Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
ColferInspired
bayth
MissSoniaPP
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
Delight
sheny
Glorfindel
arina
ladydianab
sahhar
fantastica
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 2/1/2013, 5:49 pm

arina wrote:Who does not want to watch the whole episode, here is the most important scene to watch.

thank you so much darling! this is the only good part of the episode. actually the whole rachel storyline (including this clip) is quite decent. I wish kurt and brody have a bigger fight in the future - i mean this guy obviously does not get along well w/ kurt and there can be so much interesting thigns to write about - that way brody doesn't have to be rachel's ken exclusively storywise, and there can stories other than "ships' and "bros".

Edit: just watched this clip. wish it started a bit earlier - I love that shocked look on Kurt when he first noticed Brody walking to the table.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 2/1/2013, 5:59 pm

call me wicked. i am actually happy that the rating last night was pretty bad:

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 EfwAWIF

you see, good looking topless guys are penny a dozen on screen. there are just so much flesh you can sell.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/1/2013, 6:00 pm

If you look at the 2 half-hour segment of viewership:
9:00-9:30
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 6.02 million (#3), A18-49: 2.3/ 6 (#3)

9:30-10:00
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 5.06 million (#3), A18-49: 1.9/ 5 (#3t)

In half an hour they lost almost a million viewers and rating dropped below 2 (is this the lowest EVER in glee history??)

Vice President of Corp Comms at FOX: Against all-original competition, #GLEE drew a 2.1 last night. Gleeks, we need you to rally next week!
https://twitter.com/GaudeP/status/297379607101968384

they sound desperate! Problem is all gleeks are already watching, and this remaining pool is mostly toxic stans screaming for their own favs and ships. if they cannot attract new viewers, the rating will continue its downward spiral, as more and more "gleeks" become non-gleeks every passing week.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/1/2013, 6:08 pm

I could just as well interprit that Brodys "I'm not ashamed of my body" is a jab at Kurt and since we don't get a reaction shot from Kurt that is excatly how I got it and understood that.

It would have been nice for Kurt to respond that he doesn't need to resort to losing his shirt every five minutes to get attention. Because that's what gratuitous nudity is all about, trying to get attention. It's standing there going "Look at me! See my junk? I'm naked! Focus on me, people!"

The fact that Kurt was able to express so much in his 1.3 minutes on screen that the rest of the guys couldn't with a whole episode of exposed skin, multiple song performances and desperate storylines shows just how little they really have going for them. Kurt doesn't need to pose without his shirt, holding a champagne bottle right near his crotch to get attention, and he doesn't have to strut around his loft naked to show what a big, confident man he is. The easiest thing in the world to do is take off your clothes. The hardest thing is to be confortable and confident in your own skin that you don't need to resort to desperate measures to get attention.

Last edited by Ranwing on 2/1/2013, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 2/1/2013, 7:29 pm

fantastica wrote:call me wicked. i am actually happy that the rating last night was pretty bad:

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 EfwAWIF

you see, good looking topless guys are penny a dozen on screen. there are just so much flesh you can sell.

fantastica wrote:If you look at the 2 half-hour segment of viewership:
Fox – Glee

Fox – Glee

In half an hour they lost almost a million viewers and rating dropped below 2 (is this the lowest EVER in glee history??)

Vice President of Corp Comms at FOX: Against all-original competition, #GLEE drew a 2.1 last night. Gleeks, we need you to rally next week!

they sound desperate! Problem is all gleeks are already watching, and this remaining pool is mostly toxic stans screaming for their own favs and ships. if they cannot attract new viewers, the rating will continue its downward spiral, as more and more "gleeks" become non-gleeks every passing week.

Me... Laughing Twisted Evil ptdr moque hola bounce lol! rooots bananaz blubro danse3 genije kolce punkk pijano
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/1/2013, 8:45 pm

fantastica wrote:

If you have twitter, respond to this woman, and tell her that you wish there was more focus on NY.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/1/2013, 9:18 pm

AfterElton:
Brody is on board with this plan because it means more tits and fanny, and so he lends his support by walking around his new apartment completely starkers. The result is the best two seconds of Glee ever. No, not Brody's chest. I'm talking about Kurt's face:

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mhjrhbPZIZ1r28rvzo1_2504x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mhiyqwf5J21qfkl8co1_250
Hehe. moque

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/1/2013, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/1/2013, 9:27 pm

Glorfindel wrote:AfterElton:
Brody is on board with this plan because it means more tits and fanny, and so he lends his support by walking around his new apartment completely starkers. The result is the best two seconds of Glee ever. No, not Brody's chest. I'm talking about Kurt's face:
Hehe. moque

LOL. That's awesome!

