Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  sheny 9/25/2013, 10:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:BTW: on tumblr I think I also saw resentment from several Klainers about the proposal lately. But I don't want to go to the Klaine tag (I prefer not to break out in rash) to check it out.
Does anyone know? And if so, is it mostly because they (the Klainers who protest) are pissed that Blaine is groveling for Kurt, or are they genuinely appalled by the engagement? saispa
The Klaine tag is full of happiness and fanfiction. Maybe you should check the lol Klaine tag.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2013, 10:13 am

sheny wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:BTW: on tumblr I think I also saw resentment from several Klainers about the proposal lately. But I don't want to go to the Klaine tag (I prefer not to break out in rash) to check it out.
Does anyone know? And if so, is it mostly because they (the Klainers who protest) are pissed that Blaine is groveling for Kurt, or are they genuinely appalled by the engagement? saispa
The Klaine tag is full of happiness and fanfiction. Maybe you should check the lol Klaine tag.
I think that the hard character stans (Blaine & Kurt) are both very unhappy with how this is playing out. The Blaine stans don't want to see Blaine raked over the coals over his infidelity again (if he ever really was) and the Kurt stans don't want to see him going back to a lying, manipulative cheater. The only ones that are really happy are the Klaine stans who have so fetishized this relationship that they cannot be taken seriously. They don't care about the serious damage that this reunion is going to do to both characters. All they care about is OMG!!!! CUTE BOYS KISSING!!!!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 10:48 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mtnwgvusAn1r4ezfzo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mtnwgvusAn1r4ezfzo2_500

This is obviously a NYADA scene.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/25/2013, 10:52 am

^ I first expect Santa Claus to make an important appearance, before I assume it could be heavily related to Kurt :angry:

ETA: it is a great pic though.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/25/2013, 10:56 am

I just had a Klainer liking my post that Klaine is destroying Kurt on tumblr blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/25/2013, 11:16 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^The things I do for you..... tonguue  

Blaine:
"Look at me in the eyes when I say this, I'm being beyond serious: I will never, ever, ever cheat on you again."

Kurt:
"I need you to sign one of those 'non-cheating' contracts. You can get one on Oprah's website."

Blaine:
"I will sign whatever you want, just please say that you and I can be boyfriends again."
You owe me a gallon of brain bleach.
(Lol, I wrote that at first as blain bleach. The subconscious mind speaks the truth.) Smile
You get all the hugs and massive Chris Colfer goodness . . . Thank you.

That exchange makes me sad.
Ewww. vomir I have such a bad feeling about this, you guys. :(

Kurt Hummel: you're an idiot!!beam 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 11:37 am

Ranwing wrote:
I think that the hard character stans (Blaine & Kurt) are both very unhappy with how this is playing out. The Blaine stans don't want to see Blaine raked over the coals over his infidelity again (if he ever really was) and the Kurt stans don't want to see him going back to a lying, manipulative cheater. The only ones that are really happy are the Klaine stans who have so fetishized this relationship that they cannot be taken seriously. They don't care about the serious damage that this reunion is going to do to both characters. All they care about is OMG!!!! CUTE BOYS KISSING!!!!
There are so many issues but let me run through a few of the issues as they pertain to Kurt:

1) I think Ryan Murply is a "Klainer", in that he thinks Kurt being with Blaine is a wish/fulfillment prize for the character.  Back in S2 because of how Kurt conveyed the loneliness of being the only out student in his school, the fans clamored for Kurt to have someone, (I know I did) so voila! Blaine was created.   However they've never developed Blaine much more beyond that fantasy and RM thinks that is good enough.  He has a weird old fashioned idea of "happiness" for Kurt.

2) The insane idea of "end game".  It ruined Finchell in that every other relationship Rachel had was bound to be turned toxic.  As generic and boring as Brody could be, to make him a male prostitute out of left field just to remind everyone that Finn was her true love was ridiculous.   Adam for Kurt couldn't even be developed because of this (see reason 3 below)

3) Ryan Murphy is determined to keep the McKinley side the main narrative of the show.  I think it doesn't matter what the fans say (and the majority of the internet fans are against it,  the GA has shown their dislike with declining ratings and itunes sales) Ryan Murphy is convinced he has a winning formula.  The solution for RM is to give McKinley more songs and screen time so that there is no other choice but them.   Will it work?  It doesn't matter as he has two years to play with this formula.  I do think both Kurt and Santana suffered from this, it's not that RM hates their characters, but that if push came to shove, he needs to salvage McKinley so their SL's were expendable in S4.  RM knows that the GA already likes Kurt and Santana, but he needs to push/push/push the new characters and the revamped McKinely as the stars of the show.

4) The show is in a weird holding pattern with fans.   Everyone is waiting for the inevitable graduation to see if RM and company will be forced to finally do "something".  The elephant in the room for S4 was that they *had* to graduate the Senior eventually, so of course RM's brilliant idea was to chicken shit and extend the school year for S5 because he didn't' have the balls to actually let his  new "stars" stand on their own two feet.  As soon as graduation happens, Blaine can no longer be front and center of Mckinely choir room so who is going to sustain that part of the narrative.  Those five new characters have to carry it and so that is why I suspect it will be streeeeetched out as much as possible for RM and company to figure out how to salvage McKinely.  Personally I think they will keep Sam and Blaine in McKinley (along with Tina) in some stupid attempt to keep the McKinley Narrative relevant.  IF they actually move Blaine and Artie to NY, who the hell is left at McKinley? I think that was Finn's purpose for S5, and now that he's gone, they are scrambling to figure out how to keep it going beyond graduation. I wouldn't put it past the show to throw filler episodes galore so that graduation doesn't occur until 2/3 through the season, but then of course the longer they extend the school year, the shorter they have to work on the "junior" year of the new stars. It's such a mess..LOL. So in all this Kurt and NY can't really have SL's with proper screentime and focus, they are not the "problem" that needs to be solved.

5) Kurt as a character went through his 'gay' arc, coming out, being bullied and sort of accepted in Lima.  But  now Kurt has no real Lima ties.  There is nothing other than his father for Kurt in Lima.   His life is in NY.  AS long as the NY narrative is an after thought, Kurt will be sidelined because NY is nothing about HS shenanigans, homophobic small town folks against him, or jokes about him being gay or too effeminate.   NY is different and the show is stumped because Kurt is not the only gay boy in the city, they need to develop his career/dream and focus on him as a character separate from being gay, and I don't know if RM is actually interested in that.

Last edited by Buenos on 9/25/2013, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/25/2013, 11:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:Wow, I just realized:
They are still filming 5.03 and that episode airs in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Shocked
Yeah, they do everything last minute. I am surprised they are still filming 5.03, though. Rewrites, perhaps?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/25/2013, 11:40 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I envy you, for me any character is only salvage until a certain point. Kurt reached a point in Glee, I really cannot support anymore. Overall, it is sad that Kurt only matters anyway when it comes to his love life. S5 is a very sad caricature what they once made fun of.
I'm with you. The thing is, the show has gotten so unbearably bad that my enjoyment of Kurt was the only thing that was keeping me interested. If Kurt's character is ruined, there isn't even the tiny pleasure of watching Chris develop him anymore. Chris will be on screen, but that's not the same thing. And I'd have to suffer through everything else (or seek out Kurt-edits and suffer through Blaine) to see him.

No 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/25/2013, 11:42 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ I envy you, for me any character is only salvage until a certain point. Kurt reached a point in Glee, I really cannot support anymore. Overall, it is sad that Kurt only matters anyway when it comes to his love life. S5 is a very sad caricature what they once made fun of.
I'm with you. The thing is, the show has gotten so unbearably bad that my enjoyment of Kurt was the only thing that was keeping me interested. If Kurt's character is ruined, there isn't even the tiny pleasure of watching Chris develop him anymore. Chris will be on screen, but that's not the same thing. And I'd have to suffer through everything else (or seek out Kurt-edits and suffer through Blaine) to see him.

No 
*salvageable , salvageable , salvageable !!! I hate typos :angry: 

Kurt edits are usually released Friday after the episodes, ca, be found on tumblr and are a great invention. It takes away so much pain and you won't support Glee in any shape or form financially.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 12:21 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mto0txFcjU1r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2013, 12:27 pm

sheny wrote:
I have, that's where I found the disgruntles Klainers, lol. I guess the bee hive mentality makes it hard to put less positive and critical opinions about 'the boys' in the Klaine tag itself.

