Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 4/2/2013, 5:10 pm

I don't want to diss Darren or Lea or anyone because I've seen performers less talented then they go on to stardom.

All I'm saying is that Chris Colfer is in a great position in Glee being a public platform to stay visible and get the opportunity for more roles.

It got his foot in the door to get his movie made and his children books' published. So while Glee may underutilize his talents, all things being equal, his being in a hit TV show, even one in decline is better than not. Once a TV Show is over, all bets are off.

That he will have a career in show biz for the next few decades i'm cautiously optimistic, he has the looks and talent to stand out and be distinct. All that has been said about his hard work ethic, his good standing in the acting community, the way his costars and peers seem to respect him will stand him in good stead I agree. I guess where I differ is that I don't think Glee is dragging him down. Personally I hope the show goes on to at least 7 years and that Chris has the option to either renew ties with a more lucrative contract with the show at $$$$$ or move on if that it was he chooses at that point. 26 is still very, very young.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Lottie2303 4/2/2013, 5:18 pm

Buenos wrote:I don't want to diss Darren or Lea or anyone because I've seen performers less talented then they go on to stardom.

All I'm saying is that Chris Colfer is in a great position in Glee being a public platform to stay visible and get the opportunity for more roles.

It got his foot in the door to get his movie made and his children books' published. So while Glee may underutilize his talents, all things being equal, his being in a hit TV show, even one in decline is better than not. Once a TV Show is over, all bets are off.

That he will have a career in show biz for the next few decades i'm cautiously optimistic, he has the looks and talent to stand out and be distinct. All that has been said about his hard work ethic, his good standing in the acting community, the way his costars and peers seem to respect him will stand him in good stead I agree. I guess where I differ is that I don't think Glee is dragging him down. Personally I hope the show goes on to at least 7 years and that Chris has the option to either renew ties with a more lucrative contract with the show at $$$$$ or move on if that it was he chooses at that point. 26 is still very, very young.

I am actually not even intending to diss Criss or Michele. But it is an obersation, and especially Lea has a extremely negative image outside of the Glee fandom, I knew about LONG before I watched Glee. I remember following the Les Mis news, and every time her name was mentioned a large majorty immediately dismissed her and didn't want her associated with that movie whatsoever. Same for Criss, outside of the Glee or Starkid fandom, no one knows him. I just knew him from images as 'the strange kid with too much hair gel and bow ties'. To be fair, I also didn't know Chris Colfer, but I also never heard anything negative (compared to Lea). He also has the awards or/and award nominations (compared to Criss). That is the big difference.

After most TV shows almost everyone, sometimes even all, actors disappear. Some extremely talented actors never got work again. Still, Chris has developed, is still developing and will continue so creating a great foundation. He is doing all necessary steps to ensure a career post-Glee and I hope he A) chooses the right projects; but also b) has the opportunity to chose the right projects. Post-Glee will be a scary time as fan, as it can go either way, but I am confident he is doing all correct steps so far.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2013, 5:37 pm

I think Glee is dragging him down now. Kurt does not get enough screentime nor any satisfying storylines, and his fans have either stopped watching Glee and stick to Kurt edits, or are about to quit the show.
Kurt is not the inspirational character he was anymore, as he now is mostly the (ex-)bf of Blaine and sidekick of Rachel. No more critical acclaim, no Kurt-centric episode to submit for an Emmy.

To push Blam and the noobs forwards RIB/Fox are limiting the visibility of the older cast, and the industry might forget about Chris, as he doesn't get much exposure besides the false advertising Glee promos anymore.
In the mean time Chris is stuck to the Glee schedule, not able to commit himself to another project like a film or series outside the summer hiatus. All he can do is write books and scripts, and that gets him some buzz, but no face time as an actor on screen or a stage.

So on the one hand Glee provides Chris with a steady income and that's nice, but otoh Glee is keeping him hostage without him getting much exposure out of it to keep his popularity at the same level it was in the earlier seasons. If he gets offers now, RIB/Fox aren't letting him free, and by the time he is free there might be no offers anymore.
If Chris wants to launch his future career off of Glee to other projects there still has to be something substantial to set off of, and the way things are going now Glee is turning into a messy oozing puddle fast.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/2/2013, 5:57 pm

So on the one hand Glee provides Chris with a steady income and that's nice, but otoh Glee is keeping him hostage without him getting much exposure out of it to keep his popularity at the same level it was in the earlier seasons. If he gets offers now, RIB/Fox aren't letting him free, and by the time he is free there might be no offers anymore.
If Chris wants to launch his future career off of Glee to other projects there still has to be something substantial to set off of, and the way things are going now Glee is turning into a messy oozing puddle fast.

The catch 22 of being in a TV show is that most of the time you can't get field the offers you get because you are committed, and most of the offers come because you are in a hit TV show.

As to exposure and popularity, Chris can ride the 2 Emmy noms, Golden Globe, SAG award and People Choice award all by the age of 23 for a few more years. If FOX is willing to let Chris work "part time" as he gets a bigger paycheck than most of the cast, that is going to be on FOX and Glee's shoulders. I just think Chris is so well known and iconic that even a "cameo" on a TV show like Glee is giving him constant high profile to the public.

I suspect within the Hollywood community it is an open secret that Glee is woefully under utilizing Kurt. My hunch is that Ryan Murphy giving all his noobs and boy toys (figuratively speaking) including Darren so much attention and focus to the detriment of his veteran cast (Not only KUrt, but Rachel, Finn and Santana) is harming RM's rep more than Chris. There is going to a lot of side eying if next year the veteran cast is shunted to the side once again Glee struggles. It's RM that will be looked on as a joke.

At the worst Chris will be through Glee at age 26 so I hardly think it's going to harm his career long term.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/2/2013, 6:01 pm

Marie, if Chris didn't have so many projects outside of Glee that have gotten him both notice and praise, I'd share your fears. But he's got a new book coming out this summer, which is already generating excitment. He's got (hopefully) another film in the works. He is taken seriously as more than just "that kid on Glee". So yes, Glee got him started and gave him that running jump, but everything that he's gained outside of the show has been because of his own talent and drive. People might have paid attention to him because he was on Glee, but being on the show wouldn't have gotten him to this stage if he didn't have all the other talents to back him up.

If Glee further reduces his screen time (such as doing that stupid half-season proposal focusing strictly on McKinley for season 5), that frees up a lot of Chris's time to do those outside project. He could do a stint in a live show (and I'd love to see it something really meaty that he can make his own) or do that movie that he wants and have more than three weeks for principle shooting. I don't think he would let the down time slow him down. And while he (and Lea and Cory) aren't on the show and we're stuck with nothing but Blarren and the Noobs, half the talk will be about where he is and what he's doing (as well as how much better the show would be if he and Lea were there).

If Chris's only prospects were tied to Glee, I'd also be afraid. But he's already moved so far beyond it. I think that he will be fine regardless of what happenes in the show next season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/2/2013, 6:33 pm

Buenos wrote:I suspect within the Hollywood community it is an open secret that Glee is woefully under utilizing Kurt. My hunch is that Ryan Murphy giving all his noobs and boy toys (figuratively speaking) including Darren so much attention and focus to the detriment of his veteran cast (Not only KUrt, but Rachel, Finn and Santana) is harming RM's rep more than Chris. There is going to a lot of side eying if next year the veteran cast is shunted to the side once again Glee struggles. It's RM that will be looked on as a joke.

At the worst Chris will be through Glee at age 26 so I hardly think it's going to harm his career long term.

Totally agreed. I also believe it will harm the actors, it is a lose/lose situation.

I still strongly believe that Ryan is forced to add more Rachel/Kurt in S5. There is a reason the new season isn't renewed yet and I believe FOX didn't like the idea of further sidelining the NYC. Reilly made it really clear to focus more on NYC and therefore automatically its characters.

As I said above, S4 might actually be postive for Chris. His agents can base on definitive facts that he and his character are strongly influencing Glee, based on:

- Everyone only talked about Kurt at the S3 finale. A minority cared about Finchel, the intended peak of the episode.
- The increasing complaints about silencing Kurt in his own storylines and the decreased screentime.
- The decreasing ITunes sales and viewer
- The desperate attempt to start recreating S1 and its characters now
- Unrelated to Glee, but SBL as an Indie was actually quite succesful, wasn't it??! (or am I making up facts?)

This means, he may actually has great potential to be cast in other projects as it is shown based on this facts he does not only have Kurt fans, but actually a major Chris fandom, and that the quality of Glee decreases without him being actively present. In the long run, strangely enough, S4 might be an incentive for other people to hire him. Even though it is bad for us fans during this season.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2013, 6:39 pm

I agree that it's RIB and Fox who get the blame for everything in the end, and the talented old cast will be looked upon with pity, for being underused. RIB are already looking like fools.

The Emmy noms have all but dried up. Lea and Chris still won the PCA this year despite being sidelined on Glee, but would they win it again next year, if Glee continues to shove them in the background? A lot of fans are fickle: when they get frustrated for not seeing their favorite character/actor anymore they might move on to other characters/actors on maybe another show. They have been moving on already this season.

And although Chris can write his books and film maybe film 1 Indie movie a year, appear on a live show or a project as 'Prop 8' incidentally, he still needs permission from Fox for everything he does. And so far Glee is not accomodating him much with his projects, like his book signings and interviews for SBL and TLoS.

I hope you two (@Ranwing and @Buenos) are right and the buzz and acclaim for Lea, Chris and maybe Cory will be solid enough till after Glee is over. But I worry, and RIB are not helping, on the contrary: they still ride on the old cast's coattails of acclaim and fanbase to promote the Noob and Blee show, but they are feeding them (Rachel, Kurt, Finn, Santana) only scraps, starving them. it's enough for them to stay alive, but not enough to really live.
They are eating into their 'fat' and reserve (their popularity and visibility in the business and the fan's patience), and I just hope it will last till they are free. And I hope that the fandom gives RIB/Fox hell if season 5 really is similar to or even worse than season 4.

-EDIT- @Lottie, I think you're right that season 4 has shown how valuable Chris (and also Lea and Cory) is to the show's quality, and how talented he is in comparison to the drivel we now have on Glee. And that he has managed to be successful outside of Glee.
If they do some research people in the business can easily see how Chris is a good addition and fan draw for another project. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/2/2013, 7:37 pm

honestly, if chris continues to be on the show for a few more years, i at least hope he will have the time, inclination and aproval to at least do a few guest spots on other shows. and i vote diversity. from comedy, to drama to thriller horror. it's no secret that i always wanted to see chris in the game of thrones or dexter and this year i'd like to add once upon a time to that list (given that he writes children's fairy tale fiction it would be hilarious if he played the author of henry's mystical once upon a time book) or maybe even something like a guest spot on castle/bones (which is on fox) or sf show like warehouse 13 (if sci fi doesn't canceled it). of course, non of these are at all realistic, but a girl can dream.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2013, 7:53 pm

Oh, Chris playing e.g. a criminal on Castle or Bones would be great. Do want. miamiam
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/2/2013, 8:10 pm

Oh no, please no Bones or Castle. Chris as a criminal, bring it on, but I'd prefer so many other TV shows. I'd be more interested to see him in the Following (even though I haven't watched the last few episodes) as batshit cult follower. It is a FOX show, so if they'd be any opportunity, this might work out.

My dream is still him being part of great, well written, character driven cable television show. Something akin to Dexter where he can really show all his acting chops.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/2/2013, 8:26 pm

Not going to happen but I would kill for Chris to be play a nerdy geek nemesis to Sheldon in "The Big Bang Theory". Chris would kill the comedic zingers on that show!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/2/2013, 8:46 pm

grrrr.... someone just smashed my car window.... thank god there's nothing valuable inside, but I still have to fix the damn window!!!! I hate everything!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/3/2013, 1:47 am

Kim! I'm so sorry that happened to you! :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/3/2013, 1:50 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Kim! I'm so sorry that happened to you! :(

I am sorry too. I hope they catch whoever did it and he/she they has to at the very least pay to get the window fix. :( :angry:
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/3/2013, 2:00 am

I would've loved to have seen Chris guest star on "Law and Order: SVU" (back when it was good) because they are so dark and twisted. They like to dive into the psychology of sexual crimes, at least, they did when the psychologist character was still there. The show also likes to focus on social inequality and how it can sometimes victimize people. For a TV-14 rating, they can be pretty brutal. Chris would've made a great victim-turns-perp type of guest star (a good way to break out of the Kurt Hummel mold), but of course, the show really kind of sucks now. My mom was a fan of "Six Feet Under" a few years ago, and I watched along with her. I loved that show and it would do Chris some good to be on a truly adult, deep and uncensored show that takes risks like this one did.

Personally, I can see Chris with the type of career that Tammy Blanchard has. She is not a household name and most of you probably have no idea who she is. She is a very talented (and still somewhat young, only's in her mid 30's) character actress. They say that character actors are more talented than full blown movie stars, and I think that can be true sometimes. Tammy does everything. Guest starring on TV, TV movies, Hollywood films, even Broadway. She's even played the iconic Judy Garland in a TV movie. She also doesn't shy away from playing mentally ill characters (like being the title role in the "Sybil" remake). Basically, she chooses her projects and roles well, and I know that she'll never be in crap like "The House Bunny" or something. I can see Chris having an offbeat career like this.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/3/2013, 4:02 am

I would also love to see Chris as guest star on many tv shows to see him in different kind of roles.

For the sake of comedy I would like to see him on sitcom. I remember I really used to want him on Modern Family but I haven't been enjoying the show much lately... I love the idea of Chris playing nerdy nemesis to Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, that it something I never imagining for Chris but the more I like it. It would be totally different from the characters he has played so far and him sharing scene with Jim Parsons would be comedic gold. Smile

I watch Castle so him guest staring there would be more than welcomed but I would also like to see him play a criminal on something more dramatic, psychological with more depth.

Him being on OUAT is something I have thought about and always wanted, I think Chris would love to be guest star on this show considering his interest in fairytales and costumes and all that. I would like to see him the best probably as fairytale character and selfishly I would love to see him sharing scene with Lana Parrilla because she is my favorite and seeing two favorite together - what's not to love wub . Although I don't enjoy current season that much as I was the previous one.

I don't watch Game of thrones (although I am thinking about it) but from what I heard of it it would be very interesting and guest staring on something this critically acclaimed would be only plus for Chris's career.

Unfortunately typecasting rule in showbussiness so I would not be surprised if most of offers Chris gets are Kurt 2.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/3/2013, 4:22 am

Can you imagine Chris as young King Joffrey in "Game of Thrones" a complete sociopath! Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/3/2013, 5:39 am

I want to see Chris being a bad, bad person. Maybe a villain with bo consicene adn actual motives at all, as those characters are the most creepy ones to watch.

I also consider to start watching Game of Thrones. However, I'd like to see Chris in something totally new/never seen before kind of show.

I bet he rejected so many parts of being the gay highschool student. As much as I love SBL and his drive to create his own movie, it is also rather sad that he actually needs to create his own movie in order to proveI want to see Chris being a bad, bad person. Maybe a villain with no conscience and actual motives at all, as those characters are the creepiest ones to watch. I have MAJOR hopes for the Asylum movie, as it sounds like it might go in that direction.

I also consider starting watching Game of Thrones. However, I'd like to see Chris in something totally new/never seen before kind of show. However, we have to wait until Glee is over until he hopefully gets new, exciting projects coming up.

I wonder if he would play a part in case LoS ever gets made. Maybe Froggy???

I bet he rejected so many parts of being the effeminate, gay highschool student (I even believe I read that once in an interview). As much as I love SBL and his drive to create his own movie, it is also rather sad that he actually needs to create his own movie in order to prove he can play different, non-sexuality related roles.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/3/2013, 7:08 am

Someone on another board posted this gif set. Be ready to either laugh hysterically, throw something, or retch: take your pick (I think I did all 3, tbh).

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o4_r1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o1_r1_250
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o3_r2_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o2_r1_250
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o5_r1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o6_r3_250

The caption: "All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do"

Our poor suffering ~heroes. So inspirational. vomit2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/3/2013, 8:53 am

For me none of them are inspirational heroes. It could be Finn, but I'm tired everybody is mentioning he's a "hero". At the end I just think he's nice guy who has good intentions behinds, but he should control his temper.

who made this?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/3/2013, 8:57 am

^I don't know who made it. The poster on the other board did not include a link to the original.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/3/2013, 9:22 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I don't know who made it. The poster on the other board did not include a link to the original.

Oh it's fine. I just was curious to know what kind of fan who could made sth like this.

And as regards as what kind of role Chris could get in the future (near future), I'm wondering if they're roles in which your sexuality isn't addressed, because is more important how you're as a person, instead of who you're in love (or hooking up) with.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/3/2013, 11:03 am

People, what is there to consider about the Game of Thrones. Start watching that shit NOW !!!!
The third season is actually airing here as well, on our HBO. Monday nights. Embarassed And billboards for it are all over Belgrade.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 39 Fotogr10
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/3/2013, 11:34 am

Seconding the notion of - What are you waiting for? WATCH GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!! It's amazing. My only warning is be careful who you give your heart to in that show, because a lot of people die and will die, and no favorite is safe. :(

And when you watch it, and see how it expertly handles a huge 30+ character cast in a satisfying way that moves forward all of their stories and gives all the (major) characters development.....you will grow to loathe RIB's writing incompetence even more. tonguue

As for Chris being in it, I've heard people say he would be great at playing a character from the 5th book, a Targaryen. I've only read the first book, so I'm not sure who that character is though.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/3/2013, 11:38 am

Because GoT isn’t shown in Germany yet, I have not found it online and without any pre-knowledge, I am not going to buy the DVD/BluRay. One day, though! That is for sure! It looks amazing!

Okay, let’s be fair, Blaine and Sam are overall actually nice characters. They are so annoying because are constantly shown and in case of Blaine, has to win in everything. But I believe in real life, they’d be nice friends. None of them are heroes. That is for sure! No one on Glee is a hero and shouldn’t be. There are still highschool teenagers without any real threat to develop heroic traits! It is not like they participate within the Hunger Games…

The one about Sam even fits somehow, as it just indicates his happiness. That is fine. Blaine inflicted the loneliness himself. People should stop pitying him. It is not like he had no chance to be in a happy, committed relationship. Finn is a great character, but he is no hero whatsoever! His character is actually so uneven and so unbalanced with Rachel (even though the writers desperately try to put the two of them on the same level in order to make them work as couple. Yeah, they constantly fail) and repeatedly makes major mistakes. It is actually so funny how they always sell him as the heroic character when he is everything but!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next