Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

+33
mellama
Heyerchick
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
Catt24
Ireth
CCfan93
Buenos
kac
red texta
sahhar
E-ko
arina
Jellyrolls
Porcelainbyfire
M&M
ColferGirl
Vir Cotto
paulopf
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
brisallie
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ces
ColferInspired
Emile
Shinra17
Delight
fantastica
Dame Loli
dap1217
37 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 11:32 pm

it's true: matt and jane and the top 3 are all "protected" by their contracts. that means they can't do a straight "college yeras" because then they would have to find both Matt and Jane and Jayma too employemnt in the same college, which is just too unbelieavable, even for Glee. so there has to be ether a split narative or some "recurring" situation. the split narative I believe was the original "revolutionary" idea, but it's probably getting ditched because that means hte overall budget will grow bigger (more sets/locations and more characters) - it's like shooting for 2 seperate shows but getting only one advertising income. this just doesn't make business sense and narative wise it's a mess. the best bet is to incorporate the seniors back to the HS glee in some contrived ways, like via their partners who are still juniors, etc. or class reunion, Mr. Schue's wedding, holiday visits, or even occasional teaching or performing for the glee club (like their guest stars frequently do). this will still keep the focus on HS glee club, w/o the extra expense of their NY (or Yale or California) plots including potential characters that would have to be interaction w/ the graduates in their new surroundings - it makes both business and narative sense. the only thing is the new main actors are either mediocre or unproven, and the lack of focus on fan-favroites(the graduates) will turn away a lot of old fans like me.

remmeber in S2 the actress who plays Will's wife was also a "regular". but she hardly had any screentime. Mike Omaley was a regular too. He popped in and out as frequent as he did in S1 and in S3.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  Delight 4/28/2012, 11:48 pm

Divalicious wrote:Best case scenario, Kurt continues to be a pivotal character next year. We get to see him on a regular basis, and hear his lovely voice on occasion.

Worst case scenario, Kurt is a recurring character, and Chris makes more movies, writes books, or gets to do a play. Things he may have had to turn down because of being full time on Glee.

Either thing is good for Chris. For writers Kurt continues to be an interesting character, because things aren't handed to him, he has to fight for everything he gets. While shiny toys can be entertaining for the short term, it is the things that are complex that you keep going back to, because it is the complexity that is interesting. Not to diss on Blaine, but things are handed to him, he gets to sing, he is considered talented and desirable. Where do you go from there? They invented some insecurities about his brother, and may delve into parental issues, but otherwise his life is pretty easy. Easy is boring. Back to Kurt-who also has the best relationship with Rachel, and brings complexity to her story without the writers having to deal with heterosexual complications that all shippers seem to create when people of the opposite sex hang out.

Again, Kurt is connected to Rachel, outside of Finn, more than anyone else. They are not going to sideline Rachel, nor lose two great actors interacting. Plus Kurt is brother to Finn. Kurt has interesting relationships outside of Blaine. Blaine only has Kurt, he might be getting a friendship with Mike, and is considered a "bro", but he doesn't have a best bud like Hummelberry. Kurt will be used to make Blaine interesting, without Kurt Blaine is just a cute guy who sings a lot. If they break them up, then Kurt has the possibilities of dating others, and Finn/Rachel getting all big-brother/sisterly. Then the writers have to find someone more interesting than Kurt, and a better actor than Chris to be opposite Blaine. Plus, they lose their positive message of real love and the possibility of happiness in a gay relationship. Because I really feel Brittana won't make it, if only because Heather can't carry it off, acting wise. Her character just isn't complex enough to deal with Santana once the honeymoon period is over, IMO.

^ Great post! neutre

I like your equanimity in accepting whatever role Chris gets next season as Kurt. Whether Kurt would be a regular or recurring character on the show has its own set of pros.

More than the other actors on the show, I have to say that we Chris fans lucked out in the sense that Chris has a bright future ahead of him as an actor outside of Glee. Can't really say the same for the other kids.

The only scenario which is cringe-worthy that I really don't want to see play out next season is Kurt popping up in McKinley now and then mainly to serve as a prop for his bland boyfriend. I'm all for Klaine to split up and for them to find someone else to serve as Blaine's prop (because Blaine as a character on his own would fail, if the Blaine-centric episodes this season are anything to go by).

I've mentioned this before. No one wants to root for Blaine because there is literally nothing to root for. What hasn't Blaine wanted and not gotten on this show? When has he needed to struggle for anything? Even the bullies in McKinley give him a wide berth for some unknown reason. Everything had been smooth sailing for him.

Jellyrolls wrote:
On top of that, they have more possibilities for stories in the college stuff. How many times can they just follow the Glee club to regionals, and have the same recycled storylines? The college stuff would give them new possibilities to explore.

Yes, I agree the 'let's prepare for sectionals/regionals/nationals' storylines get repetitive and predictable after a while. Especially this season, where we don't even need to watch the episodes to know that New Directions would definitely make it to Nationals. They don't even bother to make the songs and performances remotely interesting anymore.

The college stuff would bring in a different story all together. It's no longer about a group of kids who loves to sing and dance getting slushied on a daily basis and hated by the school population. It'd be Rachel and Kurt adapting to an environment where everyone else is just like them, if not more talented, and still finding the determination to achieve their dreams in that environment.

Jellyrolls wrote:
You know what I'd like to see happen? I'd like to see them film two or three episodes with Blaine, Artie, and Tina and a couple of Glee Project kids in the forefront, and brief appearances by Kurt, Rachel, Finn, and Santana. Then, I want to see the ratings tank, and Fox tell them to focus on their real stars, and save the show.

I feel that TPTB behind Glee desperately needs a very rude wake up call.

I just hope that they realize their mistake before the show reaches the point of no return, that even bringing the focus back on the big four later on would not be able to save the show.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 12:02 am

I agree the college story will defintiely be more interesting, but they won't ditch Matt, Jane, Jayma etc. either. and they defintiely won't ditch blarren. and the original goal is to replace the kids every year or two and just keep the same format - predictable? yes, but so is American Idol, and people still watch it.

as for blaine, he's still mostly a blank slate and people are also either dont' see his characterization problems (his stans) or are used to it (the rest of us). they can write whatever they want w/ him - pair him up w/ anyone friendship wise. heck if they can make rachel and santana friends, they can make blaine and sebastian hug too. and not to mention other new folks. just because he's boring now, doesn't mean they won't throw him families or friends or storylines.

I heard that this is exactly how they destroyed Hero when they decided to focus on one of hte character and essentially turned off lots of non-fans. glee may very well go that route rating wise.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/29/2012, 12:12 am

I think i stopped watching hero before then but i know what you're talking about. oh well i'll just watch for chris and maybe lea and cory depending on what their story is...
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 12:17 am

another reason that made me think they won't do the split narative is that most the graduates are tied w/ a junior left behind. that's why they paired mercedes w/ sam. quinn w/ dreadlock. mike still w/ tina, and kurt still w/ blaine. brittany defintiely won't graduate so santana has a hook back to glee club too. the only ones not having a partner left at Lima is finchell - but they can be kept at lima if they want to, and puck. puck will have a storyline coming up so we will get a better idea what will happen to him. maybe Mark won't come back at all next year except reunions or weddings.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/29/2012, 12:41 am

fantastica wrote:I agree the college story will defintiely be more interesting, but they won't ditch Matt, Jane, Jayma etc. either. and they defintiely won't ditch blarren. and the original goal is to replace the kids every year or two and just keep the same format - predictable? yes, but so is American Idol, and people still watch it.

Ah, but the first season of Idol will always remain the most memorable, right? Just like I only know Guy Sebastian is the first Australian Idol and have absolutely no clue who were the winners on the show after him.

fantastica wrote:
I heard that this is exactly how they destroyed Hero when they decided to focus on one of hte character and essentially turned off lots of non-fans. glee may very well go that route rating wise.

Going OT here... Was Sylar the character who destroyed the show (I didn't watch the show beyond season 2)? All I know is that the bad guy whom I want to see killed off keeps coming back and back and back. I suppose this has something to do with Quinto becoming popular. Personally, I like the Japanese guy Hiro more.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 1:02 am

^ yes it's the character played by Quinto. i never watched Hero but this is what I read.

you are absolutley right that the first season is hte most memorable. glee's original cast will always be the most identified w/ the show and hte most popular and most memorable. however, shows like Idol keep on going and the business model works whether you remember these contestents or not.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/29/2012, 1:18 am

I hate RIB. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 3181402168

I don't want Kurt to go. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 1371890812

I can't watch the show if Chris isn't a regular. He is the only reason why I started watching Glee.

This is so depressing, and now I am not looking forward to Season 4.

Darren cannot carry this show. They need Chris and Lea.

Doesn't Fox realise this?

RIB will probably get more backlash now and it will serve them right. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 3181402168

And watch for more Blarren hate.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 1:24 am

you know, there's already more and more blarren backlash and he doesn't have tons of screen time yet (just more solos). watch what will happen next season when he gets even more featured and there will be so much more hate going on from anyone other than his fans.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/29/2012, 1:38 am

fantastica wrote:you know, there's already more and more blarren backlash and he doesn't have tons of screen time yet (just more solos). watch what will happen next season when he gets even more featured and there will be so much more hate going on from anyone other than his fans.

And because Darren appears not to put any effort into Blaine anymore, he will be killing off his career. I think he assumes he has enough fans to keep his popularity going, that because of that he doesn't have to put any effort in, just do photo shoots, take off his shirt, flirt. Thing is media are noticing so will others, like producers.

And that dinner thing in Washington DC, Chris got invited last year, that was why he was there. He didn't need someone to take him. So if Darren's stans think he is going because they want him there, no, someone is taking him as a guest.

Probably like Simon Cowell, they don't know who he is. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Heyerchick 4/29/2012, 2:48 am

I'm not a fan of DC - not sufficiently interested in the guy - and I think the character of Blaine has been through so many re-sets he's like shifting sand, but I really don't see any evidence that DC is not putting any effort into his portrayal of Blaine anymore. He's not the greatest actor in the world, but he's serious about his craft, which is a quality he shares with Chris and which Chris is on record as valuing in him.
Heyerchick
Heyerchick
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/29/2012, 3:05 am

Heyerchick wrote:I'm not a fan of DC - not sufficiently interested in the guy - and I think the character of Blaine has been through so many re-sets he's like shifting sand, but I really don't see any evidence that DC is not putting any effort into his portrayal of Blaine anymore. He's not the greatest actor in the world, but he's serious about his craft, which is a quality he shares with Chris and which Chris is on record as valuing in him.

He used to have, but by DC recent interviews it sounds like he doesn't anymore. People have noticed his acting is really bad, and now the media are talking about it.

I loved Blaine in Season 2 but not anymore.

Blaine is more like Darren, and you can see a lot of times he is out of character. That is why he gets called Blarren by a the fandom. In Season 2 before they started giving Blaine Darrenisms, Blaine was a proper character, you could distinguish from the character and actor. After the Superbowl episode they started to ruin Blaine.

I will never not forgive them for writing Blaine as not respricating Kurt's feelings. It has always made me feel in the writers eyes that they see Blaine as settling for Kurt, and that Blaine was thinking of hooking up with Sebastain, but that changed after the tampered slushie.

I blame the writers.

Darren should stick to music, because obviously that is where his passion is.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 3:32 am

music business is REALLY hard. a few musicians actually make money from it. many of them (including Damian) want to break into acting. it means good pay while you have hte job, and more exposure to people who otherwise do not know you. If done right, it can help boost their music career. If the record fails, they still have another thing (acting) in their pocket they can rely on.

I agree blaine is more and more like Darren now (except the angry one - maybe that's why it's so fake looking Smile ) but you know RIB love to write characters based on real people. that's why they want TGP kids to "inspire" them. they skip really good actors (who can play whatever they write) and instead went for amature ones who never the less has distinctive physical features - Irish accent and cute; dreadlock and cute; drag queen... when they first saw chris and heard his unusually high voice I am sure they immediately thought "gay!!!!", thus stereotypical flamboyant femme gay. thank god chris is better than they thought and played him w/ more soul and spine and less superficial flamboyancy. as a result we got a breakout actor w/ an iconic role that inspires millions, rather than a fringe character that are merely for the laughs.

I dont think DC really has a good grasp of who his character is. He had a better idea in early S2, but now other he's often just playing himself. once they let his hair loose, it will be more so. oh well, that's why they call him "blarren" right?

p.s. before i got into this fandom, i have never heard of combining 2 names to form a new one. now they are calling hte new Fabray and Heart ship as Fart. Razz somehow this ship is very unpopular.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 4:46 am

About DC - I think he has shown some improvement lately acting wise, but it only made him look on point and not trying to overact or oversell a scene. It hasn't made him "sooo goood" which shows just how low level his performance has been before. I've always had a problem with his musical performances and his overdone show-faces during then (the one performance it really worked on for me was "When I get You Alone" - which is my favorite Blaine performance song anyway) as well as him background acting (where he tends to be out of character a lot). It's that in these 2 things, his preparation and bad grasp of his character really show (and the writers sure as hell ain't helping). There is his angry Blaine which I can't stand (his stage-type of acting is unsuitable for the screen IMO), but some love it, so whatever. I think he was OK in Dance With Somebody - his performance was more subdued, and even those moments where he was clearly acting (that felt very artificial) weren't overdone so much that I was annoyed. But, I have noticed an improvement in acting in most regulars this season, so whoever is doing it, is doing something right.

As for Blaine - I started having issues with him since episode 11 really. In the Superbowl he had more screen time then our hero because of the stupid song Bills Bills Bills (I like the audio and listen to it often but the song was completely pointless IMO). Also, he was so flirty with Kurt till Silly Love Songs, and had this older and wiser fell to him, and then not only was he sending wrong signals and didn't find Kurt attractive at all, but he turned out to be inexperienced (seriously ???). That whole way that they created artificial conflict so they wouldn't get together was disastrous - everything before was perfect IMO. It was those moments that they started to tamper with the character, crowned with his de-aging, becoming more camp and constant switches in his character that made me resent him whenever he is on screen.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 4/29/2012, 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 7:18 am

tanita_mors wrote:As for Blaine - I started having issues with him since episode 11 really. In the Superbowl he had some screen time then our hero because of the stupid song Bills Bills Bills (I like the audio and listen to it often but the song was completely pointless IMO).
I just heard that they inserted 'Bill, Bill, Bills' because Chris complained to RM that Kurt wasn't in the SuperBowl episode at all.
So: to insert Kurt in the episode RM had Blaine sing a useless solo, with Kurt lipsynching in the background. That should say quite a bit about RM's tunnel vision. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/29/2012, 7:33 am

fantastica wrote:

you know RIB love to write characters based on real people. that's why they want TGP kids to "inspire" them. they skip really good actors (who can play whatever they write) and instead went for amature ones who never the less has distinctive physical features - Irish accent and cute; dreadlock and cute; drag queen... when they first saw chris and heard his unusually high voice I am sure they immediately thought "gay!!!!", thus stereotypical flamboyant femme gay. thank god chris is better than they thought and played him w/ more soul and spine and less superficial flamboyancy. as a result we got a breakout actor w/ an iconic role that inspires millions, rather than a fringe character that are merely for the laughs.

I still say RM was being naive in thinking that he'd find another Chris Colfer among the TGP kids.

Or maybe he didn't care so much about the acting skills because he expected the winners to 'play themselves' to some extent on the show. Hey, if someone just acts the way they normally act, there's no way for the outcome to be anything but natural-looking and effortless, right?

Uh, no. Big resounding NO. Glee is a scripted show, not a reality TV program.

fantastica wrote:
p.s. before i got into this fandom, i have never heard of combining 2 names to form a new one. now they are calling hte new Fabray and Heart ship as Fart. Razz somehow this ship is very unpopular.

Chris had called Kurt's ship with Blaine 'Blurt' at one point in time, and the beauty of it is that it's even a real word! But the shippers refused to acknowledge that as the official name of their ship Smile

Kurt+Finn used to be 'Kinn', but that has changed after the canon 'Furt' episode (Oh yes, when the writers start inserting ship names into their writing, you can be sure that they're very familiar with the stuff that goes on in fandom)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/29/2012, 9:21 am

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:As for Blaine - I started having issues with him since episode 11 really. In the Superbowl he had some screen time then our hero because of the stupid song Bills Bills Bills (I like the audio and listen to it often but the song was completely pointless IMO).
I just heard that they inserted 'Bill, Bill, Bills' because Chris complained to RM that Kurt wasn't in the SuperBowl episode at all.
So: to insert Kurt in the episode RM had Blaine sing a useless solo, with Kurt lipsynching in the background. That should say quite a bit about RM's tunnel vision. dryy

I always figured they jammed them into the episode because Blaine/Warblers and Klaine took off. I also think RM probably had an original plan that Chris would be out several of the middle episodes, so in that regard, we were lucky it was only Comeback.

That scene was actually cut. There was a part after where Blaine is telling Kurt to sing a verse on the song. Kurt is looking depressed and Blaine is all "you miss your friend." Blaine then offers to go to the football game with him. That would have been slightly better. This show misses connecting scenes all over the place.

Also Marie, I know this isn't the correct thread, but in your expert opinion, can you tell me how many octaves Chris sings and how many you think he may be able to sing? If you would like to reply in the singing thread, I will gladly go over there. Smile
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/29/2012, 9:30 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Where did you read that? I have never hear that..
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/29/2012, 9:35 am

arina wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

It came out shortly after the episode. I honestly don't remember a this point, but it was in an interview somewhere.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 9:41 am

M&M wrote:Also Marie, I know this isn't the correct thread, but in your expert opinion, can you tell me how many octaves Chris sings and how many you think he may be able to sing? If you would like to reply in the singing thread, I will gladly go over there. Smile
I can answer it here. Chris has 3 octaves. Most men have 2 octaves.
I don't know if he can stretch it any larger (his vocal range, perverts), but he can still improve his timbre and sound, like he audible improved the 'thicknes' of his high notes in NTBND.

And he reached a new high note in NTBND !!!!!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/29/2012, 9:55 am

Glorfindel wrote:
M&M wrote:Also Marie, I know this isn't the correct thread, but in your expert opinion, can you tell me how many octaves Chris sings and how many you think he may be able to sing? If you would like to reply in the singing thread, I will gladly go over there. Smile
I can answer it here. Chris has 3 octaves. Most men have 2 octaves.
I don't know if he can stretch it any larger (his vocal range, perverts), but he can still improve his timbre and sound, like he audible improved the 'thicknes' of his high notes in NTBND.

And he reached a new high note in NTBND !!!!!

Thanks very much Smile Is three octaves the norm for a countertenor?

I am sorry for all the questions blushh

Also, I cannot wait to hear your review of NTBND! His high notes were clear as a bell. I can;t stop listening to that song Smile
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 10:50 am

M&M wrote:Thanks very much Smile Is three octaves the norm for a countertenor?

I am sorry for all the questions blushh

Also, I cannot wait to hear your review of NTBND! His high notes were clear as a bell. I can;t stop listening to that song Smile
Yes, 3 octaves is the norm of a good countertenor.

I love writing the NTBND review, but I have to work my way through IHN first (and 'How Will I Know').
RIB leave me workless for months, and now they give me 3-4 songs to review all at the same time! dryy

Not that I'm complaining..... fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/29/2012, 11:30 am

Delight wrote: Chris had called Kurt's ship with Blaine 'Blurt' at one point in time, and the beauty of it is that it's even a real word! But the shippers refused to acknowledge that as the official name of their ship Smile

They don't use it cause they adopted it for another ship: Burt/Blaine.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 4/29/2012, 2:37 pm

fantastica wrote:
how about "KeepKurt4ever"? a bit longer but more clear about our intention? if everybody prefer the shorter version that's ok w me too.

also claire Paulo has a question for you in the LOS thread. neutre

I think I prefer "KeepKurt4ever". We probably can plan this twitter campaign after S3 finale if Kurt's role in S4 is not confirmed yet.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/29/2012, 11:24 pm

M&M wrote:
arina wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
So: to insert Kurt in the episode RM had Blaine sing a useless solo, with Kurt lipsynching in the background. That should say quite a bit about RM's tunnel vision. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 22 357632081

It came out shortly after the episode. I honestly don't remember a this point, but it was in an interview somewhere.

I remember that interview. So yes they were going to leave him out of that episode.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next