Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 5 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  tanita_mors 3/27/2013, 10:40 am

My recommendation for those who speak spanish or can find subtitles for this show online. You can find all episodes on youtube (71), they are 70-75 minutes long.

El Internado : Laguna Negra aka. The Boarding School : Black Lake

A new school year is starting in Black Lake, a prestigious boarding school located in the middle of a huge forest somewhere in Spain. Kids form some of the most important and rich families in Spain are it's students. Students, professors and all other employees can't wait for the start of the new year, in which the school gets 2 new students: Marcos and Paula, who must start a new life there after the mysterious boat accident and disappearance of their parents (who are believed to be dead). Also, there is a the arrival of a new cleaning lady – Maria, a girl with a dark past, who escaped from a psychiatric clinic and who isn't there by chance. On the other side, some of the students are going to be involved in a mystery of a missing professor and of a dark secret that this boarding school that was long ago an orphanage is hiding for more the 50 years. |They won't realizes the dangers they are facing because the people who are trying to keep all of this a secret aren't afraid to kill *anyone* - young or old, family or friend, especially when great fortune in art and an even darker and more sinister bushiness is at risk (think *Boys from Brasil*).

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 5 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  brisallie 3/29/2013, 10:23 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Tanita. I've started to see season one and I'm so intrigued with everything that's happening in the boarding school. I really want to know who's the person or organization behind this.

As regards as the characters, I'm fond into Maria, Marcos, Hector -he's such a lovely man and Paula, she's such a sweetie.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/30/2013, 5:34 pm

It great, isn't it. I was very reluctant to start watching it, because the only thing that i connect with tv shows in spanish are telenovelas, and i stopped watching those ages ago.

but this show is really fun, engaging, makes you think and try to predict who the bad guys or girls are and why are they doing all those things and what is the deal with those dead orphans, the tunels and those weird videos made in the 70's.

as for favorite characters, my trend of liking villains or jackass's on shows continues (glee being one of my rare exceptions) - Ivan is my favorite (the kid is super talented and emotes like crazy) and a chick that will come to the show in season 2 or 3 (Hulia). I also love Hector and Elsa (she was in Un Paso Adelante and I loved her there so that was given) and of course the BADASS that is Fermin. Also, I know that people are suppose to want Marcos and Carolina to be together, but I'm all about Marcos/Amelia. Also, I simply can't get over that Maria and Ivan's mother. She looks so young and those two actors have such a great chemistry that if we basically didn't know that she was his mother, i would be shipping them so hard. i weird that way.

when you mentioned liking little paula, i have to say that this show has the most realistic presentation of how two 5 year olds think i have ever seen. i love it when they start saying things that only adults would say and then you realize that they heard their parents or other adults say those words or expressions but have no idea what they mean. also, i chuckle every single time they mention "the secretary with the silicon breasts". it's a hilarious joke that keeps being mentioned season after season.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 3/30/2013, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/30/2013, 5:39 pm

Ivana you watch so many shows and I trust your taste/judgment so I always value your recommendation. Better than those paid reviews on entertainment sites.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/30/2013, 5:46 pm

you know as they say "De gustibus non est disputandum"

i can only give you my honest opinion about a show but in the end you decide if you like it or not and i never presume that people will agree with my opinion or taste. i don't have a super refined taste. i love both high quality dramas, but also low quality sf. a good show is a good show.

for example, they canceled this one new show "do no harm" after 2 episodes for poor ratings this fall. i really liked the premise and would have wanted to see more of it. that could mean that i have no taste, or all those others who hated it have non. it's really neither here or there in reality.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/30/2013, 6:29 pm

tanita_mors wrote:It great, isn't it. I was very reluctant to start watching it, because the only thing that i connect with tv shows in spanish are telenovelas, and i stopped watching those ages ago.

but this show is really fun, engaging, makes you think and try to predict who the bad guys or girls are and why are they doing all those things and what is the deal with those dead orphans, the tunels and those weird videos made in the 70's.

as for favorite characters, my trend of liking villains or jackass's on shows continues (glee being one of my rare exceptions) - Ivan is my favorite (the kid is super talented and emotes like crazy) and a chick that will come to the show in season 2 or 3 (Hulia). I also love Hector and Elsa (she was in Un Paso Adelante and I loved her there so that was given) and of course the BADASS that is Fermin. Also, I know that people are suppose to want Marcos and Carolina to be together, but I'm all about Marcos/Amelia. Also, I simply can't get over that Maria and Ivan's mother. She looks so young and those two actors have such a great chemistry that if we basically didn't know that she was his mother, i would be shipping them so hard. i weird that way.

when you mentioned liking little paula, i have to say that this show has the most realistic presentation of how two 5 year olds think i have ever seen. i love it when they start saying things that only adults would say and then you realize that they heard their parents or other adults say those words or expressions but have no idea what they mean. also, i chuckle every single time they mention "the secretary with the silicon breasts". it's a hilarious joke that keeps being mentioned season after season.

