Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Lottie2303
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
valkeakuulas
Buenos
bayth
fantastica
Glorfindel
mindschemez
opals
TimF
dimpledchris
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episodes ?

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap40%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap40%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 1/9/2015, 11:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:Don't shoot me, but I kind of like these new noobs. Maybe if they had been cast in season four, the idea of noobs wouldn't have been so soundly rejected.

It it okay if I'm sad that Brittany has now sung more than Chris has this season so far?

I won't. So far the only I've seen is Roderick, is that his name, right? And I like how he sings. So is sad he wasn't brought seasons ago. I think the problem now is I don't know if people want to invest time in new characters.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/9/2015, 11:59 pm

I didn't realize there was so much of the newbies in "Home." I guess it was "marrying" the newbies to the originals.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/10/2015, 12:02 am

Ranwing wrote:Don't shoot me, but I kind of like these new noobs. Maybe if they had been cast in season four, the idea of noobs wouldn't have been so soundly rejected.

It it okay if I'm sad that Brittany has now sung more than Chris has this season so far?

I don't mind Spencer and Roderick. I really don't like Jane, or Mason. I'm undecided on Madison.

Ranwing wrote:Oh, here comes outraged Blaine (with more of Darren's "acting"). I don't blame Jane... even if Blaine got his way, she'd be hated by the Warblers. But it conveniently engineers a rift. And blaming Kurt for having anything to do with this? You're an asshole, Blaine.

Blaine is always an asshole.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/10/2015, 12:16 am

sorry i didn't join you guys. mom wants to watch Prison Break on netflix. we are still in season 1 and it's very engaging. if anyone has the Kurt edit in a day or two please post it here. thank you!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/10/2015, 12:44 am

Had to take a break to give my cat her medicine (and to take care of the puncture wound in my hand as a result). Ok... first impressions.

Glee is a far, far cry from what it used to be. It's going to take an act of some god that's either a glutton for punishment of has a really warped sense of humor to get Glee the full 13 episodes before FOX pulls the plug. This show is well past DOA. It's got its toe tag and its in the body bag waiting for the medical examiner to take it away. Causes of death too numerous to mention.

Loser Like Me

Rachel's storyline is an exercise in self-indulgence. Is it sad that her career is toast? Sure. Does Rachel deserve everyone feeling sorry for her? Hell no. Not given all of her poor choices and overblown sense of her own importance. She's now finally dealing with the consequences of her decisions. Sure, let those who care about her try to cheer her up a bit, but she needs to hear some very hard truths more. She needs to start growing up already.

I had said that the context of Let it Go would be important and rather than Rachel putting away the childish trappings of her fantasies, she's just transferring them. Not exactly a sign of her growing up. And Sue gives her a reason to focus her attention outward rather than examining her own actions. With everyone blowing sunshine up her ass, I highly doubt that we're going to see much in the way of her maturing.

Kurt continues to be the most complex, fully realized character and Chris gives these gorgeous performances that make even this garbage worth tuning in for. Kurt's reasons for breaking up with Blaine are very understandable to anyone over the age of twelve, and I can understand why he didn't handle this break up as well - alone with none of his friends to support him or offer advice and reassurance. It's not a surprise that he's back in Lima and thinks that reconnecting with Blaine will fix things. That scene when he was expecting their whole group to reunite as planned and left standing alone is pretty telling. And the show is making it clear that it's not as if Kurt can't find other men.

Blaine, on the other hand, continues to be a childish dip. Overinvested in his relationship with Kurt to the point where he makes the Supernatural Winchesters look like a healthy, well-balanced relationship. After a brief stint of playing around with making some life changes (and all superficial, nothing about his behavior), he's gone back to the womb of Dalton where he is idolized and can feel important. Like Rachel, he's not acknowledging his own role in the events that caused his downfall.

And as for his relationship with Dave... I nearly lost my dinner. I don't see any real affection for Dave and Dave seems a lot more invested. And I don't think it's any accident that Dave was at Scandals when Blaine went to see Kurt. That was obviously staged in order to shock Kurt. Chris's acting during that scene was phenomenal. Darren's... well, he's in no danger of winning an Emmy anytime in tis lifetime.

Sam continues to be a blank slate. Why they are keeping him on the show is beyond me.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/10/2015, 1:15 am

Homecoming

The contrivance that everyone can come running back to McKinley at the drop of a hat is badly overdone at this stage. Even staging it around homecoming doesn't work just because it feels like these kids never really left.

This batch of noobs had some promise and I'm actually sorry that they weren't introduced in season four (instead of "beige paint drying on a beige wall" Marley and the Bland Bros). And the quality of their voices is really fantastic. Maybe if we had characters like this to carry the McKinley storyline, the audience wouldn't have been so totally resistant to new characters.

Rachel's intensity was amped up to 11 and was really off-putting. I get that she's heavily invested in restoring ND, but she showed again that she can be her own worst enemy. She really needs Kurt to balance her. She has the knowledge, but her people skills really stink.

Blaine had a few good moments (trying to support Jane) and a lot of bad ones (childishly throwing his new relationship in Kurt's face). Darren's acting continues to be an embarrassment and there's one good thing about Blaine being in Dalton - it limits how much screen time he actually can occupy since most of the focus will be at McKinley.

Chris continues to show why he's the most award winning actor in the cast with how he carries every scene that he's in. And he had some halfway decent material to work with here - showing his discomfort around Blaine, his battle for control with Rachel, his meeting with Spencer (which thankfully was devoid of the usual Kurt being ridiculed as being "the wrong kind of gay").  He shows Kurt's vulnerability and hurt and is even to sell crap dialogue like that bit about Blaine being the best thing that ever happened to him (well, to be fair, he was probably a step or two above pee balloons).

The introduction of the noobs worked and made a certain sense and I'm not adverse to seeing more of them. And there were a couple of genuinely funny jokes and moments. Unfortunately for Glee, it's way too little, too late.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 1/10/2015, 1:42 am

Omg that breakup flashback was on my tumblr dash and I just made a huge mistake in watching it.  Kurt came off as completely rational and Blaine's awful crying and OTT antics made it more funny than emotionally impactful.  Contrast that with the gifs of Kurt breaking down in the bathroom...Blarren looked so incredibly amateurish in comparison.  Glad I didn't watch the whole thing.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 1/10/2015, 2:38 am

I think the difference is that Roderick feels like a legitimate new character unlike the first batch of noobs where we had Jake (Puck 2.0), Rider (Finn 3.0), Kitty (Quinn 2.0), and Unique (the Kurt/ Mercedes hybrid).

I like this guys voice quite a bit and think he has potential, but sadly there's no point in investing.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/10/2015, 4:13 am

Ranwing wrote:The introduction of the noobs worked and made a certain sense and I'm not adverse to seeing more of them. And there were a couple of genuinely funny jokes and moments. Unfortunately for Glee, it's way too little, too late.

opals wrote:I think the difference is that Roderick feels like a legitimate new character unlike the first batch of noobs where we had Jake (Puck 2.0), Rider (Finn 3.0), Kitty (Quinn 2.0), and Unique (the Kurt/ Mercedes hybrid).

I like this guys voice quite a bit and think he has potential, but sadly there's no point in investing.

MTE on both points. The newbies sound great (from the few moments I bothered to listen in), but I hardly bothered learning the names of the old newbies, what's the point in getting to know these ones?

I didn't hate the episodes, mostly because I didn't have any expectations at all. Chris delivered, and I must confess that I was cackling while giffing the breakup scene because it was just so ridiculous. Curious to see see how the ratings are for this.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/10/2015, 5:23 am

I just cannot watch the episodes without cringing anymore. The plotholes are so enormous that nothing can save that. Dialogue is so stupid.

And again both episodes were full just presenting things without no explanations.

I will not go to Kurt's storylines because they are horrible. He has an agenda: grovel back to aggressive Blaine's favor. The less I think about it the better. Kurt edits for me from this point on, I don't have the brain cells to watch the whole deals.

Can we however talk about all the skinny pants someone at the costume dept. is really pushing Chris into. Razz
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/10/2015, 5:33 am

As expected, Chris acted well and looked good, and Kurt didn't deserve any of the horrible things happening to him. Seriously, where were his friends when he needed them? He's the one who always supports everyone else and they all forgot him and that six-month promise. Kurt crying in the Scandals bathroom and in Rachel's bedroom broke my heart.

Blaine is a douchebag, I cannot forgive him for what he said to Kurt in the auditorium when Jane transferred, and Darren's "acting" was laughable. Karofsky came across as a nice guy, and of course, Max is a good actor who is able to make people sympathetic to his character (unlike Darren).

I like this batch of newbies a lot more than the previous batch (except for Spencer...the actor playing him is good but he's a douche). Pity they were introduced so late that I can't be bothered to get invested in them.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/10/2015, 5:40 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I just cannot watch the episodes without cringing anymore. The plotholes are so enormous that nothing can save that. Dialogue is so stupid.

I don't think they care anymore about plot holes (haven't seen S3, maybe?) and the dialogue is indeed cringe-worthy.

And yes, all the awards go to the wardrobe department. It's either they keep giving Chris the tightest sizes he can barely fit in, or they kept his measurements from two years ago before he started working out more. His arms/pecs/thighs/butt fit the clothes so very well wub
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/10/2015, 5:50 am

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/10/2015, 6:02 am

dimpledchris wrote:And yes, all the awards go to the wardrobe department. It's either they keep giving Chris the tightest sizes he can barely fit in, or they kept his measurements from two years ago before he started working out more. His arms/pecs/thighs/butt fit the clothes so very well wub

Oh, I hadn't thought about old measurements. Because as much as the above green blazer is fitted and looks nice from afar shot, it is a bit small for him in the sholders. And it shows on the close ups. Perhaps a year ago it would have been a perfect fit.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/10/2015, 6:11 am

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhxwgjouop1ty90xko1_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhxwgjouop1ty90xko2_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhxwgjouop1ty90xko3_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhxwgjouop1ty90xko4_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhxwgjouop1ty90xko5_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhxwgjouop1ty90xko6_250x

The best skinny pants of the episode. Wink
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/10/2015, 6:20 am

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/10/2015, 6:29 am

A sad Kurt post :( :

Chris acts it so well, but that's what makes it hard to watch, it's so heartbreaking.

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy3hoJiIQ1sqqzcso3_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy3hoJiIQ1sqqzcso4_250
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy3hoJiIQ1sqqzcso1_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy3hoJiIQ1sqqzcso2_250
x

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy7oa2IG31s8uzino2_5006x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy7oa2IG31s8uzino1_5006x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy7oa2IG31s8uzino3_500
x

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy67vxcFE1u5btl5o3_r1_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy67vxcFE1u5btl5o4_r1_250
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy67vxcFE1u5btl5o1_r2_2506x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nhy67vxcFE1u5btl5o2_r2_250
x
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/10/2015, 6:36 am

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/10/2015, 12:53 pm

Top 1500 Singles

174. Let it go.
189. Home
250. Problem
279. Uninvited
326. Take on me.
378. Suddenly Seymour
444. Sing
528. Tightrope
628. Mustang Sally

Top 100 albums

18. Homecoming.
23. Loser like Me.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/10/2015, 12:57 pm

It looks like nothing will break 100. Remember the days when most Glee songs were in the top10/20 the day after an episode? Now just waiting on the ratings.

Happy to see that none of the top five have any Blarren in them.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/10/2015, 1:16 pm

I can't believe what are gonna say, but overall I didn't mad at this episode, or I simply turned into someone who watch Glee as a non fan. I even like the noobs, as was said in other post, they are different and not copycats, sadly at this point there's not reason or energy to invest in new characters. Is sad they weren't introduced two seasons ago, or things got solved two seasons ago.

Even though I've said this, still I cringed at some points and this is my inner fan speaking, and currently how I could define Glee is as a joke of what used to be, starting by Sue. WOW, foremost I'm tired she keeps trying to stop Glee club, the only way I could understand it if she had a traumatic experience when a child and made her hate the arts, but if not...what the hell? And also did she transfers all the former glee kids? is not that I miss them, but that was too much.

Oh Rachel...ok have to confess that I laughed when she was suffering at the beginning of Loser Like Me, and then I laughed more when she found her dads were divorcing, yeah sound twisted and evil, but I was like "what else could they make to make her look like a loser? What else they gonna do to make people feel bad for her?", also I guess my feelings were disbelief that Rachel were going through an unsuccessful moment in her career and life.

Klaine...do I have to say something? Like most of you, I think these two had to break up long time ago and forever. I mean, what keep them together? The huge love they have for each other? please blaine is with karofsky now, the guy who bullied Kurt. Yeah I know he has changed, but still...weird and hurtful. Besides is clear that blaine is not investing in her new romance,as I saw/felt karofsly more into it, so I wonder if this is something of blaine's plan to get kurt or he's truly trying to forget him. Whatever...still Chris WAS the one who saved the situation by acting as wonderful as he does. Not a klainer, but I believed his crying and sorrow in the bathroom scene.

Something positive I didn't mention, yeah I like to see the old glee club interacting Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/10/2015, 1:49 pm

Ratings were brutal...

http://insidetv.ew.c...season-ratings/

In its new night, Glee opened to a mere 2.3 million viewers and a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49. That’s down 65 percent from last season’s premiere and stood as the lowest-rated regular episode for a regular series on a major broadcast network last night, plus it’s easily Glee‘s weakest premiere ever.

Even Entertainment Weekly couldn't resist:

'Glee' final season ratings crash: Clearly, many fans have let it go.

Most shows decline from their premeire (last year went from 2.0 to .6 by season end) so I don't think we've seen the "bottom" of Glee's ratings yet.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/10/2015, 3:19 pm

Really sad.

Also, they joked about a 0.0 rating for thats so rachel, and thats basically where this is heading.

Im wondering if 13 over 11 weeks is even a fast enough burn for fox now.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/10/2015, 4:02 pm

I think Glee can hit .5 or even .4 in a matter of a couple of weeks.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/10/2015, 4:16 pm

With these numbers, will Glee get to the final episode?

And out of curiosity, what are the other tv shows broadcasted on friday night? what are glee competition?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next