Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

+31
ColdFlame96
confusing
coxfire
glimmerle
bayth
fantastica
Ranwing
Ireth
M&M
AnneNeville
TimF
SippyCupofLuv
opals
sjonnepon
valkeakuulas
ariel189
Divalicious
rooszie
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Delight
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
BigDestiny
brisallie
arina
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
ChrisColferFan1
35 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 5:03 pm

fantastica wrote:some movies roles are better rejected. a lot of teen roles are in stupid horror movies or other silly comedies that nobody remembers. it's better to stay away from these if you already have some name recognition. if you have never acted then it's better than nothing.

Speaking of teen rom-coms that no one remembers, I'm pretty sure Cory was in one like 2 years ago with Selena Gomez or something. Y'know, back when he could still barely pull off being a teenager. Wink
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  brisallie 5/13/2013, 5:19 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
fantastica wrote:some movies roles are better rejected. a lot of teen roles are in stupid horror movies or other silly comedies that nobody remembers. it's better to stay away from these if you already have some name recognition. if you have never acted then it's better than nothing.

Speaking of teen rom-coms that no one remembers, I'm pretty sure Cory was in one like 2 years ago with Selena Gomez or something. Y'know, back when he could still barely pull off being a teenager. Wink

lol I saw that film, but only because of Cory and Leighton Meester (I've a sort of girl crush on her). But Cory's role was minimal, though luckily he was paid for filming in Europe.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 5:21 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

lol I saw that film, but only because of Cory and Leighton Meester (I've a sort of girl crush on her). But Cory's role was minimal, though luckily he was paid for filming in Europe.

What was his role? And well, at least he got to go to Europe. That's a plus. suure
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/13/2013, 5:24 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

It was Monte Carlo and I quite liked it. Embarassed It was quite good in its genre and he did a really good job in it playing a small town boy getting ready to marry. I liked how they portrayed him in his scenes in Europe, with guidebook and all. Very typical young American travelling in Europe. It was a small role and I think he played a guy around his twenties, the big brother or the fiancé of the big sister.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 5:27 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

It was Monte Carlo and I quite liked it. Embarassed It was quite good in its genre and he did a really good job in it playing a small town boy getting ready to marry. I liked how they portrayed him in his scenes in Europe, with guidebook and all. Very typical young American travelling in Europe. It was a small role and I think he played a guy around his twenties, the big brother or the fiancé of the big sister.

I guess him and Chris are just experts at playing small-town boys. I might watch it sometime.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 5:36 pm

AnneNeville wrote:So basically Darren should NOT be singing leading roles on Broadway. Ever. Is that a fair conclusion? *

* In terms of it being likely to do real harm to his voice.

ETA: Or would he be able to safely do something like Rex Harrison's Higgins in My Fair Lady (say), where it's mostly talk-singing? I'm thinking of the eight-show-a-week schedule and vocal damage.
I don't think Darren's voice has got the stamina/strength to do 8 shows a week, whether he is singing or talking. Rex Harrison may not have sung in 'My Fair Lady' but his 'talking/singing' also included some very good vocal techniques.

brisallie wrote:Thanks for the answer Marie, but it was me who asked this. Anyway, thanks for taking your time to reply all of the questions that have been done to you Smile
Oops, sorry, I quoted so many people that the quoting got messed up. blushh

Just to make sure: I really don't want Darren to mess up and damage his voice, at all. Especially in my profession I know how horrible that is. But I do wish they would let him sing and act a lot less in the next season.
So I'll go for shipping him to Timbuktu, as Kim suggested. tonguue

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 22 6623335_std
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 5:40 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:It was Monte Carlo and I quite liked it. Embarassed It was quite good in its genre and he did a really good job in it playing a small town boy getting ready to marry. I liked how they portrayed him in his scenes in Europe, with guidebook and all. Very typical young American travelling in Europe. It was a small role and I think he played a guy around his twenties, the big brother or the fiancé of the big sister.
I saw it with my oldest daughter, mainly because of Cory. But even he couldn't stop us from turning the tv off after about half the movie was over. We didn't like it at all, the girls were so obnoxious, and Cory was hardly in it at all, so we didn't finish the movie. And we even paid for it (rented it)!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/13/2013, 5:41 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:It was Monte Carlo and I quite liked it. Embarassed It was quite good in its genre and he did a really good job in it playing a small town boy getting ready to marry. I liked how they portrayed him in his scenes in Europe, with guidebook and all. Very typical young American travelling in Europe. It was a small role and I think he played a guy around his twenties, the big brother or the fiancé of the big sister.

I guess him and Chris are just experts at playing small-town boys. I might watch it sometime.

I don't know why I even remember the film. I just loved how it was placed in France and South France and the the story of girls travelling together was fun. There were countles of stereotypes about french and europeans but they were funny.

And in reality the part where Cory's characters girlfriend is also a small town girl and getting doubts about the marriage because of the trip was facinating. And they did deliberately make his character kinda over-likable but for my taste not too much likable...just so. (Or maybe it was all down to Cory's acting?)

Of course they are not the main couple but the HS graduate played by Gomez is and her falling in love/tricking a rich dude. I've never liked Leighton Meester but in this one she just sort of flowed there.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 5:42 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
I saw it with my oldest daughter, mainly because of Cory. But even he couldn't stop us from turning the tv off after about half the movie was over. We didn't like it at all, the girls were so obnoxious, and Cory was hardly in it at all, so we didn't finish the movie. And we even paid for it (rented it)!

Well, the little glimpse of Cory I saw in the previews made it tempting, but I really can't stand Selena Gomez so I decided to not waste my money or time.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2013, 5:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

brisallie wrote:Thanks for the answer Marie, but it was me who asked this. Anyway, thanks for taking your time to reply all of the questions that have been done to you Smile
Oops, sorry, I quoted so many people that the quoting got messed up. blushh

Just to make sure: I really don't want Darren to mess up and damage his voice, at all. Especially in my profession I know how horrible that is. But I do wish they would let him sing and act a lot less in the next season.
So I'll go for shipping him to Timbuktu, as Kim suggested. tonguue

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 22 6623335_std

Is fine. I understood if you messed up because we were many people asking you things at the same time.

And also I understand as the professional teacher you're, isn't good to wish the worst to students, not mattering how much you dislike that person. But sometimes is inevitable.

LOL,if I recall, there was a a time in the 80's and 90's that in cartoons all characters that were hated by others, used to be sent to Timbuktu. And until today I'm wondering if is a real place?

@valkeakuulas, don't feel embarrased because you liked MONTECARLO, I liked it too. As you pointed ,isn't a bad movie for its genre.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2013, 7:29 pm

timbuktu is a real place, in western Africa, a part of Mali I believe. oh, here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu very nice place. blaine will love it. he can sing all day/night there in the desert.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 7:34 pm

fantastica wrote:timbuktu is a real place, in western Africa, a part of Mali I believe. oh, here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu very nice place. blaine will love it. he can sing all day/night there in the desert.

LOL, Kim your snark amuses me.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2013, 7:38 pm

thank you! hehe, i am the one who came up w/ the name for this thread, so i should take full advantage of it. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/13/2013, 10:12 pm

CrissColfer fans seriously need to get lives:

Spoiler:

someone also photoshopped will out of one of the other pictures.

Seriously, these people are nuts.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2013, 10:23 pm

That pic isn't the only one badly photoshopped
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 22 Tumblr_mmrctePcL71qgxqy0o2_500

Do you see who's been erased from this pic?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 10:36 pm

brisallie wrote:That pic isn't the only one badly photoshopped
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 22 Tumblr_mmrctePcL71qgxqy0o2_500

CrissColfer fans are really fucking annoying. Why can't they just accept that Chris is happy guy with a cute guy who's not named Darren? If they were real fans, they'd want him to be happy. Assholes. tronco
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2013, 2:19 am

OMG, I was browsing through the Glee Forum and I couldn't believe how loathsome it's become. WTF? The
Blaine, Sam and Noob stans have completely taken over that forum and the Moderators are themselves bashing/mocking others all the time.

It seems to be the last refuge of those who worship the McKinely Noobs... Rolling Eyes

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2013, 2:43 am

Buenos wrote:OMG, I was browsing through the Glee Forum and I couldn't believe how loathsome it's become. WTF? The
Blaine, Sam and Noob stans have completely taken over that forum and the Moderators are themselves bashing/mocking others all the time.

It seems to be the last refuge of those who worship the McKinely Noobs... Rolling Eyes

I have an account there,but have not been there in a long time.I won't be going back there.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/14/2013, 7:21 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:That pic isn't the only one badly photoshopped

CrissColfer fans are really fucking annoying. Why can't they just accept that Chris is happy guy with a cute guy who's not named Darren? If they were real fans, they'd want him to be happy. Assholes. tronco

I think was once was discussed the reason behind crisscolfers, and it turns out there're a bunch of blarrens stans who are fulfilling a sort of weird fantasy or are just extending Klaine to real life. But not all klainers are crisscolfers.

Buenos wrote:OMG, I was browsing through the Glee Forum and I couldn't believe how loathsome it's become. WTF? The

This the main reason why I haven't there in a while. Last time I was there, I had a headache because I just feel there's a war between noobs fans and those who prefers NY, and think NY has more potential. For me, those who're noobs fans are new fans or hardcore gleeks who can't get away from the original "spirit" of the show, that's about a Glee Club of underdogs. Move on!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2013, 11:53 am

This the main reason why I haven't there in a while. Last time I was there, I had a headache because I just feel there's a war between noobs fans and those who prefers NY, and think NY has more potential. For me, those who're noobs fans are new fans or hardcore gleeks who can't get away from the original "spirit" of the show, that's about a Glee Club of underdogs. Move on!

I doubt they are hard core Gleeks as they've dumped the original characters fast enough.
The irony is that the Noobs are not even underdogs anymore. Its just bland characters who sing and dance for fun. I think the generic nonthreatening non personalities appeals to some, which is fine. However that forum can't seem to tolerate differences of opinion very well, and a lot of the posters are Blaine Stans who it's obvious will dump the noobs when it's no longer convenient for Blaine to be highlighted.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 12:13 pm

Getting hell on Tumblr now for protesting the erasure of Will from the Upfront photographs. . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/14/2013, 12:18 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Getting hell on Tumblr now for protesting the erasure of Will from the Upfront photographs. . .

This is why I've limited my tumble account to Fullmetal Alchemist. The fans aren't nearly as vicious.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 12:22 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Getting hell on Tumblr now for protesting the erasure of Will from the Upfront photographs. . .

This is why I've limited my tumble account to Fullmetal Alchemist. The fans aren't nearly as vicious.

Well, I was provocative in both tagging and title, but seriously--erasing inconvenient gay people from photos is WAY beyond OK. I'll answer asks for a while, I guess, then try to get something done today.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/14/2013, 12:27 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Well, I was provocative in both tagging and title, but seriously--erasing inconvenient gay people from photos is WAY beyond OK. I'll answer asks for a while, I guess, then try to get something done today.

They're provocative in everything else, so they can get over it. Why should we always have to take the high road? The way I see it is, if they're gonna be assholes, we should call them out on it. Do you have a link to your post, though? I kind of want to read it now.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 12:31 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

They're provocative in everything else, so they can get over it. Why should we always have to take the high road? The way I see it is, if they're gonna be assholes, we should call them out on it. Do you have a link to your post, though? I kind of want to read it now.

It's subtly titled Don't Erase Queer People, Assholes.

I'm getting some fun asks, too. Anons are off, or I'd be slaughtered.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next