Leave it to Chris to make a big impression with his expressions over his morning bowl of Rooster O's. hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 2/1/2013, 9:33 pm

I fully agree with AfterElton. Only Chris could have made Kurt react in the way he did. It was priceless. The things he can do with even 2 seconds of screentime, not many actors (not just in Glee) but in general have the ability to make every single second of their screentime useful, that's why I love Chris an actor. Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 2/1/2013, 9:36 pm

Fox – Glee

Fox – Glee

I'm always happy when the ratings plummet, and no I'm not twisted, I just really think the show is focusing on all the wrong things right now and the ratings should reflect that, so everytime the ratings plummet, especially in Kurt-less episodes, I rejoice, and I regret nothing Twisted Evil

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/1/2013, 10:05 pm

I thought Dynamic Duets was the worst ever episode for Glee, ratings wise? And although it was an almost Kurtless episode...the episode was heavy on Rachel, and I thought Kurt and Rachel were the most popular characters on the show? So why the low rating?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/1/2013, 10:17 pm

arina wrote:I was scared of the Kurt's scene but I actually liked it. I miss Kurt not being always so nice and his facial expression at Brody was priceless :-D I want more of those!
And I loved Torn.

I saw just couple of scenes, so I don't have opinion about the whole episode yet.

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mhiy47IoIf1qfgg1ao3_250
I only saw this scene and I love Kurt moving the milk so he doesn't have to see Brody...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/1/2013, 10:49 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I thought Dynamic Duets was the worst ever episode for Glee, ratings wise? And although it was an almost Kurtless episode...the episode was heavy on Rachel, and I thought Kurt and Rachel were the most popular characters on the show? So why the low rating?
Because Rachel alone may not have been enough for people to keep on watching. Kurt was MIA for most of the time, and Rachel's big solo song was very early on in the episode. OTOH Santana and Quinn showed up relatively late in the episode.

So maybe people figured: stupid beefcake parading nonsense at Lima, Jarley snorefest (with 2 songs within 10 minutes!), no Kurt, Rachel already sang so that's it for this episode too, so bye bye Glee, and they didn't stick around long enough to see Santana and Quinn pop up randomly. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/2/2013, 12:00 am

all the blam episodes sucked and the rating reflected that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/2/2013, 12:06 am

That makes sense. Personally, I favor the Hummelberry (keyword: "Hummel"), NYC centered episodes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/2/2013, 12:09 am

Fox – Glee

Fox – Glee

I gave them a few tweets telling them that McKinley is killing the show, that viewers want the New York side and more Kurt and Rachel.

Ryan is looking stupid now. I hope he is embarassed after writing that piece of crap.

The only good part was the New York part, except for bringing in Santana and Quinn when it could have been resolved with just Kurt and then we could have got a Hummelberry duet.

Chris and Lea are the true talent on the show. I would add Corey but they have not used him to his best advantages which is sad. 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 1371890812
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/2/2013, 12:19 am

I could have done without Quinn and Santana there, to be honest. Hummelberry could have easily figured out this topless crisis on their own.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 2/2/2013, 10:07 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Fox – Glee

Fox – Glee

I gave them a few tweets telling them that McKinley is killing the show, that viewers want the New York side and more Kurt and Rachel.

Ryan is looking stupid now. I hope he is embarassed after writing that piece of crap.

The only good part was the New York part, except for bringing in Santana and Quinn when it could have been resolved with just Kurt and then we could have got a Hummelberry duet.

Chris and Lea are the true talent on the show. I would add Corey but they have not used him to his best advantages which is sad. 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 1371890812

Honestly, I couldn't tell you much about the episode because I started to tune out & watch Grey's Anatomy, and by the time I switched back to Glee, I had fallen asleep when Jake & Marley where singing in the auditorium (they are a snooze on 10 levels of snooze). The Men of Mckinnely plot was a bore, and the whole "Hot in Here" number went on for so long, that I started to change the channel since I was absolutely bored with it. I'm in my early thirties (18-34) demo range, and Glee (except for seeing 2 minutes of Kurt and Rachel's Torn performance) lost me with their crap storytelling.

So these numbers reflected exactly what I did LOL! Which was to tune out....I thought the concept of the whole episode was paternalistic, and somewhat insulting to think that all RIB/Fox needed to do was have underage high school kids strutting about shirtless to get the audience to tune in. And we can see how well that worked out?

