Carmen, that was funny. Chris is so good at comedy. Lea and Chris are magic together, I keep wanting more and more scenes with them, they really comliment and play well off each other.

I loved Blaine in this episode, because I saw Blaine, not Darren. If the writers stop trying to write Darrenisms into the character, then I won't complain about his acting. Darren does comedy really well. He is not a dramatic actor, because I feel his heart isn't in it. He can't connect to a dramatic, like Chris can.

I liked when Puck said even you Blaine, hearing that I just realised, Blaine is a honourary bro, like Kurt is an honoury girl.

I think during Born This Way, Kurt become ones of the boys, so he fits with the girls and the boys. Kurt is not a honourary bro, he is just one of the boys. Look at all the scenes we have had with Kurt and the boys. In Rumours, we had Kurt and Puck both amused when Jessie insulted Finn.

Kurt and Finn in Heart, Finn asking him if he wants to work out. Kurt and Sam in Dance With Somebody looking at each others phones.

I think Artie during IAU is the only one that didn't accept Kurt as one of the boys, the others already did. After "Born This Way", Kurt was accepted by the other boys.

Blaine I think never fitted with the girls so wants to fit in with boys. If they had left out the flirting and the Darrenisms, then I would have understood where the writers were coming from.

I think the writers have been trying to tell us that Blaine wanted to be accepted, but haven't wrote it really well, too caught up in throwing songs at Darren left right and centre and implying he is perfect, so it is just now that I am realising this after having heard Puck included Blaine in their group, it was like Blaine was finally accepted in a group he feels comfortable with. If they had used this storyline, instead of Big Brother angst then it would have been a lot better.

Now back to Kurt. He did NTBND brilliantly. I loved it, he really brought the song to life. All I can say Hugh Jackman eat your heart out. Chris is made for broadway.

The gold pants, might have crashed tumblr, but I was looking at the performance, and enjoying it. I suppose he did put a bit a sexy take on the performance, but it was so Kurt.

I like how Kurt said nude I sure that was put in there on purpose just to tease those of us stans on tumblr that would love to see him shirtless. They are just teasing that part of his fandom. And the way he ripped of that layer of clothes was again the writers teasing us. These writers definitely go on tumblr.

This episode to me was well written. If they had written from the start that Blaine just wanted to fit in, then I would have understood Blaine better. I wouldn't have hated him that like I did.

I am still not a Klainer, I don't trust the others the way they wrote them as couple.

And I think if Kurt was there, Puck wouldn't have failed, that was why Kurt wasn't apart of the group. I think Kurt is academically smart but Blaine not so much.

And we got so much Tina, I was so good to see. Everything was well balanced for change. Each storyline I enjoyed and felt for Beiste, Rachel and Puck. They should have used his dad more though, the scene seemed be disconnected, that you wanted something more from it. That should have been the start of a build up to Puck wanting to graduate, it was too short. There should have been a longer conversation between the two.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight on 5/5/2012, 10:42 am

ColferInspired wrote:
And I think if Kurt was there, Puck wouldn't have failed, that was why Kurt wasn't apart of the group. I think Kurt is academically smart but Blaine not so much.

To be honest, I think Puck would fail regardless, because one night (or even a few nights) of cramming for exams just won't cut it in real life. Artie and Mike (?or was it Tina) were the two people in the bromancing scenes who had been portrayed as smart (academically) on the show. Weren't they in some sort of a competition/quiz team in season 1?

