Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 7 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/26/2013, 4:23 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
Are you going to watch the two hour series finale on May 26th (The Nominations/The Tony's)?
absolutely. i have watched every episode so far so i got to see it throw the bitter end. i'm also hoping, ivy and "bombshell" crush that crap "hit list" and karen at the tony's.

hell, i'm probably going to watch the whole run of "do no harm" - that canceled nbc pilot from this year when it gets aired on saturdays or sundays during summer. i liked it. to bad noone else did.

man, i just now saw that the final is NOT this weekend. WTF ???!!! can't believe i have to wait another week for that. dryy

Smash finale is on tonight!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 7 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  tanita_mors 5/26/2013, 8:28 pm

and in the morning for me. Smile
can't wait. i hope it isn't a huge train wreak.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/27/2013, 12:26 am

I like it so far!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/28/2013, 2:54 am

I think the finale could have been alot of worse but also better imo. I haven't watched it with subtitles yeat so didn't understand everything but it's just seemed too rushed at some places, I guess it was because they did'nt know almost till the end if it's the real finale or just finale of this season but some of those endings semeed completely useless like Julia going back to her lover we didn't hear the whole season about.
I was definitely glad to see Ivy' winning the best actress and for other Bombshell awards but the way everyone has been praising Kyle lately I am not sure about that. He was definitely likeable character and I was sad to see him die but wasn't he initially portrayed as not so good?

I did't like pregnancy storyline (what would they do with Ivy next year if the show got renewed?) but becaues they decided to that I cannot believe they did't show us Dereck's first reaction and the whole conversation between them? I personally wanted to see it...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/28/2013, 4:32 am

I did't like pregnancy storyline (what would they do with Ivy next year if the show got renewed?) but becaues they decided to that I cannot believe they did't show us Dereck's first reaction and the whole conversation between them? I personally wanted to see it...
MIND TWINS. This is my biggest problem as well. They build it up so much in the final itself and they don't actually give you closer. but at least, we should be happy that Derek actually realized and admired that he loves Ivy.

The whole thing did feel rushed, like they couldn't wait to just end it all. They just throw everything on the screen. The Jimmy plot line came out of left field and honestly I could care less about him and his shady past. Parts of it were good, but overall it was a mediocre final. And i didn't enjoy all the breaking of the 4th wall jokes, they fell flat most of the time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 4:33 am

Blind me totally missed this entire subforum…

I can totally recommended ‘Orphan Black’. Amazing show and really addictive! I have been promoting this show like hell since I discovered it a few weeks ago Smile.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/28/2013, 1:48 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
MIND TWINS. This is my biggest problem as well. They build it up so much in the final itself and they don't actually give you closer. but at least, we should be happy that Derek actually realized and admired that he loves Ivy.

The whole thing did feel rushed, like they couldn't wait to just end it all. They just throw everything on the screen. The Jimmy plot line came out of left field and honestly I could care less about him and his shady past. Parts of it were good, but overall it was a mediocre final. And i didn't enjoy all the breaking of the 4th wall jokes, they fell flat most of the time.
I agree completely. But I must say when I realize the show is over no matter how flawed it was it makes me kinda sad. I will miss Bombshell, Ivy, Tom, Derek, well all these people

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 7 Tumblr_mnifreyCx41rtfo6mo1_500
Whenever one of the show I watch ends it is such a weird feeling.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/28/2013, 4:08 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Blind me totally missed this entire subforum…

I can totally recommended ‘Orphan Black’. Amazing show and really addictive! I have been promoting this show like hell since I discovered it a few weeks ago Smile.
so, i'm guessing it's good. i have noticed the show on my download sites and the premise seams interesting - sort of "6th day" meets "total recall". i'll download a few episodes to check it out, especially now when there isn't a lot on tv in usa.

man, say what you will, but Schwarzenegger used to make such good action/sf movies.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 5:08 pm

Orphan Black is a sleeper hit. More and more take notice and are amazed. The main actress is outstanding and deserves all the awards. I totally recommend it and would love to talk with somebody about it. Not a single soul I know, personally and on the internet, watches OP. It it such a shame!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/31/2013, 8:28 pm

arina wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

I agree completely. But I must say when I realize the show is over no matter how flawed it was it makes me kinda sad. I will miss Bombshell, Ivy, Tom, Derek, well all these people

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 7 Tumblr_mnifreyCx41rtfo6mo1_500
Whenever one of the show I watch ends it is such a weird feeling.

