Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 5:59 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I'm reading the complaints on Tumblr about Chris not going to the TCAs. I've been wondering . . . is it just me,  or has Chris--other than compulsory work activities--seemed to have distanced himself socially from almost all the (current) cast? It seems that way to me . . . and is very interesting.
I don't think he's as close to them as he once was. Four/five years ago, there was just six of them. They were his only friends in Hollywood and his first set of friends at that. He'd never been away from home before and they were his new family. Now, he's so much more grown up and has seen these people for the past five years day in and day out. I'm sure he still cares about them, but he seems to have a whole new set of friends outside of the show, including a boyfriend now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 5:59 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I'm reading the complaints on Tumblr about Chris not going to the TCAs. I've been wondering . . . is it just me,  or has Chris--other than compulsory work activities--seemed to have distanced himself socially from almost all the (current) cast? It seems that way to me . . . and is very interesting.
No, I agree. However I get the impression he is distancing himself from Glee/RIB, but not necessarily the cast. Good on him. Really. Anyone with a bit of brain can see the trainwreck happening.

I cannot get over the fact that the TCA are used for Corys first public memorial. That is just so stupid.

BTW, I hate being called 'honey' or anything else. I also would probably be confused a bit by that term of endearment Razz 
Yeah, I meant not just the cast, but the whole rigamarole. It's just that the word "cast" came easily since the publicity leading up to the TCAs suggested that the "whole cast" would be there.

I guess he didn't win!
I think he and Lea both won, but he has better things to do.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 6:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
No, I agree. However I get the impression he is distancing himself from Glee/RIB, but not necessarily the cast. Good on him. Really. Anyone with a bit of brain can see the trainwreck happening.

I cannot get over the fact that the TCA are used for Corys first public memorial. That is just so stupid.

BTW, I hate being called 'honey' or anything else. I also would probably be confused a bit by that term of endearment Razz 
Sorry, Lottie-kins! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 6:03 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I love the way the CC idiots are trying to come up with a secret meaning behind calling Darren Bud.  Never mind that he used buddy to wish Kevin a happy birthday, and said "love and miss you buddy" about Cory.  And it's not like he called Amber lady recently, or calls people sweetie or honey all the time.  I mean, Chris never refers to anyone with just random nicknames like that.
He calls all guys "bud" or "buddy" and, to a lesser degree, "dude". He calls all women "honey", "sweetie" and, less so, "lady"...but I think he uses "lady" for girls he knows on a personal level. He sometimes uses "lady" to make fun of his past self also.
Does he call older women in the signings (ie, not the obvious teens) "honey" or "sweetie" too? Because I think I'd give a double take and my jaw would drop if he called me that (I'm 33). It would be like being back in the South again, and not in a good way! :-D
I think he does that with "older" women as well, yes. Smile I don't know how he does it. I never could, not in real life. Too shy to do that. I'd be afraid they'd either think I was being sarcastic or just plain creepy. blushh 
Frankly, I think my jaw would drop if someone 10 years younger than me called me honey or sweetie.
LOL! I know! I'd probably blush unflatteringly. (is that a word?)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/11/2013, 6:12 pm

he will definitely be there if he has won. i don't even think he was nominated for anything. i don't remember reading it. did he?

anyway, it's normal for people to grow apart. they all have their own circle of friends now. as they get older they will be involved in more projects w/ other people. it's unlikely an actor will participate in everything a fellow coworker is involved.

RIB is no longer interested in kurt hte character. they still need him though, and he still want that paycheck. they are employer/employee relationship. chris has other avenues of career development now so focusing on them is a wise idea.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/11/2013, 6:19 pm

You guys do realise you are waking up the she-devils manic interest with this line of questioning? Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 6:25 pm

fantastica wrote:he will definitely be there if he has won. i don't even think he was nominated for anything. i don't remember reading it. did he?
Nominated for "Choice TV Actor, Comedy" I believe.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 6:49 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:You guys do realise you are waking up the she-devils manic interest with this line of questioning? Wink
Are you talking about Crazy Kerrie? She can go die in a ditch somewhere. She's been grasping at straws and looking for excuses to hate Chris for years now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/11/2013, 7:07 pm

^I bet she's having a field day now. Best way to twart her: ignore her. Twisted Evil 

Like Anne already said: Chris is nominated for a TCA. But even if he won (and I still think he has) he's not obligated to pick up his surfboard. Many don't accept their award at the show, as the TCA's are nothing compared to the Emmy's or the Golden Globes.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/11/2013, 7:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I bet she's having a field day now. Best way to twart her: ignore her. Twisted Evil 

