Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Lottie2303 4/11/2014, 11:32 am

^ I was wondering about Lea's album. I tried to find sale numbers, but everything online is about the sales in the first week of March and afterwards it is just a blank state. Can we assume her album was not successful? And no, I do not mean this ill spirited but with sincere curiosity.

Darren's interview sounds like a typical answer from someone who never had to deal with bullying or even being disliked. I suspect Darren always had friends and school was a nice time. So instead of having compassion who had lesser experiences (aka: the initial audience and half the cast of Glee!!!), he somehow assumes his perspective is the only correct one. It is a very arrogant, ignorant and false opinion to have. As someone who was never bullied, but for whatever reason just not liked during my HS period, there is no feeling to describe to enter a room full of people knowing no one wants to have you there (or even worse, are so indifferent that you do not even exist in their periphery).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2014, 11:35 am

Oh, I'm glad that Chris isn't in all these pictures with these three. I think I'm just growing tired of the three of them pushing daleastreet as a thing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 4/11/2014, 11:58 am

Ranwing wrote:

Chris is busy with Will, writing the next volume in TLOS, planning his book tour for A Grim Warning, working on his voice over for Robodog and now filming HIC. So am not shedding too many tears that he's not hanging out with Lea and the bros.

Not forgetting working on glee, recording songs for glee, whoa I am exhausted just thinking of it all, when does the boy rest?
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/11/2014, 12:36 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I was wondering about Lea's album. I tried to find sale numbers, but everything online is about the sales in the first week of March and afterwards it is just a blank state. Can we assume her album was not successful? And no, I do not mean this ill spirited but with sincere curiosity.

I just checked the Itunes chart - Louder is not in the top 100. Nor is her single. I'm checking the Billboard charts as well and it's at 166 (and falling). I'm not hearing anything about the release of another single anytime soon and except for her proposed summer tour (which I expect to be very small), she's not really been doing any promotion lately. I think that it's going to be considered a very minor success at best.

Darren's interview sounds like a typical answer from someone who never had to deal with bullying or even being disliked. I suspect Darren always had friends and school was a nice time. So instead of having compassion who had lesser experiences (aka: the initial audience and half the cast of Glee!!!), he somehow assumes his perspective is the only correct one. It is a very arrogant, ignorant and false opinion to have. As someone who was never bullied, but for whatever reason just not liked during my HS period, there is no feeling to describe to enter a room full of people knowing no one wants to have you there (or even worse, are so indifferent that you do not even exist in their periphery).  

Anyone who has been bullied, or at least didn't exist in the upper levels of the popularity chain will know that Darren is full of shit. And it's the height of arrogance to state that because it's not within your personal experience it means that the rest of us are deluding ourselves about how signifigant a problem bullying and the segregation of different social groups in high school are.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/11/2014, 2:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:...
Can Rachel get that Hollywood contract, move to LA and take Blaine and Sam with her?

Then Santana can move back into the loft again. Or Artie. Or Mercedes, as she will have lost her roommates.
Kurt, Artie, Santana and Mercedes together in the loft in NY: now that's a show I'd want to watch (and throw in some Elliot, Sabastian or Adam C. as well).

Smile I'm glad you're in a positive mood.

@Ranwing, is true that Lea loves everyone, and also has been criticized for it as for some people seems she approaches to some specific people as she needs attention. Having said that and if this were the case, is good for her to be along Darren and Chord? Even if Lea's album is not having the success she expected, for me she's still doing better than them.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/12/2014, 4:54 am

brisallie wrote:
@Ranwing, is true that Lea loves everyone, and also has been criticized for it as for some people seems she approaches to some specific people as she needs attention. Having said that and if this were the case, is good for her to be along Darren and Chord? Even if Lea's album is not having the success she expected, for me she's still doing better than them.

I'm actually of the opinion that this is just 3 friends hanging out and it's all innocent. But your post made me have this snarky thought that maybe she likes being seen with them because she stands out as the most successful of the bunch.  tonguue 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/12/2014, 12:20 pm

I don't care if Chris and Lea aren't besties any more. He's hanging out with Will and great friends so if he's on only a cordial relationship with the rest of the cast, that's fine with me. They just have to work together, not spend every waking moment in one another's company.

Ireth wrote:
brisallie wrote:

I'm actually of the opinion that this is just 3 friends hanging out and it's all innocent. But your post made me have this snarky thought that maybe she likes being seen with them because she stands out as the most successful of the bunch. tonguue

And let's be realistic. If Chris was there, he would blow all three of them out of the water with his outside successes. Lea got an album which, to put it generously, was not met with any critical acclaim and underperformed in sales. She's got an animated film coming out where she did the lead voice, but the clips I've seen of the animation look really awful so I don't know how much of a success it will be at this point. Her upcoming book is a fluff piece that I don't think anyone realistically thinks she did the majority of the writing for. And her most recent accomplishment is to join Chord and Darren in being paid to promote a brand at Coachella #which isn't awful, just empty shilling#.

Chris has two best selling books on his resume and has a multi-book contract for more in the series. He has sold screenplays and has been invited to write a script for Glee. He has an upcoming animated film that looks to be of good quality. He has been invited to be on multiple outside shows, including Jane's game show and now a critically acclaimed and popular cable sitcom #where there is the potential for him to make return appearances since his character is linked to one of the leads#. Not to crap on Lea, because she really is talented and should do well in this business, but I just think that Chris is smarter with his career choices than she has been and he's not worrying about trying to build up things that really are pretty meaningless. Except for some very immature fans who imagine all kinds of deep friendships and romantic entanglements among the Glee cast, is anyone really going to care that Chris isn't going out of his way to hang out with Lea and the guys?

Last edited by Ranwing on 4/12/2014, 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2014, 12:39 pm

As regards Coachella, if I remember well Lea has never been there, I might be wrong and she had been, but was very low profile. However, it took me by surprise she's going this year to promote a brand, does she really need that? For what I've seen she's doing well selling some products such as L'oreal.

Putting any speculation, or critic aside, I still think Lea is a talented girl and hopefully she takes the right choices.

Speaking of the cast,since the moment everybody started to have projects unrelated to Glee, I realized this cast might probably not be the family they say they're. What I believe is all of them get along well, but are not besties or go everywhere together.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/12/2014, 12:54 pm

Sorry but I call a double standard here. Nobody bitches if Lea is pictured with Chris on set or on some photo, so it's not a big deal that she's pictured with Chord and Darren.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/12/2014, 1:02 pm

Buenos wrote:Sorry but I call a double standard here.   Nobody bitches if Lea is pictured with Chris on set or on some photo, so it's not a big deal that she's pictured with Chord and Darren.

I don't think it's a big deal either. But you know that Chris's detractors will use this as ammunition that he's not liked by the rest of the cast because he doesn't socialize with them as much as he used to.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/12/2014, 1:06 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:Sorry but I call a double standard here.   Nobody bitches if Lea is pictured with Chris on set or on some photo, so it's not a big deal that she's pictured with Chord and Darren.

I don't think it's a big deal either. But you know that Chris's detractors will use this as ammunition that he's not liked by the rest of the cast because he doesn't socialize with them as much as he used to.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/12/2014, 1:08 pm

^This.

Plus it's not just an occasional picture or 2 from set; it's multiple pictures of the "power trio" tweeted by all of them in a short period of time, with the whole try-hard (notice meeeee!!!!!!!We're so cute together!!!!) Daleastreet shipname tagging.