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/2/2013, 10:20 am

glee should have stayed on tuseday nights. everything is killing them on thursday, including their own writers.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/2/2013, 10:27 am

^True. They just can't compete with the other shows on thursday, not with this bad writing which is basically the cause of death of Glee.

MoviesAreLife wrote:I could have done without Quinn and Santana there, to be honest. Hummelberry could have easily figured out this topless crisis on their own.
That would have been much better imo. If Kurt was used to deliver the 'message of the week', then he also should have been the one who, after calming down, gave Rachel the helpful 2-2-2 advice.
But no, they needed to shove in some oldies for the fans (no disrespect to Naya and Dianna, because I too miss the oldies), but still needed Kurt to be there too, and to create a halfass set-up for the Hummelberry conflict next episode. So they divided what should have been a dialogue for 1 (or 2 when together) between 3 characters.

I've heard reasoning that Kurt was so absent this episode because it was filmed when SBL premiered and Chris was busy with promoting and stuff. Which could be true, but then they should not have made Kurt deliver that "slutty Barbie" remark (which, when thinking about it, sounds more like something Santana would say), and then let him disappear. They should have given him this little scene (let Kurt be upset about baby Brody moving in and being concerned about Rachel's topless scene) without the comment, then call Santana and Quinn, and leave the stinging insults and the 2-2-2 resolution to them.
Now he made this comment and never got a chance to correct/redeem/apologize/get called out on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I woke up and thought:
Glee has given up on what it was all about: the underdogs and misfits. Now it's all about muscled and chiseled hot guys (not in my eyes, btw), while the girls are all popular, mean cheerleader types. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/2/2013, 11:25 am

Glorfindel wrote:This morning I woke up and thought:
Glee has given up on what it was all about: the underdogs and misfits. Now it's all about muscled and chiseled hot guys (not in my eyes, btw), while the girls are all popular, mean cheerleader types. Evil or Very Mad

Totally agree that Glee has lost its soul in this regard. When you look at the original 5 members (pre-Finn) of ND, what did we have. An obnoxious friendless girl who spent her time posting videos of herself on My Space. A wannabe diva. A closeted (albeit, a glass closet) gay kid. A boy in a wheelchair. An Asian girl in goth clothing and an affected stutter. Even when the "popular kids" infiltrated the group, they were still misfits. There was a source of pride in being part of something that existed outside the accepted social norms, being friends with those that others in your peer group mocked. Their differences were something to be celebrated and the fact that they came together and made magic made being in ND all the more remarkable.

Now the new class of ND is, for the most part, uniformly pretty and boring. The only exception is Unique, who stands as one of the few that really has reason to be seen as an outcast. Marley might be poor, but she's so sweet and pretty and talented (so they tell us) that everyone is supposed to love her (as opposed to original recipe Rachel who was at best tolerated for more than two years). Original ND were allowed to fail, and fail spectacularly and have to claw their way back. Second gen ND gets the magic fix that allows them to advance in competion by hamstringing their competition. If there's one reason that I can no longer embrace the McKinley storyline and its new residents, it's because the very things that made the original group so engaging is completely absent.

And there is no one who is a better example of this shift than Rachel. Original recipe Rachel might have been obnoxious and difficult for me to like at times, but she was facinating and there were many times when I couldn't help but root for her. But Rachel as she is now seems to be running away from her old self as much as she can. She's so focused now on keeping her (very propped up IMO) place at the top that she's forgotten where she came from. Sure, she told Finn during SS that being in ND was worth if even if they never won a competition because of the bond that the group shared, but does she really believe it? Especially after telling Kurt that joining a bottom of the social heap show choir was social suicide? Old Rachel had a spark that new Rachel totally lacks, as well as an honesty. Old Rachel knew who she was, didn't appologize for it and demanded to be accepted and rewarded for who she was. New Rachel caters to the expectations of those at the top (like her idiot boyfriend) and is no longer true to herself. This episode with the student film is really a perfect example. Rather than do what was right for her (not doing the film because she just wasn't comfortable with appearing topless), she went along with things for far too long because of those flattering her. She had the senior filmmaker who flattered her talent (always the easiest way to get Rachel on board with something). She had her idiot boyfriend giving her expectations about what a mature performer would do that she was trying to live up to. She was ignoring not only her one real friend (who was right, that Rachel didn't need to flash her tits in order to be taken serious as an actress) and her own reservations until it was nearly too late. And while she might have saved herself from doing something that she would regret, she ruined another student's project as a result.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/2/2013, 12:24 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I woke up and thought:

After reading that description and after seen last episode, I concluded that Glee is like any teen series now. There's not much difference.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 2/2/2013, 1:02 pm

So I saw the whole episode, I thought it was okay if little bit boring at the times especially during the Jarley scenes, I could care less about about them.

I liked Torn. It was interesting to see the old/new Rachel stuff. I hadn't really paid much attention before, but she really has changed a lot since S1...

I loved the Kurt scene, and how he was clearly not impressed by Brody, it was hilarious. Razz Chris makes the best faces. Although I could have done without the "slutty barbie" comment...
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Naked

Post  Divalicious 2/2/2013, 7:43 pm

Well, it was a busy work week, now I finally have time to post my feelings on this episode. Unsurprising is the word that comes to mind. Kurt gets almost nothing, but does some great acting in his nano seconds, before we wax poetic on Rachel's boobs and the noobs.

Kurt said harsh things, but I would be attacking everything in front of me if a naked guy, uninvited by me, plants his bare butt on my stuff. Rachel has a right to look like what she wishes, and no one has a right to tell her differently, but I do really feel Kurt was speaking for the audience that has been up in arms, including myself, about her new look. I don't like it, it is too much. Yes, real kids do try to change themselves, but Rachel isn't real, she needs to take things a little gradual so the audience can get on board. But it was really showing Rachel's self-absorption that she invites her boy toy to live with her, and seems proud of the fact she has a hot boyfriend who looks good naked. She doesn't seem to note that TakeChargeRachel! still has RoommateKurt! that she needed to communicate with before adding to their abode. Kurt is being treated as a second class citizen in his own home. She looks down on his choices, frowns on the Apples, and doesn't even ponder Kurt's feelings about a roomie. So neither was in the right, Kurt was just more obvious with words rather than actions.

I don't hate the noobs, but I don't care about them either. Had a frustrating conversation with my brother that worships all that is Glee, very proud that he ships no one on the show, and is there for the concept. Well, yay for you, but I can't help what I feel, and I feel Kurt is what I love the most. He is the one that calls to me as a character. His trials and tribulations. I mean, even as a person in my 40's, I still remember being bullied as a kid, it still hurts even after all this time.

What is there about Marley for me to feel about? Sure, she is bulimic briefly (still don't know if this is ongoing or already done storyline wise) but she is also a tall, pretty, talented girl, nice and has two good looking guys wanting to be with her. I don't have a lot of personal history to make me empathize with her problems. Jake is a supposed player with a heart of gold, but I get no brittleness or sharpness from his personality, same with Ryder. We have a bunch of good looking nice people, and sure, that is a change from certain bitchy characters, but niceness doesn't drive story. It stagnates story. That is why I don't mind when Kurt screws up, even though the lambasting he takes in fandom gets on my nerves, because perfection is dull.

So while I am okay with the McKinley/NY split thing, I find McKinley boring, not because Kurt isn't there, but because the characters have no real edge to them, or don't seem multifaceted. It is really hard to add a facet to an already nice character. But it is the edges that attract me, the cracks in their makeup.

I enjoyed the performances more than the songs. I like the original Torn, it felt like a person who is truly lost where Rachel's sweet voice makes it just sound like a confused person seeking answers, it just didn't have the depth of feeling I get from the original. There was far too much on Jake trying to confess his love with Marley, and while he has a lovely voice, I just don't buy the relationship, no matter how much Ryan loves it. Ryan was also the one who thought Quinn and Sam had great chemistry, and then broke them up because they were boring, and they were. He just hasn't gotten there with Jacob Marley yet. They are too nice.

Goes to Blaine's perfection in all that is, including his ass, which apparently you need to wax poetic on frequently. They have really made Tina shallow, I mean she always has been, but where her fixation with Mike's abs also included being a supportive girlfriend helping him to go into a field he loved, it has become a drooling idiot whom I have no sympathy for whatsoever. And that is sad, I've waited a long time to get to know Tina, and I find I don't like her. Still love her voice, though.

I don't want to hate on Blaine, but GOD!! the worship must stop. I don't ever want Kurt back with him solely for the fact that Kurt will never "measure up" to the perfection that is required to deserve all that is Blaine. He is the understanding friend, who silently crushes on, but supports his crush, so therefore is not creepy. He is the oblivious guy who gives all the girls their fantasies. He is the soloist with the mostest. And then fandom has the audacity to call Kurt a St., a Mary Sue, but them jump all over him when he is not. They have taken all the edges off an already amorphous character, and even diminish his huge personal faults by showing endless manpain, until the audience forgives him simply because they are tired to Blaine hurting so much. Even when he caused his own pain!!

I also hate that Kurt's POV will never really be shown, and even if it is, it will be more martyr Kurt talk. But really, Kurt was a virgin before Blaine. Not only a virgin, but a boy who was told repeatedly that singing with him, being touched by him was toxic. So the first boy he opens his heart to, that he trusts enough to have sex with, can't wait a couple of weeks or months to be with him. I just would like Kurt to have a soft line like "why wasn't I worth waiting for?" Because that is what I think Kurt feels. That is why it is nice to have Adam to bolster his confidence in his attractiveness and worth. Blaine knows girls find him attractive, and boys. He gets the songs, the parts, the presidency, whatever he wants. Kurt doesn't get this, he doesn't have the emotional safety net that Blaine has, but Blaine gets to cheat because of insecurity and it is ok. If anyone should be insecure, it is Kurt, but he is too strong for that. Blaine has a huge amount of growing up before I will ever buy into Klaine again. The Blaine stans don't help the matter, I find a large portion of them toxic and bullies, exactly what this show is supposed to be against.

Going off on a tangent there.

The calender was gratuitous, and a part of me was thinking, how much money did it cost to print the calenders, and couldn't they have used that to pay for the bus, but this is Glee. Nothing really impressed me, I was surprised they showed Darren's belly from that angle, concave it was not. Generalizing, but I think girls need to feel something emotionally about the character to be impressed by semi-nakedness, where guys like their barbie dolls without a personality and are not interested in the intellectual. Since I feel nothing for the characters, I felt nothing for the pictures. Just glad to have the guys have to show some stuff, like all the Cheerios have done with all the panty shots since the show was conceived.

While I agree with Ryan about Chris being happy with the episode as it was, regarding shirtless Kurt, I still want a scene where Kurt is coming out of the shower with a towel around his waist, and everyone's jaw dropping as he heads off to his bedroom area, totally oblivious to shattering all their misconceptions over his lack of muscles. A little freudian slip there, when I reread this paragraph I wrote "without a towel" oops. Wink

I liked Finn tricking Sue. Sure, he isn't smart, but he does know some sneakiness, and isn't always on the high-road like they made Will. I guess Will is eternally paying for the marijuana thing in the first episode, or almost buying drugs in Funk.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 2/2/2013, 9:28 pm

Divalicious wrote:Well, it was a busy work week, now I finally have time to post my feelings on this episode. Unsurprising is the word that comes to mind. Kurt gets almost nothing, but does some great acting in his nano seconds, before we wax poetic on Rachel's boobs and the noobs.

Kurt said harsh things, but I would be attacking everything in front of me if a naked guy, uninvited by me, plants his bare butt on my stuff. Rachel has a right to look like what she wishes, and no one has a right to tell her differently, but I do really feel Kurt was speaking for the audience that has been up in arms, including myself, about her new look. I don't like it, it is too much. Yes, real kids do try to change themselves, but Rachel isn't real, she needs to take things a little gradual so the audience can get on board. But it was really showing Rachel's self-absorption that she invites her boy toy to live with her, and seems proud of the fact she has a hot boyfriend who looks good naked. She doesn't seem to note that TakeChargeRachel! still has RoommateKurt! that she needed to communicate with before adding to their abode. Kurt is being treated as a second class citizen in his own home. She looks down on his choices, frowns on the Apples, and doesn't even ponder Kurt's feelings about a roomie. So neither was in the right, Kurt was just more obvious with words rather than actions.

I don't hate the noobs, but I don't care about them either. Had a frustrating conversation with my brother that worships all that is Glee, very proud that he ships no one on the show, and is there for the concept. Well, yay for you, but I can't help what I feel, and I feel Kurt is what I love the most. He is the one that calls to me as a character. His trials and tribulations. I mean, even as a person in my 40's, I still remember being bullied as a kid, it still hurts even after all this time.

What is there about Marley for me to feel about? Sure, she is bulimic briefly (still don't know if this is ongoing or already done storyline wise) but she is also a tall, pretty, talented girl, nice and has two good looking guys wanting to be with her. I don't have a lot of personal history to make me empathize with her problems. Jake is a supposed player with a heart of gold, but I get no brittleness or sharpness from his personality, same with Ryder. We have a bunch of good looking nice people, and sure, that is a change from certain bitchy characters, but niceness doesn't drive story. It stagnates story. That is why I don't mind when Kurt screws up, even though the lambasting he takes in fandom gets on my nerves, because perfection is dull.

So while I am okay with the McKinley/NY split thing, I find McKinley boring, not because Kurt isn't there, but because the characters have no real edge to them, or don't seem multifaceted. It is really hard to add a facet to an already nice character. But it is the edges that attract me, the cracks in their makeup.

I enjoyed the performances more than the songs. I like the original Torn, it felt like a person who is truly lost where Rachel's sweet voice makes it just sound like a confused person seeking answers, it just didn't have the depth of feeling I get from the original. There was far too much on Jake trying to confess his love with Marley, and while he has a lovely voice, I just don't buy the relationship, no matter how much Ryan loves it. Ryan was also the one who thought Quinn and Sam had great chemistry, and then broke them up because they were boring, and they were. He just hasn't gotten there with Jacob Marley yet. They are too nice.

Goes to Blaine's perfection in all that is, including his ass, which apparently you need to wax poetic on frequently. They have really made Tina shallow, I mean she always has been, but where her fixation with Mike's abs also included being a supportive girlfriend helping him to go into a field he loved, it has become a drooling idiot whom I have no sympathy for whatsoever. And that is sad, I've waited a long time to get to know Tina, and I find I don't like her. Still love her voice, though.

I don't want to hate on Blaine, but GOD!! the worship must stop. I don't ever want Kurt back with him solely for the fact that Kurt will never "measure up" to the perfection that is required to deserve all that is Blaine. He is the understanding friend, who silently crushes on, but supports his crush, so therefore is not creepy. He is the oblivious guy who gives all the girls their fantasies. He is the soloist with the mostest. And then fandom has the audacity to call Kurt a St., a Mary Sue, but them jump all over him when he is not. They have taken all the edges off an already amorphous character, and even diminish his huge personal faults by showing endless manpain, until the audience forgives him simply because they are tired to Blaine hurting so much. Even when he caused his own pain!!

I also hate that Kurt's POV will never really be shown, and even if it is, it will be more martyr Kurt talk. But really, Kurt was a virgin before Blaine. Not only a virgin, but a boy who was told repeatedly that singing with him, being touched by him was toxic. So the first boy he opens his heart to, that he trusts enough to have sex with, can't wait a couple of weeks or months to be with him. I just would like Kurt to have a soft line like "why wasn't I worth waiting for?" Because that is what I think Kurt feels. That is why it is nice to have Adam to bolster his confidence in his attractiveness and worth. Blaine knows girls find him attractive, and boys. He gets the songs, the parts, the presidency, whatever he wants. Kurt doesn't get this, he doesn't have the emotional safety net that Blaine has, but Blaine gets to cheat because of insecurity and it is ok. If anyone should be insecure, it is Kurt, but he is too strong for that. Blaine has a huge amount of growing up before I will ever buy into Klaine again. The Blaine stans don't help the matter, I find a large portion of them toxic and bullies, exactly what this show is supposed to be against.

Going off on a tangent there.

The calender was gratuitous, and a part of me was thinking, how much money did it cost to print the calenders, and couldn't they have used that to pay for the bus, but this is Glee. Nothing really impressed me, I was surprised they showed Darren's belly from that angle, concave it was not. Generalizing, but I think girls need to feel something emotionally about the character to be impressed by semi-nakedness, where guys like their barbie dolls without a personality and are not interested in the intellectual. Since I feel nothing for the characters, I felt nothing for the pictures. Just glad to have the guys have to show some stuff, like all the Cheerios have done with all the panty shots since the show was conceived.

While I agree with Ryan about Chris being happy with the episode as it was, regarding shirtless Kurt, I still want a scene where Kurt is coming out of the shower with a towel around his waist, and everyone's jaw dropping as he heads off to his bedroom area, totally oblivious to shattering all their misconceptions over his lack of muscles. A little freudian slip there, when I reread this paragraph I wrote "without a towel" oops. Wink

I liked Finn tricking Sue. Sure, he isn't smart, but he does know some sneakiness, and isn't always on the high-road like they made Will. I guess Will is eternally paying for the marijuana thing in the first episode, or almost buying drugs in Funk.

Gosh I love reading your insights and reviews on Glee. You really hit the nail in the head when it comes to what I'm feeling regarding the show and Kurt but can't put into words. I fully agree with all of this. rooots

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next