Like Anne already said: Chris is nominated for a TCA. But even if he won (and I still think he has) he's not obligated to pick up his surfboard. Many don't accept their award at the show, as the TCA's are nothing compared to the Emmy's or the Golden Globes.
Didn't mean to cause any harm. It's just something I noticed. Kerrie's gonna be crazy no matter what.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/11/2013, 8:01 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Didn't mean to cause any harm. It's just something I noticed. Kerrie's gonna be crazy no matter what.
 Oh, I agree. The last thing I want is people being afraid of expressing their opinion just because that batshit crazy loser might see their posts and feed off of them (been there, done that). Her vile hate for Chris is all hers, she's the one who twists everything about him into something negative, criticism and praise alike.
TBH: for a while I was reluctant to say anything that could be seen as criticism about Chris (e.g. in reviews about his songs) so she couldn't use that to bash and hate on him. But just because she soils and taints everything she touches, including e.g. my words, this should not prevent me from saying those words in the first place. That polution is on her, not me or any other Chris Colfer fan she has harassed and bullied over the years. She can't stop me (or you) from discussing Chris, and I'm sure that irritates her greatly. suspectt 

What I was trying to say is: the best way to twart her is not responding to her stupid hate: she's not worth it. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/11/2013, 9:26 pm

Kerrie is the most pathetic, sad excuse of a human being I've ever seen in my life. She "needs" to hate on Chris as an outlet for how she feels about her shitty self and her shitty life, blaming Chris (wtf?) for how her life turned out when she should be blaming herself, the coward. She is projecting her own self hate onto him to avoid dealing with her issues. Mia said something about a severe hatred toward a target always, always really being about the person who hates in the first place and not really about the target itself. With Kerrie, this is so true. It's her problem, not Chris. It's like Karofsky: he bullied Kurt because of inner turmoil, Kurt did not do anything wrong.

Kerrie, I know you are reading this, you lifeless, pathetic piece of shit. Get help.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/11/2013, 10:01 pm

I am always rather aware to mention it exactly because the fact that was already mentioned (Kerrie) but to me it seemed little bit and of course it's just speculation that Chris and the cast grew little bit apart while Chris was filming Kurt's Dalton period, at least since then he was never seen with them as much as he used to before... I am sure they still really care for each other but like Heather said they were the first people he knew in the city, since then he met alot of new people...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/12/2013, 9:14 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I'm so tired of these "fans" demanding, critiqing, blaming and insulting Chris because he behaves just normal and how he wants to in his fricking life! Just so sick of it. I've never really been as big fangirl for anyone besides Chris and actively followed someones career in the internet, and this kind of petty and horrible behaviour has come as a shock. Is this normal nowdays? Bash the one you like instead of love?
Sometimes I wonder whether these 'fans' actually like Chris, or only the version of Chris in their fantasies. In their eyes, Chris is no more than a performing monkey, who's obligated dance to their tune or their expectations; and failure to do so would result in nasty, online vilification. These people are seriously deluded if they think that, as 'fans', they have a right to dictate how Chris should behave and what he should do.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/12/2013, 9:39 am

arina wrote:I am always rather aware to mention it exactly because the fact that was already mentioned (Kerrie) but to me it seemed little bit and of course it's just speculation that Chris and the cast grew little bit apart while Chris was filming Kurt's Dalton period, at least since then he was never seen with them as much as he used to before... I am sure they still really care for each other but like Heather said they were the first people he knew in the city, since then he met alot of new people...
I always felt that the six months Chris spent in exile at Dalton could have made his relationship with some of the cast grow apart as well.

Of course, it was natural for them to be close in the first season because they were all thrown together into the crazy hype--turning from nobodies into people who people screamed at the sight of.

I understand Chris not being that close to the guys because let's face it, he is quite a bit younger (especially when thinking about Mark and Cory), and he just wasn't interested in the same things (I recall tweets about Mark, Cory, and Chord playing disc golf or skiing together--things that Chris didn't seem interested in).

In reality, a set is like any other workplace. You can like and respect the people you work with, and even have dinner with them or go to a party, but most likely when the job is over, so is the relationship. You might really connect with one or two people who become lifelong friends, but most of them you'll rarely see again once the job is over.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 8/12/2013, 9:42 am

Lottie2303 wrote: BTW, I hate being called 'honey' or anything else. I also would probably be confused a bit by that term of endearment Razz 
HA, me too!!! I tore down one of my exes to shreds because he called me "Bébé" (baby). I hate pet names like that. Nicknames I can bear it, but pet names irk me to no end.Don't know why.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 8/12/2013, 12:05 pm

I think maybe he has, but I don't think it's a bad thing when I think about it. Not to be a judgmental bitch, but
-Cory, may he rest in peace, had a drug problem
-Mark is accused of sexual assault
-Naya, while beautiful and talented, seems to think the best route to fame is starting a public battle with her rapper boyfriends exes

It seems like some of the cast has found themselves a bit of undesirable drama, and I'm all for Chris steering clear, whether it's deliberate or not.

In the case of the TCA'a I honestly think it was a matter of 1.) He had a prior engagement and 2.) He's probably a little uncomfortable about putting on a public display over Cory's death.

That's not to put the other's down. In fact, I think Lea really had to publicly address it, and it's great that many of the others were there with her and for her. But things like that always seem a little forced and uncomfortable to me.

opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/12/2013, 12:34 pm

opals wrote:
I think maybe he has, but I don't think it's a bad thing when I think about it. Not to be a judgmental bitch, but
-Naya, while beautiful and talented, seems to think the best route to fame is starting a public battle with her rapper boyfriends exes

It seems like some of the cast has found themselves a bit of undesirable drama, and I'm all for Chris steering clear, whether it's deliberate or not.

