Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread

+20
coxfire
Delight
tamara04
bayth
Divalicious
Glorfindel
Ireth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
sheny
M&M
CloveGlee
fantastica
Catt24
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap12%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap40%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 12/18/2012, 8:58 am

zuppid wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:This is going to sound crazy, but I am not that upset that Blaine is going to NYADA.

Of course he is. Guys, he's going to NYADA because they need him in the cast, and he doesn't really gel all that well with anybody but Kurt. Blaine's going to NYADA for the same reason he went to McKinley. It's just the necessary mechanics. I listen to rather silly girls shriek about how Kurt is such a terrible person because Blaine sacrificed Dalton to be with him, and I always have to avoid the urge to say, "Uh, would you be happier if they'd had him remain an occasional guest star?"

Blaine's not going to NYADA to stalk Kurt, he's going to NYADA because Ryan Murphy is unlikely to force him to leave the cast. It's exactly the same scenario.... Klaine 2.0.
I disagree...
Of coure they'll send Blaine to NYADA to keep Darren on GLEE but the sensation I got from the scene in the last episode doesn't change a bit...It still sound to me like a stalkerish decision...They could have said that Blaine was thinking about going to NYADA from the beginning of the season (when he says to Kurt 'In a year I'll be there too')...Kurt's surprise makes me think that Blaine never expressed the desire to go there before...

I'm sorry my english is not good enough to say it better but...I think we should watch the episodes without thinking of what there's behind...And if i have to judge Blaine's behaviour ONLY BY WATCHING the show I do get the impression that he is a too dependent

I agree.

If this was a suspense thriller, then Blaine would be seen as a stalker. He is doing everything that Kurt has done, he has that weird Kurt scrapbook. He was calling and texting Kurt constantly.

I know this is the fault of the writers but it is creepy and more and more fans are seeing it like this. Maybe those idiots don't realise this is what it is looking like to some fans. And looking out for Burt, that is creepy in itself when for one he doesn't live with Burt and he isn't his son.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight 12/18/2012, 9:13 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Delight wrote:Only got to watch the episode today. Here goes my ramblings and my random thoughts:

I think Kevin Mchale can do drama pretty well if they just give him the chance. Artie's frustrated tears were spot on.
If they would have let him, I think Artie could have been a good anchor to the Lima part of the show. But of course, you can't have a character in a wheelchair be the leading man (as per the Pilot established), nor the gay kid for that matter. dryy

Times like this made me so, SO glad that Chris was rejected for the role of Artie. suure

Glorfindel wrote:
It is so stupid, because they had the real reason of Artie not being in the wheelchair being the cause of no glee club right in their hands. And fans have figured that out ever since the spoilers of this storyline came out.

I guess in order to swallow this 'Artie is glue is Glee club' story, we just have to interpret the dream sequence as what it is-- a dream sequence. Artie's dream, to be precise; so it's not surprising that he's going to be the centre of the Glee universe in it. Also, a Kevin/Artie solo and dance is a good by-product of this strange and implausible 'what if' story.

CloveGlee wrote:This is going to sound crazy, but I am not that upset that Blaine is going to NYADA.

Of course he is. Guys, he's going to NYADA because they need him in the cast, and he doesn't really gel all that well with anybody but Kurt. Blaine's going to NYADA for the same reason he went to McKinley. It's just the necessary mechanics. I listen to rather silly girls shriek about how Kurt is such a terrible person because Blaine sacrificed Dalton to be with him, and I always have to avoid the urge to say, "Uh, would you be happier if they'd had him remain an occasional guest star?"

If Blaine had remained in Dalton...

I'm having the strongest urge to sing 'Wouldn't it be lovely~~~?"

It looks like Kurt is forever stuck with Blaine, doesn't it? Sigh... I was hoping that they've discovered replacement crutches to prop Blaine up in the form of Sebastian, Sam, Eli and Warblers; but ultimately Kurt would be expected to fulfill that role, wouldn't he? The role of keeping Blaine relevant. Away from Blaine, Kurt had Vogue, NYADA, Hummelberry, Furt, Burt to keep his journey and story interesting. Blaine had Senior class presidency (and other Kurt stuff like Burt and Cheerios), Bram, Warbler worship, ND musicals and competitions -- but I have a feeling the majority of fans who are interested in Blaine just want to know how he'll get back together with Kurt again. Only the scenes where he interacts with Kurt seem to generate any interest.

tanita_mors wrote:I agree, but I've had it with this need to give everything to Blaine that Kurt had, only in his case all of it has been more successful with less effort. If we are going to look reality in the face, Blaine would never get into NYADA if he auditions in front of Carmen. All his performances are the definition of theatrics, all show and no emotion behind it, except the need to entertain. And the sad thing is, they aren't going to repeat Kurt's rejection arc - that would be once again redundant, which means Blaine getting in will be just a formality. And I'm sick of Blaine having it easy as if he is a divine creature that does no wrong. Every sin he does get either forgotten or glossed over.

You're right. They won't let Blaine repeat the angsty, dramatic stuff that Kurt had done before; and I really wouldn't want to watch Blaine do drama. Seriously.

So that means it's smooth sailing for Blaine from here on. Hello, New Rachel.

Now, if Glee makes any sense whatsoever, Carmen would definitely be calling Blaine's performances 'surface only', 'no soul' and 'going for the bells and whistles'; and reject his application. But because Glee doesn't make any sense...

You know, NTBND showed Kurt being flamboyant and having backup singers; but he commanded that stage and his performance was definitely not soulless or superficial. It made no sense for Carmen to put those labels on Kurt's first audition performance.

A lot of my disgruntlement over Kurt's treatment on the show is once again the result of Chris being too good in his role as Kurt. If Chris hadn't knocked that NTBND performance out of the park like that, I wouldn't be feeling as if Kurt had received criticism that he doesn't deserve. I mean, I've seen Hugh Jackman's performance on youtube, and Chris's really doesn't pale in comparison.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/18/2012, 10:11 am

Delight wrote:

It looks like Kurt is forever stuck with Blaine, doesn't it? Sigh... I was hoping that they've discovered replacement crutches to prop Blaine up in the form of Sebastian, Sam, Eli and Warblers; but ultimately Kurt would be expected to fulfill that role, wouldn't he? The role of keeping Blaine relevant. Away from Blaine, Kurt had Vogue, NYADA, Hummelberry, Furt, Burt to keep his journey and story interesting. Blaine had Senior class presidency (and other Kurt stuff like Burt and Cheerios), Bram, Warbler worship, ND musicals and competitions -- but I have a feeling the majority of fans who are interested in Blaine just want to know how he'll get back together with Kurt again. Only the scenes where he interacts with Kurt seem to generate any interest.
I don't think that's true, I cannot speak for everyone, but many of Blaine fans seems´to hate the idea of Blaine pining after Kurt, they want Blaine to move on, have different LI and never got back together with Kurt, because they feel when is with Blaine he is just Kurt's appendage and does not have his own stories which is kinda true, he had hardly scene without Kurt before season 4... not that I mind :-) I would be he happiest if Blaine never came to McKinley, Glee did great before he came in, I don't know why he is so "needed" now... I desperately want more of original character be in new York and interact with Kurt, but not him and of course I'll get exact opposite of what I want.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/18/2012, 11:04 am

arina wrote:
Delight wrote:

I don't think that's true, I cannot speak for everyone, but many of Blaine fans seems´to hate the idea of Blaine pining after Kurt, they want Blaine to move on, have different LI and never got back together with Kurt, because they feel when is with Blaine he is just Kurt's appendage and does not have his own stories which is kinda true, he had hardly scene without Kurt before season 4... not that I mind :-) I would be he happiest if Blaine never came to McKinley, Glee did great before he came in, I don't know why he is so "needed" now... I desperately want more of original character be in new York and interact with Kurt, but not him and of course I'll get exact opposite of what I want.

I think when we talk about fans interested in Blaine we mean Klainers not the irrational Blaine stans who hate Kurt, tweet Ryan to kill him off, blame him for everything bad in Blaine's life and of course they want him to move on and find a new love interest.

They are so in love with DC, they think he is the best thing that have ever happened to 'Glee' and he is such a great actor who deserves an Oscar. I don't know if I should laugh or get angry, because these people are delusional. Darren is a good singer, decent actor, but an Oscar, let's be realistic he couldn't even get a People Choice Award nomination.

And after the cheating storyline, Blaine lost so many fans, most of the people who still care for him just want Klaine back.

I can't understand how this character went from confident friend and mentor who even confronted Karofsky to this whining, sad and insecure little boy who feels the need to cheat.
I had problems with Blaine in S2 because of what happened with Jeremiah and later Rachel, but he was so much better than what we have now.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/18/2012, 11:34 am

I don’t know if I’d go as far as saying that Blaine is a stalker, but he definitely wasn’t willing to give Kurt the space he needed to deal with what Blaine had done to him. I definitely get the impression that Blaine doesn’t fully understand the affect that his actions had on Kurt. Blaine is just waiting for that moment when he can pick up with Kurt right where they left off like nothing happened. But Blaine has done nothing to really try to earn Kurt’s trust back, and Kurt hasn’t actually gotten to the point where he can really forgive him yet, even though they are talking.

The more I think about who the Kurt story went down in the Christmas episode, the more I don’t like it. I don’t like that Burt told Blaine about the cancer before he told Kurt, and I don’t like that Blaine said he would watch out for Burt for Kurt. Burt doesn’t need Blaine to watch out for him. He has a wife and a stepson to watch out for him and take care of it. He doesn’t need his beloved son’s cheating attention whore ex-boyfriend to watch over him.

And I don’t buy the notion that Burt thinks that Kurt needs Blaine to lean on if something should happen to him. Kurt has a step-mother and step-brother who he has good relationships, and he has a good relationship with his best friend Rachel. He doesn’t need the support of his cheating attention whore ex-boyfriend who he has not yet forgiven. Hell, he even has Isabelle to go to if he needed to.

The whole Burt/Blaine comradrie was very annoying too. We know Kurt takes burdens on his own shoulders, and even if he internalized what happened, and didn’t go into the details with Burt, Burt would know that Blaine hurt his son. Burt loves his son, and has been his fiercest supporter from the first episode he appeared in. He has always put Kurt before anyone. If anyone hurt Kurt, Burt would do what he could to protect his son, and he would be on his son’s side. He wouldn’t be interfere, and he wouldn’t be so accepting of someone who hurt his son so deeply. Even though Kurt opened the lines of communication with the phone call in Thanksgiving and there were brief messages of them talking, Klaine wasn’t at a point where the relationship was repaired. Burt shouldn’t have gone confided in Blaine when his son was still so hurt by Blaine’s actions, and he shouldn’t have brought Blaine across the country when Klaine was still fractured. This whole scenerio would have worked out much better if they had Kurt go to Lima and had the reunion be on Kurt’s terms (but then they wouldn’t have been able to use Rachel).

And the whole Blaine as a present thing was just ridiculous. Blaine being there and saying “Package for Kurt Hummel” all smiley and happy just didn’t sit well with me. It was a reminder that Blaine should be adored and loved by all. There was no awkwardness at the situation on Blaine’s part. It was just “I’m here. Love me.” The awkwardness stemmed from Kurt, and of course, Blaine being Blaine, he was completely oblivious to the awkwardness (Blaine’s obliviousness to things is one of the few characteristics that has been consistent from the start).

This is the first Kurt stuff that I haven’t really been able to go back and rewatch because they screwed it up so badly.

As for Blaine wanting to apply to NYADA, well, I’m not surprised by that, and I’m not going to be surprised when he gets in on his first try, all the while being praised by Carmen and the entire faculty. Though Blaine is portrayed by a mediocre actor, singer, and dancer who does have a talent for making heart eyes that make the young fans go gaga, the character is not like that. The character is God’s gift to the entertainment world. He is loved, admired, and adored by all. Blaine is written as a superior singer, dancer, and performer. So even though Darren is far from the best singer, actor, and dancer, it has been repeatedly beaten into the audiences head that Blaine is the best of the best. He will get into NYADA, perform in and win the Winter Showcase, and probably be starring on Broadway and win a Tony by the end of season five.

The worst part of Blaine going to NYADA is that once again, he will be attached at the hip to Kurt. As Claire said, Blaine has never really gelled with any other character on the show, so Kurt is stuck with him. It’s really unfortunate that Chris is so intertwined with an actor who can’t keep up with him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/18/2012, 11:48 am

sheny wrote:
I think when we talk about fans interested in Blaine we mean Klainers not the irrational Blaine stans who hate Kurt, tweet Ryan to kill him off, blame him for everything bad in Blaine's life and of course they want him to move on and find a new love interest.

They are so in love with DC, they think he is the best thing that have ever happened to 'Glee' and he is such a great actor who deserves an Oscar. I don't know if I should laugh or get angry, because these people are delusional. Darren is a good singer, decent actor, but an Oscar, let's be realistic he couldn't even get a People Choice Award nomination.

And after the cheating storyline, Blaine lost so many fans, most of the people who still care for him just want Klaine back.