Although the Beiste and Puck story lines were kinda depressing in their own ways, they're also quite realistic.

avatar
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos on 5/5/2012, 12:39 pm

The episode was a highlight reel of Chris Colfer's acting skills. He played pathos, broad comedy, tongue in cheek, light comedy, and the scenes with Ms. Lea Michelle/RAchel were sheer gold. Lea Michelle is a highly underrated comic actress, their "Not even Michael Crawford" exchange was priceless. When Chris has someone like Lea or Mike O'Malley to play off of it's like watching two top tennis players in a match.

avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6330
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 5/5/2012, 2:22 pm

Buenos wrote:The episode was a highlight reel of Chris Colfer's acting skills. He played pathos, broad comedy, tongue in cheek, light comedy, and the scenes with Ms. Lea Michelle/RAchel were sheer gold. Lea Michelle is a highly underrated comic actress, their "Not even Michael Crawford" exchange was priceless. When Chris has someone like Lea or Mike O'Malley to play off of it's like watching two top tennis players in a match.
That's true. I guess that's why we always love the scenes of Kurt involving Rachel, Finn and Burt.
There's so much more energy in a scene when Chris can interact with a good actor.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8705
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight on 5/6/2012, 9:24 am

Shinra17 wrote:
The difference may be too subtle for most people but that's why Chris has all these award recognitions and why you surely never read anyone complaining that his tears look fake, unlike the case of Lea.

Most actors I've seen who do a crying scene (even well-known ones in big budget movies) aren't convincing to me because even though they may look extremely sad and devastated with 'tears' streaming down their faces, I often notice that their nose weren't pink (or runny) and therefore I could tell that they weren't crying for real.

Contrast this with Kurt's crying scenes, especially his scene with Karofsky in the hospital. The bloodshot eyes, the pink puffy nose... That's real crying. I guess what made IWTHYH even more remarkable is that Chris knew to turn on the waterworks while he's recording the song in the studio, so that the sadness is evident in Kurt's singing when he acts it out in a scene later on.

Rachel doesn't have a pink nose during her 'Cry' performance, so I'm not completely sold by the acting. It's still a good effort on Lea's part though.

Buenos wrote:Lea Michelle is a highly underrated comic actress, their "Not even Michael Crawford" exchange was priceless.

They should show us more funny Hummelberry moments, instead of the heavy and angsty stuff nearly all the time. Not that the high drama moments aren't well-acted, but it's as you've said-- Lea can do comedy well. Just like Chris. I wonder if the writers get frustrated that their best dramatic actors are also their best comedic ones. It's like when it comes to acting skills among the student cast, all the talent seem to be concentrated in only a handful of the actors. Brittany, who used to be amusing with the bizarre stuff she says, is becoming less funny and less effective (I often struggle trying to work out what she's saying when she gets a chunk of dialogue). I also think Santana's bitchy comments are fast becoming un-funny too. Or maybe that fault completely lies with the writers of the show.
avatar
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 5/6/2012, 3:42 pm

Delight wrote:

They should show us more funny Hummelberry moments, instead of the heavy and angsty stuff nearly all the time. Not that the high drama moments aren't well-acted, but it's as you've said-- Lea can do comedy well. Just like Chris. I wonder if the writers get frustrated that their best dramatic actors are also their best comedic ones. It's like when it comes to acting skills among the student cast, all the talent seem to be concentrated in only a handful of the actors. Brittany, who used to be amusing with the bizarre stuff she says, is becoming less funny and less effective (I often struggle trying to work out what she's saying when she gets a chunk of dialogue). I also think Santana's bitchy comments are fast becoming un-funny too. Or maybe that fault completely lies with the writers of the show.

Glee has a large cast with about more than 12 characters right now so what do they do with those who're not their best comedic and dramatics actors which are only 3 or 4? You have to split all the dialogues into many people not focusing only in a small ones, sadly in Glee that it would works better that how is being use now. I thought Brittany and Santana were funnier and more bitchy with their words respectively because they had one line so it seems they started to speak more, so the aftermath was the spark of it started to be lose. By other side those comments are written by the writers so probably they're who have lost the inspiration and funny element?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 5/6/2012, 4:40 pm

Delight wrote:Most actors I've seen who do a crying scene (even well-known ones in big budget movies) aren't convincing to me because even though they may look extremely sad and devastated with 'tears' streaming down their faces, I often notice that their nose weren't pink (or runny) and therefore I could tell that they weren't crying for real.

Contrast this with Kurt's crying scenes, especially his scene with Karofsky in the hospital. The bloodshot eyes, the pink puffy nose... That's real crying. I guess what made IWTHYH even more remarkable is that Chris knew to turn on the waterworks while he's recording the song in the studio, so that the sadness is evident in Kurt's singing when he acts it out in a scene later on.

Rachel doesn't have a pink nose during her 'Cry' performance, so I'm not completely sold by the acting. It's still a good effort on Lea's part though.
IWTHYH is a perfect example of a living-a-sadness acting opposed to a demonstrating-it approach, Chris didn't display any contortion of his body, he didn't parade his pain or his tears but when IWTHYH came out for the friday listen first (= without video), there were people who already teared up. With some other actors/actresses, if you close your eyes, you would never guess that they were actually crying.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Heyerchick on 5/6/2012, 5:15 pm

One of my favourite comedic moments in Choke was this:





Chris has impeccable timing. He plays the moment so sincerely. It's wonderful.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Heyerchick
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-04-09
Location : Sunderland, UK
Real Name : Alison

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 5/6/2012, 5:38 pm

My favorite expression from that scene, expressing 2 opposed feelings at the same time while being ultra cute:


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  BlueJazz on 5/6/2012, 5:53 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Delight wrote:Most actors I've seen who do a crying scene (even well-known ones in big budget movies) aren't convincing to me because even though they may look extremely sad and devastated with 'tears' streaming down their faces, I often notice that their nose weren't pink (or runny) and therefore I could tell that they weren't crying for real.

Contrast this with Kurt's crying scenes, especially his scene with Karofsky in the hospital. The bloodshot eyes, the pink puffy nose... That's real crying. I guess what made IWTHYH even more remarkable is that Chris knew to turn on the waterworks while he's recording the song in the studio, so that the sadness is evident in Kurt's singing when he acts it out in a scene later on.

Rachel doesn't have a pink nose during her 'Cry' performance, so I'm not completely sold by the acting. It's still a good effort on Lea's part though.
IWTHYH is a perfect example of a living-a-sadness acting opposed to a demonstrating-it approach, Chris didn't display any contortion of his body, he didn't parade his pain or his tears but when IWTHYH came out for the friday listen first (= without video), there were people who already teared up. With some other actors/actresses, if you close your eyes, you would never guess that they were actually crying.

Absolutely agree with Delight's post! iagree I think Chris is the one who can make a crying scene most convincing among the glee cast (including the actresses), which is quite strange as I used to feel that actresses can cry better than actors blinkk I guess that's because Kurt's a really emotional male character which we rarely see on tv shows (even more emotional than me Shocked ) and CC really puts lots of effort in playing him wub

IWTHYH is definitely one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard so far and it's just heartbreaking if you watch it with the scene because the vocal fits the scene so well. I remember when I showed my friend the performance on youtube, she thought that Chris was singing live as the emotions in his vocal and in the scene is just so damn real crycry

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 690
Join date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Divalicious on 5/6/2012, 6:23 pm

The only other actor on this show who's tears I feel are realistic are Matt Morrison's. When he found out that Terri wasn't pregnant, I could feel his anger and loss. Chris is the only one, however that has delivered the sorrow time after time. But he also delivers the joy, anxiety, surprise and sarcasm. On rare occasions, with really clunky dialogue, he misses the exact bullseye of an emotion, but otherwise he is so spot on it is amazing. I can't wait to see Chris play a mentally ill patient.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 5/6/2012, 8:15 pm

Shinra17 wrote:My favorite expression from that scene, expressing 2 opposed feelings at the same time while being ultra cute:


He looks so cute how he's wrinkling his nose tonguue

Agree with all of you that IWTHYH was so emotional, is a moment that stills makes me cry, do I really believe that he was suffering. The others two I believe their acting are Matt and Cory, sometimes Lea is too exaggerating with her acting, once somebody said it was because her Broadway past, so she had to soften her facial expressions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum