Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies reviews by yourself

+19
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
Emile
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
paulopf
Shinra17
23 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 17 Empty Re: Movies reviews by yourself

Post  Buenos 4/30/2015, 8:21 pm

I too am through for the most part with 3D. It was great at first (and novel) with AVATAR but it just doesn't hold up anymore, especially with how the screen looks so muted at times.

The only recent film it was OK with was GRAVITY, but the relative simplicity and deep space setting of the film worked for it, but I think it's more an exception when 3D actually enhances a movie these days.

Plus it seems more just another reason to jack up the price of theatre, I'd rather pay extra, if I have to, for plusher seats or full Dobly sound systems, which can improve your outing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/30/2015, 10:41 pm

i only liked a few 3D movies. An animated feature called "Coraline" from a few years ago was excellent in 3D. It was a very enchanting movie and 3D really enhanced its charm. Another one i love is Avatar because of the breath taking fantasy environment. None of the other 3Ds I liked. some gave me headaches. i hope they don't turn everything into 3D. aside from xtra movie ticket prices it doesn't do much good for the movie experience for most of the movies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/1/2015, 2:01 pm

I know it's a copout but I really do need to see the Avengers a second time. I made the mistake of going to a late evening preview session and was falling asleep half hour into the film LOL.

Having said that, I thought the SL/plot was way too convoluted by half, and was not impressed by the new characters of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. However the Vision was just how I "envisioned" him from the comics (pun intended) and it's amazing how much James Spader added to Ultron with his slimy voice with its shaded nuances.

The action, of course, was spectacular, and what surprised me the most was the good chemistry between Scarlet Johansson and Mark Ruffalo as the Black Widow and Dr. Bruce Banner (the Hulk) in the most tender moments.

Like I said, was planning to see it a 2nd time anyways, so need to clear thec cobwebs and see if the plot still doesn't make all that much sense.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/1/2015, 5:05 pm

it's rather clear that a lot of the movie was condensed - the original run time was like 3 and a half hours. the whole ultron birth was far to fast and out of left field for me (even with tony's vision early in the movie). i feel that a lot on the infinity gems was cut and i had to look up what the hell is ragnarok about to understand thor's vision.

out of the twins i liked scarlet witch a lot, while quicksilver was a non entity to be honest. it's obvious that x men days of future past beat them to the punch in both style, presentation and acting.

i much preferred black widow's backstory (the red room and graduation, especially since the history of it was touched on agent carter which i loved) then her romance with banner. i'm not opposed to it, it was sort of boring to be honest, more boring then hawkeyes story (this movie made him an actual character - i was shocked)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2015, 10:41 pm

just came back from the movie theater watching Jurasic World. It's extremely entertaining because they give you so much jaw-biting moments, and when the raptors are running besides humans in the woods, it's super exciting. the way they render these big birds are unbelievably realistic, especially when it comes to the mechanisms of running. they must be digitizing a lot of ostriches to get that effect. very cool!

story wise it's fine. it's summer blockbuster type movie and you know how things will go - the nameless people gets eaten, and the main characters will get a huge adventure out of this and come back unharmed. the bad guys will also... ok, i won't spoil anything more, but it's very cheesy and predictable, and full of plot holes, just like the previous movies in the franchise. but don't tell me you are going to see the movies for artistic achievements (unless you count the special effects - they are museum quality!). You all want the thrill of seeing dinos chasing and eating people and causing huge ciaos right? well, you will definitely get that. lots of that. fun fun fun!

dinos rule!

Spoiler:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/16/2015, 10:47 pm

It was great in the action sequences, though I'm tired of the uptight female professional who needs to melt and be more human/warm stereotype that Bryce Dallas Howard embodied.

Another thing sort of annoyed me.

Spoiler:

While the effects were unsuprisingly impressive, I did feel that the action sequnces were more effective in the recent Mad Max movie with Charlize Thezron and Tom Hardy.  Now THAT was action.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2015, 11:19 pm

i did not watch mad max. motorcycle gangster and explosions are the two thing i have no appetite for, so i won't watch it. didn't see the original either. i cannot compare the 2 in terms of special effects or action sequences.

about the raptors
Spoiler:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/17/2015, 4:20 am

I have very mixed feelings about Jurassic World. I so want to like it, but it left me very frustrated in the end.

There were a lot of characters, quickly counted nine , and some of them were very cardboard ones as well. Especially my annoyance was targeted at both leads, Bryce Howard and Chris Pratt's characters relationship. Her characterisation was all over the place but also the relationship between the brothers was very shakily built.

Yes the dinosaurs were wonderfully made, but for instance the end battle just made me sick, too much, too much.

It looks like I hated the movie based on what I said, maybe I do, I certainly didn't think it was a masterpiece either. I'm also comparing it strongly to Mad Max which was a incredible action adventure, so a tough competition to start against.

I'm sure Jurassic World will get excellent box office numbers, but I wonder how do the old, hardcore Jurassic Park fans feel about it.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/17/2015, 1:54 pm

the story was kind of weak, but given that it's a summer blockbuster, no wonder. chris pratt is a fucking star. man has so much charisma it's unreal.
i kind of didn't mind the female lead, she defrosted by the end of the movie and given that she played a power executive in a dinosaur park was hilarious. and to me, they had decent chemistry, especially given how stiff she was.

the big dino was called indominus rex.

Spoiler:

it was fun movie for sure. nothing ground breaking but it was money well spent imo. i loved all the little call backs to the original movie. my boys the raptors were of course the stars. as they usually are.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/17/2015, 2:01 pm

I did think the self deprecating "amusement park" mentality of diminishing returns and having to up the fun was interesting, and there was more than a bit of satire inserted in at times.

Jake Johnson as always has such good comic timing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/17/2015, 5:07 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
the big dino was called indominus rex.

thanks.
Spoiler:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/17/2015, 7:52 pm

Buenos wrote:I did think the self deprecating "amusement park" mentality of diminishing returns and having to up the fun was interesting, and there was more than a bit of satire inserted in at times.

Jake Johnson as always has such good comic timing.
absolutely. the whole "advertisers are gods" mentality. you could see samsung, coca cola and a few other being front and center not to mention that little dig about sponsors naming the new dios after themselves - pepsi-saurus and alike. i loved that. here you have something that is extraordinary, history long gone brought back to life and profit is all people worry about. the funny thing is, i could actually see it happening in rl. and the fact that for all the years she has worked there she probably never touched a dino before that poor one who got killed.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/17/2015, 8:07 pm

we can genetically engineer a dino (sort of) from chickens. if only we can make them grow teeth (the gene is turned off in chicken but still there), grow a tail (also turned off), then we will have a chickensaurus. once we succeed in that, we can genetically engineer all kinds of modern "dinos" from existing birds by manipulate their genes such as turning on old, suppressed genes, etc. Jurasic park/world is actually very realistic. it's only a matter of time. we already have zoos.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17