The Cat Lovers Thread

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  valkeakuulas on 7/11/2013, 4:56 pm

I love all of your cats! I'd like a new kitten but I'm being realistic and settle for two in this apartment.

It's fasinating to look at cats faces. One of my favorite "conversations" with my eldest cat happens when she hears something out of place from the hallways. She turns or runs to me and her eyes are wide, and I'd call that expression more of a serious pondering of this new thing happening rather than the blown out eyes because of fear. She's at same time looking for confirmation and alerting me. I've been getting a lot of this since upstairs neighbour is renovating and hallway fills with new sounds and people.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Lea_michele_and_chris_colfer_icons_by_blancamccord-d5r4kle
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/11/2013, 4:56 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
fantastica wrote:it means he/she trusts you. if you wink at him/her, he/she will wink back.

Good to know! How very sweet!

Some people call them "cat kisses" which is really, really sweet. Almost sugary. fanny2 

Awwww!Razz

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 7/12/2013, 6:59 pm

not my kitty, but saw this on the web:

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 K-medium

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 7/14/2013, 2:14 pm

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Cheez-01-435

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 7/21/2013, 6:58 pm

cat high five!

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 K-medium

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/21/2013, 7:03 pm


MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 7/21/2013, 8:53 pm

^ is that brian?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/21/2013, 11:27 pm

I don't think so. Just one of his many look alikes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  kac on 7/22/2013, 3:16 pm

I am a pathetic cat lover, I watch a livestream kittencam to watch a litter of kittens from birth until their adoption day. On Saturday two of the kittens from the current litter weren't adopted at the adoption event and I was so upset.

Seriously. It upset my sleep that night. Luckily the next day they were adopted and I was so relieved. Something is wrong with me, eh? Or else I just love the little buggers so much.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Posts : 135
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Canada
Real Name : Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/22/2013, 8:35 pm

kac wrote:I am a pathetic cat lover, I watch a livestream kittencam to watch a litter of kittens from birth until their adoption day. On Saturday two of the kittens from the current litter weren't adopted at the adoption event and I was so upset.

Seriously. It upset my sleep that night. Luckily the next day they were adopted and I was so relieved. Something is wrong with me, eh? Or else I just love the little buggers so much.

No such thing. You are just fine! :D

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 7/22/2013, 10:21 pm

you are a loving caring person Kim! (same as myself Smile )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/22/2013, 11:06 pm

OMG, I didn't even realize you were both named Kim! Laughing 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 7/22/2013, 11:26 pm

We r twins separated at birth. Smile 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/23/2013, 5:55 pm

Of course you are. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  Delight on 8/11/2013, 6:05 am

I've been in a sombre mood recently. My brother's cat (featured below) was euthanized yesterday, after battling with an infection that reduced her to mere skin and bones over the past 2 months. It was a slow death. She started out having a red, inflammed paw. She unfortunately scratched her nose with her infected paw and then the nose started ulcerating and became infected as well. Incision and drainage of the infected area made no difference. Antibiotics made no difference. She lost her appetite and strength and quietly wasted away until she was beyond help.

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mrcz77cmQ71ra2zw3o1_500

I just wish to leave a tale of caution for the cat lovers here. The vet failed to make the diagnosis of Spirotrichosis in time to save her life. It's a fungal infection that can spread by being pricked by rose thorns, or scratched by other infected animals. It's entirely treatable, if the appropriate treatment had been initiated. She was being treated for a presumed bacterial infection, and that's why the antibiotics were useless.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  arina on 8/11/2013, 7:14 am

So sorry to hear about your loss...she was truly a very beautiful cat. :( 
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/11/2013, 1:00 pm

Delight wrote:I've been in a sombre mood recently. My brother's cat (featured below) was euthanized yesterday, after battling with an infection that reduced her to mere skin and bones over the past 2 months. It was a slow death. She started out having a red, inflammed paw. She unfortunately scratched her nose with her infected paw and then the nose started ulcerating and became infected as well. Incision and drainage of the infected area made no difference. Antibiotics made no difference. She lost her appetite and strength and quietly wasted away until she was beyond help.

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mrcz77cmQ71ra2zw3o1_500

I just wish to leave a tale of caution for the cat lovers here. The vet failed to make the diagnosis of Spirotrichosis in time to save her life. It's a fungal infection that can spread by being pricked by rose thorns, or scratched by other infected animals. It's entirely treatable, if the appropriate treatment had been initiated. She was being treated for a presumed bacterial infection, and that's why the antibiotics were useless.

That is so awful! What a little beauty she was! I'm so sorry!:( 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 8/11/2013, 1:13 pm

Delight, i am sorry for your family's loss. that baby looks so adorable I wish he can be my own. anyway he's in heaven now, at least no more suffering.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  Glorfindel on 8/11/2013, 4:43 pm

She sure looked like a lovely kitten, I'm sorry she died.




Now, to brighten up this thread:

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mrdq4d00qG1qe476yo2_500
The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mrdq4d00qG1qe476yo1_500

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  fantastica on 8/11/2013, 6:18 pm

^ my dear marie i am copying that to the Brian thread as well. all these kitty pictures make me swoooooon! oh my liver is exploding! Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/11/2013, 9:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:She sure looked like a lovely kitten, I'm sorry she died.




Now, to brighten up this thread:

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mrdq4d00qG1qe476yo2_500
The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_mrdq4d00qG1qe476yo1_500
That cat is gorgeous and the woman ain't so bad herself! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  Delight on 8/12/2013, 8:33 am

Thank you for your thoughts, everyone. Between me and my brother, I believe my brother would be the one grieving more. That cat had been his 'baby' for the past 3 years, and she was much loved. What I had found most upsetting about the death of my brother's cat was that it could've been preventable, if the correct diagnosis was made in time.

Seeing photos and videos of Brian actually depresses me a little ooppss  (Although Brian looks as adorable as ever and seeing Chris using baby-talk on him is priceless).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/12/2013, 12:46 pm

Delight wrote:Thank you for your thoughts, everyone. Between me and my brother, I believe my brother would be the one grieving more. That cat had been his 'baby' for the past 3 years, and she was much loved. What I had found most upsetting about the death of my brother's cat was that it could've been preventable, if the correct diagnosis was made in time.

Seeing photos and videos of Brian actually depresses me a little ooppss  (Although Brian looks as adorable as ever and seeing Chris using baby-talk on him is priceless).
It's truly horrible that the professionals could not make a correct diagnosis in time. I hate to hear stories like this. I'm sorry your brother lost his baby. Yes, pets do become family members over time.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/17/2013, 7:36 pm

I have to come here and announce my cat's brave actions before I go to bed.

We got this huuuuge mosquito (one of those insanely big ones) inside while going to bed and it just kept flying around the ceiling. No way was I going to bed with that one flying around. And I hate that sort of spindley bugs and I think it's a bad idea to get a steplatter a take a swing at it when that could end up me falling to the floor because this BUG decides to fly into my face!

My two cats are always interested in a possible extra meat so they waited and waited and whined and twiched. The younger one gave up but the older one kept watch. And thank goodness the mosquito dropped lower and my sweetheart got a lovely protein night dinner. I love my bug eating cats! They take care of almost everything.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  Glorfindel on 8/17/2013, 7:59 pm

^Bravo to your cat!
Catching a mosquito with just its paw must have been quite difficult.ohmy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

The Cat Lovers Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Cat Lovers Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum