3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 4/18/2012, 12:39 pm

Finally finished downloading and watching the episode. Bah, boring episode as expected, actually worse than expected. Beside all the Kurt's mini-scenes, the only good thing: Wade in his number. I don't know how the guy is in real life but he was terrifically convincing as a female performer, even his face has something that makes him more "beautiful" as a girl and he played well the difference between the awkward and shy male persona and the confident and a bit uppity female persona.

For the rest, it was between boring and awful moments. The male singing in this episode sounds fake, like they were dubbed by other singers. The only two that sound real were blaine in the opening number and finn during more than a woman because they sounded like 2 people who are being strangled and any dubbing singer would do better. The finchel drama is repetitive and the editing didn't help (rachel was obviously scheming sth with schuester and emma, and no explanation). Brittana is still unbelievable, how can santana not be scared to death by the level of stupidity of brittany. Schuester is creepy as usual, he is just a teacher, why don't any student tell him to mind his own business, they are not accountable to him about their choice for their future. Oh well, samcedes was sweet. But still, an episode completely forgettable.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 4/18/2012, 12:56 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Also, I don't think Rachel was ready to forget about NY because of Finn, I think she was giving him an opportunity fro the first time to make his own choice and we all saw how relived she was when he said NY.
Right, I feel like a lot of people misunderstood this, she gave a highfive to emma & will after finn left the office, I think it's pretty clear it was part of a plan.

Delight wrote:Blaine sings for NO REASON at the beginning of the episode. Yay.
Well, it's actually a logical thing to do if they have to let him sing at least one song per episode, a song used as an opening doesn't need any justification or SL. Convenient way to get rid of an obligation lol.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 1:04 pm

it seems that most reactions among fans range from mildly liking it to dislike, w/ most being 'meh" and "boring". interestingly many recaps are giving it high marks, some even saying it's one of hte best episode of the season, even the one form AV club, which almost alays diss glee. I wonder what they've been smoking.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas on 4/18/2012, 1:16 pm

I quite liked almost all of this episode. Firstly the music was good but I kept thinking why wasn't Kurt singing in anything, not going to think about that anymore. I grew up listening to disco because of my mom and dad would play them all day long from mixed tapes.

I just adored the Finn finding his own way-storyline so much (even though someone pointed out that acting never been an option for him before). That scene in the classroom with Schue was a reminder how good of an actor Cory has become. At the beginning of the episode just for a while I thought we were subtlely told that Finn was not on the same route as Hummelberry, the Shock I had from that. I even said out loud that if they break the holy trinity of Hudson-Hummelberry I'm quitting the show.

One unrealistic but lovely fact about Glee surfaced in this episode again: all these teenage boys are just too lovely and perfect to excist in real life or even Glee Universe. Finn being lovely and Sam knowing waaay too much how to be perfect.

Not really invested in Santanas storyline, but found it endearing how Brittney in her own way tried to convice Santana that she doesn't need to be famous to be happy.

Kurts storyline with Mercedes and Unique was great, I'm way older than Kurts character and I still have issues and questions defining different identities that there are in the world. And Kurtcedes was back wub , Amber was really good and Chris was his convincing self. I haven't a clue about Glee project but this Alex is from that show right? What a performance, one of the best in the episode besides Staying Alive.

Quick thoughts right after the episode: loved Finn, missed Kurt, Amber looks fabulous and I kept counting the cast members didn't utter a word or sentence, I got to Quinn, Artie, Mike and of course Tina and did Kevin sing at all? Oh, and that promo with Kurt and Burt, if I can't handle half a second of sad Burt what happens to me next week? panik

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 1:30 pm

Kevin SHOULD sing. blaine should NOT (and that first song is a total waste of time the only good thing being hte choreography). I am 100% sure Kurt sings in "more than a woman" in the chorus part. His voice is very distinctive, especially if you listen to a high quality AAC or MP3 file.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 2:14 pm

last night's rating is down. I posted the info in the rating thread

byebye season 5. Smile
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/18/2012, 2:19 pm

First of all I was expecting the strongest thing about this episode was gonna be the musicals and you know what: IT WAS, personally I like all of them, mainly the last one because we go back to the old glee spirit wub I just love when ND is on the stage dancing and singing together.

Lets talk about the SL:

-Finn, since when he want to be an actor? I feel Finn is so lost about what he's gonna do in the future, he's just following Rachel but seriously is he thinking what he really wants? Well he gaves us a clue: He wan't to inspire people, he wan't to provoke a feeling in others, so acting could be a possibility but still don't see him in Broadway. BTW Cory's acting is improving everyday, he's one of the strongest next to Chris wub.

