Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  AnneNeville 11/18/2013, 10:18 pm

I was agreeing with you and making explicit that it was a per-episode/every episode of the season kind of deal. I didn't mean to seem like I was arguing.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 10:21 pm

I have a cold and feel like hell so sorry in advance if this comes across as being a bit pissy.

My guess is that show signed the noobs to regular status in order to try to force Fox to accept the McKinley storyline since they were obligated to pay the noobs for the season whether they were used or not. Whether or not that plan is working depends on a lot of factors.

First, how much are these kids are actually being paid. I think it is far, far below what Lea, Chris, Jane and Matt get now and even far less than what the original cast earned the first season. If they're working for less than had been paid any of the old regulars in season 4 who were basically left sitting on the shelf until they were needed for The Very Special Episodes that they were trotted out for every now and then, then the show might be able to swallow writing off that expense as the price to be paid for saving the show. It's also a question of how long the noobs were signed for. Given that Glee is set to expire after next season, the network would have been stupid to agree to sign them for more than this season. I would expect that they got signed for the season with the network having the option to extend the contract after renegotiation if the cast member proved usable.

A lot will also depend upon any clauses written into the contract. Entertainment employers have been known to write in stipulations that allow the employer to cancel the contract if they feel it's necessary. This allows them to remove cast who don't work out, or are disruptive. I don't think that the noobs have a whole lot of power when it came to negotiating their contracts and very likely had to take whatever the network was willing to offer. If Fox decides to put a stop to this nonsense and clean house with the cast, it would make sense for them to cancel out the contracts, pay off the actors for the remainder of the season and shift focus the way they made it abundantly clear that they wanted to in the first place.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/19/2013, 7:18 am

I have long abandonned any kind of hope that Blaine would be treated as anything less than the super golden boy of the show. When you see that RM tweeted a pic of Darren labelling him "Teenage Dream", how would you not expect him to make Blaine the center of his fantasies and it to the audience as the 8th Wonder?

Wether we like it or not here, Blaine will constantly be promoted as the embodiement of perfection, will never be put at fault for anything he does, and we have still 1 season and a half of Glee characters fawning over him. There is some irritation towards this increasing in the fandom, and the some comments on forums here and there tends to prove that some people are starting to get fed up with Blaine, but I think that our general dislike of Blaine over here makes us forget that there is a part of the audience that unfortunately does love this character, including the critics/reviewers. I trust RIB to cling to this particular audience to justify to themselves that they are right in making Blaine be "Mr-Perfect", and for the rest of the fandom, RM will treat them as he did for Brittania, i.e. tackle them through tacky 4th wall breaking, just to have a character be the mouthpiece to basically tell us "you don't like him or Blam? Well suck it because I am the showrunner and I give you the middle finger". so yes, be ready to be force fed with the awesomeness of Blaine and his best (fuck)buddy Sam for the next 38 episodes (if they manage to get a 6th season, that is).

As for Klaine, the show doesn't even try to make them be a couple beyond "Pretty boys kisses (once a season!)" and the stupid "But they are ENDGAAAAAME". When you have to hear Kurt sing "You never let me down" to a guy who cheated on him for no more reason than "but you didn't hang up in the millisecond I call you", well eff' yourself, Glee-writers.

And finally, I can take absurd, I can take politically uncorrect, I can take bad taste writing, but I HATE being taken for a moron. The ND were disqualified from Sectionals, they should never have even participated to Regionals, but, hey!! Fanwank!! Rachel was on a cruise with her Dads and Santana wasn't even in NY last year, even less "friends" with Kurt and Rachel, but Fanwank!!! Joe and sugar were part of the ND, but Fanwank!! FINN WAS ALIVE AND IN CHARGE OF ND WHILE SHUE WAS AWAY, BUT LET'S SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG!!

I'll be abroad for 3 weeks after this Thursday's episode and won't be able to unload my fuel during this time, so I'll miss episodes 7 and 8, but I'm not sure I'll bother try to watch Glee when I'm back. I love, love Chris, but even him can't make me still watch a show that disrespects its viewers so much.

coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/19/2013, 12:22 pm

^ That is my biggest complain. RIB treat us like idiots and seem to embrace the non-sense continuity as some kind of reward. However it is only destroying Glee, but also makes me very dubious for any future projects of the three of them, as I know how quickly and badly all of them utterly can fuck up amazing projects with so much potential.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/19/2013, 12:29 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ That is my biggest complain. RIB treat us like idiots and seem to embrace the non-sense continuity as some kind of reward. However it is only destroying Glee, but also makes me very dubious for any future projects of the three of them, as I know how quickly and badly all of them utterly can fuck up amazing projects with so much potential.  
This is an odd thought . . . but is there any chance that for some reason the Glee team considers broken continuity some kind of "aesthetic choice" that is "artistic"?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/19/2013, 12:33 pm

^ I think they stopped caring, and treat the non-existential continuity as a quirky trait that defines Glee blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2013, 12:35 pm

AnneNeville wrote:This is an odd thought . . . but is there any chance that for some reason the Glee team considers broken continuity some kind of "aesthetic choice" that is "artistic"?
Not on purpose, or at least not before, but maybe by now they have adapted it (or convneced themselves) as their way of being highly artistically 'inspired'.
Lol. pijano

I just realized something:
If this next Christmas episode will replace the canon of the previous episode, then Burt never got cancer.
As a result Kurt would not have been in Lima to sing 'You Are The Sunshine of My Life' to Burt, and that would mean that he and Blaine never went on a double date with the jewelstore lesbians, nor that Kurt would be in Lima during Beatles week, so no getting back together and no proposal for Klaine.

That's how screwed up the canon of Glee will be, and the writers don't give a damn. notall
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 12:56 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I think they stopped caring, and treat the non-existential continuity as a quirky trait that defines Glee blinkk 
I think it started as a joke when Glee first was called out on its inconsistencies but it became the mantra quite quickly...

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 12:58 pm

Still boggles my mind they had to give Burt fucking cancer to force Kurt to go back to Lima.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2013, 1:03 pm

^Well..... strictly they gave Burt cancer so Klaine could have their Klistmas duet.

Yeah, not really a better reason at all. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/19/2013, 1:15 pm

Worse: Burt still had cancer but instead of going to NY tell it to his son, he was conforted by Blaine, who stayed in Lima!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/19/2013, 1:18 pm

coxfire wrote:Worse: Burt still had cancer but instead of going to NY tell it to his son, he was conforted by Blaine, who stayed in Lima!
Oh god. Are we going to get the scene where Burt tells Blaine about his diagnosis and the latter convinces him to give him to Kurt as a present?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/19/2013, 9:08 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
coxfire wrote:Worse: Burt still had cancer but instead of going to NY tell it to his son, he was conforted by Blaine, who stayed in Lima!
Oh god. Are we going to get the scene where Burt tells Blaine about his diagnosis and the latter convinces him to give him to Kurt as a present?
There has been nothing about Mike O' Malley being on set.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/19/2013, 9:26 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
There has been nothing about Mike O' Malley being on set.
Nah, i was just kidding and anticipating Glee's writers "explanation" that Burt still had cancer and came up with the worst case scenario

Mike won't be there, i don't even know if the writers will remember that his relationship with Kurt used to be a highlight on this show (before they threw him under the Blainebus). I wonder if they still remember Kurt even has a Dad.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/19/2013, 10:15 pm

^ kurt didnt' have a brother for 2 yrs. neutre and everybody has amnesia.

i wonder why they didn't go to the AU route. at least that would be fun. they are already defying time and space. might as well go to the 9th dimension after all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2013, 5:32 am

The Ass lickers, especially in hypothetical forums are fascinating creatures.

Even now, they claim preference for Lima because, so help me,
Colorful sets and costumes...

WTF, what about colorful characters, I think that counts for more. But PRIMARY COLORS represents better stories and ratings...

And of course Glee is stabilizing to a "core niche audience". I can imagine a 1.1/3 million live would suit them fine if it's stable.
I love the argument " there is nothing Glee could have done, or can do, it was going to decline anyways."
IOW, Glee was going to get to 1.4 Demo no matter would they would have done. JFC, I understand being a stan, but grow a brain why don't you.

Then the rationale that FOX cannot upset Ryan Murphy.Shocked

We hear NY is boring so it must stay at 10 minutes per screen time because there isn't enough characters over there. "Negative" talk is ok as long as its directed to NY characters and setting. Of course mentioning what a crappy job the writers have done with TINA is verboten and prohibited because that is too negative. Then it goes back a 1001 reasons why NY characters MUST NOT get screen time now...it would sink the show !!

Listen idiots, here's an idea give the NY characters a half a dozen episodes as the main focus NOW and then let's see what happens. But of course the asslicking hypocrites can't have that unless the rating juggernaut of Blam is transferred over. Because it's BLAM and it's been so successful after over a year. Of course that gets mixed in the Glee Choir is the bestest ever in it's history, I mean they are so close and the Noobs are united, they never fight, they are not ambitious and driven, they are sweet , they don't have any of that messy "tension" the old group had. Marley and Jake are riveting central figures . Cheating SL's are OK because they are "different' this time.

A NY centric narrative NOW scares them shitless., beside the public may not like it and the ratings may decline.....what's that, they already have?

So their rationale is : Continue the course because nothing the show runners do could have stopped the ratings decline.

The beauty is that since they are stans of certain characters, they would rather run buck naked through a room full of rattlesnakes then admit that maybe Glee should give other lead characters a chance, nope, can't happen, not colorful enough the public "loves" New New Direction.

Of course when Graduations comes, then the screams will be "GIVE NY More screentime"

Hypocritical asslickers. Especially the ones who claim thay love Kurt so much (but are OK with limiting his screentime)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 6:24 pm

This voting thing is really ripping everything apart this year. I see it turning even worse in the coming weeks. All the way to the insane christmas episode and now the Trevor Live.

I do admit that Chris fans have been brutally honest and vocal this week about how they feel but I think a lot of us, and especially Kurtsies, are at the end of their rope and are now fully saying what they feel and quite rightfully so. Be prepared to be called crazy, nuts, bitches, petty and negative.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/20/2013, 6:32 pm

What have we been brutally honest about this week that we have kept under wraps before? Is this mostly about the PCAs? Or other things too?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2013, 6:47 pm

^I think it's mostly exposing the cheating of the Klainers, and that Kurtsies are voting actively against Klaine for the PCA-s and are open and outright about that.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/20/2013, 6:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I think it's mostly exposing the cheating of the Klainers, and that Kurtsies are voting actively against Klaine for the PCA-s and are open and outright about that.
Ah. Well, I voted a few times for Chris but I can't really get enthusiastic about an award that is based on voting fans rather than talent or performance. If I were voting, I would vote against Klaine, too. I hate to think of such an awful "ship" winning and getting more validation and publicity!

The PCA cheating is appalling. I am trying to figure out whether it's just Darren-stans cheating, or whether all stans are cheating and my tumblr dash is just filled with Chris fans who are pointing out those cheating against them. No 

Last edited by AnneNeville on 11/20/2013, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 6:52 pm

AnneNeville wrote:What have we been brutally honest about this week that we have kept under wraps before? Is this mostly about the PCAs? Or other things too?
All of the stuff that for instance has been "hidden" out of courtecy from the Blarren fans, out of their tags, even the little provocative stuff. A whole new set of Darren fans have ran into the lol-klaine tags which some lighthead is taking out of context and posting them for the general tags for instance. I've truly been suprised that person hasn't quoted any of posters here.

And yes I do feel the PCAs are a factor. Some Darren fans seem very, very irritated that Chris leads the public side of the voting and some of them feel like our Blaine hate is directed at Darren. And yes personally I do feel sometimes even we mix Darren and Blaine joyously.

I don't know, maybe they are searching for a reason to attack and this is all turning to apeshit soon.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/20/2013, 6:55 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:What have we been brutally honest about this week that we have kept under wraps before? Is this mostly about the PCAs? Or other things too?
All of the stuff that for instance has been "hidden" out of courtecy from the Blarren fans, out of their tags, even the little provocative stuff. A whole new set of Darren fans have ran into the lol-klaine tags which some lighthead is taking out of context and posting them for the general tags for instance. I've truly been suprised that person hasn't quoted any of posters here.

And yes I do feel the PCAs are a factor. Some Darren fans seem very, very irritated that Chris leads the public side of the voting and some of them feel like our Blaine hate is directed at Darren. And yes personally I do feel sometimes even we mix Darren and Blaine joyously.

I don't know, maybe they are searching for a reason to attack and this is all turning to apeshit soon.
I think that we tend to confuse them from time to time, since both have been overexposed to a certain degree. It isn't necessarily fair when our dislike of the character flows into the actor and vice versa. However, it is possible to dislike both on their own merits.

I don't dislike Darren, but I am rather tired of seeing and hearing him due to Glee.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2013, 7:03 pm

I have nothing against Darren as a person, so I think bashing an actor is just plain silly.  Like when Norweigan Wood was throwing shade to Chris for not attending the TCA claiming he'd rather chat with old ladies and children as a priority over honoring Cory.  But of course crap like that is OK.

It's the hypocrisy which is grating.

For the record, I also think it's silly to vote against anybody, I'd rather vote for something I like.  Personally I think if Klaine won for best  chemistry it reflects well on Chris who always has good rapport with his fellow actors.

However I do think that the "Castle " couple has way more chemistry so I sometimes voted for them because.....DUH... I think they do have the best chemistry.

It's not a vote "against" Klaine, but that's just me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2013, 7:16 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I don't know, maybe they are searching for a reason to attack and this is all turning to apeshit soon.
With Chris and Darren both being nominated for a PCA, and Klaine as well, I think that all the frustrations and anger Kurtsies have about Glee, excuse me...Blee is coming to the surface, and it's being targeted at those same PCA-s.

Last year we wanted Chris to win to show Fox that they sidelined their most popular male actor on the show. But nothing happened.
This year that need for Chris to win has come back with a vengeance, because they treated Kurt even worse after Chris won that PCA. Kurt and Blaine got engaged, and oh so many other things went so terribly wrong with Glee, and the spoilers are still bringing bad news for the next episodes.

Add to that frustrations about the hypocrisy from the fans "who love both guys", the crisscolfers bothering Chris and Will, obnoxious Klainers/Blainers, Chris' tumblr tag being more a Darren Criss/Klaine tag than a Chris Colfer tag, and continued bickering about how abusive a relationship Klaine is, and you have a boiling kettle that is almost bursting because of all the steam that wants to get out.

On the other side the Blainers/Klainers are getting nervous because there is so much criticism aimed at Blaine/Darren and Klaine, and because the ratings of Glee are dropping to sub-basement levels while their fave is the lead.
And they fear a reduced screentime for Blaine if the show moves to New York.

The PCA is the 'measurable' popularity contest, and as who's the most popular of the 2 actors is a powerful validation for these fandoms at war, a lot is riding on who wins that PCA.
Same goes for the onscreen chemistry award, as winning that award would be a 'validation' for the Klainers, and they will (wrongfully) connect a PCA win to it being proof that Klaine is not an abusive, toxic relationship, or why else would they win a PCA?

So everyone is focusing on those awards. Hence the frantic voting, the cheating, the butting heads posts, the anti-voting.
And with the Trevor live mess (which has now both Chris and Darren there while Chris might not perform anymore), plus the usual ship wars (now that Starchild has arrived and Kurt is shackled to Blaine and RIB make sure that the audience knows that every episode), things are getting uglier and uglier.

Maybe when the PCA-s are announced it will quiet down again, but to be honest I don't believe that: I think there's so much bad blood that can't be erased anymore that there will be a permanent 'war' state between the 2 fandoms from now on, especially when Blam will invade New York.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/20/2013, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 7:26 pm

^Yes on all points!

I'm finding it hard not to reasponse to the provokations I'm seeing. I just need that one push directed at me for me to be turning into angry Hummelwhore. Which in my opinion is sickly clever insult that I ran into months ago by a Darren fan. I want to adopt that into the fandom, own it.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next