Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Delight 1/27/2013, 4:04 am

Buenos wrote:Any surprise Gotye had to retract his opinion last year ?

Hmm. Good point. Maybe I'm not giving these Blarren stans enough credit. They know exactly how much power they have by their 'harass until I get what I want' practices. It's frustrating to see their bullying behaviour rewarded.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/27/2013, 4:16 am

Delight wrote:
Buenos wrote:Any surprise Gotye had to retract his opinion last year ?

Hmm. Good point. Maybe I'm not giving these Blarren stans enough credit. They know exactly how much power they have by their 'harass until I get what I want' practices. It's frustrating to see their bullying behaviour rewarded.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/27/2013, 4:26 am

I'm sorry that some idiot has made you their focus, Glorfindel. It is far to easy to be a bully in this anonymous internet world, as at this time there are no legal consequences to being one.

Got to think how pitiful that person must be, to expend so much energy on someone they don't even know over a character they must have no faith in, to get so anxious over a few minutes of a talented new guy.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/27/2013, 4:28 am

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Marie :(. That's really horrifying, that they went through so much trouble to do something so hateful.

bisou We love you very much and love your posts!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 1/27/2013, 5:16 am

Some people seem to have a very difficult time accepting the idea that people disagree with them, even on things as trivial as a television show. Marie, I am so sorry that somebody is harassing you. It appears that the anonymous nature of the internet makes people much ruder than they would be in real life; I bet that bully would not even have the courage to disagree with you to your face if you met in real life.

People in the fandom seem to have no fear of neutralizing people who say things they don't agree with. My recaps basically got shut down because people did not want to read critical comments about Glee, and I was so sad and hurt after that I just haven't had the heart to write them anymore at all. It takes about five hours to write one of those things, and writing satire is very difficult. If the primary reaction is going to be "How dare you say a critical thing about my fave, just shut up and go away!" then it just does not seem to be worth the time and effort.

I was quiet about that for about a month, but I don't think I care anymore because that situation really has completely destroyed Glee, the fandom, and the show for me. Not that I was still loving every moment before, but there was a certain ironic pleasure in pointing out the flaws and cheering on the gems when they show up. They do still show up. Now... no. Gone.

We appear to be getting to a place, as a fandom, where loyalty to pretend people trumps courtesy to real people, and it's really turned me off the show. I do think that the screeching passion about Klaine comes because the security of Darren's position on the show does rely so heavily on him being Kurt's love interest. If one were to stop and think about it for a second, being over Klaine could actually be a good thing for Blaine as a character. After all, in this past episode we got to see him flirt with a girl as Tina stepped in to be the surrogate for every Blaine fan who wants to go to a Sadie Hawkins dance with him. (Oh, baby, you KNOW that's what happened!) He's actually got more options now, narratively speaking. Hey, without Kurt, they could make Blaine bisexual so EVERYBODY can fall in love with him and get in line to tell him how beautiful and great and perfect he is. He's a real Gary Stu, even with the cheating on Kurt. And Adam was just a breath of fresh air because he is like, the only person in the history of Glee who has never hurt Kurt, insulted him, or made him feel like he was inadaquate, unattractive or inferior in some way.

I think it's great that Murphy responded to your tweet, Karen. Sometimes I wonder how much he knows about the fandom. Does he know that Kurt's fans, on the whole, do not like Klaine or Blaine that much anymore? Does he understand that the constant stream of insults and failures has really worn everybody down? Does he hear anybody other than Blaine's fans?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/27/2013, 6:09 am

I'm sorry to hear that real hate has been thrown around for personal opinions and I know that kind of hate is difficult to ignore no matter how anonomys the source. But keep hanging on there. bisou

This makes me yet again think how much of that hate actors really do get if Glee fanatics are this hostile towards other viewers and fans of the show. For some reason I do believe Ryan, Brad and unfortunately Chris for some stupid irrational reason get the worst of it, and that actually feels horrible. I mean I have called Ryan all kinds of silly things here, but who goes and attacks him personally? Well I guess there's all sorts of loons out there.

I have heard that some other shows have also quite toxic and messy fandoms, but never this outgoing and angry as Glee. The show that brought happiness has been turned into drawring battle lines! I wish that the show would grow up on it self and move on from these silly love-plotlines. Were we not promised that Glee would focus on friendships? They still have the other half of a season of time to do that.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/27/2013, 6:31 am

Marie, so sorry for what happened to you. :(

CloveGlee: I will seriously miss your recaps, reading them was one of my favorite things about Glee.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/27/2013, 7:23 am

Marie, tell your bully to just FUCK OFF. And that is my feeling to all the hater of this forum. If I wanted to listen to others tell me how wrong i am about glee, blaine and klaine, i would still be at glee forum and all those other places that just knew they were "so right" and i'm "so wrong".

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 9:29 am

Thanks everyone again. You are my friends. bisou

I decided to just shrug it off. What upset me the most was someone going through the length of finding my email account, but on second thought I haven't been that private about it in the naive past when Glee was just a tv show and the fandom was just a way to celebrate this young man called Chris Colfer and the exciting show he was in. Wow, so much has changed. Mad
But that email account does not lead to me as a person (as it was set up for my internet alter ego Glorfindel), and it's just immature, hollow threats anyway, so I shrug this one off and refuse to play.

Getting hateful responses from some people who disagree with me about Darren's talent levels and/or Blaine's behaviour on the show is nothing new in this fandom, and I'm sure Karen and Claire got a lot of the same for sticking out their necks too (and others as well). It's how fandom works sometimes. And this email was from one stupid 'fan', she/he does not represent all the Blarrenstans (I've decided to call them Blarrenstans, as not all Klainers are like this).
But it is getting intense now. It is the combined actions of Blarrenstans (and let's be fair: also the actions from other fractions in the fandom, mostly in response) on all online media that is starting to freak me out. Personally I can take the punches (especially when I have a support group like you all wub) and I deal them out too if necessary (only not in such a despicable way), but I shudder for everything negative that is send now and in the past to Chris, his co-workers like Oliver and Grant, and even RM.

After our tweets to get Kurt a solo, I've basically stopped tweeting anyone involved with Glee personally. I sometimes retweet tweets to RIB and @GleeonFox, and only tweeted Chris 2-3 times to compliment him when he sang an exceptional good (even better than usual) song. I'm glad others tweet him positivism and love, same goes for Oliver's facebook and letting Fox and RIB know that there are many Kurtsies loving Kurt. But twitter, tumblr and facebook have become too crazy for me to participate right now even in a positive way.
This aside: I would never, ever tweet Darren any hate or even slightly negative comment directly. That is crossing a line that should not be crossed. Fanwars and pestering in the fandom is one thing, bringing it into the real world to people who do their jobs is quite another. Comment on and criticize the show in the proper places where TPTB will see it: Glee's facebook, general forums like TWoP, reviews, youtube, the recent survey, even RIB+'s twitter accounts when done respectfully (although RIB+ does not return that favor), but keep the nastiness away from the actors, or people like Gotye.

As for now: I'm going back to celebrating Chris and whatever makes Kurt happy, and try to not let this craziness influence the way I participate in this fandom.
As said before: I think whoever crossed the lines of common decency in this new (or should I say continued) fanwar have reached their limit of tolerance from everyone else, and I hope it will implode upon them. They are like a fire burning so vehemently that it exhausts so much oxygen it can't sustain itself anymore and therefore causes its own extinction. (or at least move on to something else)

Love you, gals. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 1/27/2013, 10:11 am

Glorfindel wrote:Just FYI: I just got a very nasty death threat because of some of my posts here and on Glee Forum after 4x11. :(

And yes, that definitely was a Blarrenstan. :angry:
Delurking to express my shock about this and also my support for you. It's disturbing to what lengths these fanatics go to make sure the status of their idol remains untouched. You'd think they'd have better things to do with the time they spend in fandom than wasting it on antagonizing fans of a character and actor they don't even like. I hope this pathetic figure won't make you rethink your posting-habits and I'm glad to read you decided to shrug it off. Your posts are one of the things that made me stick it out at the GF for the longest time and a lurker here almost since this forum was founded. You are one of the most passionate but still level-headed fighters for Kurt and Chris and I appreciate that very much. I think it might be the fact that the Darren/Blaine fandom lacks such mature fans like you (or CloveGlee or Heathermione and others) that makes it go overboard so much (just think about how some mods and members at GF present themselves, and how their behavior might influence the even younger, even more immature core of his fandom).

CloveGlee wrote:My recaps basically got shut down because people did not want to read critical comments about Glee, and I was so sad and hurt after that I just haven't had the heart to write them anymore at all. It takes about five hours to write one of those things, and writing satire is very difficult. If the primary reaction is going to be "How dare you say a critical thing about my fave, just shut up and go away!" then it just does not seem to be worth the time and effort.
I always loved reading your recaps, since they tended to be more witty and entertaining than the show itself. But I must admit I stopped reading them this season, because you trenchantly pointed the finger at all those things that bug me immensely about the show as well, and it just got too painful to see the whole misery spelled out like that all over again. I can only imagine how it must feel to be the one writing it. I remember going back to the GF at the start of the current season, because I wanted to thank you for still going through the hassle of writing and defending those recaps. But of course the usual suspects had already turned your thread into a battle ground even though their fave wasn't subject to more criticism than any other character. I didn't feel like I had the energy to join into futile discussions about a badly written show that doesn't make much sense anyway, so I just left and didn't go back to that place for months. All the more kudos to you, for enduring that hostile environment and facing their jibes for as long as you did.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/27/2013, 10:28 am

Welcome to the board, glimmerle! Great first post! I hope you stick around and join he fun Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 12:06 pm

Welcome to this board, glimmerle, and thank you for the boost. blushh

Welcoming gif coming up:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Cc-funnyface2
(This place can do with some fun silliness right now.)

I agree with you on Claire's recaps. They managed to put the finger on the sore spot, which was an excellent way to identify the problem and deal with it, but it also hurt at times (not because of your snark, Claire!), especially this season.
Claire, I hope you find something new to write about, because I think you are gifted. Maybe, just maybe things will work out for the better for Kurt from now on, and Glee will get whipped back into shape again by the network (after their survey), so you will want to review Glee episodes again.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/27/2013, 2:26 pm

Welcome to the forum, glimmerle!!!

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_m0z8p9unbL1qee7fro10_r1_250

Thank you for the sweet things you said about Marie and Claire and for delurking!!! We could always use new posters and friends. Welcome!! wub

(also, I really really hope all the mean haters don't make Oliver delete his FB or stop talking to us. I really appreciated how nice he was to respond to our comments. :( I'll miss interaction with him and being able to tell him how much I love Adam, Kadam, and he himself.)
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 1/27/2013, 3:29 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Welcome to the board, glimmerle! Great first post! I hope you stick around and join he fun Smile
Thank you! I'm a lurker by nature, but I'll try. Happy Birthday, btw! hola

Glorfindel wrote:Welcoming gif coming up:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Cc-funnyface2
(This place can do with some fun silliness right now.)
Haha! Thank you!
And I agree:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_lz1axbeNGb1qk7rkto2_250

ColferGirl wrote:Welcome to the forum, glimmerle!!!

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_m0z8p9unbL1qee7fro10_r1_250

Thank you for the sweet things you said about Marie and Claire and for delurking!!! We could always use new posters and friends. Welcome!! wub
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_lqcwt0ZaPa1qa93cao1_250
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/27/2013, 3:54 pm

Hmmm.....just visited GF, and am a bit bummed I missed the discussion on the KHAT about how Adam is being received by the fandom before it became forbidden to speak of. I wish I could have added my two cents about how warmly Adam is being received by quite a lot of people on tumblr. Even by some former Klainers who have either converted or are now multi-shipping. Tumblr is where most of the Kadam fans are, it seems. I've also seen a favorable response in several communities, like p_f, and on twitter, and of course the steadily rising number of fans on Oliver's FB is telling.

Of course there are people who dislike him, too. There are biased people on both sides of the board, and unbiased as well. And in places like kurt_blaine livejournal or areas of tumblr or GF which is so hugely Klaine and Blaine-friendly, obviously there's probably a strong concentration of haters or people who are indifferent. But he IS getting a good reception, they just didn't see it. I mean, I'm really impressed and amazed at how much fanfic there is already, and there's just going to be more and more. I mean, we only met him officially last Thursday, the more episodes/scenes we get of him the more fans he'll gain. And I don't think it's fair to say Ryan's tweet about Adam is unserious based on the wording of "that Adam fellow", and yet say others he tweeted are definitely serious, we don't know him personally so it's impossible to tell. But there are a lot of people who do like Adam. I wish I could have said that....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 4:41 pm

Hi Glimmerle! welcome to our little safe-house! lol i love your avatar btw. did you do the photoshop yourself? if you have a bigger version, please share it w us.

again welcome hugs! and hugs for anyone who likes to have a sunday hug. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/27/2013, 6:19 pm

Glee forum can't see the positive Adam responses because its dominated by bullying Stans. Seriously some are wetting their panties over the "chemistry" of Blaine and Tina, while lamenting the supposed lack of with Adam and Kurt.

The real problem is they can't think with their noses up actors asses.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/27/2013, 6:24 pm

Well, this is quite embarrassing:
Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy
SNEAK PREVIEW FROM NEXT WEEK'S "NAKED": Glee's tribute version of Ian Axel's fantastic "This Is The New Year." New fav.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_mhaguag5iy1qlbof2o1_500

Oops. ptdr Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Ab-lmao
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 6:38 pm

i don't mind if people are happy to pair tina up w/ blaine, especially if they actually turn blaine bi. I hope they do.

I don't like GF because all my friends have migrated here and I have my hands full just coming to one forum now. I am so grateful for Karen to start this forum, as life at GF before CCFF was hell. We had to fight our way to say ANYTHING. it was suffocating. You really can't enjoy being a fan when you have to battle w/ people all the time. it was so tiring. Claire - I am glad you are out of there. Writing is supposed to be enjoyable. It's not worth fighting over a tv show w/ people who can't appreciate the good things in life, and can't tolerate opinions that differ from their own.

i have stopped reading all recaps about glee this season. glee is just not the kind of show to waste any brain matter on. when you try to be cerebral, nothing makes sense, and it only gets frustrating. better leave it for entertainment while you are simultaneously doing something else, like knitting, or cooking, or mopping the floor. that's how I manage "watching" this show at all this season - doing other things while mckinley stuff comes up; skipping the whole episode when kurt isn't there; etc. i also stopped analyzing any character/plot/writer's intention, etc. this is not a show to write about for your doctoral paper. this is a show to give Chris Colfer and other young actors an entry into a very competitive industry, so they can do more great things later on.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/27/2013, 7:25 pm

I was wondering why you stopped posting your recaps, CloveGlee. I'm sorry to hear that, as I really enjoyed your humor, wit, sarcasm and writing style. You would make a great professional film/tv critic. :(

Also, welcome to the board, Glimmerle!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 1/27/2013, 8:36 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Hmmm.....just visited GF, and am a bit bummed I missed the discussion on the KHAT about how Adam is being received by the fandom before it became forbidden to speak of. I wish I could have added my two cents about how warmly Adam is being received by quite a lot of people on tumblr. Even by some former Klainers who have either converted or are now multi-shipping. Tumblr is where most of the Kadam fans are, it seems. I've also seen a favorable response in several communities, like p_f, and on twitter, and of course the steadily rising number of fans on Oliver's FB is telling.

Of course there are people who dislike him, too. There are biased people on both sides of the board, and unbiased as well. And in places like kurt_blaine livejournal or areas of tumblr or GF which is so hugely Klaine and Blaine-friendly, obviously there's probably a strong concentration of haters or people who are indifferent. But he IS getting a good reception, they just didn't see it. I mean, I'm really impressed and amazed at how much fanfic there is already, and there's just going to be more and more. I mean, we only met him officially last Thursday, the more episodes/scenes we get of him the more fans he'll gain. And I don't think it's fair to say Ryan's tweet about Adam is unserious based on the wording of "that Adam fellow", and yet say others he tweeted are definitely serious, we don't know him personally so it's impossible to tell. But there are a lot of people who do like Adam. I wish I could have said that....

I'll never finish my paper, but I've been thinking that the more the Kurt/Chris fandom goes underground, and opinions are being suppressed, the more likely the fandom is playing into the hands of the same people who want to shut down our opinions & love for Kurt. Thus making it easier for one side to run rimshot over Kurtsies and RIB. Honestly, I feel the more we flee away and go into seclusion, it only gives a certain sect of fandom's more ammunition and rewards since they've steamrolled most Kurtsies out of voicing an opinion that is different and goes against their views.

Marie (cyber hugs): I'm so sorry Marie that you had to experience a cowardly act of an immature, entitled, and quite honestly, deranged "fan" who couldn't separate fiction from reality. But I'm glad that you're still posting bounce

Claire: I understand the time and energy that you spent on writing those recaps, only to have them torn down by a certain group who couldn't just agree to disagree. Your recaps were funny, clever, and witty, and actually made Glee which is a bitter pill easier to swallow. I'm sorry to see them go :(

Anyways, those are just my rumblings and even though glee really isn't worth getting aggravated over considering the writers have the attention span of fleas.

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/27/2013, 9:18 pm

I wouldn't say we've gone underground. On-line fandom is just a small minority of viewers, yes vocal, but small. I think it has far more power to tweet to the creators and writers of Glee, than to post on forums about it. So we are saving our emotional health from people that have become cyber bullies, and have a venue, twitter, for making our feelings known, politely. While I wouldn't put it past them to troll occasionally, these are busy people and I doubt they sit there eating chocolates and ponder our thought provoking posts. So they only get snapshots of what the audience who bothers to post on line feels anyway. We aren't going to convince certain fans to open their minds, or realize they are being cruel to real people in the name of unreal ones. So why make ourselves feel bad when we read really cruel things in certain areas, or by thinking they are being witty they get downright ugly, like a certain reviewer on TWOP. I couldn't believe that recaplet. That is why I love this place so much. We can wax poetic about Chris/Kurt, grumble about others, but we do it respectfully, and we certainly differentiate between the actors and the characters.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 10:25 pm

it's essential that our little site stay PUBLIC for all to see. We will not go private. we will not keep new members from joining. we will not keep our voices hidden. We will say what we feel like saying. so speak up! Smile there's no fear here. it's democracy not oppression in CCFF land. coool

oh, the more others say "bad" things about us, the more famous we are. no publicity is bad publicity. don't be afraid. THEY CAN'T TOUCH US.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 10:51 pm

There is nothing that I say here that I would not want anyone else to see. If they don't like what I say... tough. I avoice boards like TCR and never signed up for the GF because I refuse to be stiffled. I have no issue with hearing the opinions of others (though I will certainly debate them in a cordial manner if I disagree with them), but I refuse to be anywhere where if you're opinion is not the popular one, that you end up banned or silenced.

I know that I post things here that not everyone agrees with, and that's fine. I respect all my friends on this board and love hearing everyone's opinions. I'm glad that we have a place to talk about things regarding Chris/Kurt without having to deal with overzealous Blarren stans who try to shout us down. And yes, keeping the board public is important so that others who may not want to be active but who want to understand our positions have a chance to see them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next