-Mercedes, I understand her insecurities about becoming a huge singer star like her idols Mariah, Whitney (did you notice she said "rest in peace"?) and Aretha but she has to know it gonna be complicated and hard. Still don't see the fierceness that Rachel has for pursuing her dreams but at the end with the help of his "prince" Sam he has it. Yep that was so Glee.

-I was expecting more from Santana, as Will said I think he could be a good lawyer with her personality she could win a lot of cases but "I just wanna be famous and Blaine's brother right about college" What's going on with her? Besides all this SL with the sex tape (though I like Lord Tubbington tonguue is a fatty cute cat) and the many ideas of Brittany of how become famous was so nonsense and silly.

About Kurt, I'm glad Kurtcedes is back Smile but honestly I wasn't interesting in their SL with Wade, though I can't deny Alex did it amazing performing as a girl! ohmy . Maybe it wasn't interesting because he was next to two poor actors.

Last remark: Jesse cameback to be on screen only yelling at VA and then telling Kurtcedes nicknames and making faces during Wade's performance? I want more of Jon Groff!!!


@ Kim , Unless there's a miracle, I've always thought next season will be the last one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 2:38 pm

Jon Groff is a bit like male Sue. He's delicious as usual.

the cat is the next best thing to Kurt on that show. (but I am biased, you know)
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  mellama on 4/18/2012, 2:52 pm

I loved Kurt's cartwheel.

It was good to see Kurtcedes again.

Alex stole the show, IMO. Best performance of the night, by far. (singing, not acting). THIS is how they need to use the GleeProject winners! Use them as one or two epi performers during competitions. Lindsey was fabulous as well. They actually enhance the quality of the episodes they're in. Rory and Dreadlocks boy have been a waste of space and airtime. They brought their episodes down. Leave the actors to act and let these Glee Project kids perform, which they do very well.

Didn't hate the show. Just so much I didn't care about. And I simply can not get over them not letting Kurt sing BeeGees. He could have blown them all out of the water. Hmm.. Maybe that's why they didn't let him sing. IDK

The gifs are great! Highlighting Kurt's moments, small as they have been, help make the epi worthwhile to me. But this is yet another I doubt I'll bother to rewatch. I have the DVD's of seasons 1 and 2. Won't bother this year. Sadly, there's so few episodes I'll rewatch, it's just cheaper to download the epi's I like individually.
avatar
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : USA
Real Name : Grace

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/18/2012, 3:17 pm

Hi Mellama nice to see you here neutre

About the following scene:


I need to express what I feel about some people says on tumblr that they're glad that finally someone has call Kurt out on his ignorant bullshit, only because he thinks he's the only gay kid in Lima, doesn’t make him the expert on everything. Ok has ever Kurt been an expert related to gays, transgenders, drag queens, so on? It was only three years ago he came out and accepted himself and only last year he went to a gay bar so why he has to know everything? Besides I thought he said to Wade to not perform as Unique because he knows how is Lima.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 on 4/18/2012, 3:20 pm

ugh, my dash is full of this discussion right now arghh

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 3:52 pm

i am glad glee went there to distinguish the difference between an effeminate gay male and a transgender. Unique identifies himself/herself as a woman. Kurt identifies himself as a man. I hear quite some confusion from straight people who think that when a gay man is effeminate, especially if he has femninen manerisms, into fashion and cooking and all these "female" interests he must want to be a girl (and therefore he likes guys). that's not true at all. just to show how ignorant a lot of people are.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar on 4/18/2012, 3:53 pm

Shinra17 wrote:ugh, my dash is full of this discussion right now arghh

People judging Kurt again? Shocked , that's never happened before (insert sarcasm and sigh).

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1442
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  mellama on 4/18/2012, 5:03 pm

brisallie wrote:Hi Mellama nice to see you here neutre

About the following scene:


I need to express what I feel about some people says on tumblr that they're glad that finally someone has call Kurt out on his ignorant bullshit, only because he thinks he's the only gay kid in Lima, doesn’t make him the expert on everything. Ok has ever Kurt been an expert related to gays, transgenders, drag queens, so on? It was only three years ago he came out and accepted himself and only last year he went to a gay bar so why he has to know everything? Besides I thought he said to Wade to not perform as Unique because he knows how is Lima.

hola Hi, Romina. I'm here most days. I just tend to read more than I post. Smile

ITA with your post. I don't know why people think Kurt should be an expert on gay. He's just a kid, who's still in the process of figuring things out for himself, in a small town conservative community where there are few role models. (of course, the Berry Dads might be a great resource, if he were ever allowed to interact with them! But that's a different rant.) I get the sense from canon that he went to that gay bar once. Nothing indicates that he frequents the place or has made friends with the people there. It was Sebastian and Karofsky who were portrayed as familiar with that scene.

