Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 8/31/2014, 5:54 pm

Let's play a game - let's play the glee writer game: let's create our own "spoiler" stories for the first episode based on the following conditions:

1) kurt, rachel, blaine, sam, Mr. Schue, Sue must be in Lima Ohio and given plenty of screen time (due to shrinking budget and other contractual issues).

2) Dave must be in the show somehow, because he's signed up contractually (and I don't mind Max getting some extra income on the side)

3) Due to budget issues we will only be limited to these locations: McKinley, any other Ohio high schools or restaraunts/cafe whose sets have been used in the past.

now go (anything goes as long as the above 3 conditions are met!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/31/2014, 5:55 pm

Instead of Kurt trying to get Blaine back,I wish Kurt had a new love interest. I wish they would have brought back either Adam Lambert or Oliver Kieran Jones for Kurt's new love interest,Or even someone else. I also wish Dave was not with Blaine.I rather have Glee showing a friendship between Kurt and Dave than showing relationship between Dave and Blaine. I am even more doubtful that I will be watching season six.I for sure won't watch a Klaine wedding.which I am 99.9% will happen.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/31/2014, 6:52 pm

angelnessa wrote:
Divalicious wrote:Stupid pet names this early in the relationship show their immaturity.  I mean, really, Boo Boo, is that the male version of Honey Boo Boo?
(---)
Yogi Bear and Boo Boo are cartoon characters. If you look them up you'll see how absolutely fitting they really are for Blainofsky, right down to the bow tie, lol Smile .

That's about the only thing I can smile about in this whole mess though vomir .
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH9D5GhhvUwxlqpAdnnmDCJfqQ88sSqIJmtfVVUJwEw8BpprJl

Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 8/31/2014, 7:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
angelnessa wrote:
Divalicious wrote:Stupid pet names this early in the relationship show their immaturity.  I mean, really, Boo Boo, is that the male version of Honey Boo Boo?
(---)
Yogi Bear and Boo Boo are cartoon characters. If you look them up you'll see how absolutely fitting they really are for Blainofsky, right down to the bow tie, lol Smile .

That's about the only thing I can smile about in this whole mess though vomir .
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH9D5GhhvUwxlqpAdnnmDCJfqQ88sSqIJmtfVVUJwEw8BpprJl

Smile

Yep, put a little engine grease on Boo Boo's head, and Blaine looks just like him Smile . I'm replacing "hobbit" with "Boo Boo Blaine" from now on.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/31/2014, 7:12 pm

fantastica wrote:Let's play a game - let's play the glee writer game: let's create our own "spoiler" stories for the first episode based on the following conditions:

1) kurt, rachel, blaine, sam, Mr. Schue, Sue must be in Lima Ohio and given plenty of screen time (due to shrinking budget and other contractual issues).

2) Dave must be in the show somehow, because he's signed up contractually (and I don't mind Max getting some extra income on the side)

3) Due to budget issues we will only be limited to these locations: McKinley, any other Ohio high schools or restaraunts/cafe whose sets have been used in the past.

Rachel arrives back to Lima, determined to show that her ultimate stardom is still yet around the corner. She convinces her doting fathers (who are still together in my world) to invest in her newest project. Diner cum Singing School. They buy the Lima Bean and she enlists Blaine, who is despondent over Kurt dumping him, to assist with teaching dramatic presence. Facial mugging 101 teamed with Ultimate Belting 102. Her success is ordained, and all in her head.

Sam discovered, after saving the animals, that his true calling is champion dog walker. He starts his own business, taking his guitar on the walks to serenade the animals. He is highly successful, and begins to market his idea across the country. He decides that being a grown up is a great thing, and buys his parents a house, sets up an education fund for his siblings. Shows that even one of somewhat limited intelligence can be successful when they find their place in the world, and can be very happy. He plans on going to Canada, which is across the water somewhere, to open his market on another continent.

Dave comes to town, and he decides that he wants to be an advocate, for those who hide due to peer pressure, for any reason. He contacts Kurt, due to his connections with Burt and Congress, and works to form a program. He works with Sue in the schools. Sue, while she might hate Glee Club because it was needed in the storyline, has shown that she is a responsible Principal in the past. She puts all her energy into it, to make the world a better place for her daughter. Kurt and Dave take over Brittney's web site, and become honored on the internet, for being able to bring the message to the whole world. Teaching without preaching. Sue says it is all her idea, and asks if there are trophies involved. The local papers editor finds that he likes teddy bears. A very awkward flirtation develops, much to Kurt's amusement. He does his best matchmaking, but is constantly foiled by their ineptness.

Kurt, while completing his education at NYADA, decides to use his experience with Dave to write a play about his life in Lima. Burt, after finding out Blaine had cheated on Kurt, is now firmly in the Keep Blaine The Hell Away From My Son camp, cheers him on, and tells him only one person can play this remarkable person. Kurt says he can't direct and act in this project, so enlists Mr. Schue, who has been very popular in the local community theater. Will finds more enjoyment in the director's role than he thought possible. This reinvigorates his desire to make this his career path. He is cautious because he is a new father, but his wife's pamphlet writing business is so successful she encourages him to take this chance.

Rumor has it a Broadway bigwig is interested in putting money into this project, he happens to be gorgeous and single. Kurt considers dating him, but doesn't want to be perceived as getting his success on anything other than his own merits. His suitor is exceedingly persistent.

At the end of the season, before Glee goes off into the ozone, we do have a wedding between two fine gay men, but Blaine isn't there. Kurt and his beloved toss their boutonnieres, one lands in Dave's champagne glass. Dave's would be boyfriend takes this as a positive sign.

Rachel and Blaine have a heart to heart. They've been living in the past, and realize that they've thrown away happiness and success over and over again because they always felt there was something better out there. They realize that they themselves need to be better, and then the happiness will come. They can't be children anymore, it's time to grow up. They toss away their Diner/School idea and start over. They plan on moving to LA to take acting lessons, and this time they will pay attention. Rachel misses her chief supporter, Kurt, but he is too busy setting up household with his new husband. Blaine and Rachel form a pact of mutual support, that they will keep an eye out for the other getting a big head, and won't let the other fail.

There is no such thing as a Lima Loser anymore, being fulfilled in your emotional and professional life makes that impossible. The show ends with Finn's tree blooming, soft petals wafting on the wind. A positive message after a couple of years of bad ones.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/31/2014, 7:55 pm

lol the blainofsky pet names, I feel so bad for Yogi and Boo; Glee writers were disrespectful with them.Though still I like my bear karofsky Smile

As for the spoilers, the person who posted that better run away and hide as some klainers are currently in a shitty mood, some even claim that probably is not even real and bla bla. Personally, and I feel so sad for saying this, I think this klaine breakup will last few episodes and then somehow will have the 'kleeding'. But you know, trying to be positive, wouldn't mind to see how blaine is ruined; c'mon he left Nyada and is dating karofsky, how worse could be for blainers?

The only negative thing, Kurt chasing him dryy oh Glee writers why don't you piss off only one part of the fandom? They have to screw everything.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/31/2014, 8:12 pm

Yogi and Boo Boo

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 705229-boo_boo_bear1

Ok, I can see it now...

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 0037g1sx
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/31/2014, 8:18 pm

Divalicious wrote:
fantastica wrote:Let's play a game - let's play the glee writer game: let's create our own "spoiler" stories for the first episode based on the following conditions:

Rachel arrives back to Lima, determined to show that her ultimate stardom is still yet around the corner.  She convinces her doting fathers (who are still together in my world) to invest in her newest project.  Diner cum Singing School.  They buy the Lima Bean and she enlists Blaine, who is despondent over Kurt dumping him, to assist with teaching dramatic presence.  Facial mugging 101 teamed with Ultimate Belting 102.  Her success is ordained, and all in her head.

Sam discovered, after saving the animals, that his true calling is champion dog walker.  He starts his own business, taking his guitar on the walks to serenade the animals.  He is highly successful, and begins to market his idea across the country.  He decides that being a grown up is a great thing, and buys his parents a house, sets up an education fund for his siblings.  Shows that even one of somewhat limited intelligence can be successful when they find their place in the world, and can be very happy.  He plans on going to Canada, which is across the water somewhere, to open his market on another continent.  

Dave comes to town, and he decides that he wants to be an advocate, for those who hide due to peer pressure, for any reason.  He contacts Kurt, due to his connections with Burt and Congress, and works to form a program.  He works with Sue in the schools.  Sue, while she might hate Glee Club because it was needed in the storyline, has shown that she is a responsible Principal in the past.  She puts all her energy into it, to make the world a better place for her daughter.  Kurt and Dave take over Brittney's web site, and become honored on the internet, for being able to bring the message to the whole world.  Teaching without preaching.  Sue says it is all her idea, and asks if there are trophies involved. The local papers editor finds that he likes teddy bears.  A very awkward flirtation develops, much to Kurt's amusement.  He does his best matchmaking, but is constantly foiled by their ineptness.

