3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:25 am

apositivefly wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:I quite liked almost all of this episode. Firstly the music was good but I kept thinking why wasn't Kurt singing in anything, not going to think about that anymore. I grew up listening to disco because of my mom and dad would play them all day long from mixed tapes.

Quick thoughts right after the episode: loved Finn, missed Kurt, Amber looks fabulous and I kept counting the cast members didn't utter a word or sentence, I got to Quinn, Artie, Mike and of course Tina and did Kevin sing at all? Oh, and that promo with Kurt and Burt, if I can't handle half a second of sad Burt what happens to me next week? panik

These were pretty much my thoughts as well, lol. I do like some disco and I enjoyed most of the songs, even though they needed more Kurt of course. I though Kurt & Blaine dancing in More Than A Woman was really cute. I don't mind Blaine when he's being the cute boyfriend background character.

fantastica wrote:^ kurt just saw first hand when a guy got outsted attempted suicide. He knew how bad the social/peer pressure will be and he knows not everything can be strong enough to get over it. Kurt is being considerate. but, he's not a counseler. He's a kid. It's not his job to fix everybody else' problem or be accurate/correct in expressing his opinion. fandom just likes to nitpick on every word he says.

I agree with all of this. Kurt is still a kid learning about the world and making mistakes. He only really has his own experiences to go on. I actually was a little annoyed with Wade guilt tripping Kurt a bit because he didn't meet his expectations. It kind of reminded me of the stories Chris tells of fans he meets being disappointed because he doesn't meet their expectations of being Kurt.

All these people saying that Kurt should have simply told Wade/Unique to go an perform with that outfit... I bet if Kurt had done so, they would have been mad at him for another reason, perhaps for letting her expose herself to danger like that.
You know? It's not as easy as to be supportive. Yes, it feels cool to tell a person to be "themselves" and call yourself tolerant and open minded cause of that. But being oneself has consequences. Some are great and some others, not so much. It's really irresponsible to tell a teenager to expose themselves to a proven homophobic environment without offering so much as a plan B. What if the teen's parents don't approve and throw them out? Are they going to offer shelter and food? What if the person's peers attack him? Are the open minded and supportive people going to jump in and defend them? People simplify everything to feel better about themselves. And, anyway, Kurt didn't even know Unique was transgender.
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:27 am

sahhar wrote:If they're nitpicking something that's that minor from yesterday's episode, I can't even imagine what will go down in the next few weeks. The fandom will rip Kurt apart. *prepares for utterly pointless Kurt backlash for the rest of season*.

I'm ready and have my sai swords at hand.
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:30 am

ColferGirl wrote:
paulopf wrote:
What else? I loved to see him dancing. So sexy. Wanna grab him and dip him, shoo hobbit.
That's it. I can't wait next week for the "I don't want you to go" scene. I'm already in tears just from mere speculation.

You're so awesome, I love this "shoo hobbit" comment. Razz Razz Razz Well said, and made my morning. Smile

As for you wanting to be the one to get to dance with and dip Chris....you might have some competition with Shinra there. Maybe you guys can share him? fanny2

And I agree about the "I don't want you to go" scene. The moment I saw it in the preview I got a little teary, I can only imagine how I'll feel when I see it in full context next week....

No. No sharing. :angry: Mad Evil or Very Mad
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:32 am

Shinra17 wrote: Laughing The convenient part of having you on this board is that I feel like I can already use your impressions as mine even before having watched the episode lol.

And here I thought the convenient part of having me here was my lovely presence per se. vexe
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:37 am

Sorry for spamming the thread. Here: random Kurt gif to make up for it.

avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/19/2012, 7:33 am

Hi paulo. I like the gif you posted Smile

Ok this is the gif that mellama asked me to find after Wade said to Kurt "that because you identify as a man" or sth like that:


sorrye is in black and white.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight on 4/19/2012, 7:52 am

paulopf wrote:Sorry for spamming the thread.

Spam away Smile

It's been a joy to read your comments neutre .
avatar
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 4/19/2012, 8:23 am

apositivefly wrote:I agree with all of this. Kurt is still a kid learning about the world and making mistakes. He only really has his own experiences to go on. I actually was a little annoyed with Wade guilt tripping Kurt a bit because he didn't meet his expectations. It kind of reminded me of the stories Chris tells of fans he meets being disappointed because he doesn't meet their expectations of being Kurt.
It wasn't so much of a mistake by the way, judging from the reaction of the coach of Vocal Adrenalin.

paulopf wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:ugh, my dash is full of this discussion right now arghh
What does that emoticon mean? Suspect You love the discussion. You love it! And it was not even a discussion. The person seemed to be just throwing a tantrum: "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right cause I say so."
I felt it from the beginning, that's why I didn't take part, I couldn't take it seriously. But your replies were great hapitgh

paulopf wrote:No. No sharing. :angry: Mad Evil or Very Mad
Really? ok, I take note.

Spoiler:
You're aware that macarons are a French specialty, right?

paulopf wrote:
Shinra17 wrote: Laughing The convenient part of having you on this board is that I feel like I can already use your impressions as mine even before having watched the episode lol.
And here I thought the convenient part of having me here was my lovely presence per se. vexe
Haha, that's is not the convenient part, it's another kind of part... Laughing bisou

paulopf wrote:Sorry for spamming the thread. Here: random Kurt gif to make up for it.

You should use that gif in the discussion previously mentionned, to show how much Kurt doesn't support Unique Laughing

and don't worry about the spamming, it's ok
(note to self: teach Paulo the multi-quoting someday, prepare a lot of macarons for that moment to keep him focused and motivated)
avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 4:01 pm

brisallie wrote:Hi paulo. I like the gif you posted Smile

¡Hola! baibai

Delight wrote: It's been a joy to read your comments neutre .

Thank you! I wasn't planning to stop, anyway! Twisted Evil

Shinra17 wrote: Really? ok, I take note.
Spoiler:
You're aware that macarons are a French specialty, right?

Macarons and Colfer are mine and mine only!

Shinra17 wrote:Haha, that's is not the convenient part, it's another kind of part... Laughing bisou

Okay! Okay! You win! I'll share Chris and macarons with you.

Shinra17 wrote:(note to self: teach Paulo the multi-quoting someday, prepare a lot of macarons for that moment to keep him focused and motivated)

See me multiquoting like a boss. Now give me macarons or another bisou.
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 4/19/2012, 4:19 pm

^


(just one, because I care about your weight.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/19/2012, 4:24 pm

^ i have never had this thing and I am sure it's very tasty and sweet but it LOOKS disgusting!

p.s. anything BROWN looks disgusting, you know. chocolate is the only exception, but only chocolate that looks like chocolate. this looks like hamburger.

p.s. I love french food. I just dont' have much money to eat it all the time.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/19/2012, 5:05 pm

Shinra17 wrote:^


(just one, because I care about your weight.)

That looks delicious Shinra Smile What exactly it is?

I love macarones wub you make me feel hungry!!!!


I don't remember who but I'm sure someone mentioned the gaze Kurt gave to Finn when he was announced as the winner, well here it's:


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 4/19/2012, 6:26 pm

brisallie wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:^


(just one, because I care about your weight.)

That looks delicious Shinra Smile What exactly it is?

I love macarones wub you make me feel hungry!!!!
Bah, it's a chocolate macaroon lol!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/19/2012, 10:50 pm

I'm back from France and I'm watching the Glee episode now. Here are my official thoughts:

I agree with those of you who said that said the random Blaine song opening is pointless. The pointless Blaine cold openings are just ridiculous.

I don't like Walex on the show. It was awkward watching him opposite Kurt and Mercedes. I don't think he is as strong of an actor as he thinks he is.

Night Fever was unimpressive. Why did they have to make that a Blaine moment? I am so sick of them throwing Blaine in there every single freaking chance they get. It's beyond ridiculous.

Amber did a nice job on Disco Inferno, but why do they have to make a Whitney Houston RIP mention a week before the tribute.

Naya sounds OK on If I Can't Have You, but it was really boring.

I think How Deep Is Your Love is the first time I haven't liked Lea's voice on.

Since I'm still on France time (which means it's almost 4:00 a.m., and I can't seem to stay awake, I'm going to end this post here and go to bed. I'll give you my thoughts on the rest of the episode tomorrow. I'm going to sleep for three years.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  M&M on 4/19/2012, 10:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'm back from France and I'm watching the Glee episode now. Here are my official thoughts:

I agree with those of you who said that said the random Blaine song opening is pointless. The pointless Blaine cold openings are just ridiculous.

I don't like Walex on the show. It was awkward watching him opposite Kurt and Mercedes. I don't think he is as strong of an actor as he thinks he is.

Night Fever was unimpressive. Why did they have to make that a Blaine moment? I am so sick of them throwing Blaine in there every single freaking chance they get. It's beyond ridiculous.

Amber did a nice job on Disco Inferno, but why do they have to make a Whitney Houston RIP mention a week before the tribute.

Naya sounds OK on If I Can't Have You, but it was really boring.

I think How Deep Is Your Love is the first time I haven't liked Lea's voice on.

Since I'm still on France time (which means it's almost 4:00 a.m., and I can't seem to stay awake, I'm going to end this post here and go to bed. I'll give you my thoughts on the rest of the episode tomorrow. I'm going to sleep for three years.

I agree with all of this. Especially Alex, who was an awful actor, and Naya, who has been totally hit or miss for me lately. I notice that when she has a solo and its just her on stage, she moves really awkwardly. See also Song Bird.
avatar
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 813
Join date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/20/2012, 2:58 am

I actually didn't mind the episode. It's wasn't great. I loved the Kurt scenes I got, so I was satisfied with those, not overjoyed. Could have done with a lot more as I am greedy.

I didn't mind Alex, I actually liked him more than Damian and Samuel. Wade was fun.

Didn't want Blaine, I hated Night Fever. Loved More Than A Woman.

To me this episode was okay, and fun.

I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/20/2012, 8:22 am

OK, I'm continuing my review as I watch:

The whole Brittania storyline was silly.

The performance of Boogie Shoes was fine, but I just don't like Alex very much (he is just way too much of a diva for me after watching him on the show and seeing him in person). And what was up Kurt and Mercedes watching from backstage? Like that would have happend Wink

More Than A Woman was cute. I liked the way Kurt's hair was combed. Finn applying to college in April. Yeah, that's a good idea.

OK, Santana getting a full ride to a college she never applied to? And isn't that kind of a reused storyline? Didn't Tina apply to a college for Mike?

Staying Alive seemed OK, but it seemed slow to me.

Overall, I didn't love the episode. It was way too many songs. And it was weird hearing the guys sing the songs that they were singing--the voices coming out of their mouths just didn't seem to match them. It was odd.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/20/2012, 9:45 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

Overall, I didn't love the episode. It was way too many songs. And it was weird hearing the guys sing the songs that they were singing--the voices coming out of their mouths just didn't seem to match them. It was odd.

Hi Jelly. Are you enjoying your holidays? And girl this was the typical tribute/special episode that Glee likes to made but the thing is that this time they weren't a lot of coherence between the plot and storylines. Though some people was shocked because they noticed more continuity than before ohmy tonguue

PS: When do you know Alex? so is he a real diva as I saw him in TGP? that why I can't like so much that boy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/20/2012, 11:05 am

brisallie wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

Overall, I didn't love the episode. It was way too many songs. And it was weird hearing the guys sing the songs that they were singing--the voices coming out of their mouths just didn't seem to match them. It was odd.

Hi Jelly. Are you enjoying your holidays? And girl this was the typical tribute/special episode that Glee likes to made but the thing is that this time they weren't a lot of coherence between the plot and storylines. Though some people was shocked because they noticed more continuity than before ohmy tonguue

PS: When do you know Alex? so is he a real diva as I saw him in TGP? that why I can't like so much that boy.

Romina, I know it was a typical tribute, but I just didn't like the songs, and I didn't think that any of the ones sung by the guys sounded like they should have been sung by the guys. I just didn't enjoy the episode that much.

I saw Alex in a play at his high school about a month ago. We were waiting to speak with my relative who was in the show, and Alex came out and he was a total diva. You could tell he likes to be noticed and be the center of attention.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum