Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Delight 2/25/2013, 8:58 am

Am I evil for being gleeful over Glee's plunging iTunes sales? Twisted Evil

The song choices and distribution had definitely screwed up the narrative on more than one occasion, so I'm not sorry to see the Glee songs chart so badly now.

I guess it's to be expected that with the dropping viewership of Glee, there would be less people wanting to buy the Glee songs as well.

Buenos wrote:
For example Chris' "Bring him home " charted higher than Darren's Queen cover of "Can't stop me now" for all that it's a show tune and had to compete against Lea's version too.

Knowing this makes me happy. I'm so happy for Chris. Smile
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 2/25/2013, 12:57 pm

The ITUNES sales IMO are a direct consequence of the whole narrative change up of Glee, getting rid of the older characters for the most part and making 90 % of the SL/song focus on the "improved" New Directions.

Rachel singing is hardly plot connected to the main narrative, the older characters sing on ocassion so that the ITUNES crowd isn't as invested in connecting the songs to the show.

Like an old whore in a street corner, they've tried every "trick" to recapture the magic of ITUNES with the revamped McKinley choir, with the most blatant literally copying the look of the old ND Red shirts/jeans of "Don't stop Believing " in "Some Girls".

It hasn't worked because if people think the show isn't as good, they are not going to buy the songs. Glee songs depend on story context and connection.

Comparing last year to this year, this year's "best" weeks, Episode 4 and Episode 13 would be ho hum middle of the road nothing special. Every other week in the 14 weeks so far would be disaster ITUNES wise last year.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/25/2013, 3:35 pm

I think having the same people singing the majority of the songs is a factor also. They can compare what they might purchase to something they already have and say why buy this new song, I have 3 just like it.

Lea has a great voice, but the songs all sound the same. I would rather the songs be spread out more, so each time you get to hear someone it remains more special. Wouldn't really affect Chris, because he sings less than any other major character, but we might get a few songs more.

Part of this is response to hearing about another Rachel song and Santana singing. Same people, all of the time.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 1:57 am

Chris is playing a very important supporting character in his next film. Smile

I think Glee is suffering a backlash, to put it simpily. Anything that is really popular, especially with young people, always goes through this period of "growing pains", if you will.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2013, 12:34 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Tumblr_mj12haqezT1qj5p41o1_500

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Tumblr_mj12haqezT1qj5p41o2_500

I HATE BLEE AND BLAM!!!!!!!! tronco sayian antifana sw022 brikwol

(Didn't put in spoiler bars, as sadly enough, Blaine singing is hardly a spoiler but more a given fact this season.)

So many songs all the time on the Lima side, so many songs Blaine is involved in, Sam being the new golden boy wonder of Glee. Aaargh, I'm not sure I can take it much longer anymore.
G*ddammit. badday

(Sorry: temporarily loss of my cool, due to a headache and stiff neck. Even blinking my eyes hurts.) mince
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/2/2013, 12:42 pm

Blarren's singing live? Ugh. And he's part of six musical numbers? Ugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/2/2013, 1:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Blarren's singing live? Ugh. And he's part of six musical numbers? Ugh.

Agree, it seems I keep on liking Blaine less and lesseach pasting day.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/2/2013, 2:28 pm

A lot of me even wanting to watch the show relies on the next episode being even slightly fair to Kurt and let him have his own life. I don't fricking care if they destroy Adams character in favor of Blaine or make Adam Kurt's friend, I just want Kurt to be a human being, whether single or in a relationship. Why can't we get that? I know we're all somewhat having minor meltdowns out there and does make me wonder if they have finally succeeded in alienating all fans of the original characters by the end of season 4?