AnneNeville wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Wow, I just realized:
They are still filming 5.03 and that episode airs in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Shocked
Yeah, they do everything last minute. I am surprised they are still filming 5.03, though. Rewrites, perhaps?
Could be.
In regards to that, this makes me curious:

Joaquin Sedillo ‏@JOAQUINSEDILLO 8h

#goodnightgleeks WONDERFUL DAY! @jacobartist @JennaUshkowitz @becbecbobec and @ANew92 y'all knocked it outta the park! #joaquinthegleedp
Are these 4 characters (3 noobs and Tina) singing a song together in the tribute episode?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 12:29 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Joaquin Sedillo ‏@JOAQUINSEDILLO 8h

#goodnightgleeks WONDERFUL DAY! @jacobartist @JennaUshkowitz @becbecbobec and @ANew92 y'all knocked it outta the park! #joaquinthegleedp
Are these 4 characters (3 noobs and Tina) singing a song together in the tribute episode?
My guess is that it's for this number spoiled for Episode 5.04

Wide Awake - Tina, Unique, Jake and Kitty
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 12:53 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mtn9twOXo51rojy6eo4_500
From Episode 5.02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds".

It's so stupid, this number has to be either Tina's "Revolution" (if they actually filmed it ), "Hey Jude" or "Let it Be". It's not the "Sergeant Pepper" number or Sam's "Something" but in any case the costumes do not evoke the Beatles in any way shape or form. It's actually the antithesis of the Beatles image.

I know, I know, it's Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/25/2013, 1:15 pm

I first thought of Jesus Christ Superstar because of the hippy dresses and head bands of the girls, but then I saw the jackets of the guys. Is this going to be an exact copy of the Mamma Mia? Surely they wouldn't recycle THAT fast? Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2013, 1:27 pm

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mtn9twOXo51rojy6eo4_500
From Episode 5.02   "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds".  

It's so stupid,  this number has to be either  Tina's "Revolution" (if they actually filmed it ), "Hey Jude" or "Let it Be".  It's not the "Sergeant Pepper" number or Sam's "Something" but in any case the costumes do not evoke the Beatles in any way shape or form.  It's actually the antithesis of the Beatles image.

I know, I know, it's Glee.  
With Tina, Artie, and Kitty up front, I'm guessing it's the McKinley side of Let It Be.

Gosh, I hate that Blaine played dress up with the boys.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 1:31 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I first thought of Jesus Christ Superstar because of the hippy dresses and head bands of the girls, but then I saw the jackets of the guys. Is this going to be an exact copy of the Mamma Mia? Surely they wouldn't recycle THAT fast? Wink
It's sort of the quasi "hip" late 60's early 70's flower power look, however even back then that ridiculous high water pants look sans socks was not "in" so I have no idea what they were going for.

The problem is the new characters have no personality or presence...it's not like they could do a Puck where he's singing a WTF "Afternoon Delight" pretending it's about deserts tongue in cheek. They are just stick figures that you put into "fun" costumes and make a music video. None of them can be leaders like Finn, because Cory Monteith had the gravitas to make you believe he was the leader of New Directions, despite all his insecurities and flaws.

In a sense, they've made all the new characters into versions of Blaine, in that they have to dress them up in numbers to try to give them a personality. KItty is the only one maybe has a shot, but Marley,Jake and Ryder are just blah characters who unless they give them eating disorders, catfishing or sexual abuse nobody gives two figs about them. Once they graduate Artie, who does Kitty have to play against other then the cyphers of New Directions? Unique could be interesting if Alex could act, but he can't. He's such a colossal failure as an actor even though I think he's got a great voice. Plus as a transgender character I wonder if they really thought how much they could actually give him SL's without alienating supposedly FOX's conservative views on gay issues.

I do admit that I will get a perverse pleasure seeing Glee's "death march" to graduation. They are stuck in a pickle, because if as RM seem to claim, The Glee Choir is the heart and soul of the show, what are they going to do when the heart and soul is populated by blank "nobody gives a fuck about them" characters. Where are the stars that RM thought were going to project Glee to an 8th season and beyond.

It's funny how with so little screen time Rachel, Kurt and Santana are the characters the fans really care about. It must grate RM that he has to throw so much into Mckinley to try to continue to try to sell them when with a cookie scene or Santana arching her eyebrow NY has the most memorable parts of any episode.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 1:45 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mtovcoBlht1s57bimo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 37 Tumblr_mtow1c2v2Y1r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 3:02 pm

I'm on a roll here...

Can I just say how annoying it is that RM and company are  so chicken shit that they can't give the NY characters a group song by themselves but have to shovel McKinley in there to sustain the McKinley main narrative goal?

"Let it Be" and "Roar" just like "Mama Mia" includes Rachel, Kurt and Santana but they can't give them the song but throw in ND because otherwise too much on the characters that steal the focus anyways.

It's just so stupid, they give ND group numbers anyways in every episode, they could still give  a group number to NY and then have what appears to be a closing number for all the characters.  It certainly appears that "All You need is Love" Episode 1 with everyone singing backup to Blaine,  "Let it Be" Episode 2  and "Roar" (Episode 4 I'm guessing for the ending number) is the new pattern  for NY/McKinley giving them all a dual narrative group ending number.

So meanwhile, where the hell is the Rachel/Kurt/Santana group numbers in NY?
Twisted Evil
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/25/2013, 3:17 pm

^I don't think that is a rude or wrong detail to point out at all.

I just ventured outside of my Dashbord in tumblr and it's filled with both exhilarated Klainers and desperate Kurtsies preparing for war or demise. Maybe these spoilers are just banging our head further down the hole, we're getting the smell of panic. I would be so convinced that Kurt will keep his head if I hadn't seen the *whispers* The Ring.

I just want to dip into the discussion about Kurt losing something essential if he says yes to Blaine. I'm a firm believer of the fact that Lima is not a right or good place for Kurt at all. He seems to shrivel and loose himself there. I also think Blaine knows very well how to "play" with Kurt. I know it might sound extra melodramatic, like Kurt would not have a mind of his own, but he has been now not heard by Blaine in several of the last episodes in S4.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2013, 3:18 pm

Well, we had At the Ballet. I suppose we should be grateful that we got one group number all of last season for the NY characters.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/25/2013, 3:24 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, we had At the Ballet. I suppose we should be grateful that we got one group number all of last season for the NY characters.
There was also the song in The Makeover, right?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 3:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, we had At the Ballet. I suppose we should be grateful that we got one group number all of last season for the NY characters.
Anne Neville wrote:There was also the song in The Makeover, right?
Yes, but  both of those were more about giving Guest Star! Sara Jessica Parker a song to sing. Didn't she actually sing lead though out both of those songs? Rachel and Kurt pretty much just sang backup.   It's infamous now in Glee fandom that  the writers admitted  that RM went into the writers room and said he was "obsessed" with "At the Ballet" so they needed to include it in the episode. I actually liked the number but it shows that RM just tells the writers what he wants them to do even it makes absolutely no narrative sense.  It's so obvious they pigeon holed in the "dance metaphor" with Santana/Kurt and Rachel because RM insisted on that number.  

A group number of just the NY characters has not been done yet.   And it  grates because the McKinley side gets group numbers with no guest stars in every frigging episode.   I have no doubt that Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert will "sing" with the NY characters, taking over the leads of such numbers, but I wouldn't really call those group numbers for the NY characters.

Mama Mia was so a NY group number ruined by the inclusion of McKinley.  The closest thing to a NY group number last year was Rachel singing with Quinn/Santana in "Naked" , but of course Kurt was not included in that number. Probably the best "group" number was "Let's have a Kiki" though once again SJP sang lead though most of it, though I did love Rachel's "Turkey Lurkey".

Last edited by Buenos on 9/25/2013, 3:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/25/2013, 3:34 pm

RIP Kurt Hummel. You once were an incredibly well rounded, fabulous, quirky, unique character, with interesting and personal storylines. Have a nice life with Cheaty Mcsmugface, since apparently he is the best thing since last bread.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2013, 3:44 pm

The irony is that the hard core Blaine stans hate that he's tied to Kurt.   It's obvious that Blaine will now never get a LI outside of Kurt on the show and his one fixation and SL  is to get back with Kurt.  The show blew a whole year and still didn't really develop the character other than pair him with the weak characters of Sam and Tina.

Chris Colfer puts an interesting spin on Kurt as much as he can, his line readings while "faithful" to the script, insert a much needed cynicism and common sense spin which is so Kurt.  His line reading of  "we're not a couple" in "All or Nothing" drove the Klainers crazy, because Chris gave the line such "umph".  tonguue
The Klainers are forever whining that Chris sabotages the writing with his "acting choices". heheheh
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum