Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  angelnessa 5/16/2014, 12:19 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
Buenos wrote:I suspect that Chris has a strong if not stronger following in the UK then even the States that may have factored also in landing him the role.   Razz

And lets not forget that he probably did an audition like every actor that doesn't make millions and millions with their movies. And even then, for a character like Noel I'd assume, a lot of them would even be required to audition.

So I feel the producers and director are very certain with their choices, + they must be somewhat reaffirmed by his quite marketable  and sizable fanbase.

I'm sure his last PCA win made them smile too neutre .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired 5/16/2014, 12:36 am

And his likeability, his work ethic, and his maturity, and how much love and respect he has in the industry.

Plus, his talent, and how much love and work he puts in his characters, to make you care about them, because you know he does.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/16/2014, 1:18 am

i am absolutely certain that chris auditioned for this part. there's no way they are going to let an American actor, no matter how famous/popular he is, play a quintessential british cultural icon w/o at least seeing him talk and act. remember not all american actors can do convincing british accents, and NC had a distinctive way of talking. chris may still need dialect coaches but he was naturally very good at mimicing. remember he and Oliver did their Downton Abbey ad lib last season? he sounded pretty good imitating the head cook. also, this project has been blessed by the Coward Estate. i am sure that if they think Chris is the wrong person playing their father/grandfather/uncle convincingly they would have interfered, as Chris signed on to this project long time ago.

now we are just waiting for the news about the other A-listers formally joining the cast. Since Chris was probably the first one who signed on, i am sure these actors all knew who they will be potentially working with. they obviously trust chris' ability to play the lead. nobody is willing to join a project that they sure will fail. this movie is a biopic. if the lead cannot carry the show, there's no show, period, no matter how strong the supporting cast is.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/16/2014, 2:24 am

Yes, knowing the perfectionist that Chris seems to be, I'm sure he's hired a diction coach for many months now.

It's amazing how he gave no real hard hints bout the role other then to say casually a few times he was attached to certain movie projects, including a bio.

I just can't give over how most of his limited outside projects are really him front and center.

1)  A series of books that he has written, and not ghost writes like so many celebs.

2) A movie that he wrote, produced and starred in.

3) An 3- D animation movie where he plays the lead character

and now

4) The lead in a prestigious production of one of the iconic giants of the British musical theatre world.

Chris picks things that will highlight him , very shrewd boy.   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/16/2014, 8:58 am

^It's pretty amazing, isn't it?
Landing several lead parts at such a young age, either created by himself, like SBL and TLoS (but even those projects needed goodwill and backing up from investors and people in the industry, and just look at the good actors he got for SBL), or other people's projects, like Robodog and now Noel.

TBH: I would have been more than thrilled if he had gotten a decent supporting role as a first gig after Glee, like in 'Prop 8' or as James Dean in the Montgomery Clift movie.

It's good to be a Chris Colfer stan.  Razz  wub 

fantastica wrote:^ i am pretty sure the director will "leak" one such shot on his twitter as soon as the filming starts. i can already smell that coming the moment i read his first twitter.
I think so too. He seems to be very social media savvy.

And maybe now we'll get to know the real power and influence of Chris signing on to that big PR firm. (And Robert De Niro's something something firm too? Lol, I'm terrible in remembering those business details).

With Glee taking up most of Chris' time there was besides the TLoS books (as Robodog is still being made) not much for Chris and his PR team to promote. And we only got some stuff from the filming of SBL because of paparazzi and Chris inviting fans for the Homecoming Float scene), as their promoting budget was a dollar and a shoestring.
But with this movie that has big names attached to it I'm sure we'll get some more promotion and teasing, and maybe a bts making of video.
And interviews in England!  danse3 

angelnessa wrote:I'm sure his last PCA win made them smile too neutre .
Yes!!! And that 2nd PCA came after he was already committed to the movie!  Smile 

Now I'm even more happy that we worked so hard back then, voting our fingers off for that PCA. even though he had already won one the year before.
(Maybe we should send RIB, Darren and his Blarrenstans some thank you note or something, for frustrating us so much and making us determined to get Chris that PCA, lol.)

fantastica wrote:i am absolutely certain that chris auditioned for this part. there's no way they are going to let an American actor, no matter how famous/popular he is, play a quintessential british cultural icon w/o at least seeing him talk and act. remember not all american actors can do convincing british accents, and NC had a distinctive way of talking. chris may still need dialect coaches but he was naturally very good at mimicing. remember he and Oliver did their Downton Abbey ad lib last season? he sounded pretty good imitating the head cook. also, this project has been blessed by the Coward Estate. i am sure that if they think Chris is the wrong person playing their father/grandfather/uncle convincingly they would have interfered, as Chris signed on to this project long time ago.
I have no doubt that Chris will nail the accent. First of all, as you said, he must have auditioned for this role and if they didn't think he could do the accent he wouldn't have gotten the part.
And he did so many voices in his audioboook, ranging from highpitched (from harp, little fairies to silly Red) to low growles (from bear, wolves to magic mirrors), and some of them had a hint of an accent.
There's of course the Downtown Abbey impression, and do you remember that bts video of the very first Glee photoshoot (when they took photos on a football field) when Chris said something in a British accent (something about tea). That was pretty spot on too.

I'll see if I can find that video.
-ETA- I found it!!! Chris doing the British accent is at 1.40:

I don't think we have to worry about Chris not being able to get the accent right, nor the distinct way of talking Noel Coward did.

It will be interesting to hear him sing with that voice too though.  hapitgh 

now we are just waiting for the news about the other A-listers formally joining the cast. Since Chris was probably the first one who signed on, i am sure these actors all knew who they will be potentially working with. they obviously trust chris' ability to play the lead. nobody is willing to join a project that they sure will fail. this movie is a biopic. if the lead cannot carry the show, there's no show, period, no matter how strong the supporting cast is.
Hee, I just posted something similar in the 'Noel' movie thread.
They are putting a lot of weight and responsibility on Chris' shoulders, so they must be certain he has the talent and skills to pull this off.
So proud.  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/16/2014, 10:52 am

We also have to remember that the movie is focusing on Noel's early life. While Chris will need a good diction coach for the British accent, he may not have to do the excessive rolling R's and super staccato speech. I'm sure he'll be great.   Smile
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/16/2014, 11:47 am

Such emotions I felt seeing that photo shoot prior to the show airing in Season one!

Cory saying the show was edgy and quirky...  :( 

Cory is gone and so is that signature tone of Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/16/2014, 12:43 pm

TimF wrote:We also have to remember that the movie is focusing on Noel's early life. While Chris will need a good diction coach for the British accent, he may not have to do the excessive rolling R's and super staccato speech. I'm sure he'll be great.   Smile

Yeah, that makes sense, since Noel Coward specially cultivated his accent. By the way, I love your avatar.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/16/2014, 12:54 pm

I suspect the film will show the evolution of the  young Noel Coward becoming "Noel Coward the persona", with his sense of style, pananache and voice patterns among other things...

So, so excited...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/16/2014, 1:02 pm

Ireth wrote:
TimF wrote:We also have to remember that the movie is focusing on Noel's early life. While Chris will need a good diction coach for the British accent, he may not have to do the excessive rolling R's and super staccato speech. I'm sure he'll be great.   Smile

Yeah, that makes sense, since Noel Coward specially cultivated his accent. By the way, I love your avatar.

That avatar is from my all-time favorite Chris Colfer fanart on tumblr (or part of the best). The drawing is stunning and lets me yearn for assassin-Chris  coool 

So Tim, agreed, great avatar.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/16/2014, 1:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
TBH: I would have been more than thrilled if he had gotten a decent supporting role as a first gig after Glee, like in 'Prop 8' or as James Dean in the Montgomery Clift movie.
 I still want/wish those for Chris.  Riener says he wants to Film the "8" play properly, I"m hoping like an HBO movie.

Gimme.  Gimme.  Gimme.

We want more.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Baby-eating-candy2
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/16/2014, 2:52 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Ireth wrote:

That avatar is from my all-time favorite Chris Colfer fanart on tumblr (or part of the best). The drawing is stunning and lets me yearn for assassin-Chris  coool 

So Tim, agreed, great avatar.

Thanks. That pic is one of my favorites as well and was just reblogged by someone I follow this morning.  I figured change is good.  Smile
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/16/2014, 5:13 pm

Taking this to Noel thread.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/16/2014, 9:54 pm

I saw some old video brought back of Chris from very early Glee. One of my favorites was one that was done when the series first came out and the makers of Glee were a panel at Outfest. Chris was so nervous and unused to being interviewed. He gave some very funny quips - especially about how he got to audition for the part. I'm posting all the videos - with the times when Chris gave his responses.

at 545:

@235:

012 and 0755:

Hilarious.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2014, 6:46 am

^Oh, I love the Glee panel Outfest interview.
All the interviews with a bunch of the cast are very nice and funny, imo, especially those from the early years.  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/17/2014, 11:03 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_mdm1g5Zs1B1qbdgcdo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_mdm1g5Zs1B1qbdgcdo2_500

These are from a commercial for NAHYP (National Arts and Humanties Youth Program).

http://www.nahyp.org/
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2014, 10:44 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo1_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo8_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo3_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo4_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo5_r1_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo6_r1_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo2_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5qd69Bme51qkskzzo7_250

"I think I just want to leave my mark in some way. I hope I leave the world a better place than it was when I came, and I think the best way I can do that is through acting and writing, and hopefully it will make a difference someday."
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/17/2014, 11:47 pm

"The Little Leftover Witch" was shelved, because Chris was meant to produce it as well as write for it.

Disney were going to wait until "Wizards Of Waverley" finished as they didn't want to have two shows that were similar.

Then Chris's Glee schedule got in the way, so it stayed shelved.

As Chris has not talked about this project in a long time, maybe he isn't interested in doing it anymore, or just doesn't want the responsibility to having to produce a whole show if the show is picked up.  saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 12:26 am

don't worry. a project can be picked up when the timing is better. more shows are shelved/delayed than picked up. that's just the way of life. chris has a long career ahead of him. there will be time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 1:20 am

This is from an anon so it could be true or not.  neutre 

But apparently the theme for Chris's birthday party next week is Favourite Literary Characters.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 1:25 am

i predict that chris will be Froggie.  Razz  it can double as his next halloween costume.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 1:33 am

fantastica wrote:i predict that chris will be Froggie.  Razz  it can double as his next halloween costume.

I love that idea.  Razz 

Will can be one of the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park as it was a book before it became a movie.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/18/2014, 1:40 am

Well, tumblr is on red alert. We should see something by early morning.

I know a lot of Chris fans who won't be getting much sleep tonight.  moque 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 1:41 am

Adam Lambert will be at Chris's party.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 1:47 am

did somebody said earlier that she was bored w/ tumblr?  Smile  here we go!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next