I wish you had a pic of Kurt's face as he processed Unique's statement about Kurt self identifying as a man, while she self identifies as a woman. It would be the shot right after that last one you show of Unique. It was very subtle, but to me it was clear that Kurt had never had that thought before, but it was making sense to him. (Chris is such a good actor! I feel like I know what he is thinking and feeling in every scene!)

I forgot to mention that I thought Zach did a great job with choreography. Disco line dancing, doing the Hustle. Hee! And I did like the dancing in More Than a Woman. It was great to see boy on girl, boy on boy and girl on girl, all together, all easy and happy and no big deal. I don't like much about Will and Sue as teachers, but gotta give them that! Creating a safe environment where all the kids feel free to be themselves to dance with whom they wish. Totally cool.

I don't buy Santana and Heather as a lesbian couple. They come across as loving friends, but there's no sexual chemistry. But they sure do dance well together. If they were only shown on the dance floor, they'd be completely believable. IMO.

fantastica wrote:i am glad glee went there to distinguish the difference between an effeminate gay male and a transgender. Unique identifies himself/herself as a woman. Kurt identifies himself as a man. I hear quite some confusion from straight people who think that when a gay man is effeminate, especially if he has femninen manerisms, into fashion and cooking and all these "female" interests he must want to be a girl (and therefore he likes guys). that's not true at all. just to show how ignorant a lot of people are.

ITA. FWIW, I think you would say that Wade identifies himself as a woman. Or Unique identifies herself as a woman. My understanding is that you use the pronoun appropriate to the gender the individual is presenting.

avatar
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : USA
Real Name : Grace

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar on 4/18/2012, 5:23 pm

Ahem, sorry this is off topic, but I don't know where else to post this. When I go to my Facebook account I cannot comment or post anything on my wall or anyone else's. I can't open any private messages either. I'v tried everything but cannot fix it. Does anybody know how I can fix this?. I'll really appreciate it neutre

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1442
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Emile on 4/18/2012, 5:30 pm

sahhar wrote:Ahem, sorry this is off topic, but I don't know where else to post this. When I go to my Facebook account I cannot comment or post anything on my wall or anyone else's. I can't open any private messages either. I'v tried everything but cannot fix it. Does anybody know how I can fix this?. I'll really appreciate it neutre
^Post it here!! Razz
There you can say even if you are yawning.

avatar
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-03-16
Location : Yes.
Real Name : Valentina

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar on 4/18/2012, 5:33 pm

Emile wrote:
sahhar wrote:Ahem, sorry this is off topic, but I don't know where else to post this. When I go to my Facebook account I cannot comment or post anything on my wall or anyone else's. I can't open any private messages either. I'v tried everything but cannot fix it. Does anybody know how I can fix this?. I'll really appreciate it neutre
^Post it here!! Razz
There you can say even if you are yawning.


Thanks Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1442
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/18/2012, 6:13 pm

tanita_mors wrote:The reason I think Kurt wasn't completely supportive is because he knows what might happen to Wade if he makes those kind of waves and maybe he fears the Wade couldn't handle the rejection and bullying the way Kurt did. Not everyone is strong-willed like that.

Yeah. It was because of that and, also, because Kurt didn't know Unique was transgender. But, you know fandom's favorite sport: nitpick on Kurt.
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 6:50 pm

^ kurt just saw first hand when a guy got outsted attempted suicide. He knew how bad the social/peer pressure will be and he knows not everything can be strong enough to get over it. Kurt is being considerate. but, he's not a counseler. He's a kid. It's not his job to fix everybody else' problem or be accurate/correct in expressing his opinion. fandom just likes to nitpick on every word he says.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar on 4/18/2012, 6:53 pm

If they're nitpicking something that's that minor from yesterday's episode, I can't even imagine what will go down in the next few weeks. The fandom will rip Kurt apart. *prepares for utterly pointless Kurt backlash for the rest of season*.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1442
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2012, 8:47 pm

"What I said about Mr. Schue and falsetto? Um, it also applies to Finn Hudson. I did enjoy Kurt’s backup support, though. And speaking of which, an entire night of Bee Gees, and not a single solo for Chris Colfer? How come we never hear that kid sing anymore?"

TVLin recap
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/18/2012, 8:48 pm

fantastica wrote:i am glad glee went there to distinguish the difference between an effeminate gay male and a transgender. Unique identifies himself/herself as a woman. Kurt identifies himself as a man. I hear quite some confusion from straight people who think that when a gay man is effeminate, especially if he has femninen manerisms, into fashion and cooking and all these "female" interests he must want to be a girl (and therefore he likes guys). that's not true at all. just to show how ignorant a lot of people are.

I was glad too that it was mentioned this difference Smile because not everybody know this and put them in the same box, personally I didn't know until someone explain it to me some years ago but that not happen everyday o.o

sahhar wrote:

People judging Kurt again? Shocked , that's never happened before (insert sarcasm and sigh).

Razz I know this has happened before and again some people are saying "He's saint Kurt you can't say nothing against him" in a way that makes me want to kick them.

mellama wrote:
...
I wish you had a pic of Kurt's face as he processed Unique's statement about Kurt self identifying as a man, while she self identifies as a woman. It would be the shot right after that last one you show of Unique. It was very subtle, but to me it was clear that Kurt had never had that thought before, but it was making sense to him. (Chris is such a good actor! I feel like I know what he is thinking and feeling in every scene!)

...

I'll try to find it Grace Smile and them post it here for you. I noticed that face too though it lasted only few seconds and as you said it was like he was analyzing what Wade told him.



______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  apositivefly on 4/18/2012, 8:53 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I quite liked almost all of this episode. Firstly the music was good but I kept thinking why wasn't Kurt singing in anything, not going to think about that anymore. I grew up listening to disco because of my mom and dad would play them all day long from mixed tapes.

Quick thoughts right after the episode: loved Finn, missed Kurt, Amber looks fabulous and I kept counting the cast members didn't utter a word or sentence, I got to Quinn, Artie, Mike and of course Tina and did Kevin sing at all? Oh, and that promo with Kurt and Burt, if I can't handle half a second of sad Burt what happens to me next week? panik

These were pretty much my thoughts as well, lol. I do like some disco and I enjoyed most of the songs, even though they needed more Kurt of course. I though Kurt & Blaine dancing in More Than A Woman was really cute. I don't mind Blaine when he's being the cute boyfriend background character.

fantastica wrote:^ kurt just saw first hand when a guy got outsted attempted suicide. He knew how bad the social/peer pressure will be and he knows not everything can be strong enough to get over it. Kurt is being considerate. but, he's not a counseler. He's a kid. It's not his job to fix everybody else' problem or be accurate/correct in expressing his opinion. fandom just likes to nitpick on every word he says.

I agree with all of this. Kurt is still a kid learning about the world and making mistakes. He only really has his own experiences to go on. I actually was a little annoyed with Wade guilt tripping Kurt a bit because he didn't meet his expectations. It kind of reminded me of the stories Chris tells of fans he meets being disappointed because he doesn't meet their expectations of being Kurt.
avatar
apositivefly
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-04-14
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:17 am

brisallie wrote:Hi Mellama nice to see you here neutre

About the following scene:


I need to express what I feel about some people says on tumblr that they're glad that finally someone has call Kurt out on his ignorant bullshit, only because he thinks he's the only gay kid in Lima, doesn’t make him the expert on everything. Ok has ever Kurt been an expert related to gays, transgenders, drag queens, so on? It was only three years ago he came out and accepted himself and only last year he went to a gay bar so why he has to know everything? Besides I thought he said to Wade to not perform as Unique because he knows how is Lima.

The person who said that didn't even watch the episode and kept proving they were being what they were accusing Kurt of. I don't have a problem saying this here cause I already told the same to the person's face.
And yes: Kurt and Mercedes were scared about the consequences for Wade/Unique. I really don't understand why people are trying to see something else there. If they want to get mad at Kurt, they should do so for sending the shoes, though he regretted it and tried to fix it.
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf on 4/19/2012, 12:19 am

Shinra17 wrote:ugh, my dash is full of this discussion right now arghh

What does that emoticon mean? Suspect You love the discussion. You love it! And it was not even a discussion. The person seemed to be just throwing a tantrum: "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right cause I say so."
avatar
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 612
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : South América
Real Name : Paulo

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum