Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 4/26/2012, 9:17 pm

fantastica wrote:^ who doesn't like chandler? never mind. I think some people are a bit disappointed that he's not a hot jock type (like Sebastian), but that has something to do w the spoiler which I remember specifically said he was "masculine", and he turned out to be more campy than kurt.

I personally think he's cute and adorable, although i would not go out w/ him, not because he's not hot enough, but he's too talkative! Smile

I didn't particularly like Chandler--he was too grating for me, but I'd rather Kurt be with him than Blaine (but I'd pick most anyone over Blaine for Kurt right now). Does that count for something? hehe. That's what makes things interesting, I guess. Different strokes for different folks Smile

Welcome, Jake!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 9:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

I didn't particularly like Chandler--he was too grating for me, but I'd rather Kurt be with him than Blaine (but I'd pick most anyone over Blaine for Kurt right now). Does that count for something? hehe. That's what makes things interesting, I guess. Different strokes for different folks Smile

Welcome, Jake!

Not that much. I mean we already know you will pick up any boy over Blaine to be Kurt's boyfriend, for you anyone will be better.

Personally and despite I liked how sweet and goofy Chandler was, I stepped backward because he's too hyper for me, usually I tend to be away from that people ohmy because I'm the opposite. But he could transfer that energy to me lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:38 pm

Buenos wrote:The problem was that in films Chandler would be more like the comic sidekick in rom/coms. Think Duckie in "Pretty in Pink", and in an effort to make Kurt not look promiscuous/duche bag they made Chandler over the top non threatening...

I personally think it would have been interesting if Kurt was attracted sexually on some level to Chandler, ...well not *this* Chandler....

so true!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:44 pm

I posted in the Appreciation Thread a video interview of Chris from teen.com: link to post here where he expressed frustration over kurt constantly having to take "high road" like not throwing back at Santana's snarks and not standing up for himself.

Remember Chris said a lot earlier that kurt had something coming up and a lot of people will not be happy about it but he would stand by him? I am sure he meant the chandler event. i know chris loves kurt more than anybody else on that show, and he would do anything to speak for him, if possible.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/26/2012, 9:52 pm

fantastica wrote:

Remember Chris said a lot earlier that kurt had something coming up and a lot of people will not be happy about it but he would stand by him? I am sure he meant the chandler event. i know chris loves kurt more than anybody else on that show, and he would do anything to speak for him, if possible.

If you look at the scene in Emma's office, Kurt's facial expression when Blaine is talking about the texting shows Kurt is still in a sense rolling his eyes at his "cheating" trangressions vis a vis Blaine's drama/anger/anxiety.

At the end I got the impression that kurt genuinely got why Blaine was hurt (ie separation anxiety) but was still stubbornly thinking what he did wasn't all that bad. (I agree..hehehe...)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 10:01 pm

well if I were in kurt's shoes i wouldn't feel too bad either. but as a third person looking at the situation w/o bias, i would say kurt's action while not considered "cheating" in my book will defintiely cause hte other partner to feel bad, so he shouldn't do it if he really cares about how blaine feels.

but you know, in a strained relationship, each partner becomes defensive and sees their own position only, and then they can justifiy just about anything they do. for kurt he likes how chandler makes him feel, even though he has no interest in going out w/ him. so from his point of view, it's not cheating. besides blaine justifies his own actions w/ sebastian so hey why can't kurt?!

at this point it's actually destructive to point fingers to say who is wrong or right. the main thing is there's problem in the relationship and chandler is just a sympton and not the source of the ill. communicating openly and sincerely is the only way to solve this problem. arguing who is right and wrong can only make things worse.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 10:14 pm

fantastica wrote:I posted in the Appreciation Thread a video interview of Chris from teen.com: link to post here where he expressed frustration over kurt constantly having to take "high road" like not throwing back at Santana's snarks and not standing up for himself.

I just saw that interview too. Gosh Chris is just like us. He also wants Kurt to be more confident in terms of giving people a piece of his mind. Then Ryan Murphy decides he has to become a saint and take the high road. I felt Chris's frustration while he was saying that. Oh Glee dryy .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/27/2012, 2:15 am

I think the reason Kurt doesn't get to verbally bitch slap Santana is that they want her to be the Queen Bitch, and you can't have someone slap her down. I do SOOOO think she is getting away with far too much, and probably cannot take as well as she gives. What I would pay to have them let Kurt get to slap her down just once, a royal smack down. He could even phrase it, "just this once I am going to lower myself to the sewer level in which you dwell, Satan...and he says something far more clever than I can think of right now, maybe they'll let Chris write it, while we are dreaming.. Then bitch look supreme, and he walks away. Brittney stands there and asks Santana to explain to her what Kurt just said.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 2:29 am

na, let kurt take the high road. that just further distinguishes him from chris and carlson.

of course i want kurt to buy a whip and slap the hell of her. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/27/2012, 2:30 am

Divalicious wrote:I think the reason Kurt doesn't get to verbally bitch slap Santana is that they want her to be the Queen Bitch, and you can't have someone slap her down. I do SOOOO think she is getting away with far too much, and probably cannot take as well as she gives. What I would pay to have them let Kurt get to slap her down just once, a royal smack down. He could even phrase it, "just this once I am going to lower myself to the sewer level in which you dwell, Satan...and he says something far more clever than I can think of right now, maybe they'll let Chris write it, while we are dreaming.. Then bitch look supreme, and he walks away. Brittney stands there and asks Santana to explain to her what Kurt just said.

That was so close to my headcanon. We all think so alike on this forum it's freaky sometimes!. I also wish he would just give her a piece of his mind once, just once, and she stands there speechless afterward.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/27/2012, 2:37 am

I think we all (at least mos uf us) share Chris's frustration from taking always a high road...

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 2:42 am

ok, so this vest is new and different from the AIWNSG vest:

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Tumblr_m318fj4ECZ1qeds6ko1_r1_500

but because of its cost ($500) and 10 thousand buttons it's not a very practical piece of garment.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 4/27/2012, 4:28 am

I liked Chandler too, especially those dumb puns. Smile He did remind me a lot of Tyler Oakley, which I thought was amusing. I'm sure Tyler would have thought Chandler should be hitting on Blaine instead! I don't exactly ship Kurt/Chandler (I think you'd have to have the patience of a saint to spend a lot of time with someone as hyper as that) but I wouldn't mind if they ran into each other again in New York and were friendly. Pehaps he calms down a little once you get to know him. Kurt, Blaine and Chandler should go bowling. Laughing

Funny how Karofsky is at West Lima High, Kurt is at McKinley and Chandler is at North Lima High. How many d*mn schools are there in Lima? How big is this "small town"? Chandler has to be out or, like Kurt was early season 1, in a glass closet so it can't be particularly easy for him either but I notice they didn't put him in the same school as Karofsky. That way people won't be asking why Karofsky didn't fixate on him instead. It's weird that Lima is this tiny town with no gay people (apart from the Berry dads and *ugh* Sandy who "wasn't gay") in Season One but now that they need spare characters from all over it's a huge place with at least three public High Schools and Kurt conveniently runs into another gay guy while out shopping. Not that I'm complaining; realistically there should be more LGBTQ people (especially more lesbian/bi women) and it's just that up until this season Glee has chosen to deliberately isolate Kurt from other gay people apart from Blaine, Santana, Brittany and Karofsky. It's kinda annoying that they've made Kurt's previous loneliness seem unfounded, but I'm glad he's no longer the "only out gay kid in this town." It's great for queer visibility. I'm amazed that there's so many gay characters on a youth-oriented primetime TV show and I think that, in amongst all the (valid!) complaints about poor writing and all the "shipping" arguments, people sometimes forget how positive Glee is in that respect.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 4:51 am

I think Kurt's gay powers are drawing other gays into town. It's like a magnetic poor, like Hell Mouth.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/27/2012, 6:15 am

Yikes, on some of the sites Kurt is being blamed for Blaine being such a pathetic needy mess ...evil and not contrite enough Kurt... I do find it so cool that Chris Colfer manages to convey with his acting that Kurt really doesn't think he did anything wrong. Chris Colfer can be such an evil genius.

The whole scene with Kurt and Blaine in the room with Emma, Kurt is *humoring* Blaine for most of the scene...once again, Chris Colfer is evil..
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 6:25 am

Frankly, I have been missing this callous and superior Kurt a lot. The guy that I went crazy about was one of the most flawed characters on the show. He was conceited, though he was better then everybody else, a little manipulator, he budged Rachel like nobody Twisted Evil, was passive-aggressive towards his dad when they didn't have their "out of this world epic bonding" scenes, his inappropriate crush on Finn - which I loved and still think is the most misunderstood storyline of season 1, ...

By the way, I was reading comments on Gold Derby forum and posters say that Dance With Somebody is his Emmy submission, no contest - some feel that the only weak point was his vocal for IHN, but that everything else was golden, particularly Kurt and Burt "they made each other men" - WHAT A BRILLIANT LINE.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/27/2012, 6:31 am

Frankly, I have been missing this callous and superior Kurt a lot.

yes, people bitch about "St. Kurt" and yet when he's humanly flawed they bitch about his being not perfect...

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Laughing
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel/Glee Episode discussion thread

Post  BlueJazz 4/27/2012, 7:22 am

tanita_mors wrote:I think Kurt's gay powers are drawing other gays into town. It's like a magnetic poor, like Hell Mouth.

Hmm, I love your thinking here vexe It's so obvious, right? Gay guys from other places just can't resist his power and continue to step into Lima. Can you imagine the gay population in Lima if Kurt doesn't move to NYC next year?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 4/27/2012, 7:25 am

tanita_mors wrote:Frankly, I have been missing this callous and superior Kurt a lot. The guy that I went crazy about was one of the most flawed characters on the show. He was conceited, though he was better then everybody else, a little manipulator, he budged Rachel like nobody Twisted Evil, was passive-aggressive towards his dad when they didn't have their "out of this world epic bonding" scenes, his inappropriate crush on Finn - which I loved and still think is the most misunderstood storyline of season 1, ...

I think all Kurtsies and even Chris share your pain :( Will we see the old Kurt in NYC? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/27/2012, 8:30 am

Buenos wrote:Yikes, on some of the sites Kurt is being blamed for Blaine being such a pathetic needy mess ...evil and not contrite enough Kurt... I do find it so cool that Chris Colfer manages to convey with his acting that Kurt really doesn't think he did anything wrong. Chris Colfer can be such an evil genius.

The whole scene with Kurt and Blaine in the room with Emma, Kurt is *humoring* Blaine for most of the scene...once again, Chris Colfer is evil..

Chris is not evil. He just doesn't meekly allow the characterization of Kurt Hummel to roll over and die a noble death just to elevate another character on the show. He cares too much about Kurt to let that happen, and I admire him all the more for it neutre

Blaine only came across as a pathetic needy mess because his actor chose to portray him like that. They should understand who should be the real target of their ire.

I believe a lot of Kurt's defiance in the latest episode was unscripted. It's amazing how, even without lines, we the audience can easily tell what Kurt was thinking and feeling at a given moment (I've watched INRBIO several times, mainly for Kurt's epic WTF expressions Razz ).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 8:43 am

fantastica wrote:well if I were in kurt's shoes i wouldn't feel too bad either. but as a third person looking at the situation w/o bias, i would say kurt's action while not considered "cheating" in my book will defintiely cause hte other partner to feel bad, so he shouldn't do it if he really cares about how blaine feels.

but you know, in a strained relationship, each partner becomes defensive and sees their own position only, and then they can justifiy just about anything they do. for kurt he likes how chandler makes him feel, even though he has no interest in going out w/ him. so from his point of view, it's not cheating. besides blaine justifies his own actions w/ sebastian so hey why can't kurt?!

at this point it's actually destructive to point fingers to say who is wrong or right. the main thing is there's problem in the relationship and chandler is just a sympton and not the source of the ill. communicating openly and sincerely is the only way to solve this problem. arguing who is right and wrong can only make things worse.

While I think cheating is a strong word for what Kurt did, I do think Kurt was wrong to do that behind Blaine's back. If you are seeking an emotional uplift from another source, there is something wrong with the relationship.

The reason why what Blaine did was so much worse is that he continued interacting with Sebastian despite the fact that he knew that Kurt was bothered by Sebastian and felt that Sebastian was a threat to their relationship. From the start, Kurt let it be known that he didn't like Sebastian, and while he never came out and said, "I don't want you to talk to Sebastian anymore," he definitely let Blaine know he was uncomfortable with Sebastian. Blaine showed no consideration for Kurt in that through his actions--dancing with Sebastian (which was an insult after it took Kurt getting humiliated for him to dance with Kurt at the prom), looking genuinely happy and excited to see Sebastian every time, and talking to him on the internet, phone, or texting). It was only after the slushie incident that Blaine actually stopped talking to Sebastian (and that was probably because he wasn't in the rest of that episode, and basically the next two).

When Kurt realized that Blaine was upset by the texts, what did he do? He told Chandler to stop texting him and cut off contact with him. He made efforts to fix the issue through counselling, and singing for Blaine. He showed more consideration for Blaine than Blaine has every showed for him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 8:46 am

[quote="Delight"]
Buenos wrote:
Blaine only came across as a pathetic needy mess because his actor chose to portray him like that. They should understand who should be the real target of their ire.

I believe a lot of Kurt's defiance in the latest episode was unscripted. It's amazing how, even without lines, we the audience can easily tell what Kurt was thinking and feeling at a given moment (I've watched INRBIO several times, mainly for Kurt's epic WTF expressions Razz ).

Regarding Darren's acting choice, I think you are giving him far too much credit. I don't think he makes any acting decisions (he basically said that himself recently). He just receits the lines.

And remember, you can mute the TV when you watch INRBIO. Just a friendly PSA.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/27/2012, 12:03 pm

Chris is not evil. He just doesn't meekly allow the characterization of Kurt Hummel to roll over and die a noble death just to elevate another character on the show. He cares too much about Kurt to let that happen, and I admire him all the more for it

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. That bolded statement is what I meant about Chris Colfer being an "evil genius." It was meant as a compliment. Like all good actors, he conveys things with a look or body language without needing pages of script. I would say he's a subversively evil genius, because I do believe he somewhat undermined the written script. It's not always possible but this time IMO he saw the opening and he took it.

Wasn't sure what emoticon I needed to use for evil...maybe this one?... moque
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/27/2012, 12:38 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Regarding Darren's acting choice, I think you are giving him far too much credit. I don't think he makes any acting decisions (he basically said that himself recently). He just receits the lines.
100% agree. There's no choice, no thinking, otherwise from the time he has appeared on glee, his character wouldn't still be so bland. People usually blame the writting for it but Chris, with all the little things he's doing in the background as Kurt, is the perfect illustration that even without writing, you can still work on your character and continue to give him consistency.

Buenos wrote:Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. That bolded statement is what I meant about Chris Colfer being an "evil genius." It was meant as a compliment. Like all good actors, he conveys things with a look or body language without needing pages of script. I would say he's a subversively evil genius, because I do believe he somewhat undermined the written script. It's not always possible but this time IMO he saw the opening and he took it.

Wasn't sure what emoticon I needed to use for evil...maybe this one?... moque
That is what every actor should do, not necessarily undermine the script but own it and add humanity and subtetly to it. A script is not a novel with all the little details and description an author can give to portray a character and recount his actions, it's much more rough. If you only follow it, you get a character, well, like blaine Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/27/2012, 1:40 pm

The scripts Glee generally write are not really in depth, they have too many characters to service, and need to fit songs in as well. That is why Chris is such a god-send, he embodies Kurt and gives him substance, even without lines. In a few seconds, looking at his face you have a whole, creative "script", so the audience perceives more being given to them storywise. I also think Lea and Cory have this ability, but because of the inherent natures of their characters, Rachel larger-than-life, and Finn, not the smartest tool in the shed, they don't get to do the more subtle things Chris gets to do, as the cool Kurt.

Kurt is a teenager, who looks at things from his own point of view, he hasn't the adult ability to walk in another shoes, although he is more adult than any of the other kids. When he is hurt, and feeling ignored, and undesired, and finds someone who makes him feel sexy via text messages, I can see him convincing himself this isn't bad, because there is no "hands on" business going on. I also think he does harbor some residual emotions about Blaine continuing to speak with Sebastian even when he expresses he doesn't like him.

I also think that Kurt's fan base is more adult, and aware that people make mistakes. Blaine's fans are more teenybopperish, and have a more black/white view of the world, and cannot accept less than perfection. Perhaps the coloring over isn't to make Kurt look bad, but to not upset the youthful Blaine fans. The writers do have to keep the majority of people happy, even if you can't please everyone. Kurt/Chris fans aren't going anywhere, I think the Blaine fans are less loyal, and more prone to find the newest shiny set of abs. JMHO.

Edit: woohoo!! I'm a llama now!! bounce

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next