It's still their own business, and it indeed shouldn't be a big deal, if it wasn't so obvious that these 3 are practically begging for the fandom to make it a big deal.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2014, 1:16 pm

@Buenos, you have a point that is not out our issue if Lea hangs out with Darren and Chord, but for some it might be seen suspiciously that suddently they're taking lots of pics together, it might be they always get along well but now they spend more hours together as they have more scenes together as well. But also for some people, and this is something that came from seasons ago, that why is Chris left out? Why don't we see Chris hanging out with the cast? Personally I believe he prefers to be with his bf, or is too busy with his schedule.

And as regards the double standard, I'm trying to think that what is actually going on is we're Chris fans and we want him to be involved in everything. And seeing these pics seems like Chord and Darren are taking over. But this's my opinion only, I'm not in the mind of eveybody else.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/12/2014, 1:21 pm

Eh, I think they have all, as in cast and crew, been told to up the social media and fandom engagement and / or a lot of them have decided off their own backs to engage even more to keep fandom on side due to Glee's collapse in the ratings. It's no coincidence that the hair, make up etc people have really more than ever tweeted in the last months. Lea, Chord and Darren are just doing the same.

Chris, around S3, backed off on social media a bit and used it in a more focused way for projects. Two reasons probably: 1) As his stock rose and he branched out professionally and privately, his privacy became more important to him and he needed a bit more distance from fandom. 2) He probably doesn't have as much time and energy with all the projects he has on the go.

Add to that that as time passed, it became clear that whilst being friends and / or friendly with all the cast, Chris tends to relate more closely to a few from the crew, some older cast and crew and some friends from off-Glee, as well as Ashley of course. He also now has a boyfriend and a widened circle again from his friends. Immature people will always find some reason to make some big drama. All that has happened is that Chris is no longer a fresh-faced 18 year old with Glee as his only project and the Glee cast as his only friends. He grew up, branched out, got busy. No more, no less, I expect.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/12/2014, 1:22 pm

About Lea and promotion.

Lea and Chris are very rarely on a pic for Glee. When they are, there is no self-invented ship name created ever (correct me if I am wrong, but Lea and Chris also never had a ship name).

Also, Lea apparently earns 15.000$ just to attend Coachella and wearing some clothes. I will side-eye everyone.

And last but not least, I am honest and admit so side-eye all three of them. All of them failed in the past to venture out of Glee (and Lea and I was willing to be wrong, but I am not surprised), while Chris succeeded for very under appreciated business sectors.

I am here for Chris anyway and dislike 90% of the cast. I accept different opinions, but well, I have mine. Won't change.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/12/2014, 1:28 pm

I'll be honest... I'm glad that Chris's social life doesn't revolve around the rest of the cast. I'm delighted that he's not only got a great boyfriend who clearly adores him, but real friends made up of both members of the cast (like Dot, Oliver, and Adam) who spend time with Chris because they just love spending time with him. When they tweet images of them doing things together, it's not to try to get publicity, but just because they want to share the fun with the fans. You don't see any of them trying to create a "ship" name about their friendships.

Lea's a lovely girl but if there is one thing that's always stood out to me is that she is always performing. When she's in the public eye in any way, it's all a show. She's just recasting the parts of her friends. I'm sure that she genuinely likes everyone that she works with, but her OTT pronouncements of how much she loves everyone and everything (all with equal enthusiasm) just makes it hard to see her as genuine.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/12/2014, 1:36 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:About Lea and promotion.

Lea and Chris are very rarely on a pic for Glee. When they are, there is no self-invented ship name created ever (correct me if I am wrong, but Lea and Chris also never had a ship name).

Also, Lea apparently earns 15.000$ just to attend Coachella and wearing some clothes. I will side-eye everyone.

And last but not least, I am honest and admit so side-eye all three of them. All of them failed in the past to venture out of Glee (and Lea and I was willing to be wrong, but I am not surprised), while Chris succeeded for very under appreciated business sectors.

I am here for Chris anyway and dislike 90% of the cast. I accept different opinions, but well, I have mine. Won't change.

Hey I don't mind your honesty.  At least you call a spade a spade.  It annoys you to see those three in a photo Just because you don't like them.  

Just my opinion, if someone wanted to pay me $ 15,000 just to attend a concert and wear some clothes, I would do it in a split second and I woudn't give a flying fuck who side eyed me.

Those three could be doing charitable work and people would still side eyed, if the wore red they would be side eyed, if we're being honest about our personal opinions.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2014, 1:38 pm

@Lottie, Chris and Lea actually have a ship name Colchele.

@Ranwing, I'm also glad he has widened his circle of friends. I think he's currently surrounded by a group of people that genuinly loves him, and support him.

As regards Lea, I also believe she's a lovely girl who loves this cast, and when it comes to Chris, I truly believe she likes him. But by other side, is also true she speaks about everyone as if they were their besties, as it were the most special people ever. However, and having said this, I believe sometimes is so hard to know who are real friends or not, for instance I'm sure Chris and Amber are close, but hardly ever we see pics of them together, but it may be they prefer to keep it low profile. We probably will never know what happens off screen, off media...

Unless is published a book with the real story of Glee.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/12/2014, 2:01 pm

Buenos wrote:Hey I don't mind your honesty.  At least you call a spade a spade.  It annoys you to see those three in a photo Just because you don't like them.  

Just my opinion, if someone wanted to pay me $ 15,000 just to attend a concert and wear some clothes, I would do it in a split second and I woudn't give a flying fuck who side eyed me.

Those three could be doing charitable work and people would still side eyed, if the wore red they would be side eyed, if we're being honest about our personal opinions.

As I said, I do not mind honesty as well. I know my opinion can be extreme, still I I respect it when people have different options with good argument and respect it as well.

I do not mind Lea. But I dislike her. I admit. Thanks you for "Cochele", even tough that was a fan name (??!). Which was the precise arugument, as Lea/Darren/Chord just crated fanname by themselves?

I would take the money is an instant as well, not gonna lie. Still, I dislike how certain people can earn a lot of money for so much non sense. Believe me, I would have without a shadow of doubt the same opinion of Chris.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2014, 2:59 pm

perhaps you guys over-reacted a bit? it's just 3 people taking pictures on/off the set. no big deal. at least i don't care.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/12/2014, 3:28 pm

I don't think anybody cares if they hang out together or not but that they always add things like "power trio" or "blainchel/daleastreet is on" to their photos and it's becoming kind of annoying.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/12/2014, 3:31 pm

sheny wrote:I don't think anybody cares if they hang out together or not but that they always add things like "power trio" or "blainchel/daleastreet is on" to their photos and it's becoming kind of annoying.

I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/12/2014, 3:46 pm

sheny wrote:I don't think anybody cares if they hang out together or not but that they always add things like "power trio" or "blainchel/daleastreet is on" to their photos and it's becoming kind of annoying.
This.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/12/2014, 4:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
This.

Exactly. It's one thing if the fans give the grouping a fan name, but to do it themselves comes across as calculating and an effort to get attention. And declaring themselves a power trio? Please...  vexe 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/12/2014, 4:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^This.

Plus it's not just an occasional picture or 2 from set; it's multiple pictures of the "power trio" tweeted by all of them in a short period of time, with the whole try-hard (notice meeeee!!!!!!!We're so cute together!!!!) Daleastreet shipname tagging.

It's still their own business, and it indeed shouldn't be a big deal, if it wasn't so obvious that these 3 are practically begging for the fandom to make it a big deal.  Rolling Eyes

This is it.  The reason why I say I reeks of desperation is because it has been happening a lot in the past month and also the fact that there never seemed to be much of a connection between darren and chord with Lea until blam moved to New York (even before the split the narrative).  The amount of pics tweeted amongst the three if them in the past month just really seems that either the three of them decided to start pushing them as a trio or it was encouraged by RIB to make people more excited about blam in ny (i.e. So people will say if Lea likes blam it must be good).

I don't care who hangs out with who. I just think this daleastreet thing is a bit forced
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next