It's not even funny how seriously these writers think they forcefully push Klaine being lovers and Blam being bros, I hate it. And what I hate the most about it is that they are sacrificing Kurt in the prosess. This show could have so much potential after this dip in quality and finish off as mediocre or at least a good show...right now I just can't see that.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/2/2013, 2:37 pm

Though I know my calculations aren't as good as the one's Marie has kept in the past, here are some numbers for what we've gotten from each person this season. To come up with the total points, I gave 4 points for a solo, 3 for a duet, 2 for a large part in a group number, 4 for a small part in a group number:

Blaine: 7 solo, 5 duets, 4 big group, 4 small group=55 points
Rachel: 4 solo, 7 duet, 4 big group, 2 small group=43 points
Finn: 3 duet, 2 big group, 2 small group=15 points
Kurt: 1 solo, 3 duet, 2 big group, 2 small group=21 points
Jake: 2 solo, 6 duets, 2 big group, 3 small group=33 points
Marley: 4 solo, 8 duet, 3 big group, 5 small group=51 points
Sam: 1 solo, 4 duets, 2 big group, 6 small group=26 points
Brittany: 2 solo, 3 duets, 2 big group, 3 small group=21 points
Tina: 3 solos, 4 big group, 2 small group=22 points
Unique: 2 duet, 4 big group, 2 small group=15 points
Artie: 2 solo (I gave him no scrubs as a solo), 1 duet, 1big group, 2 small group=15 points
Santana: 3 solo, 1 duet, 2 big group, 2 small group=22 points
Ryder: 2 solo, 2 duet, 2 big group, 2 small group=22 points
Kitty: 1 solo, 2 duet, 1 big group, 2 smal group=14 points

Of course, this is subjective, and others may have other calculations. For example, after rewatching "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" I gave Blaine a big part in a group number for singing a most of verse (with Kurt harmonizing on the last half). I gave Kurt a small part in a group number for that.

I was surprised to see Marley come up so close to Blaine because I don't really notice her singing that much. But it may not be as noticable because here duets are with several different people. Still shocking that she is a lot higher than Rachel though.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/2/2013, 2:45 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Though I know my calculations aren't as good as the one's Marie has kept in the past, here are some numbers for what we've gotten from each person this season. To come up with the total points, I gave 4 points for a solo, 3 for a duet, 2 for a large part in a group number, 4 for a small part in a group number:

Artie: 2 solo (I gave him no scrubs as a solo), 1 duet, 1big group, 2 small group=15 points

Of course, this is subjective, and others may have other calculations. For example, after rewatching "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" I gave Blaine a big part in a group number for singing a most of verse (with Kurt harmonizing on the last half). I gave Kurt a small part in a group number for that.

I was surprised to see Marley come up so close to Blaine because I don't really notice her singing that much. But it may not be as noticable because here duets are with several different people. Still shocking that she is a lot higher than Rachel though.

This is really depressing. I want to cry because even Tina, Sam and Ryder have more than Kurt.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/2/2013, 3:17 pm

Something tells me this overload of Blaine will finally be the trigger that gets people to turn on Blarren. I mean, aside from the Blarren stans, pretty much all of the different groups that watch Glee are tired of this. Not just us Kurt fans.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2013, 4:03 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Though I know my calculations aren't as good as the one's Marie has kept in the past, here are some numbers for what we've gotten from each person this season. To come up with the total points, I gave 4 points for a solo, 3 for a duet, 2 for a large part in a group number, 4 for a small part in a group number:

This looks about right (some leeway for different interpretations of course). I gave Blaine more points for HYAMLC than Kurt too. fanny2
Funny, I am actually now working on my version of the song distribution numbers, to post the results this weekend.

It is frustrating, isn't it? :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/2/2013, 4:07 pm

Marie, please post your calculations here when you finish. Your numbers will be a better reflection because you have been doing its since the beginning.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/2/2013, 5:48 pm

i am not looking forward to see any "proof" that our kurt has been ignored song wise, or storyline wise, or screentime wise, or anything wise. It will only made me madder, and it's not good for my health and mental well-being.

we haven't heard any good news at all since hummelberry sing off episode (it was a good episode because kurt sang a solo and there was kadam plus interesting hummelberry fight). since then it was straight down glee hell. every spoiler I read is worse than the previous. it makes me lose all hope if any to begin with. i really have no more appetite left for this show that only drains my energy and happiness. I need my life back.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/2/2013, 6:26 pm

I'm hoping that the Funny Girl auditions don't get forgotten and we actually get to see Kurt and Rachel go through the audition mill. Not that I want to see either of them cast because neither of them are really ready, but I want them both to come away from the auditions with some real experience of what it's like trying to be a professional actor (and that NYADA is helpful but no guarantee of being successful) and that there are real lessons for both of them.

For Kurt, it's going to be confidence that he can make it in the business (especially if he sees someone much like him getting cast for a prominent role). He's been told so often what's wrong with him (too girly, too fey, too much of a "lady" to be taken seroiusly for a lead) that actually seeing someone much like him actually getting cast would be proof that he can make it in the business with the right breaks and some practical experience. He's at NYADA to learn, after all.

For Rachel, I'd like to see her tendency to mimick Barbra to the extent that she does be the very reason that she isn't cast. That despite being talented, they want the actress playing Fanny Brice to make the part her own and not to copy Barbra's performance. She needs to see someone take that part and give it a unqiue twist so that it's not just playing it the way everyone remembers about the character and make it new. She needs to find her own voice as a performer instead of just copying icons. Again, this is why she needs to be at NYADA.

This for me would be an ideal way to end the season for both of them - with the realization that they both have what it takes to be successful, but that they still have a lot to learn. And that there is a huge difference between school shows and productions and being a professional. Maybe both of them branching out and finding other venues outside of NYADA to perform in, like cabaret clubs.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/2/2013, 7:45 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm hoping that the Funny Girl auditions don't get forgotten and we actually get to see Kurt and Rachel go through the audition mill. Not that I want to see either of them cast because neither of them are really ready, but I want them both to come away from the auditions with some real experience of what it's like trying to be a professional actor (and that NYADA is helpful but no guarantee of being successful) and that there are real lessons for both of them.

For Kurt, it's going to be confidence that he can make it in the business (especially if he sees someone much like him getting cast for a prominent role). He's been told so often what's wrong with him (too girly, too fey, too much of a "lady" to be taken seroiusly for a lead) that actually seeing someone much like him actually getting cast would be proof that he can make it in the business with the right breaks and some practical experience. He's at NYADA to learn, after all.

For Rachel, I'd like to see her tendency to mimick Barbra to the extent that she does be the very reason that she isn't cast. That despite being talented, they want the actress playing Fanny Brice to make the part her own and not to copy Barbra's performance. She needs to see someone take that part and give it a unqiue twist so that it's not just playing it the way everyone remembers about the character and make it new. She needs to find her own voice as a performer instead of just copying icons. Again, this is why she needs to be at NYADA.

This for me would be an ideal way to end the season for both of them - with the realization that they both have what it takes to be successful, but that they still have a lot to learn. And that there is a huge difference between school shows and productions and being a professional. Maybe both of them branching out and finding other venues outside of NYADA to perform in, like cabaret clubs.

I would love this. Seeing two young people, however talented, going through the awful audition process would help them both grow and mature as perfomers and it would add a sense of realism to the show, rather than having them succeed right away. It would be interesting to see them both getting day jobs that are related to their performing dreams: like a cabaret club, like you said.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/2/2013, 9:22 pm

you know, having chris and lea in one place, alone for the first 14 episodes of the season, you'd think they'd have a duet or two. but a big fat nothing. nothing since the premier of season 3 if i'm not mistaken. and i don't really get why, because their duets aren't only popular but tend to be really really good. and i don't consider them singing each a solo that gets edited like a duet as a duet.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/2/2013, 9:47 pm

that's why i don't trust glee writers. even w/ POTENTIALLY gold materials they still waste actors and screw up storylines. I have lost all hope. if I don't complain about this show these days I have nothing to write about.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/2/2013, 10:12 pm

Kurt didn't get this much song or exposure in season 2, and ended up a pariah, because his stories touched on some peoples sensitive nerves. All Blaine's stories seem neutered, so they give him air time, but no evolution, but also no substance. They are just there, like all the Blam, Bram and Slam the remote, damn.

You can tell when they are trying to get someone an award, because they will do stories like they did with Beiste last year. There seems to be absolutely no attempt this year to give Kurt or Sue something to tempt the awards shows.

When Glee gets things right, they feel really right, and I do think they changed things in how society views gay people, so I will always love Glee for that. But when Glee gets things wrong, it feels really wrong, there is nothing Gleeful about the Newbies. I don't get that quirky kind of fun feeling I did in season 1 and part of 2.

The only positive thing I can think from Ryan's most recent interview is that changes are going to be made. Whether this gives Kurt more airtime, I don't know, but at least we know it won't be this significant episodes a couple times a season, and then just hanging out in the background so Rachel can talk to someone. Could be even less, but then I think he will become a supporting character, and he will be freer to do other projects. Could be more, and Kurt could really blast out of Rachel and now Santana's shadow next year.

Glee makes me sad. It's the only show that has ever done that. Some I just leave, some I feel frustrated with, but Glee makes me sad because I care about Kurt Hummel's journey, and I don't think we are getting to see that much of it. Off screen sort of dates don't hack it, when Blam/Bram get all sorts of time and Tina gets to mount her crush. Doesn't do it at all.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/2/2013, 10:17 pm

Divalicious wrote:Kurt didn't get this much song or exposure in season 2, and ended up a pariah, because his stories touched on some peoples sensitive nerves. All Blaine's stories seem neutered, so they give him air time, but no evolution, but also no substance. They are just there, like all the Blam, Bram and Slam the remote, damn.

You can tell when they are trying to get someone an award, because they will do stories like they did with Beiste last year. There seems to be absolutely no attempt this year to give Kurt or Sue something to tempt the awards shows.

When Glee gets things right, they feel really right, and I do think they changed things in how society views gay people, so I will always love Glee for that. But when Glee gets things wrong, it feels really wrong, there is nothing Gleeful about the Newbies. I don't get that quirky kind of fun feeling I did in season 1 and part of 2.

The only positive thing I can think from Ryan's most recent interview is that changes are going to be made. Whether this gives Kurt more airtime, I don't know, but at least we know it won't be this significant episodes a couple times a season, and then just hanging out in the background so Rachel can talk to someone. Could be even less, but then I think he will become a supporting character, and he will be freer to do other projects. Could be more, and Kurt could really blast out of Rachel and now Santana's shadow next year.

Glee makes me sad. It's the only show that has ever done that. Some I just leave, some I feel frustrated with, but Glee makes me sad because I care about Kurt Hummel's journey, and I don't think we are getting to see that much of it. Off screen sort of dates don't hack it, when Blam/Bram get all sorts of time and Tina gets to mount her crush. Doesn't do it at all.

That's the thing, whatever hope we have of Kurt's storyline is our own headcanon of what happens OFF screen. But I want to see Kurt's story take shape ON-screen, and that's what's upsetting.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/2/2013, 10:28 pm

ha, all the best things are happening off screen now, and everything on the screen is making us sick. why do we still want to watch this show? don't tell me it's Chris. It's beyond this boy's ability to keep this show watcheable now. it's really sickening.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2013, 10:46 pm

At this point, I would like Chris off of the show completely. Let Kurt go to Europe for Vogue or with Adam.

Glee has turned into a mockery. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/2/2013, 11:29 pm

^ mte!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2013, 11:52 pm

fantastica wrote:^ mte!
I hope episode 18 is so bad in the ratings. That Fox will have to step in.
They want the New York side next season the President of Fox has said that.
Last year Kevin Reilly (President of Fox) wanted Kurt and Rachel Nyada adventures, so he was looking forward to those.
He talked about that twice last year in two interviews.
This show still has loads of potential, but right now that is hard to see.
The two episodes without Kurt and Rachel tanked so badly, why are they doing it again?
Ryan really wants Darren to get an Emmy doesn't he?
We all can tell who is absolute favourite.
I hate that Darren had to brag about on Twitter how many songs he has done, it's like rubbing every Kurt fan's nose in it.
Glee is getting painful to watch.
I want be watching episode 18.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/2/2013, 11:57 pm

^ you mean you WON"T be watching ep 18. yup me either. in fact, won't watch 16 and 17 either. will download kurt's parts from online. can't stomach any more blam crap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next