Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 9:31 pm

Just for fun, let's play Rank the Beatles songs. There are 14 total songs listed on on GOB. Here's the list:

01. Yesterday – Lea Michele
02. Drive My Car – Kevin McHale & Becca Tobin
03. Got To Get You Into My Life – Chris Colfer & Darren Criss
04. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away – Kevin McHale & Becca Tobin
05. Help – Darren Criss & Chord Overstreet
06. Hard Day’s Night – Lea Michele & Naya Rivera
07. I Saw Her Standing There – Chord Overstreet, Blake Jenner, Jacob Artist & Darren Criss
08. All You Need Is Love - Darren Criss
09. Get Back – Lea Michele & Chris Colfer
10. Here Comes The Sun – Demi Lovato & Naya Rivera
11. Something – Chord Overstreet
12. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Melissa Benoist, Alex Newell, Jacob Artist & Blake Jenner
13. Hey Jude – Jenna Ushkowitz, Chord Overstreet, Becca Tobin & Darren Criss
14. Let It Be – Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Becca Tobin, Chris Colfer & Naya Rivera

So, put them in order of your preference, maybe say a few quick words about each of them. It will be interesting to see what order everyone places in them.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  ColdFlame96 9/17/2013, 9:33 pm

I'm only listening to the Artie and Kurt stuff. They're the only Beatles covers I care about.
Get Back is flawless. I would listen to GTGYIML, but my throat hurts in my sympathy just listening to it. All that screaming has gotta hurt.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/17/2013, 9:36 pm

Hey Jude brings many memories to my head, because I sang it some years ago when I was in a choir, so that why I'm fond of it. So this version is bland to me. I know the original one doesn't have so many changes neither, but it has a softness that I like it, and the voices don't sound weak. It seems like both Chord and Darren are having some problems with their voice.

Overall it was kinda boring, and I'm listening to rock now. lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 9:38 pm

Ranking so much fun!!

1. Let It Be – Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Becca Tobin, Chris Colfer & Naya Rivera
2. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away – Kevin McHale & Becca Tobin
3. Got To Get You Into My Life – Chris Colfer & Darren Criss
4. Get Back – Lea Michele & Chris Colfer
5. Yesterday – Lea Michele
6. Drive My Car – Kevin McHale & Becca Tobin
7. Hard Day’s Night – Lea Michele & Naya Rivera
8.Here Comes The Sun – Demi Lovato & Naya Rivera
9. Help – Darren Criss & Chord Overstreet
10.. I Saw Her Standing There – Chord Overstreet, Blake Jenner, Jacob Artist & Darren Criss
11. All You Need Is Love - Darren Criss

Tied for 1000th place... these three are so bad I can't pick!
. Something – Chord Overstreet
. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Melissa Benoist, Alex Newell, Jacob Artist & Blake Jenner
. Hey Jude – Jenna Ushkowitz, Chord Overstreet, Becca Tobin & Darren Criss
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 9:46 pm

Here is my ranking:

1. Let It Be – Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Becca Tobin, Chris Colfer & Naya Rivera--Absolutely beautiful (except the chorus). Great to hear so many great voices on one song. This is what Glee group numbers should be.

2. Get Back – Lea Michele & Chris Colfer--I thought this was an odd choice for a Hummelberry duet, so I'm thrilled to see it's really more of a Chris solo with Lea singing back up. When we heard the snippet, I said it was inconclusive and that Chris could save it, and he sure did.

3. Yesterday – Lea Michele--Quite lovely. The emotions in this are so real and raw just weeks after losing Cory. Lea did a fantastic job.

04. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away – Kevin McHale & Becca Tobin--Very pretty. Kevin and Becca sound nice together.

05. Hard Day’s Night – Lea Michele & Naya Rivera--I don't love the backing vocals, but this one was much better than I originally thought. I think this will be a fun scene.

06. Got To Get You Into My Life – Chris Colfer & Darren Criss--As I said earlier, Chris sounds fantastic, Darren seems to be straining. This would have ranked a lot higher (probably second after Let It Be) if Darren wasn't straining so much on the song.

07. Here Comes The Sun – Demi Lovato & Naya Rivera--As I said, I don't think Naya's voice was the right choice for this song, and I don't really like the way that her voice blends with Demi's, but it is more listenable than most of the others.

08. Drive My Car – Kevin McHale & Becca Tobin--This would have ranked higher if it wasn't so over produced. Kevin doesn't need that.

09. Help – Darren Criss & Chord Overstreet--Not great, but at least there is some energy in this song. Way too over produced.

10. All You Need Is Love - Darren Criss--Boring, Darren sounds really weak with the backing vocals.

11. Something – Chord Overstreet--Boring, doesn't sound like Chord at all to me.

12. I Saw Her Standing There – Chord Overstreet, Blake Jenner, Jacob Artist & Darren Criss--My favorite Beatles song done in the worst possible way. Can't tell which guy is singing what--that's a problem.

13. Hey Jude – Jenna Ushkowitz, Chord Overstreet, Becca Tobin & Darren Criss--Girls are so little in it that they shouldn't even be mentioned. Darren seems to be really struggling on this one.

14. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Melissa Benoist, Alex Newell, Jacob Artist & Blake Jenner--One of the worst songs ever on Glee (if not thee worst).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/17/2013, 10:04 pm

Listening to Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and theyr turn it into a pop song. I believe Unique doing those high notes is not good for this song, not.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 10:14 pm

brisallie wrote:Listening to Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and theyr turn it into a pop song. I believe Unique doing those high notes is not good for this song, not.
Intellectually I agree with you but at least it was something different in that horrible song, but yes, it's liking throwing a firecracker to distract from dogs wailing. phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/17/2013, 10:34 pm

So . . . what was the point of releasing thirty seconds of each of these songs just the other day?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 10:38 pm

AnneNeville wrote:So . . . what was the point of releasing thirty seconds of each of these songs just the other day?
I think they realized how much people were saying the snippets sucked, and they gave us the whole songs so that we would realize that some of them don't really suck (though some of them suck more than originally thought).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 10:39 pm

AnneNeville wrote:So . . . what was the point of releasing thirty seconds of each of these songs just the other day?
banzai 
Anne has just summarized the whole "logic" of Glee/FOX marketing in one succinct sentence.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/17/2013, 10:56 pm

Buenos wrote:
brisallie wrote:Listening to Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and theyr turn it into a pop song. I believe Unique doing those high notes is not good for this song, not.
Intellectually I agree with you but at least it was something different in that horrible song, but yes, it's liking throwing a firecracker to distract from dogs wailing.  phr34r 
I agree that is good when covers try to be slightly different from the original ones, but I just feel that it doesn't work this time.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 9/17/2013, 10:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
I think they realized how much people were saying the snippets sucked, and they gave us the whole songs so that we would realize that some of them don't really suck (though some of them suck more than originally thought).
Like the full versions of Get Back, Hard Days Night, and GTGYIML. They were much better than the snippets.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 10:59 pm

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/17/2013, 11:02 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Here is "GTGYIML" full version. Smile 

Chris is more on this song than Darren it seems.

http://christopherpaul.tumblr.com/post/61536286192/got-to-get-you-into-my-life-glee-cast-version
oh, how i missed it! off to listen. yay!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 9/17/2013, 11:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Someone did a Chris lines only version of GTGYIML

http://paulchristophers.tumblr.com/post/61542427696/got-to-get-you-into-my-life-kurts-lines-only
It seemed like a lot more than that! OMG that's it?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 11:18 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Someone did a Chris lines only version of GTGYIML

http://paulchristophers.tumblr.com/post/61542427696/got-to-get-you-into-my-life-kurts-lines-only
It seemed like a lot more than that! OMG that's it?
That's because they left out the parts that Chris and Darren were singing together. Chris has more when you add that. This is just the glorious moments without gel boy.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/17/2013, 11:46 pm

wait, this is NOT the full version? I know it suddenly ends but...

update: ok the version is full. anyway i listened to all 3 of kurt's songs in full version. I like them all and boy did I miss kurt's singing voice sooooooooo dammm much! he sings all in lower register, and he sounds really strong and full and gorgeous! in the klaine duet, darren sounds like he's screaming for high notes. should have let kurt sing all that song! i love "let it be" in terms of hte song itself, and i love the kurt part tremendously, but it's so short. i have the bad feeling that it will be cut. :( 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2013, 1:05 am

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-5-adam-lambert-spoiler-update-changes-made.htm

I’ve got some brand new information on the character Adam Lambert will play on Glee.

Adam’s character WILL NOT BE A DRAG QUEEN. There will be NO performances in drag.

Drag was the original plan for Adam’s character, but at his request, the character will be rewritten. Adam met with the Glee writers/producers this week to discuss the changes.

Also, Adam won’t be singing Lady Gaga’s “Judas,” also at his request. However, he’s still set to perform “Applause.”

Production on Adam’s first episode, 5×04, begins next week.

ETA: I expected some blow back on this spoiler, because I know the drill. Here’s the deal:

1. The timing on the meeting or the discussion may be off, because that part of the spoiler is second hand but…
2. The jist of the spoiler came from a source inside production. Please trust me on this. This spoiler isn’t some anonymous tip I received via email.
3. Re-writing the part in a week would not be unheard of in Glee land. Also, it would not be a major, major re-write. Adam may have only had a few scenes in his first episode to begin with.

And that’s all I got.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/18/2013, 1:17 am

Buenos wrote:http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-5-adam-lambert-spoiler-update-changes-made.htm

I’ve got some brand new information on the character Adam Lambert will play on Glee.

Adam’s character WILL NOT BE A DRAG QUEEN. There will be NO performances in drag.

Drag was the original plan for Adam’s character, but at his request, the character will be rewritten. Adam met with the Glee writers/producers this week to discuss the changes.

Also, Adam won’t be singing Lady Gaga’s “Judas,” also at his request. However, he’s still set to perform “Applause.”

ETA: I expected some blow back on this spoiler, because I know the drill. Here’s the deal:

1. The timing on the meeting or the discussion may be off, because that part of the spoiler is second hand but…
2. The jist of the spoiler came from a source inside production. Please trust me on this. This spoiler isn’t some anonymous tip I received via email.
3. Re-writing the part in a week would not be unheard of in Glee land. Also, it would not be a major, major re-write. Adam may have only had a few scenes in his first episode to begin with.

And that’s all I got.
Sounds like Glee! Maybe they should have talked to Adam Lambert earlier about whether he was happy playing a drag queen? Maybe the script really was THAT BAD?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2013, 1:17 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 22 Tumblr_mtavkpV7EG1r4ezfzo1_500

Sigh I guess Artie doesn't qualify because he's not an alpha male, even though he sings rings around all of them.Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Buenos on 9/18/2013, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2013, 1:19 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-5-adam-lambert-spoiler-update-changes-made.htm

And that’s all I got.
Sounds like Glee! Maybe they should have talked to Adam Lambert earlier about whether he was happy playing a drag queen? Maybe the script really was THAT BAD?
I can just imagine Adam Labmbert..."Hey rewrite this, I don't need this gig that bad...this is sh*** "Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2013, 1:23 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 22 Tumblr_mtavy1rHLj1r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/18/2013, 1:31 am

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 22 Tumblr_mtavkpV7EG1r4ezfzo1_500

Sigh I guess Artie doesn't qualify because he's not an alpha male, even though he sings rings around all of them.Rolling Eyes
Darren's hair . . . very different.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/18/2013, 2:29 am

I can't believe that the episode is called "TINA in the sky with diamonds" but Jenna has only two lines in one song and sings backup in another. Evil or Very Mad  Is her solo cut only from the album or both the album and the episode? I'm not a big fan of Tina I hate her after season 4, but the damn episode has her name in the title not Blaine or Sam's who sing 80% of the songs.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/18/2013, 4:12 am

I am personaly big Rachel's fan (altough I loved all my favorite characters the most when the writings was at least decent but I am still faithfull to them) and while writing for her and Blaine may share some similarities like easy winning (although I still think Rachel has it had much harder than Blaine, Blaine gets absolutely everything on the first try, even the things he did not ask for, he is also loved immediately by everyone, he is the boy who came to public high school in Lima with his stupid caricatural clothing, gel helmet, sang songs publicly to a boy and never were bullied for it Shocked ) but overall I think those characters are on very very different level, especially if you look at the lawyers Rachel has, she is three dimensional character, I understand her motives, unlike Blaine who I don't know what he is because I think that characters does not make any sense. Well the fact Lea is also much better actor than he is and much greater singer than Darren (imo of course) helps as well. Rachel/Lea was able to carry the show as the main performer (not that I think she is the only reason the show was succesful, but she definetely had influence), he is not.

Last edited by arina on 9/18/2013, 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next