Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 8:41 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I agree that it would have been nice if Kevin had gotten most (if not all) of Let It Be.  He definitely sounds fantastic, but I really like all of them.  The only part I don't like is when they are all singing together on the chorus.  It works better with just a few voices.

Giving GTGYIML a second listen.  I have to say that listening to Chris and Darren switch off lines like this, it really shows the weakness in Darren's voice more than usual.  Chris just sounds so much richer and full, and Darren just sounds weak and like he's straining on the last word in the lines.  
Darren is yelling his lines and it get sooo distracting and annoying after awhile.  dryy
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 8:42 pm

God, Kevin was made for Beatles songs...wub

You've got to hide your Loving ways" Oh Kevin...wub wub 

Last edited by Buenos on 9/17/2013, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 8:43 pm

A Hard Day's Night is actually much better than the clip released yesterday. Not my favorite Beatles song, but I am liking it (well, except for maybe the backing vocals).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/17/2013, 8:45 pm

Wow, I actually loved "Let It Be", though it took some to get used to the chorus.

Are they going to tease us Kurtsies this Season maybe?

They leave all the good Kurt stuff to last.

I just love "Get Back". I am so happy they gave more of the song to Chris, same with the Klaine duet. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 8:45 pm

Gleek Out Brazil has all of the songs posted now:

http://gleekoutbr.com/musicas-completas-dos-episodios-5x01-e-5x02/
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 8:48 pm

The Good...

The Bad....

The Ugly and we do mean UGLY....

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give the most beautiful George Harrison song in the Universe to the bland singing of Chord Overstreet ??Shocked 

Talk about being overwhelmed and not not knowing how to sing a nuanced love song...

Did I mention "the Ugly" ?  Shocked

"Help" is the bland leading the Bland.... Karokee bands are better than Darren and Chord in this song..and whose brilliant idea was to overwhelm them with the MUZAK background chorus???

Last edited by Buenos on 9/17/2013, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 8:49 pm

Listening to Hey Jude, and I have to take back my comment from yesterday that it was a decent one for Darren. His voice seems really rough on it. I don't know if he strained it on his tour, but it sounds a lot rougher and very breathy on it. Have to say that I'm disappointed this is pretty much a Darren and Chord duet with the girls singing backup. Darren is on way too many of these Beatles songs.

Something just doesn't sound like Chord to me at all. And it is a boring version of the song. I know it's not the most exciting Beatles song on it. It's just not a good cover.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 9/17/2013, 8:51 pm

Buenos wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I agree that it would have been nice if Kevin had gotten most (if not all) of Let It Be.  He definitely sounds fantastic, but I really like all of them.  The only part I don't like is when they are all singing together on the chorus.  It works better with just a few voices.

Giving GTGYIML a second listen.  I have to say that listening to Chris and Darren switch off lines like this, it really shows the weakness in Darren's voice more than usual.  Chris just sounds so much richer and full, and Darren just sounds weak and like he's straining on the last word in the lines.  
Darren is yelling his lines and it get sooo distracting and annoying after awhile.  dryy
He sounds really strained. I'm telling you, Glee is destroying his voice.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/17/2013, 8:52 pm

I'm listening to Get Back and is he singing in his low range? I think I gonna faint. And I'm already wanting to see this performance wub  Hummelberry feelings! Besides, he's the lead.

Let's go to the Klaine duet...First I've to say that I like the band in the background.

I've listened to the song and I think lines have been split by equally, but still I don't like how loud sounds Blaine in the chorus. I insist he overshadows Kurt.

BUT overall, I think in both songs Kurt was pretty good and it didn't make me want to kill RIB.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 8:53 pm

I think that "I Saw Her Standing There" is the most disappointing song. This is one of my favorite beatles songs (probably my favorite beatles song). This song should make you want to get up and move, and this rendition is just so boring.

And worst of all, I can't distinguish between which guy is singing which part. And when they are singing together, it sounds terrible.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 8:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Listening to Hey Jude, and I have to take back my comment from yesterday that it was a decent one for Darren.  His voice seems really rough on it.  I don't know if he strained it on his tour, but it sounds a lot rougher and very breathy on it.  Have to say that I'm disappointed this is pretty much a Darren and Chord duet with the girls singing backup.  Darren is on way too many of these Beatles songs.

Something just doesn't sound like Chord to me at all.  And it is a boring version of the song.  I know it's not the most exciting Beatles song on it.  It's just not a good cover.
Chord and Darren are the worst singing combination ever together , it's like combining two shades of beige...phr34r 

Just being honest and from a place of caring..
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 8:57 pm

I'm liking You've Got To Hide Your Love Away more than I thought I would. Kevin really has a great voice for Beatles, and Becca adds a nice dimension to the song. The song itself is kind of dull, but Kevin and Becca did a great job on it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 8:58 pm

Don't like Drive My Car. It's too overproduced. Kevin doesn't need that. Save that for the weaker voices.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 9:02 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm listening to Get Back and is he singing in his low range? I think I gonna faint. And I'm already wanting to see this performance wub  Hummelberry feelings! Besides, he's the lead.

Let's go to the Klaine duet...First I've to say that I like the band in the background.

I've listened to the song and  I think lines have been split by equally, but still I don't like how loud sounds Blaine in the chorus. I insist he overshadows Kurt.

BUT overall, I think in both songs Kurt was pretty good and it didn't make me want to kill RIB.
LBR the strong vocalists overwhelm Darren's voice, which is why they amp him up to compensate and make it sound as if he can match them. Who can forget the unplugged version of "Perfect" and then miraculously for the Glee version on the air Darren was magically drowning out Chris's voice? Rolling Eyes 

Regardless, Chris sounds wonderful in GTGYIML wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 9:05 pm

Chord should be drawn and quartered for what he does to "Hey Jude"...why oh why did they get the blandest voices together to sing "Hey Jude" ?  I love that song...!Shocked

Do I get a medal for surviving the wailing at the end of that song.? The next time posters on other forums bitch about Mercedes wailing...

This was more like dying cats screeching...

Last edited by Buenos on 9/17/2013, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 9/17/2013, 9:09 pm

I was pleasantly surprised with Get back, who would have thought Kurt would ever have Rachel as backup to his lead?! He sounded great in low register. The Klaine duet was nice too with the exception of Darren's unnecessary shouting in the chorus and in general. I was happy with the distribution of lines and that it actually felt like a duet for a change. So far the general suck factor of season 5 is pretty low. Perhaps with good releases like this, and a potential slip in my shower resulting in minor head trauma, I could develop cautious optimism for season 5?
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 9/17/2013, 9:12 pm

Buenos wrote:The Good...

The Bad....

The Ugly and we do mean UGLY....

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give the most beautiful George Harrison song in the Universe to the bland singing of Chord Overstreet ??Shocked 

Talk about being overwhelmed and not not knowing how to sing a nuanced love song...

Did I mention "the Ugly" ?  Shocked

"Help" is the bland leading the Bland.... Karokee bands are better than Darren and Chord in this song..and whose brilliant idea was to overwhelm them with the MUZAK background chorus???
George Harrison had such a spiritual quality to his music, that it was always going to be a disaster giving it to any of the Glee guys (except possibly Chris).

Almost all of these songs suffer from being over-produced. The Beatles, particularly their early works, are just vocals, harmonies, guitars, and drums. All the bells and whistles they've added does nothing but distract and diffuse the power of the music. Because of this, none of these songs really moved me; even the ones that I thought were very pretty like Yesterday and Here Comes the Sun.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 9:12 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:

He sounds really strained. I'm telling you, Glee is destroying his voice.
I hope Marie will pipe in when she wakes up to hear all of these songs.

@Marie, are we really hearing a more prominent strain in Darren's voice in these songs? Or is it just us being sick of Darren's voice?

I enjoyed Darren's early vocals on the show (i.e. Silly Love Songs, Animal, etc.). Started getting sick of it when they started overusing him or using him on songs that he just couldn't handle (like the WSS stuff), by season 4, I could barely stomach him.

After listening to these Beatles songs, I am actually concerned by what the overuse of his voice is doing to his voice. I don't know if it was the tour, or if he is just oversinging, but his voice really sounds strained on these Beatles songs to me. I know I haven't really listened to his more recent songs on the show as much as the originals, but it really seems like he is struggling more now.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 9:13 pm

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Melissa Benoist, Alex Newell, Jacob Artist & Blake Jenner

blinkk 

Words fail me ..well nearly...however thank you in THIS case for Unique distracting from the wall of Borg chorus...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/17/2013, 9:16 pm

I love coming home from work for all kinds of goodies to listen to.

GTGYIMY - Far more a balanced duet than CWM (that travesty) was. Chris sounded amazing - full, rich and that bit of grit that keeps it from being too pop. Darren was decent, but it this doesn't convince you that Chris is a far stronger singer, then nothing will and you and I will have nothing to talk about. It's a great number and I genuinely enjoyed it.

Get Back - Wow... Chris singing lead in a duet with Lea. Never thought I'd live to see this day. And Lea's part was completely unneeded (and at times really distracting). Could have done without her warbling and "oohs" throughout the number. Again, Chris gets to show of that amazing lower part of his range that just gets stronger and sexier. Chris sounded sexy! panik  Cue the Chris Colfer sex riot!

Let it Be - One of my favorite Beatles numbers and this was more than decent. Not enough Kevin IMO (and if it's a travesty that Chris didn't get a solo with this genre, it's a crime that Kevin didn't). Lea again proves that she just doesn't have the right kind of voice for this genre. Chris's part was absolutely glorious. Why didn't he get a solo again? Oh yeah... Glee.

Then we come to the Grand Canyon sized gap in quality.

Something - Well, now I now when I'll be taking my bathroom break. Whoever thought Chord should sing this needs to be fired. To take one of the sweetest, most emotionally honest love songs and turn it into this absolute snooze fest is a crime. Chris would have totally killed this.

Hey Jude - More Blam. Oh joy. This is the vocal equivalent of eating mayonnaise on white bread. Complete lack of soul and depth. And man, is Darren sounding weak. Why are they pushing him when he can't handle these kind of songs? Oh yeah... Glee.

At least I'm happy with Chris's numbers. What singing he did get to do was absolutely fantastic. The underutilized MVP of the eps.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 9:17 pm

Not really feeling Here Comes the Sun. I don't like the way Naya's voice blends with Demi's, and I don't think Naya's voice was the right one for this song.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 9:21 pm

"Hard day's night" is growing on me, though I think Naya sounds best on this song.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 9:22 pm

Sgt. Pepper may be one of the most frightening songs they have done on the show ever.

I'm gonna listen to Let It Be again to get that crap out of my head.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/17/2013, 9:27 pm

"YGHYLA" is really not bad after all. neutre 

"Help" even blander than the snippet we got. dryy 

"Hard Day's Night" love it. Lea and Naya sound fantastic. Smile 

"ISHST" basically Blarren, and again does no justice to the original. Tiffany back in the eighties did a cover of this and it was 100 times better. dryy 

"Here Comes The Sun" is quite pretty but nothing more. neutre 

"Something" not bad, but not great either. 

"SPLHCB" and "Hey Jude" I am having trouble playing as they keep cutting out.

Sounds like I'm not missing anything. dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 9:30 pm

I think for national security they should use the wailing of Darren (and Chord?) at the end of "Hey Jude" instead of water boarding prisoners to interrogate them.

I Take that back, waterboarding is more humane.  Shocked
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next