Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Jellyrolls 7/1/2013, 11:25 am

You know, I think half the thing with the discussion of Darren's bald spot is the fact that he is supposed to be playing a high school student, and Ryan did make that comment about "Who wants to see a high schooler with a bald spot?" To me, it's not the thought of Darren having a bald spot that I find amusing about this (because I really don't care about Darren's appearance because I don't find him at all attractive, and I'm also old enough to know that physical appearance is not important in a person), but I find it very amusing that Ryan's golden boy is the one who happens to be the one playing the high schooler with a bald spot. As I mentioned a few days back, I do recall noticing the bald spot when I went to the glee concert around the same time when Ryan made this comment (and honestly, beyond mentioning it to my sister at the concert, didn't give it much thought until others started mentioning it in the past year or so. But really, I think it just kind of shows the ridiculousness of casting guys in their mid-to-late 20's to play 15-18 year old high school students.

As I said, I give Darren some credit for not seeming to care about it when he's not in character. He doesn't seem to be trying to cover it, or wearing hats or whatever. He's not trying to gel his hair over the spot when he's out in public. A lot of men his age would be a lot more insecure about it, but Darren has been out onstage, going to events, and been photographed without seeming to care about it, which is especially surprising considering he's more a teen idol than anything else right now.

Also, I think part of the discussions get out of hand here, and on places like tumblr because when you are interacting with others, you sometimes just say things just to keep the conversation going or to just be silly or funny that you later regret. That's just part of normal human interaction sometimes.

I'm not a fan of Darren at all anymore. Though I liked him in season two, between the overexposure on the show (at the expense of actors and singers who are more talented than him), and his behavior in interviews and public appearances, I just don't like him. Add in the over zealousness of his fans (somewhat unfairly), and I just can't stomach him at all. I really long for the day when he is no longer working with Chris so that I can completely forget about him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  kac 7/1/2013, 12:42 pm

I agree with the not making fun of being bald, I have a sister who has very thin hair and it bothers her at times (she's gotten used to it). But saying things like "Wow, is he bald" isn't insulting, it is just an observation.

Like other posters here, I have no problem criticizing Blaine/Darren for behaviour issues. That is fair game in my opinion. And his fans' behaviour, I think that is the single most thing that started my dislike (I used to like him) for Darren.

On an off topic note HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 12:57 pm

There are new Teen Choice awards nominations.

Chord got nominated as scene stealer ptdr

Melissa and Blake got nominated as breakout stars ptdr.

I predict RIB had to bribe TCA to get some nominations. I guess they actually want to avoid that Chris and Lea win again. suspectt

They are getting VERY desperate to promote the Newbies and MK side.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/1/2013, 1:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:There are new Teen Choice awards nominations.

I predict RIB had to bribe TCA to get some nominations. I guess they actually want to avoid that Chris and Lea win again. suspectt

You forgot Becca. She is nominated for best villain.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 1:18 pm

Yeah, but I get her nomination. Everything else is just a joke.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 1:25 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Darren sure likes to say that he doesn't put much effort into his work, doesn't he?

Joking about not being a good actor should only be reserved for really talented actors, I mean Oscar-level talent. Of course if he's confident enough to state that then fine, go ahead. He surely has been a male lead in a prime time, TV show for entire year so I guess you CAN state that there is something in his being that screams talent. (No, I'm not being terribly sarcatic here.)

For a fantastic example of how to be self-deprecating as an actor, see Konstantin Stanislavsky's autobiography My Life in Art, which reads as delicious comedy about what a terrible actor Stanislavsky was. I particularly like the way he was so tall and gangly and awkward that he managed to break a piano--twice (if I recall correctly).

Funny as heck. But then again, Stanislavsky INVENTED modern acting. He can get away with pointing out all the ways he was awful in his career.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 1:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 23 BNYyWb2CIAEyfNg
Anyone want to pitch in and send our NY area members like Fantastica and Ranwing to see Darren's show?  If we each chip in a dime, they can go!  Who's in?

Oh, fantastica and Ranwing are in the NYC area? So am I. Perhaps we should have a get-together someday. Somewhere safe and public, like a coffee shop. ;-)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 7/1/2013, 1:30 pm

My husband is balding. Both of my sons almost certainly will as well. That is nothing to be ashamed of. I think it may be kind of inconvenient for Darren, but it is not his predicament that amuses me. It's the situation of Ryan Murphy, who TRASHED his original cast because high school students should not have bald spots, and the overzealous Darren fans who hijacked and ruined this show, that amuses me.

On a completely practical note, if Blaine suddenly takes a liking to hats, I will not be surprised. That's probably the best short-term solution.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 1:32 pm

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Sorry, had to bring this back after seeing a certain gif on tumblr:

"Some people don’t agree, but I feel totally different from Blaine, who is an attention whore who loves fabulous things."
-Darren Criss-

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 23 Tumblr_inline_morugetxNZ1qz4rgp

uhuhu

Sometimes people are oblivious about themselves, so it could that Darren don't see as an attentinon whore as Blaine is. But this gif proves otherwise. lol

Honestly, seeing this image from this angle makes it quite funny. If Darren weren't pushy so often, pulling a stunt like this from time to time would be cool and amusing. It's not like he was bothering anyone or interrupting anything with the silly jump. ;-) It makes me smile.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 1:37 pm

Re: the comment from Darren, to me it feels like extreme damage control. Since the finale, there has been an increasing dislike towards Blaine. His team noticed and now they try to save his face. However it is backfiring once again, as Darren to claim not to like attention is just so funny.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 1:38 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I remember how offended they got in the Klaine thread on the GF when anyone suggested Darren had a bald spot. They went ballistic, arguing that is was just the parting of the hair.

I wonder if they are still using that excuse? uhuhu

After I saw those tour pictures, I actually wondered for a bit if Blaine's hair wasn't already a pre-gelled wig. But I'm not sure they can do that. It would explain it's plastic-look, though, if he already had a wig for most scenes--excepting the exercise one, where his hair did look more natural.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/1/2013, 1:42 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Yeah, but I get her nomination. Everything else is just a joke.

It looks like the only newbies who didn't get nominations are Jacob and Alex. humhum I don't consider them good actors but both of them deserve this more than Melissa. Her character is so boring and almost everybody in the fandom hates Marley.

Last edited by sheny on 7/1/2013, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 7/1/2013, 1:44 pm

CloveGlee wrote:On a completely practical note, if Blaine suddenly takes a liking to hats, I will not be surprised.
He'll even wear them in bed.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 1:46 pm

sheny wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Yeah, but I get her nomination. Everything else is just a joke.

It looks like the only newbies who didn't get nominations are Jacob and Alex. humhum I don't consider them good actors but both of them deserve this more than Melissa. Her character is so boring and almost everybody in the fandom hates Marley.

In case she gets the price (which I actually suspect as the TCA are actually rigged) it will be the biggest joke for the Glee fandom. The meltdown will most likely be hilarious. RIB are really desperate to sell her as popular ptdr

This will backfire. I am sure of it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 1:47 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Wow, I just watched that When You Wish Upon A Star video, and it is pretty bad.  It's like he didn't know if he was trying to sing it or speak it, or which key to sing it in.  

Totally non-Glee related anecdote for having listened to badly sung songs. Here's a nice song performed by some of my Russian-speaking Estonian friends who studied together at the Moscow Art Theatre together. There, you learn to sing as a group even if you are not a singer originally:

I wish Glee sounded this good. I think they were visiting Moscow doing an outdoor performance of The Seagull. My closer friend is the one hanging off the lamp-post like Gene Kelly. Isn't he cute?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 2:19 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Oh, fantastica and Ranwing are in the NYC area? So am I. Perhaps we should have a get-together someday. Somewhere safe and public, like a coffee shop. ;-)

i am in queens. flushing to be exact. but i can take the train. i have to find a day when my mom doesn't need to see either the doctor or physical therapist or some other medical related stuff. these days all i do is taking care of her. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/1/2013, 2:33 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 23 BNYyWb2CIAEyfNg
Anyone want to pitch in and send our NY area members like Fantastica and Ranwing to see Darren's show?  If we each chip in a dime, they can go!  Who's in?

Oh, fantastica and Ranwing are in the NYC area? So am I. Perhaps we should have a get-together someday. Somewhere safe and public, like a coffee shop. ;-)

I would love to get together with the local friends here! I work in Manhattan and would not be adverse to coming in on a weekend. danse3 

I was keeping an eye on Darren's "sold out" shows in NY and Huntington (which is about a 20 minute drive from my front door) - all of othem had tickets available at the box office on the day of the performance. Not to mention the scads lanquishing on StubHub. tonguue 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 2:35 pm

hollywood is known to turn beautiful people into monsters, thanks to makeup magic. a little lack of hair is the least problematic. you can always wear wigs, or use hair extensions, or other old and new fashion tricks. so far blaine's gel trick works pretty well. just let him keep on gellin'.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 2:36 pm

ps. to my NY friends - don't even think about meeting at DC's concert. I won't go to his concert!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/1/2013, 2:38 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:There are new Teen Choice awards nominations.

The only way Chord could steal a scene is at gunpoint. Melissa and Blake couldn't break their way out of a wet paper bag. The only one of the noobs that has even a remote chance in hell of winning their catagory would be Becca and even that she's up against much better competition. Ain't gonna happen.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 3:00 pm

did chris and lea got anything at all for hte new teen choice award? or is it kid choice award? these "awards" don't mean a shit but i am just curious.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 3:04 pm

MissSoniaPP wrote:
bayth wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Just out of curiosity, is his father bald?

Could be from his mothers' side of the family.  My father had a full head of hair until he died.  My mothers' brothers were all bald.  I have 3 brothers that are going bald.  They're in their late 50s.

Male pattern baldness is more transmitted by mother

Is a receding hairline also transmitted by the mother?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/1/2013, 3:07 pm

tanita_mors wrote:honestly, this is the 21st century. he should just have a hair transplant (and i hope he does because it's nothing to be ashamed off, especially in the silicone valley), unless he plans to shave his head, because i find it unacceptable for a young man of his status and spotlight to look like that. i have friends at collage who are already half bald, but they aren't professional actors.

If you are balding, take advantage of it:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 23 357_47935146552_7877_n
Of course, you have to have the right kind of face to get away with it.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 7/1/2013, 3:20 pm

The shape of the skull also counts, but Agassi showed the way on how to handle getting bald swiftly and launched the trend. Though I'm not sure it would really suit Darren, since his Mohawk wasn't as effective as Mark Salling's in Props in S3
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 3:26 pm

he can always shave off just top of the head and keep the rest like those catholic monks. you never know when one day it would be just as fashionable.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next