Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

+15
Buenos
sheny
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
TimF
ColferInspired
YaoiChick
AnneNeville
ladydianab
Divalicious
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap18%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 4/15/2014, 4:44 pm

"Opening Night"

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread 14-aceb7e791cefcd3334da9a051feef0bb

"GLEE" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

BREAK A LEG, RACHEL! ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, APRIL 22, ON FOX

The night has finally arrived for Rachel's (Lea Michele) Broadway debut in "Funny Girl," and she has very special guests in town to support her career-defining moment in the all-new "Opening Night" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-517) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.
You all know what to do.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 8:58 pm

Two minutes til show time.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 9:00 pm

Not watching. Don't care. Going to bed early tonight.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 9:02 pm

Not watching live, but am DVRing it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 9:04 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Not watching live, but am DVRing  it.

I have the DVR set to record. If I watch, will just ff through most of the ep except for anything good with Kurt and mute the rest. I have no desire to sit through an hour long affirmation of just how amazing Rachel is when I have a cat's litter box to clean.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 9:09 pm

Ranwing wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Not watching live, but am DVRing  it.

I have the DVR set to record. If I watch, will just ff through most of the ep except for anything good with Kurt and mute the rest. I have no desire to sit through an hour long affirmation of just how amazing Rachel is when I have a cat's litter box to clean.

If I watch I will most likely fast forward most of the episode. I will watch any good Kurt scene that does not involved him being a prop to Rachel.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:11 pm

The nightmare was pointless, as is this Rachel song. The best part is Chris being adorable in the background. What a waste of bringing back Max Adler.

So, Rachel being all worried about the reviewers after months on tour is just ridiculous. If only Kurt can make the love bubble a bubble for all of the horrible friends to have a death match in until they eat each other.

I wanted to love NYC, but there is no fun, and no awe in it. Jane and Matt sound fine in it, but not nearly as fun as the other Will/Sue numbers.

Tina needs to shut up. Nothing she has said is worth anything.

Bruce! Kurt is still sleeping with Bruce! Because he doesn't get any action from the Grease stain! Bruce! Kurlow forever!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 9:12 pm

Wow so Rachel is already feeling stressed out. Seems the critics haven't been so nice.

P.S Why is Kurt sleeping with Bruce?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 9:18 pm

Is been months Santana, sorry episodes, and now she's here and is being very supportive. That's surprising.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:22 pm

So, is this whole thing taking a shot at all of us fans who bitch about Glee on websites, tumblr, and twitter?

Sue better not make a move on Bruce! Bruce belongs to Kurt!

So Santana gets Rachel out of bed? OK.

So, Will doesn't even get to go to the performance because Emma is having the baby? OK then. I can't even remember if that even fits in the crazy Glee timeline.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:23 pm

brisallie wrote:Wow so Rachel is already feeling stressed out. Seems the critics haven't been so nice.

Because Bruce is more satisfying than the other thing he recently slept with.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 9:24 pm

It looks like more and more I likely will be fast forwarding most of the episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 9:25 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:Wow so Rachel is already feeling stressed out. Seems the critics haven't been so nice.

Because Bruce is more satisfying than the other thing he recently slept with.

True.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:31 pm

Kurt, if that is the critic for the Times, why in Heaven's name would you let Sue sit next to him?

I'm the Greatest Star sounded fine, but it was cut weird, and wasn't that great of a performance visually.

Would friends actually be able to get backstage like that in the middle of the show?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/22/2014, 9:33 pm

I still have a couple hours to go before it is in here. I find it impossible to watch the show without the possibility of skipping annoying diva scenes, so will watch it after AoS.

I used to be pleased when Kurt had friendships because that meant he had someone to talk to, and that meant a scene. Since season 2 it seems that they simply use him as a talented prop. To prop both Rachel and Blaines enormous but fragile egos. I used to wish that they would do more than acknowledge Kurt's talent more than once a year, only to give someone else a much bigger prize. Now my biggest wish is for Kurt to gather up a whole new bunch of friends, like Elliot, who support him and want to share the spotlight, instead of Kurt having to do all the emotional heavy lifting.

Because , outside of Blaine.and Rachel, all his other friends.aren't taking him aside and saying, boy, you need to set limits. I guess as long as someone else is attending to the bottomless pools of neediness they are okay with their behaviors. Even Burt has been used to validate the unhealthy relationships. I want someone solely in Kurt's corner with no other agenda but Kurt and Happy having a life long relationship.

Something tells me I won't be seeing that tonight.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 9:34 pm

I wonder if Greatest Star was edited like that as Sue's story had to fit on it, so that why the focused wasn't totally on Rachel.

I didn't know there was gonna be a Sue/Rachel duet. I'm surprised, and I accept I was wrong, Sue is actually having her own SL
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:39 pm

Sue divorced herself. This is news.

The Sue storyline is kind of boring.

Jane has a pleasant voice. It's a pity they didn't let her sing a bit more on the show.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 4/22/2014, 9:40 pm

Um, I hate saying this but, I am really bored!!! I'm playing on the iPad instead of paying attention.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 9:45 pm

I'm not putting so much attention to the episode, but is true they show a flashback of Finn? That what I read on twitter

Know Rachel is loved by gays guys?

Last edited by brisallie on 4/22/2014, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 9:46 pm

Flipped to the show for just a second and saw the gay bar bartender losing his shit over Rachel being there. And then I turned MSNBC back on to watch something about climate change.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:50 pm

So, Blaine knows a gay bar to bring Rachel to, and everyone knows her. OK. Yeah. That makes sense.

Blaine sure grabbed the number of the DJ really fast, and then went into the bathroom. Bet Blaine's calling the DJ now.

I love Kurt's face when Rachel was telling Sue off.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2014, 9:51 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kurt, if that is the critic for the Times, why in Heaven's name would you let Sue sit next to him?

I'm the Greatest Star sounded fine, but it was cut weird, and wasn't that great of a performance visually.  

Would friends actually be able to get backstage like that in the middle of the show?

Is it actually opening night? Because the top critics don't come to opening night. They come to the previews beforehand so they can have their review all written.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 9:52 pm

Umm I know Sue has never been nice to anyone in that group, probably only to Kurt, but I don't know I just feel like Rachel was kinda harsh with her words.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:52 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm not putting so much attention to the episode, but is true they show a flashback of Finn? That what I read on twitter

Know Rachel is loved by gays guys?

Yes, they did show Finn briefly during the performance.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2014, 9:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Would friends actually be able to get backstage like that in the middle of the show?

I'm not watching, but no--friends would probably not be welcome backstage during the show. I guess that they could, if they know their way around the theatre, go back there . . . but it wouldn't be appreciated. I had some actors who had a guest who stayed in their dressing room during the performance. I also child-wrangled, and the 10 year old's mother was not welcome to come backstage any time she wanted. She could go as far as the stairwell connected to backstage (and her kid could visit her there), but she was not supposed to go any farther.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next