Super, SUPER late to the party: but I just want to say that I enjoyed it...moreso the music than anything else. I adored the "Under Pressure" number, the "Broadway, Here I Come" performance at the Tony's, and the final musical song of the series "Big Finish". Also, it was fitting that Ivy won Best Actress as she is obviously very talented, despite her issues. Bombshell winning Best Musical was a shoe-in, and I was touched by Kyle winning for his work for "Hit List". Overall, a good finale for me.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 6/2/2013, 12:20 am

Is anyone here familar with the band, The Wanted? They're premiering a new reality show on E! and I can't wait. Smile

From this promo, it looks really good.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/3/2013, 9:20 am

Promotion for Orphan Black again (I should receive some money, even though no one is listening Smile): Glee, this is how to write a freaking finale! My mouth was hanging open 50% of episode. I even screamed at one point! I cannot wait for 2. This show is just mindblowingly good!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/3/2013, 12:48 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Promotion for Orphan Black again (I should receive some money, even though no one is listening Smile): Glee, this is how to write a freaking finale! My mouth was hanging open 50% of episode. I even screamed at one point! I cannot wait for 2. This show is just mindblowingly good!

I'll watch it...someday... Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/3/2013, 9:17 pm

Does anybody here have ever watched Supernatural? I started to watch it today and I like it. I love how the deal with ghosts, demons or any creauture who isn't a human being or animal, but they still act like if were the most common thing in life, well is common for them because is their daily life. Also I like the good chemistry the actors have, they're like brothers. But Dean is my fav one, he's the badass for me. While Sam is still questioning if the hunter's life is for him or not.

@Tanita, what's orphan black about?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 3:41 am

The promo for Orphan Black. Mind you, it still is nothing compared to the actual show. Also quite a few outlets start campaining for a Emmy nomination for the main actress. She would be entirely robbed by not being nominated. Her acting is flawless and captivating and so, so good! I hope Chris has such a role in the future one day.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/4/2013, 8:08 am

she isn't got a shot in hell i'm afraid. no matter how good, it's a genre show (fantasy/sf/horror) and those rarely get nominations for anything, let alone acting noms. the last few shows that got in were - game of thrones, american horror story and the walking dead. but the only wins for them that weren't technical were supporting acting ( jessica lange (ahs) and peter dinklage (got) ). the voters aren't big on genre shows and like to vote for their favorites over and over again.

but she may get attention from saturn awards and scream awards (that think that is how they are called - they specialize in genre shows).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 8:14 am

Agreed she won't have a shot, but still she is robbed. That actress is playing numerous characters sometimes at the same time, and you can distinguish between all of them. You never get the impression that she is acting and the same actress. Heck, I sometimes forget it is the same actress.

She got nominated for a Critic Choice Award, so there is a tiny chance.

Have you watched an episode yet? I am so desperate to talk to someone Smile .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/4/2013, 8:34 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Agreed she won't have a shot, but still she is robbed. That actress is playing numerous characters sometimes at the same time, and you can distinguish between all of them. You never get the impression that she is acting and the same actress. Heck, I sometimes forget it is the same actress.

She got nominated for a Critic Choice Award, so there is a tiny chance.

Have you watched an episode yet? I am so desperate to talk to someone Smile .
not yet. i haven't even seen this weeks game of thrones yet. :(

i've been binging on arrested development this weekend and i'm ready from the 4th season (53 - 20 minute episodes in 3 days). i just downloaded the whole 15 episodes yesterday. i only got to watch warehouse 13 new episode this morning because my favorite hg wells was in it. after watching teen wolf 3x01 and game of thrones 3x09 and the whole arrested dev s04, i may test orphan black. i have the whole season on my memory stick, but i'll probably burn it with grimm s02 in a few days on a dvd, that is if the subtitles for the last 5 episode come out till then. i can watch without subs but i usually burn tv shows/movies with them, in case i'm borrowing stuff to friends who don't speak/understand engilsh very well.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 8:40 am