I'm agree with everything you have said. Personally, and though spanish is my language, hardly ever I watch series from Spain. Usually I'm more connected to telenovelas, but I'm addicted to this series.
I've just started season two and I'm already starting to wonder who're the evil and good ones. Also I like how the characters have different layers, as in the case of Ivan and Elsa, who could have been the typical villains, but through the episodes I've discovered they're just human being with their own insecurities. In the case of Ivan, I simply wan't the best for him an I want to see his dad in jail, cause' he's such an asshole. And you're right, Maria and he could pass as a couple, because she looks so young, so it makes me feel guilty if I see them with different eyes. Actually it would have been more believable if they would have said they were brother and sister, instead of the mother-son plot. And as regards as Fermin, he's someone who I have no clue who really is. And btw is Jacinta coming back? She's also someone that I think is hidding information.

Evelyn and Paula are adorable wub . And I just love they're portrayed as kids, because sometimes kids on TV tend to be more like adults, so I'm loving these girls act their age and in addition they bring some fresh among all the mistery there's in the environment.

P.S There's an scene in which Marcos and Ivan are inside of the pit ,and they started to discuss angrily about Carolina.But if you turn off the sound or don't have subs, it seems like they were having a sexual tension and were gonna kiss.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/30/2013, 7:13 pm

Jacinta is back. No worry on that account.She is rather integral to the overall plot as are all the kids and adults. They are all conected to the school and it's dark past/present. Ivan's dad is real piece of work as you will see, and so are some of the other characters parents. IDK if you watch Once Upon A Time, but those two shows have this common theme of mommy and daddy issues for most of the characters.

i really love the girls, but it was ridicules that in the first season, in all 6 episodes, one or both of them found a reason to run to the woods. thank god that trend stops in later seasons.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/31/2013, 12:32 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Jacinta is back. No worry on that account.She is rather integral to the overall plot as are all the kids and adults. They are all conected to the school and it's dark past/present. Ivan's dad is real piece of work as you will see, and so are some of the other characters parents. IDK if you watch Once Upon A Time, but those two shows have this common theme of mommy and daddy issues for most of the characters.

i really love the girls, but it was ridicules that in the first season, in all 6 episodes, one or both of them found a reason to run to the woods. thank god that trend stops in later seasons.

I've finished season 2, I would have love to see more episodes but I was unable to do it, and there're different storylines such Jacinta and his grandson, Maria and his motherhood, adults and their conflicted romances. But at some point everyone is connected with the boarding school's mistery as it happened in the latest episodes. And I cried like a little girl ( or "cría" as spaniards say) when "Gnome" died, because I'm sure he was a good person who felt like an outcast, and have you ever seen El Orfanato? Because he reminds me a character from that movie, also it was someone rejected because of his appearance. But going back to the series, I felt so sad.
And it seems Paula is gonna be a more important character that I thought she was gonna be. And about Julia, she's a likeable badass, but by the moment I feel she's so disconnected from the main plot, if wasn't becouse she and Vicky were kinda friends for a couple of episodes, I don't understand so much why she's there and is the same with Mateo.

P.S As you're someone who watch lots of series. Usually european series have few episodes per season?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/31/2013, 1:05 pm

yes, usually they have less episodes. but they are 70-80 minutes long so that is mostly the reason why. here in serbia, each episode is cut in two so the number is 140 instead of 70. the same is with turkish shows that are all the rage here. and you can see that british shows can have at the most seasons with 13 episodes like Merlin, 8 - 10 like Downton Abbey or even less like 3 or 6 (Sherlock, Hustle, Whitechapel,...)

i have El Orfanato, but i haven't had a chance to see it yet. actually this show somewhat reminds me of two other great spanish horror/mystery movies i saw when i was younger, El espinazo del diablo (2001) (The Devil's Backbone) and Los Sin Nombre (1999) (The Nameless). Although, the show isn't quite so graphic and horror oriented.

the only element of the show that i'm not crazy about is that it will go a little into supernatural therithory. i don't want to tell you more because it would be a spoiler. but lets just say that this element will bring julia into the already existing gang and she will become a part of it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/2/2013, 9:55 pm

the only element of the show that i'm not crazy about is that it will go a little into supernatural therithory. i don't want to tell you more because it would be a spoiler. but lets just say that this element will bring julia into the already existing gang and she will become a part of it.

I'm midway through season four, so I already know what you meant. And if weren't because of Julia, they wouldn't have known who killed Cayetano. And though you're telling me they're going to introduce more supernatural things, still I like how they don't throw everything in your face, and slowly you know what's going on with the plot. So probably that why I like they use flashback to explain more clearly what's happening with some characters, such as the past of Hector, Jacinta, Fermin and practically everyone in this series has something to hide.

P.S Though is not the best series I've ever seen, watching series like this one, it makes me wonder why I keep watching Glee. Sorry I needed to vent that.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/2/2013, 10:15 pm

Has anyone here ever watched The Vampire Diaries? I recently finished season 1 and really liked it. My favorite character is Damon Salvatore.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/3/2013, 1:44 am

Dead Like Me. Did anyone watch it when it was on? If so was it any good?
Is it worth to buy the seasons DVDs?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/3/2013, 6:37 am

I started watching VD when it premiered but grew bored after 5-6 episodes. But i was recently told that the show really gets much better and i see that it's hugly poplular and lamented to be really well written, so i will give it another go soon. i do have all the seasons of it on dvd's, exept the one that is on now.

dead like me is a dark humor comedy about grim reapers. i have it, but i'm not sure how good it is given that i haven't watched it, but if i remember well, it has 2-3 seasons and a movie so it's not to big to download. also, i think it has mandy patinkin in it which is always a plus in my book. the man isn't the epithomy of professionalism, but he is a great actor.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/6/2013, 4:18 am

tanita_mors wrote:I started watching VD when it premiered but grew bored after 5-6 episodes. But i was recently told that the show really gets much better and i see that it's hugly poplular and lamented to be really well written, so i will give it another go soon. i do have all the seasons of it on dvd's, exept the one that is on now.

Some episodes were alright while others were great and made want to watch more. I didn't really get into it until the 4th episode. The ending for season 1 was really good. Someone on Glee Forum told that season 2 was better and they were right. I've only watched one episode so far but I can tell it will be great.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/9/2013, 8:20 am

@Tanita, I've finished "El Internado" or Boarding School Black Lagoon and once again I have to say thanks to introduce this series. I loved it, though I'm still upset with the finale, because one of the characters shouldn't have died. Why they had to follow the typical plot in which the hero dies? So disagree with it, they could have been difference. But anyways, the series itself was good and as I've mentioned before, I like they didn't throw up the information all at once, and step by step the pieces were connecting and also the characters. Actually in last season all characters interacted, something that wasn't seen in the previous ones. As regards the characters, Ivan is the one who had more development, he went from being a jerk to one of the most human being in the series, actually I'd say the badass characters were the ones who got more my fondness.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/9/2013, 11:17 am

i just started season 5. you girl are fast. (but then again, i watch at least 10-15 shows weekly so time is the key)
i'm glad you liked it. i wouldn't have recommended it otherwise.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/9/2013, 6:04 pm

tanita_mors wrote:i just started season 5. you girl are fast. (but then again, i watch at least 10-15 shows weekly so time is the key)
i'm glad you liked it. i wouldn't have recommended it otherwise.

What? I had assumed you had watched the whole series before you recommend it. I'm sorry if I spoiled something, and you were right, this one was the only series I was watching regularly. And I forgot you watch more than once at the same time. silly me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/10/2013, 4:57 am

sadly, i haven't finished it yet. but honestly, a show like this, i don't need to watch the whole thing to recommend it. and i did read some spoilers on wiki (couldn't stop myself Razz ). and looking at the show and the body count at the end, it seams right. you simply can't have happily ever after on a show of this type for everyone. i like the fact that they weren't afraid to kill of some big character in the last episode and along the way. with all it's flaws, the show is really well thought throw and you can see they plotted it for more then just one season at a time. a lot of planing was involved and i applaud that. and ultimately, while they gave a lot of character development and backstory, from the start this was a plot driven show and it unrevealed and ended as such.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2013, 12:18 pm

One of the things that I like was the "this what you missed on..."lasted five minutes or more. So it was a good way to be updated with the series. And sth else that I like that it seems to me they had clear the whole plot since the beginning, though in between im sure they had to change some details, because some actors had personal issues and left the show. And I know they were gonna be some significant deaths, but is still sad. Im someone who believe son of bitches have to die instead.

And I also read wiki lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 4/22/2013, 12:26 am

Since I looked on youtube for video of The Voice Australia - I found a lovely voice from a very young man that was bullied in school and is adorable (remind you of anyone?).

Meet Harrison Craig: