Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

+28
MoviesAreLife
Piciollina
sjonnepon
angelnessa
Georgette888
valkeakuulas
Delight
M&M
Divalicious
Ireth
ColdFlame96
SippyCupofLuv
coxfire
Lottie2303
sheny
opals
arina
fantastica
bayth
AnneNeville
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
brisallie
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
32 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

Post  ColferInspired 10/23/2013, 9:30 am

Ranwing wrote:I really have to state that I am not at all happy with these spoilers. First of all, why the hell is Rachel involved with Kurt's band? Isn't she supposed to be busy with Funny Girl? Last time I checked, rehersals for lead players in major Broadway productions were a full time gig. Why she would become involved with a band that she cannot devote time to makes absolutely no sense at all. And just once, can we get a storyline for Kurt that's actually about Kurt and Kurt alone? Rachel gets her storylines that are all about her, as does Santana. But Kurt has had to share everything the past season. Vogue became less about him that being a means to give Rachel her makeover and Santana some life direction.

Second, I can get why Kurt feels like he's running in place while Rachel and Santana are speeding ahead. It's entirely normal and human to be jealous of their opportunities. And it's not as if the writers had bothered to give him anything to do that is condusive to his storyline beyond getting him engaged to Blaine since the season began. But seriously, this is a guy who not only scored a Vogue internship, but is a student at the top theatrical school in the country? That's hardly standing in place - that's getting prepared for his future career. His prospects can't be compared to Rachel's since the show is insisting upon showing her career in fast foward. And what he's doing cannot be compared to Santana - she did a commerical. It could lead to bigger things, or she could be the next "Where's the beef?" lady. Really would like someone to speak to Kurt rationally and tell him not to be in such a rush, that he's working towards his goals and doing it in a smart way. That he's 19 and not even in NY for a whole year so not immediately getting his big break at this instant doesn't mean that he's got limited potential.

And third... seriously show? Kurt is worried about his prospects as a "mainstream" performer. Of course it's the male gay character that has to worry about that, because as we all know that it's absolutely impossible for gay male performers to become marketable mainstream stars. badday(Apparently no one sent the memo to Chris, Matt Bomer, David Hyde Pierce, Neil Patrick Harris, etc.)
I agree, this is beyond offensive. :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 9:31 am

Yeah, a pure duet for Kurt and Eliott is too much too ask. They rather stick in yet another guest-actress who only tries to promote herself and she/he gets all the songs. dryy 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 9:42 am

Ranwing wrote:I really have to state that I am not at all happy with these spoilers. First of all, why the hell is Rachel involved with Kurt's band? Isn't she supposed to be busy with Funny Girl? Last time I checked, rehersals for lead players in major Broadway productions were a full time gig. Why she would become involved with a band that she cannot devote time to makes absolutely no sense at all. And just once, can we get a storyline for Kurt that's actually about Kurt and Kurt alone? Rachel gets her storylines that are all about her, as does Santana. But Kurt has had to share everything the past season. Vogue became less about him that being a means to give Rachel her makeover and Santana some life direction.

Second, I can get why Kurt feels like he's running in place while Rachel and Santana are speeding ahead. It's entirely normal and human to be jealous of their opportunities. And it's not as if the writers had bothered to give him anything to do that is condusive to his storyline beyond getting him engaged to Blaine since the season began. But seriously, this is a guy who not only scored a Vogue internship, but is a student at the top theatrical school in the country? That's hardly standing in place - that's getting prepared for his future career. His prospects can't be compared to Rachel's since the show is insisting upon showing her career in fast foward. And what he's doing cannot be compared to Santana - she did a commerical. It could lead to bigger things, or she could be the next "Where's the beef?" lady. Really would like someone to speak to Kurt rationally and tell him not to be in such a rush, that he's working towards his goals and doing it in a smart way. That he's 19 and not even in NY for a whole year so not immediately getting his big break at this instant doesn't mean that he's got limited potential.

And third... seriously show? Kurt is worried about his prospects as a "mainstream" performer. Of course it's the male gay character that has to worry about that, because as we all know that it's absolutely impossible for gay male performers to become marketable mainstream stars. badday(Apparently no one sent the memo to Chris, Matt Bomer, David Hyde Pierce, Neil Patrick Harris, etc.)
And some wonder why Rachel isn't the favorite character from everyone. You summarized my main concerns and problems nicely :angry: 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/23/2013, 9:42 am

Elliot could be an interesting character if he's handled right. I haven't heard otherwise but I'm guessing by the makeup and stage name that he's gay, and he's going to be at least a few years older than Kurt. So you've got a madly talented, possibly gay singer looking to join a cover band. Why? My guess is that they're going to mirror Adam Lambert's storyline, that despite his talent he had a hard time getting breaks and was seeing himself rapidly reaching his expiration date as a performer (that was the point that Adam went on American Idol and finally got the focus that he as looking for). If anything, this would play into Kurt's insecurity, that might be his future. That despite all his talent and the training that he's now getting, that his obvious sexuality will hold him back. Kurt can find Elliot threatening because he's so talented and can easily take over what Kurt is trying to accomplish for himself, while Elliot is threatened that here is a younger, equally talented version of himself who still has time to get the chances that he missed out on.

As I said... could be interesting. But i'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Ranwing on 10/23/2013, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/23/2013, 9:43 am

^Honestly?
I think this 'Kurt' storyline is nothing more than more meta from RIB to jack off on the complaints of bitter Kurt stans.

Just look at it:

- Kurt is supposedly jealous of the success of the others, when in canon at the moment he expressed his desire for a Madonna cover band Rachel didn't even have Fanny yet. This is a warped vision that RIB (and Blaine and some Rachel stans) have of the Kurtsies, that we're only butthurt because we're jealous of the other characters/actors.

- Kurt wants to be successful 'mainstream'. Since when? He is the one that said that he's proud to be different and that it would get him out of cowtown Lima, and it did.
Madonna isn't exactly poppy new mainstream either anymore, and why would Kurt feel insecure about that, since he already sang and completely owned a couple of Madonna songs when he was 16 (season 1)?
Imo another dig at the Kurtsies asking for Kurt to be inserted into the pop songs and group numbers they do in ND (and the popular songs their iTunes 'selling' big singers usually get while Kurt gets stuck with strictly Broadway so he doesn't even get the chance to sell well). 

- Kurt getting an 'exclusive' storyline in which he does something to outshine the others for a change, a chance and opportunity to get him singing more, and then it turns out he's still hardly singing at all (remember "Singing, singing singing" from GOBr?), plus he has to share that storyline with Rachel and Santana, again.

- And when he finally sings he has to compete with both Adam Lambert (literally battle against him) and Demi Lovato! Whereas they constantly chicken out to give Rachel a worthy singing opponent. Way to set Kurt up for not outshining them.

Really, this sounds like a big fuck you to the Kurtsies instead of pandering to them.
(And to think that this was Chris' idea in the first place, and Adam asked specifically to work with him, makes my blood boil.)
Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I will never forget for one second that this is Glee we're talking about.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 10/23/2013, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/23/2013, 9:47 am

Ranwing wrote:Elliot could be an interesting character if he's handled right. I haven't heard otherwise but I'm guessing by the makeup and stage name that he's gay, and he's going to be at least a few years older than Kurt. So you've got a madly talented, possibly gay singer looking to join a cover band. Why? My guess is that they're going to mirror Adam Lambert's storyline, that despite his talent he had a hard time getting breaks and was seeing himself rapidly reaching his expiration date as a performer (that was the point that Adam went on American Idol and finally got the focus that he as looking for). If anything, this would play into Kurt's insecurity, that might be his future. That despite all his talent and the training that he's now getting, that his obvious sexuality will hold him back. Kurt can find Elliot threatening because he's so talented and can easily take over what Kurt is trying to accomplish for himself, while Elliot is threatened that here is a younger, equally talented verious of himself who still has time to get the chances that he missed out on.