In the case of the TCA'a I honestly think it was a matter of 1.) He had a prior engagement and 2.) He's probably a little uncomfortable about putting on a public display over Cory's death.

That's not to put the other's down. In fact, I think Lea really had to publicly address it, and it's great that many of the others were there with her and for her. But things like that always seem a little forced and uncomfortable to me.

Your post reminded me of something Chris said during his live chat yesterday. Maybe someone with better memory can quote his exact words but he talked how a lot of times he is unfairly criticized and blamed for (wrong) things his friends and acquaintances do.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/12/2013, 12:53 pm

I feel so sad for Chris. He doesn't deserve the hate he is getting by all these idiots. And I'm not talking only about CC shippers. I read on tumblr that a lot of angry Lea stans were tweeting him how lame his chat was, how no one cared about it and other awful things. 

If in their little minds they think they are supporting Lea and the cast or doing them a favor by attacking on of their friends, one of their family as the cast members call themselves a family they are terribly wrong. I'm sure Lea won't be happy with her "fans" for hating and insulting one of her closest friends who was with her during the hardest times.

Last edited by sheny on 8/12/2013, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/12/2013, 12:59 pm

opals wrote:

You make some excellent points. Chris has mentioned several times that he is very conscious of his image, and the fact that he is a role model. It would make sense that he would put distance between himself and people or situations that could lead to some bad press.

And can I just say that I thought Naya's outfit last night was a bit over the top for the teen choice event. There was no need to be that exposed at an event geared towards teens and tweens. I don't think that is fashion. She just looked like a whore.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/12/2013, 1:07 pm

I really liked what Chris said because it't true I have seen many times people hating on celebrities (well it doesnt have to be even celebrities) because of some mistakes their friends did or hating on them because they are socializing with people who are not always exactly perfect...which is totally stupid.

But i doubt he meant by it Glee cast, they have overall very good image but I saw in the past for example people being mad he is friend with Kathy Griffin (not saying he meant her)..
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/12/2013, 1:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:And can I just say that I thought Naya's outfit last night was a bit over the top for the teen choice event.  There was no need to be that exposed at an event geared towards teens and tweens. I don't think that is fashion.  She just looked like a whore.
Thank you for having the guts to say something so I didn't have to. That girl never gives it a rest, does she? I wonder if she covered up properly for Cory's funeral/memorial service or not? Don't get me wrong: ALL of the Glee cast members have sold sex and shown skin, the girls and the guys, some more than others. But Naya never, ever misses an opportunity to show as much skin as possible, even if the time or the place is not appropriate. Also, that song of hers where she called out/made fun of Sean's past exes? Not cool and very, very petty. Apparently, one of the exes she named in her song is pissed off at her childish, mean girl games...I don't blame her. I swear, every single day there is something new about Naya that just turns me off toward her so much. It's not just my dislike for Santana, but Naya herself just irks me. She's very shrewd, good looking, and yes...she is talented. Her personality leaves  a lot to be desired for me, though.

Sorry Naya fans. Don't kill me! I know I'd be insulted if anyone bashed Chris in my presence, so I don't blame you for being mad at me. It's just...this woman has annoyed me and set off my warning bells for years now. And it seems even moreso in the past year. But it's not just me. A lot of fans are even turning on her now. I think the ones who are mad at her for not being a lesbian in real life/for not dating Heather are being unfair toward her. But the fans who are legit disappointed in her very Kim Kardashian ways? I can see that they have a legit gripe.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/12/2013, 1:22 pm

Even though still I like Naya, lately her wardrobe choices has been a little bit too much. I know she's probably proud of her abs, but she's starting to look like a rapper singer, and I'm not sure if is because she's dating a rapper. I just wanted to vent that.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/12/2013, 1:24 pm

opals wrote:

Chris is one of the few Glee cast members who has a squeaky clean reputation so far. Only a handful of other cast members have not let the fame game get to them or change them for worse. Others I can think of would be Jenna, Kevin, Amber, Dianna, Harry...and that's it? Chris is determined to stay with this group in terms of PR. He doesn't want to be infamous. It makes sense that he wants to distance himself from trouble. He always said that he wanted to be known/respected for being a damn good actor and not for any other reason.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 8/12/2013, 1:37 pm

opals wrote:

Another, additional, possible factor in his not going could be because he KNEW the crisscolfers would (because the already were) make a batshit spectacle of his being there because Darren's hosting ("See, CrissColfer is ON!!!11!") and didn't want it distracting from Lea and what he knew she had planned for Cory.

If so, too bad he underestimated the cc'ers level of crazy and delusion and hatefulness, and that he's 'damned if he does and damned if he doesn't'.

I may be 'disappointed' he couldn't be a part of that moment with Lea and the other original 5 at the TCA's BUT I trust Chris had his reasons and that's good enough. (And I wasn't going to watch the TCA's because of the 'Never-ending adventures of the obnoxious, over-rated attention-whore who is past the expiration date on his 15 minutes: Darren Criss ' anyway... vomir  )

Last edited by SippyCupofLuv on 8/12/2013, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next