Kurt, while completing his education at NYADA, decides to use his experience with Dave to write a play about his life in Lima.  Burt, after finding out Blaine had cheated on Kurt, is now firmly in the Keep Blaine The Hell Away From My Son camp, cheers him on, and tells him only one person can play this remarkable person.  Kurt says he can't direct and act in this project, so enlists Mr. Schue, who has been very popular in the local community theater.  Will finds more enjoyment in the director's role than he thought possible.  This reinvigorates his desire to make this his career path.  He is cautious because he is a new father, but his wife's pamphlet writing business is so successful she encourages him to take this chance.  

Rumor has it a Broadway bigwig is interested in putting money into this project, he happens to be gorgeous and single.  Kurt considers dating him, but doesn't want to be perceived as getting his success on anything other than his own merits.  His suitor is exceedingly persistent.

At the end of the season, before Glee goes off into the ozone, we do have a wedding between two fine gay men, but Blaine isn't there.  Kurt and his beloved toss their boutonnieres, one lands in Dave's champagne glass.  Dave's would be boyfriend takes this as a positive sign.  

Rachel and Blaine have a heart to heart.  They've been living in the past, and realize that they've thrown away happiness and success over and over again because they always felt there was something better out there.  They realize that they themselves need to be better, and then the happiness will come.  They can't be children anymore, it's time to grow up. They toss away their Diner/School idea and start over.  They plan on moving to LA to take acting lessons, and this time they will pay attention.  Rachel misses her chief supporter, Kurt, but he is too busy setting up household with his new husband.  Blaine and Rachel form a pact of mutual support, that they will keep an eye out for the other getting a big head, and won't let the other fail.  

There is no such thing as a Lima Loser anymore, being fulfilled in your emotional and professional life makes that impossible.  The show ends with Finn's tree blooming, soft petals wafting on the wind.  A positive message after a couple of years of bad ones.

thank you my dear. you should get the job as a glee writer, not those salaried/commissioned professional people. your story makes sense and is a lot more interesting. i would definitely watch it.  Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/31/2014, 8:20 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Large

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Blaine_karofsky_shove1

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe1LhwXLEbj7FDM4xJEarqpDjDtgx13Vd83l8_LP6zBKAK82cJlQ
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 8/31/2014, 8:29 pm

brisallie wrote: lol the blainofsky pet names, I feel so bad for Yogi and Boo; Glee writers were disrespectful with them.Though still I like my bear karofsky Smile

As for the spoilers, the person who posted that better run away and hide as some klainers are currently in a shitty mood, some even claim that probably is not even real and bla bla.Personally, and I feel so sad for saying this, I think this klaine breakup will last few episodes and then somehow will have the 'kleeding'. But you know, trying to be positive, wouldn't mind to see how blaine is ruined; c'mon he left Nyada and is dating karofsky, how worse could be for blainers?

The only negative thing, Kurt chasing him dryy oh Glee writers why don't you piss off only one part of the fandom? They have to screw everything.

MJ's Big Blog, the source of the spoilers, has been around for years, even before Tumblr. I used to follow her for AI stuff, back when I watched AI. I would tend to trust her and her sources more than most others, though I'd love to know that the part about Kurt going back to Lima to persue Blaine is false.

I also believe this is only a speed bump on the way to a Klaine wedding dryy .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/31/2014, 8:57 pm

Kurt ended things with Blaine for good ,after catching Blaine cheating again. They eventually become friends again.Blaine regrets how he treated Kurt ,but it s too late. He is lucky that Kurt is friends with him. Kurt eventually   get's his big break on  local version  of the Broadway musical Jersey Boys playing a supporting part, during a break from NYADA He eventually returns to NYADa and graduates He also get's a new love interest  who he meets during one of his audition

Rachel  flies to Lima to try to repair her image after her show is cancelled,and her diva like a attitude . While in Lima she meets a burn victim and gives up her diva like attitude She starts to become a team player and  gladly accepts  being an extra in Jersey Boys which slowly leads to getting bigger parts.

Blaine parents  lost   a lot of there money and could no longer afford  his NYADA tuition   . He return Ohio to take a position at Dalton , help with college cost.He becomes a better person and decides  not to get a new love  interest until he overcomes some of his issues

Both Sam and Mr  Schue  help Rachel  lead New Directions  to 2nd place in Nationals  Dalton comes in 3rd
Dave is out  becomes friends with Kurt who agree to becomes Dave's best man at Dave's wedding.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/31/2014, 9:01 pm

fantastica wrote:
Divalicious wrote:

Rachel arrives back to Lima, determined to show that her ultimate stardom is still yet around the corner.  She convinces her doting fathers (who are still together in my world) to invest in her newest project.  Diner cum Singing School.  They buy the Lima Bean and she enlists Blaine, who is despondent over Kurt dumping him, to assist with teaching dramatic presence.  Facial mugging 101 teamed with Ultimate Belting 102.  Her success is ordained, and all in her head.

Sam discovered, after saving the animals, that his true calling is champion dog walker.  He starts his own business, taking his guitar on the walks to serenade the animals.  He is highly successful, and begins to market his idea across the country.  He decides that being a grown up is a great thing, and buys his parents a house, sets up an education fund for his siblings.  Shows that even one of somewhat limited intelligence can be successful when they find their place in the world, and can be very happy.  He plans on going to Canada, which is across the water somewhere, to open his market on another continent.  

Dave comes to town, and he decides that he wants to be an advocate, for those who hide due to peer pressure, for any reason.  He contacts Kurt, due to his connections with Burt and Congress, and works to form a program.  He works with Sue in the schools.  Sue, while she might hate Glee Club because it was needed in the storyline, has shown that she is a responsible Principal in the past.  She puts all her energy into it, to make the world a better place for her daughter.  Kurt and Dave take over Brittney's web site, and become honored on the internet, for being able to bring the message to the whole world.  Teaching without preaching.  Sue says it is all her idea, and asks if there are trophies involved. The local papers editor finds that he likes teddy bears.  A very awkward flirtation develops, much to Kurt's amusement.  He does his best matchmaking, but is constantly foiled by their ineptness.

Kurt, while completing his education at NYADA, decides to use his experience with Dave to write a play about his life in Lima.  Burt, after finding out Blaine had cheated on Kurt, is now firmly in the Keep Blaine The Hell Away From My Son camp, cheers him on, and tells him only one person can play this remarkable person.  Kurt says he can't direct and act in this project, so enlists Mr. Schue, who has been very popular in the local community theater.  Will finds more enjoyment in the director's role than he thought possible.  This reinvigorates his desire to make this his career path.  He is cautious because he is a new father, but his wife's pamphlet writing business is so successful she encourages him to take this chance.  

Rumor has it a Broadway bigwig is interested in putting money into this project, he happens to be gorgeous and single.  Kurt considers dating him, but doesn't want to be perceived as getting his success on anything other than his own merits.  His suitor is exceedingly persistent.

At the end of the season, before Glee goes off into the ozone, we do have a wedding between two fine gay men, but Blaine isn't there.  Kurt and his beloved toss their boutonnieres, one lands in Dave's champagne glass.  Dave's would be boyfriend takes this as a positive sign.  

Rachel and Blaine have a heart to heart.  They've been living in the past, and realize that they've thrown away happiness and success over and over again because they always felt there was something better out there.  They realize that they themselves need to be better, and then the happiness will come.  They can't be children anymore, it's time to grow up. They toss away their Diner/School idea and start over.  They plan on moving to LA to take acting lessons, and this time they will pay attention.  Rachel misses her chief supporter, Kurt, but he is too busy setting up household with his new husband.  Blaine and Rachel form a pact of mutual support, that they will keep an eye out for the other getting a big head, and won't let the other fail.  

There is no such thing as a Lima Loser anymore, being fulfilled in your emotional and professional life makes that impossible.  The show ends with Finn's tree blooming, soft petals wafting on the wind.  A positive message after a couple of years of bad ones.

thank you my dear. you should get the job as a glee writer, not those salaried/commissioned professional people. your story makes sense and is a lot more interesting. i would definitely watch it.  Smile

I agree. I would also watch. I Like her spoiler stories a lot more than mine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/31/2014, 9:15 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:

Kurt ended things with Blaine for good ,after catching Blaine cheating again. They eventually become friends again.Blaine regrets how he treated Kurt ,but it s too late. He is lucky that Kurt is friends with him. Kurt eventually   get's his big break on  local version  of the Broadway musical Jersey Boys playing a supporting part, during a break from NYADA He eventually returns to NYADA and graduates   He also get's a new love interest  who he meets during one of his audition

Rachel  flies to Lima to try to repair her image after her show is cancelled,and her diva like a attitude . While in Lima she meets a burn victim and gives up her diva like attitude She starts to become a team player and  gladly accepts  being an extra in Jersey Boys which slowly leads to getting bigger parts.

Blaine parents  lost   a lot of their money and could no longer afford  his NYADA tuition   . He return Ohio to take a position at Dalton , help with college cost.He becomes a better person and decides  not to get a new love  interest until he overcomes some of his issues.He supports Kurt in Kurt's plan on writing a book base on their life together

Both Sam and Mr  Schue  help Rachel  lead New Directions  to 2nd place in Nationals  Dalton comes in 3rd
Sue and Dave works together to help end bullying in schools. They go tour local schools and give talks
Sue   adopts a baby.
Dave is out  becomes friends with Kurt who agree to becomes Dave's best man at Dave's wedding
I willtry to think of something better,but doubt it will be half as good as Divalicous.

Last edited by ChrisColferFan1 on 8/31/2014, 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Almost forgot Sue. and to add on more to post)
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/1/2014, 12:03 am

Sadly, the ideas came as I typed. It took me about 10 minutes to type this up. I wonder how long the writers took to decide on the past several years of stories. I even gave happiness to characters I am not invested in, why can't they do the same?

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/1/2014, 12:14 am

Divalicious wrote:Sadly, the ideas came as I typed.  It took me about 10 minutes to type this up.  I wonder how long the writers took to decide on the past several years of stories.  I even gave happiness to characters I am not invested in, why can't they do the same?

Your ideas were great. A lot better than mine, and especially the writers.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/1/2014, 4:51 am

Divalicious wrote:Sadly, the ideas came as I typed.  It took me about 10 minutes to type this up.  I wonder how long the writers took to decide on the past several years of stories.  I even gave happiness to characters I am not invested in, why can't they do the same?
I've read many times now (here and elsewhere) that RIB, especially Ryan, are deliberately pissing off the Glee fans and destroying the show, just for shits and giggles. And I believe part of that is true.

But what if RIB genuinely think they've written great new storylines for season 6, for as far as they could be bothered to write for Glee at all?
What if they finally realized that they took it too far with Rachel and Blaine in the last 2 seasons, Rachel with her quitting everything she ever wanted and what got handed to her too easily, and Blaine with also succeeding at everything he does and wanting so desperately to get married at a very young age?
And what if RIB think that writing them 2 losing everything and building things up from scratch again (while at the same time helping others) is a brilliant idea, and also a good reason to justify giving them all the screentime and songs again, without being accused of constantly favoring the very special snowflakes? It's not like that plot twist has never been done before, and even succesfully in some cases.

What if RIB really can't even see how shitty it will make Blaine look when he just flops over and blubbers in a spineless mess every time things don't go his way, flunking out of school like a crybaby, after he loses Kurt, again I might add?
They did the same thing in season 4, letting Blaine cheat because he felt so lonely without having Kurt around arms 24/7 (damn you, Kurt, for trying to build a life for yourself, you should have been more considerated of your soulmate) and then he crawled around in misery for half a season. RIB did that deliberately in an attempt to make Blaine more 'fleshed out' and give him the tragic-good-guy-who-made-one-mistake-which-cost-him-the-love-of-his-life edit (not seeing how many times Blaine screwed up already before he even cheated).
Blaine being so emotional and falling apart completely after the love of his life doesn't want him anymore can be perceived (by silly fangirls) as him being the most romantic and sensitive guy in the world! Kurt should feel soooo lucky that Blaine wants him back, blegh.
So let me repeat that: they did all that to Blaine on purpose before, genuinely thinking it would help his character, so why not again? It's not like RIB have a tendency to learn from their previous mistakes or don't repeat the same storylines over and over again.

On top of that RIB have always been horrible when it comes to the (romantic) relationships in their shows. They literally know/can do no better, and just because we, the viewers, can see the faults in their writing, doesn't mean that they can (or they can but refuse to acknowledge it or are too lazy to do something about it). What they're going to do with Klaine now they've done a hundred times before, with Finn getting back with Quinn (who tried to shove another man's baby in his lap) while Rachel pined over him, Rachel being with Jesse while Finn wanted her back, Will and Emma with Carl, Santana with Brittany and Artie/Sam, etc.
Kurt wanting Blaine back when Blaine has another bf would be no different to all those other horrid love triangles Glee had, and it's what the very vocal Klainers have been screaming for for years a real midgame bf for Blaine, and Kurt 'finally' being the one to beg to get Blaine back (neglecting everything that happened in canon, but whatever). Hey, with Kurt breaking up with Blaine because he thinks they got engaged too young RIB is even 'listening' and pandering to Kurt fans and Chris himself, so they probably think they're killing 2 birds with 1 stone here.

If RIB really went scorched earth on Glee and decided to destroy the characters (actors?) they found annoying and boring to write for in the end (and who in their minds stood in the way of making their very special snowflakes 'happen' and be the most popular and beloved characters/actors of their little show), maybe also as some form of punishment, in the process, like Kurt, they surely would have taken NYADA away from Kurt as well. Or never even mentioned it as important.
Now personally I think they left Kurt at NYADA because:
- 1) there were too many characters who dropped out of college already,
- 2) everyne going back to Lima at age 19-20 to teach at their former high schools is contrived enough as it is,
- 3) Kurt still being in NYADA will make the downfalls of Rachel and Blaine look even more pityful ('cause Kurt only shares losses if it makes the other person's loss even worse, otherwise he just is the only one who loses so it makes the other person's win look even better: Kurt has been often used as a magnifier of other character's struggles),
- 4) even RIB know better than to take everything away from Kurt, especially if it's for Blaine.
- 5) RIB was simply told they couldn't do that to Kurt.

I have no doubt that RIB know how Chris feels about all this, about him not wanting to be just (the lesser) part of a shipname, and wanting personal validation and happiness or Kurt, and maybe RIB even sympathise with that, but RIB simply do what they want with Klaine anyway because of their soulmates/endgame crap. Maybe leaving NYADA for Kurt is their way of 'granting' Chris' wish? Or maybe they simply don't care about what Chris thinks for his character anymore, because all Kurt is to them now is just a prop for Klaine and Rachel, so his individual growth is unimportant. Besides: Kurt gets the first prize anyway as he gets to marry Blaine, right?
And yet, RIB making it a point to stipulate that Kurt is still at NYADA can also be seen as a sign that they still care about Kurt (as I have seen expressed by some), so benefit of the doubt here?

I had another thought: what if they brought back Karofsky so they could copy a recent real life gay issue again: several jocks in major leagues sports coming out as gay? I can't help picturing Michael Sam and his (smaller) boyfriend when I think of bear cub Karofsky with hobbit Blaine. Leave it up to Ryan to find that an 'inspiring' story that "needs to be told".
And they simply chose Blaine and not Kurt as Karofsky's bf because Blaine's the main gay on Glee now who gets the most screentime and songs (and maybe also because they thought Chris was unavailable for the first few episodes of season 6, who knows).
So maybe there indeed was some contempt for the Kurtsies/Pirates, even for the K(B)lainers, in the back of RIB's minds when they created this Blainofsky storyline, but maybe the main reason they did this was simply because they wanted another ripped from the headlines gay PSA for their favorite male lead in their oh so important 'socially relevant' show.

And Sam fits in here neatly, after they left him walking in the halls of McKinley last season, as he can have the football connection with Karofsky by helping coach Beiste at McKinley.
This also kills several birds in 1 stone, as it will bring Dot-Marie Jones back to Glee (who got them Emmy noms for the show and who the fans have been asking for to return), and it will give Sam something to do after Kurt took over his spot as Rachel's ND assistant when they found at that Chris was not going to film 'Noel' during the shooting of the first episodes of season 6.

It really wraps up tightly in a neat bow like that, or so the writers might think. Rolling Eyes

As for Rachel: letting her lose everything and eat some humble pie is also nothing they haven't done before. Rachel has been put on the wash, rinse and repeat program ever since season 1. And RIB can't be that stupid to not have noticed how they screwed up Rachel in season 5. Even the media complained about it (like that Cantor? guy on twitter).
So RIB probably thought that combining Rachel's (temporarily, I have no doubt) upteenth comeuppance with Ryan's continuous longing to get things back to his beloved choir room, and simultaneously carrying on with Finn's storyline they never got to finish because Cory died (and why create new storylines when you can simply copy and paste them on another character, right?) was a genius idea.

So what if all RIB are doing is the best way they know how (without putting too much effort in it, I'm sure, as they lost interest in Glee years ago) to fix things, instead of them simply destroying whatever's left of Glee just because they can? Granted, with a few macaber and passive-agressive twists in it, but that's typical for Ryan.

Now I've come to think of it: isn't that a very scary thought? unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/1/2014, 6:14 am

^ Easy explanation. Glee is written for and about Rachel and Blaine. It stopped being an ensemble quite a while ago. Also the audience is supposed to *love* and *root* for them. By no means are we supposed to dislike or question there actions. So everything those two will do in S6 it is about redeeming them. Kurt will only be used to prop both characters. Funnily because Kurt is a prop, acting OCC 99% of the time, and gets used all the time for stupid Rachel/Blaine SL's, it leads to people to actually dislike Rachel/Blaine.

But S6 will end with a Klaine wedding. Better to accept it now. Kurt, the one and fell in love with, is long dead. Hence I am very happy in my little fanon universe, because I know as much as Chris will try, nothing on screen will salvage the character assassination.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/1/2014, 12:58 pm

I really think it is a combination of everything that has been mentioned:    bad writing, fan pandering, hostility to fans, trying to untwist painting themselves in corner, thinking that drama for a couple equals good storytelling, etc, etc.

Take even Season 1 and 2 major multiple episode SL's (unrelated to Kurt) , Rachel and her mom and the Will/Terry fake pregnancy.

In the first case the show would have us believe Shelby would go through all the efforts of even planting a boy in Rachel's school to reveal she was her mom and try to reconnect, only in the end to show Shelby as either bored or not interested in a grown up daughter (and her problems) and patly adopt Quick's baby as her shiny new toy baby.  It's insanity that the writers thought this made any sense at all.

The Terry pregnancy was not only completely implausible (really Will you don't notice anything?) even within a TV fantasy  but they wrapped up his finding out like in 3 minutes with an over the top shouting match and that was it.

Thus Season 1 had some pretty crappy plot twists, but got some things right (Kurt's arc in particular) that compensated for the WTF story lines.

So I don't think they (the writers) deliberately try to just thumb their nose at the audience ALL the time (some of the time they do, especially the meta commentary) but they have a fundamental problem  writing for characters any consistent storylines that make sense.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 9/1/2014, 7:47 pm

I think it might help us to come to peace with the inevitable Klaine wedding (from hell), if we recognize the reality of the situation: no matter how much RIB, and the klainers try to make out that Blaine is the ultimate prize for Kurt, it's actually the other way around. Kurt is Blaine's holy grail. If he doesn't get him at the end of the series, his whole reason for existing is gone. He literally can't ride off into the sunset, and have gay Hanna Barbera adventures with Karofsky, because if he's not with Kurt, he has failed.

Kurt, OTOH, can do anything: go to Broadway, or the West End, study fashion in Paris, run off with a prince, become a best selling novelist, anything. He can take any path and it's victory for him. He can date anyone: Sebastian, random stranger, Mike Chang could announce he's bi; anyone he ends up with, (yes, even blaine) and he's still a winner. Why? Because he's Kurt-Fucking-Hummel, that's why.

There's a reason why even the Blainers who hate Chris/Kurt's ever-loving guts still insist that Klaine have to have their wedding. Without Kurt, blaine is a useless little grease stain, who never amounted to anything. Nothing that he did mattered. Nobody cared about him. Nobody will remember him. As it is, he'll just be a footnote in tv history: the character who married the epic, ground-breaking Kurt Hummel.

So as we prepare ourselves for the trainwreck to end all trainwrecks that is sure to be S6, and we listen to the blainers whine about how mean Kurt was to their precious little angel, while they demand that blaine simultaneously be free from the "awful" Kurt to have his own storyline, and that they be given their "kledding" or else; let's just keep this knowledge in our hearts: they're terrified that this story will end with Kurt free from blaineykins, and then they'll have nothing. Remember also, that as hard as RIB have, and will continue, to push Blaine/Darren as the biggest thing ever to come out of glee, they still have to attach him to Kurt or nobody will give a shit.

Kurt wins. Kurt's the winner. Everything's coming up Hummel. Kurt's the only thing anyone's going to remember about this show.

End of story.

And so say we all.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/1/2014, 8:10 pm

^ Much applause. Yes, long after Glee is a footnote, brought out when networks attempt to make another show with a musical basis, the only characters remembered will be Sue and Kurt, maybe Rachel. Sue for her charismatic character, annoying as she was at time, Jane Lynch became a true icon with this role. Kurt for being so strong in the face of adversity, where even those who love him seemed to think that his success would be limited by other peoples perceptions. Plus, boy howdy, talk about a transformation from milk maid to gorgeous man. Kurt will also be remembered for how long writers can ignore the attractive metamorphosis young people can go through. Rachel, early on I would say she would have been remembered well as the amazing tiny girl with the amazing big voice. Until the audience got tired of hearing how amazing and special she was, every single minute seems to be propping up this child who has even more ego than she has talent. Rachel might be more remembered for how not to write your main character, rather than for the character herself.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/1/2014, 8:18 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
Kurt, OTOH, can do anything: go to Broadway, or the West End, study fashion in Paris, run off with a prince, become a best selling novelist, anything. He can take any path and it's victory for him. He can date anyone: Sebastian, random stranger, Mike Chang could announce he's bi; anyone he ends up with, (yes, even blaine) and he's still a winner. Why? Because he's Kurt-Fucking-Hummel, that's why. .

banzai banzai
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/2/2014, 9:14 am

Vir Cotto wrote:I think it might help us to come to peace with the inevitable Klaine wedding (from hell), if we recognize the reality of the situation: no matter how much RIB, and the klainers try to make out that Blaine is the ultimate prize for Kurt, it's actually the other way around. Kurt is Blaine's holy grail. If he doesn't get him at the end of the series, his whole reason for existing is gone. He literally can't ride off into the sunset, and have gay Hanna Barbera adventures with Karofsky, because if he's not with Kurt, he has failed.

Kurt, OTOH, can do anything: go to Broadway, or the West End, study fashion in Paris, run off with a prince, become a best selling novelist, anything. He can take any path and it's victory for him. He can date anyone: Sebastian, random stranger, Mike Chang could announce he's bi; anyone he ends up with, (yes, even blaine) and he's still a winner. Why? Because he's Kurt-Fucking-Hummel, that's why.

There's a reason why even the Blainers who hate Chris/Kurt's ever-loving guts still insist that Klaine have to have their wedding. Without Kurt, blaine is a useless little grease stain, who never amounted to anything. Nothing that he did mattered. Nobody cared about him. Nobody will remember him. As it is, he'll just be a footnote in tv history: the character who married the epic, ground-breaking Kurt Hummel.

So as we prepare ourselves for the trainwreck to end all trainwrecks that is sure to be S6, and we listen to the blainers whine about how mean Kurt was to their precious little angel, while they demand that blaine simultaneously be free from the "awful" Kurt to have his own storyline, and that they be given their "kledding" or else; let's just keep this knowledge in our hearts: they're terrified that this story will end with Kurt free from blaineykins, and then they'll have nothing. Remember also, that as hard as RIB have, and will continue, to push Blaine/Darren as the biggest thing ever to come out of glee, they still have to attach him to Kurt or nobody will give a shit.

Kurt wins. Kurt's the winner. Everything's coming up Hummel. Kurt's the only thing anyone's going to remember about this show.

End of story.

And so say we all.
Well, if this isn't a pick-me-up after all this gl(ee)oom. bisou

And THIS is simply a stroke of genius:

Kurt, OTOH, can do anything: go to Broadway, or the West End, study fashion in Paris, run off with a prince, become a best selling novelist, anything. He can take any path and it's victory for him. He can date anyone: Sebastian, random stranger, Mike Chang could announce he's bi;
GIMME!!!!! hiphopa

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 23 Tumblr_mlvyn6l5qS1qly3wvo4_r1_250
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/2/2014, 11:27 am

There could be another reason for the Karofsky/Blaine pairing.

Blaine realizes that getting back together with Kurt isn't healthy for him until he really gets his shit together and is less clingy/needy. He comes to the realization he's hurting himself and/or Kurt in a relationship. He finds out that Kurt is coming back to try reconnect with him and in a panic asked Dave , with whom he now has a friendship to help him out with a staged romance.

Blaine figures the one way to keep him and Kurt apart is fabricating a relationship with the most unlikely pairing possible and ensure he doesn't slip back in a relationship hastily. He figures that Kurt will be repulsed into stepping away from a reconciliation that he's afraid he couldn't refuse otherwise.

Of course the odds of this being the scenario ( Blaine doing something to keep himself away from Kurt) are very slim to none.

Most likely it's 13 episodes of building Blaine up as the comeback hero while ostensibly being about a "Klaine" arc.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/2/2014, 12:25 pm

You know, th more I think about the song choices for the Loser Like Me, the more I realize that that the show has completely and totally divorced the meaning of songs from how they use them on Glee. The only reason why they're going to have Rachel sing Let it Go is because someone in the writers room (RM likely) is indulging his perpetual boner for having Lea imitating better and more iconic singers that she bears a passing resemblance to (physically and vocally). The song is a lousy fit for Rachel's story where it stands now and the only reason she's singing it is because the show keeps wanting to link Rachel/Lea and Idina Menzel. The lyrics of the song are all about breaking rules because they don't apply to the singer and she's going to chart her own way no mater what.

The problem? Not following rules or the advice of others is just what got Rachel into the mess that she's currently in. Rachel is going to be stuck in Lima Ohio playing choir leader because she followed her own ambitions and the hell with things like professional commitments. So we've got another nomination in the Wrong Song/Wrong Singer/Wrong Storyline listing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/2/2014, 12:54 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:I think it might help us to come to peace with the inevitable Klaine wedding (from hell), if we recognize the reality of the situation: no matter how much RIB, and the klainers try to make out that Blaine is the ultimate prize for Kurt, it's actually the other way around. Kurt is Blaine's holy grail. If he doesn't get him at the end of the series, his whole reason for existing is gone. He literally can't ride off into the sunset, and have gay Hanna Barbera adventures with Karofsky, because if he's not with Kurt, he has failed.

End of story.

And so say we all.

Well said banzai

Personally I've this feeling, I might be wrong, in the years coming people will most remember the kids from season one. Yeah, I've talked to people who have watched season 2 and 3, but for instance if I mention Blaine, either he's the boy from the 'gay school' or 'Kurt's boyfriend'.

As for the season 6 songs, Let it go isn't a song about liberation, being finally yourself. I think that would have been more appealing if Rachel would have sung it when she was in NY or whatever place that isn't Lima, as she's fulfilling her dreams, being what always wanted to be.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next