As I said... could be interesting. But i'm not holding my breath.

Same here. dryy

This has the potential of being something interesting and original for the show, but with their track record, they would never think to give Kurt a story of his own ever again. :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/23/2013, 10:20 am

Glorfindel wrote:- Kurt is supposedly jealous of the success of the others, when in canon at the moment he expressed his desire for a Madonna cover band Rachel didn't even have Fanny yet. This is a warped vision that RIB (and Blaine and some Rachel stans) have of the Kurtsies, that we're only butthurt because we're jealous of the other characters/actors.
I'm not jealous of Rachel's "success". I waver between indifference and irritation because they happen only because Ryan Murphy wants to redo Funny Girl with his prize pony coming out on top (instead of what happened in real life where Lea couldn't even be properly considered for the revival because of her comittement to Glee and despite Lea very much wanting to do it). I'm angry that Kurt can't get a single storyline that is about him and him alone and get a real win for himself where he doesn't immediately have to go soothing Rachel's wounded feelings. This show has made it pretty much impossible to root for Rachel since you know she's going to win regardless. It's not only that she's become boring, but with the deck so heavily stacked in her favor each and every single fucking time, it hits a lot of us squarely in the fairness portion of our brains. I'm sure her stans are delighted with her continued stream of outlandish wins, but the rest of us are fed up.

I wouldn't care if Kurt wasn't winning or only getting marginal roles if he actually had a storyline that was about him and not about him playing cheerleader to Rachel all the time. Or being tied up in Blaine again. I want him to do something where Rachel and Santana aren't intruding. I want his story to be about him and not just a means for showing off everyone else.

Really, this sounds like a big fuck you to the Kurtsies instead of pandering to them.
(And to think that this was Chris' idea in the first place, and Adam asked specifically to work with him, makes my blood boil.)
Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I will never forget for one second that this is Glee we're talking about.
We wouldn't be so pessimistic if we hadn't been kicked in the teeth so many time. How many times have we gotten excited about a spoiler, and then had to walk it back because it turned out to not be good for Kurt at all.

Do you know what I want to see? Besides Rachel have some real struggles (and I'm not optimistic about the show doing that). I want to see Kurt be the absolute star of NYADA, where his talent is recognized and rewarded. Let him get a lead in the year end musical. Let him get praise from his instructors. Let him get feedback from someone respected in the industry that he's got a future in the business and that he should call them once he finished his training. Kurt needs to have more to look forward to in his future than being Rachel's prop or Blaine's trophy husband.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/23/2013, 10:36 am

I would love to see more of Kurt at NYADA.
Maybe see him struggle with becoming a leading man, if he will work to accomplish that, or if he deliberately picks out the supporting roles because he loves them.
And I want to see him get genuinely upset when his teachers praise and appreciate him instead of laugh in his face, like they did in McKinley.
Or I want him navigating between loving to sing with his countertenor voice (and actively searching for musical roles for countertenors in NYADA's library) and the more accepted tenor voice.
Or taking over the Apples now Adam seems to be gone forever. :(

Blegh, I'm just making myself upset and sad. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 10:40 am

I am not going to write long essays, I totally agree with every single word Wendy said!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  jaime20 10/23/2013, 5:12 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I think this 'Kurt' storyline is nothing more than more meta from RIB to jack off on the complaints of bitter Kurt stans.

Just look at it:

- Kurt is supposedly jealous of the success of the others, when in canon at the moment he expressed his desire for a Madonna cover band Rachel didn't even have Fanny yet. This is a warped vision that RIB (and Blaine and some Rachel stans) have of the Kurtsies, that we're only butthurt because we're jealous of the other characters/actors.

- Kurt wants to be successful 'mainstream'. Since when? He is the one that said that he's proud to be different and that it would get him out of cowtown Lima, and it did.
Madonna isn't exactly poppy new mainstream either anymore, and why would Kurt feel insecure about that, since he already sang and completely owned a couple of Madonna songs when he was 16 (season 1)?
Imo another dig at the Kurtsies asking for Kurt to be inserted into the pop songs and group numbers they do in ND (and the popular songs their iTunes 'selling' big singers usually get while Kurt gets stuck with strictly Broadway so he doesn't even get the chance to sell well).

- Kurt getting an 'exclusive' storyline in which he does something to outshine the others for a change, a chance and opportunity to get him singing more, and then it turns out he's still hardly singing at all (remember "Singing, singing singing" from GOBr?), plus he has to share that storyline with Rachel and Santana, again.

- And when he finally sings he has to compete with both Adam Lambert (literally battle against him) and Demi Lovato! Whereas they constantly chicken out to give Rachel a worthy singing opponent. Way to set Kurt up for not outshining them.

I totally agree with you. I think it also has to do with Chris's success outside the show.Envy and jealousy are ugly beasts! They use him but don't respect him at all.But why they don't let him go away (instead of have petty rancor and humiliate him through his character,in typical Hollywood style) so everyone is happy?

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 5:19 pm

^ To be fair, we do not know if Chris wants to leave. Glee still gives him a very nice monthly paycheck, security, media attention and regular employment. I do believe Chris will be capable to continue working in HW and having projects, but we never know as it is still HW and many talented actors simply disappeared. I agree I believe Chris doesn't like Klaine and the dismissal of Kurt, but I somehow doubt he wants to leave Glee yet. Otherwise, I actually do believe his management team has enough leverage to get him somehow out of the contract. But I do agree as well, RIB has zero respect for him.

As a selfish fan, I want him to leave the show and be on the next Dexter/Breaking Bad/Sherlock fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  jaime20 10/23/2013, 6:09 pm

^ Yes,I understand you.The point is not if he wants or if he doesn't wants to leave,because he has a contract so he can't leave if they don't free him from it,but why they continue to treat him so.They don't believe in him and his talent,they prefer Lea,DC,Naya,etc.Dianna was able to leave - I don't know what happened with RM or Fox - and now she does movies.Chris has projects in stand-by also because he has no time to do them.
As a selfish fan, I want him to leave the show and be in movies , his and others',and/or Broadway because his talent deserves this.But most of all I hope he is able to do what he wants to do in a more positive environment than Glee's.neutre

Last edited by jaime20 on 10/23/2013, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/23/2013, 6:59 pm

RIB won't let Chris go because they know that he has a strong fanbase that watches the show, even though RIB has greatly reduced the screentime and the quality of his screentime. They also know that in addition to the fanbase like most of us here who are just Kurt fans, there is also a strong fanbase that follows the show based on his role as part of Klaine on the show.

I don't think it's a case of them not believing in Chris' talent anymore. RIB is fully aware of how talented he is--with the exception of that hideous school shooting storyline, Chris is always the go to guy when stories need an emotional punch. They know that big name guest stars want to work with him (and Lea).

If anything, this has to do with Ryan Murphy's ego. He wants to create big stars out of these actors. That's why he pushes Darren so much. That's why he's pushing the newbies. He even did it with Chris in the first couple of seasons. And he knows full well now that he needs to bring Chris, Lea, and Naya to bring in the viewers to watch his new toys.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jaime20 10/23/2013, 7:51 pm

You are right.Actually what I meant is that I think the network, more than anything else, for Hollywood usual standard, don't believe that a gay male actor,especially unusual like supposedly they see him, can lead and attract the audience they want, and/or is musically commercial.They know he is talented, critics + nominations/awards prove it very well, but they don't care.He had just won the Golden Globe and despite that they have put him aside.They simply aren't interested in a good actor/singer but he is ok for marketing purpose because yes, he and his character are popular with GA/original fanbase, he's the half (or 20%?) of Klaine, serves to always prop up someone else (Lea and Naya too).
RM is a jerk who likes those that stroke his ego and say to him what he wants to hear:yes!Obviously there are other things behind the scenes we don't see.

Last edited by jaime20 on 10/23/2013, 7:57 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : error,sorry it's very late for me)

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/23/2013, 9:31 pm

hollywod is still very homophobic. that's why most gay/bi actors especially those who have a shot at playing leading males (particularly those "alpha male" types who play in action movies) simply cannot afford to come out). there's still an image thing and it may take a while for it to change.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/24/2013, 1:35 pm

today’s filming (10/24/13)

— There is a bus stop scene being filmed today that is explicitly meant to be set in LA. It’s being filmed on the corner of Bronson and Melrose across from Paramount studios. I don’t know what characters are involved, and there is nothing to specify which episode it is for, though I do know they have been filming both episodes six and seven this week.

— Also, they are filming some scenes set at a college… they didn’t get specific, but they are booking extras as ”college students or professors,” and instead of the regular student look, they should wear “a little more of an NY look”.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/24/2013, 2:15 pm

^So now they suddenly go to LA? blinkk 

When they never did that for Mercedes and/or Puck. (besides that terrible Christmas Hanukkah special) 

Or is Nationals in L.A. this year? This would confirm my speculations about 5x07 being Nationals.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/24/2013, 2:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^So now they suddenly go to LA? blinkk 

When they never did that for Mercedes and/or Puck. (besides that terrible Christmas Hanukkah special) 

Or is Nationals in L.A. this year? This would confirm my speculations about 5x07 being Nationals.
I'd rather have Nationals in LA than undergoing Blam roadtrip to LA, with those 2 morons finding themselves awesome and high fiving every 2 minutes.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/24/2013, 3:07 pm

Actually, I'm trying to remember if Mr. Schue did say at some point in the beginning of season 4 that Nationals would be in LA. I don't know why, but that sounds familiar to me for some reason--like I can vaguely remember thinking how they could go on location for it when he said it.  But I could be thinking of something else.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/24/2013, 3:34 pm

“This is the first time in three years we don’t have a “Glee” Christmas album. But I think we sold 1.87 albums of the “Glee” Christmas editions.”
— Rob Stringer

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/24/2013, 3:38 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/24/2013, 3:57 pm

Brad was in Boston for the Red Sox game last night. He must have left Boston at the butt crack of dawn to get back to LA or left the game early.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 10/24/2013, 4:04 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Actually, I'm trying to remember if Mr. Schue did say at some point in the beginning of season 4 that Nationals would be in LA. I don't know why, but that sounds familiar to me for some reason--like I can vaguely remember thinking how they could go on location for it when he said it.  But I could be thinking of something else.
He said it in 'All or Nothing', I was reliably informed.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/24/2013, 4:20 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Actually, I'm trying to remember if Mr. Schue did say at some point in the beginning of season 4 that Nationals would be in LA. I don't know why, but that sounds familiar to me for some reason--like I can vaguely remember thinking how they could go on location for it when he said it.  But I could be thinking of something else.
You're right. Someone just informed me: Will said it in 'All Or Nothing' last season (4x22).

So episode 7 will probably be Nationals. Finally. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/24/2013, 4:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
You're right. Someone just informed me: Will said it in 'All Or Nothing' last season (4x22).

So episode 7 will probably be Nationals. Finally. Rolling Eyes
Yes, but Nationals will be a 12 part episode.  Wink

ETA: It is rather funny that we can remember things from season one so clearly, but we can't clearly remember stuff from the last episode of season 4. We watched and rewatched the early shows, but stopped rewatching when the show went to crap.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next