I have to continue with Game of Thrones. I am still somewhere in S1. Tumblr spoiled quite a few scenes already. That really disappoints me. I’d love to see without any knowledge at all.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 6/4/2013, 10:44 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Promotion for Orphan Black again (I should receive some money, even though no one is listening Smile)
I actually listended and watched a few episodes after you started 'promoting' the show here some weeks ago. Razz
Didn't have the time to catch up with the rest of the season yet, but thanks for the recommendation.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 10:52 am

Yeah, I felt like I was annoying some unwilling listeners Smile

Hope you liked what you saw so far.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 10:58 am

tanita_mors wrote:she isn't got a shot in hell i'm afraid. no matter how good, it's a genre show (fantasy/sf/horror) and those rarely get nominations for anything, let alone acting noms. the last few shows that got in were - game of thrones, american horror story and the walking dead. but the only wins for them that weren't technical were supporting acting ( jessica lange (ahs) and peter dinklage (got) ). the voters aren't big on genre shows and like to vote for their favorites over and over again.

but she may get attention from saturn awards and scream awards (that think that is how they are called - they specialize in genre shows).

I hate that. I mean, I may not be a sci fi or fantasy fan (and horror scares the crap out of me now) but brilliant work is brilliant work, period. It is strange how these genres are shut out of all major award ceremonies like this. Even now, I can only think of three horror films that have been taken seriously at the Oscars from the top of my head.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/4/2013, 11:00 am

brisallie wrote:Does anybody here have ever watched Supernatural? I started to watch it today and I like it. I love how the deal with ghosts, demons or any creauture who isn't a human being or animal, but they still act like if were the most common thing in life, well is common for them because is their daily life. Also I like the good chemistry the actors have, they're like brothers. But Dean is my fav one, he's the badass for me. While Sam is still questioning if the hunter's life is for him or not.

I like Dean too (he's so emotionally constipated that it's funny- e.g "no chic flick moments"), but I'm more of a fan of Castiel, the Constantine-like angel with the gravelly voice. Also, Misha Collins looks good, and yes, I'm definitely being shallow here. blushh

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 7 Tumblr_mnvg7kTZtE1ra2zw3o1_500

As for myself, I've been busy with a Heroes marathon recently. Yes, it's a terrible show that went down a steep hill after the first season (kind of like Glee, but it's never reached the depths that Glee has achieved); but I went through it in an attempt to feed my Zachary Qunto obsession at the moment.

Last edited by Delight on 6/4/2013, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : too many typos)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/4/2013, 11:16 am

Delight wrote:

As for myself, I've been busy with a Heroes marathon recently. Yes, it's a terrible show that went down a steep hill after the first season (kind of like Glee, but it's never reached the depths that Glee has achieved); but I went through it in an attempt to feed my Zachary Qunto obsession at the moment.
I have season 4 of that show to watch, but honestly, given how intricate it was, i guess i'll have to rewatch the previous seasons to be able to keep up. i only remember the plot of season 1 vividly (and that idiotic saying "save the cheerleader, save the world"). after that, it's all kind of a mess. sort of like the x files and alias by the end. those were great show that got eaten alive by their inner mythologies. just like heroes. i think that the only show that actively avoided that was battlestar galactica. i ended just when it was time and i know that the final episode was polarizing within the fandom,but i personally loved it and it went well with the overall message of the show "all of this has happened before and will happen again".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/4/2013, 12:33 pm

^

I actually skipped the majority of Season 4 (because the reviews of the season was just that bad), and decided to watch the last two episodes just to find out how the entire series ended.

A big problem with Heroes, I find, is that you have all these characters with awesome superpowers but they hardly get a chance to show them off in spectacular or cool ways. The climax of the show keeps being anti-climatic (You'll know what I'm talking about when you watch the Season 4 finale). Most of the time the characters keep turning on each other, trying to kill each other, and getting brought back to life. And for some reason, the world keeps getting atomised and needed 'saving' time and again. It gets repetitive after a while.

Oh well, I'm just watching it for ZQ anyway. Him, and Masi Oka as the most adorable master of space-time continuum ever.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next