I can't understand how this character went from confident friend and mentor who even confronted Karofsky to this whining, sad and insecure little boy who feels the need to cheat.
I had problems with Blaine in S2 because of what happened with Jeremiah and later Rachel, but he was so much better than what we have now.
Well, Blaine definitely has many irrational fans (but so does Rachel, Kurt etc.) but not every Blaine's fan who is not Klainer and who does not like Kurt has to be irrational fan. Blaine is my least favorite character on the show and I don't consider myself irrational Kurt's fan because of it. His fans just see it from different pespective and I can even understand some of their frustration, I wouln't be happy if I was Blaine's fans either - many songs without any context, no proper storyline, most of the Klaine scenes from Kurt POV (before this season), now the cheating... also the fact he has everything so easy doesn't make every of his fan happy, the same like I was unsatisfied with Kurt's very rushed success in Vogue. I think many of fans want similar things, just for different (their favorite) character. And did he really lose so many fans? It seem kinda strange to me, I am mostly loyal fan and I sometimes hate writing for my favorite characters on shows but I stay with them till the end. If Kurt was the one who cheated, I would blame the writers but I wouldn't stop being fan for something like this.

I have never been fan of Blaine but I agree that he was the best for me in season 2 for me too.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 12/18/2012, 12:13 pm

The problem with the Glee Actually episode, above all else, is the underlying expectation that the entire world ships Klaine. That Klaine is an ultimate good. That it needs to be held up and protected because it is Klaine. The day that Burt Hummel bought into that idea, I realized that the show has just taken Klaine's wild popularity (they are the show's most popular ship, after all, much more so than Finchel) as a sign that everybody thinks they simply must succeed.... come what may. In that context, Burt's shipping Klaine is the ultimate green light and Kurt must get with the program and realize that the entire world is counting on him to stop thinking so much about his own emotional needs and get with the program about the importance of shipping Klaine.

The cheating is no longer the thing that makes Kurt decide to change course in his life; it's just a speed bump in the progress of Klaine. The sad thing is that I genuinely believe Glee might kill Burt as a device to bring Klaine back together

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/18/2012, 12:38 pm

^Yes, Burt is a Klainer, and Kurt must stop sulking and take his acapella dreamboat back, as everyone loves Blaine and Klaine. At least that might be what RIB/Fox think. I see the Klaine love on twitter and tumblr, aka the loudest fangirls, but I do not see it on the general forums (except for GF, where negativity is banned and fangirls rule).
The media unfortunately likes Klaine too, and that's where Glee gets its acclaim for this pairing. As soon as they shift and change their attitude towards Klaine (and there are already cracks in the varnish) RIB/Fox will feel the heat.
The big question mark is the GA, and their preference is made known by the ratings, and they have voted Glee down in season 4. This, combined with the survey's results will decide Glee's future. But in what capacity Blaine and Kurt's popularity as individual characters and how that influences Klaine being together or not plays a part in this is not clear.

TBH: the only time I really liked Blaine in season 2 was right at the start, when he sang 'Teenage Dream'. But he already made me frown soon afterwards when he suggested to Kurt that he should confront his bully. Because that was very dangerous advice (and I was so scared when Kurt followed Karofsky into the locker room), especially coming from a boy who ran away from his own bullies and never went back to confront them himself.
But I let that one go and gave Blaine another chance, only to see him treat Kurt badly in both Silly Love Songs and BIOTA. Original Song was great though, and so was Blaine's 'Somewhere Only We Know' in Born This Way, so I could reasonably tolerate Blaine at the end of season 2.
And then they completely ruined Blaine for me with the WSS plot and TFT, and of course the rest of season 3.

I think the fans that Blaine lost were the Klainers who truly loved both characters or veered slightly towards Kurt in liking, and some of the more general glee fans who like everybody untill a character really screws up. But I do think that Blaine has lost fans.

Blaine's real (not rabid) fans can be pitied a little, though. It must be hard to constantly read hate on every forum (except GF) for their favorite character. And some of his fans probably don't condone cheating either, and feel conflicted about that.
OTOH they do get a lot of songs and (silly) storylines for their fav.

What I'm really afraid of, is that RIB will make Kurt cheat too, to even the score after they royally screwed up with the Klaine dynamic. The backlash and anger after Blaine cheated was not what they expected, and it has lobsided the sympathy for the individual characters in Klaine, and it soured Klaine almost beyond repair.
If Kurt was to e.g. cheat on Adam with Blaine when he visits Lima for the Wemma wedding, the balance will be 'restored' and Klaine can reunite again a few episodes later. At least that's how things might work in the perverted minds of RIB. They don't mind their characters cheating if they cheat with their destined 'endgame' partner and we are supposed to root for them.
And can you imagine how we, Kurtsies, would feel if Kurt ever cheats like Blaine did?
Do. Not. Want. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/18/2012, 12:44 pm

arina wrote:
sheny wrote:

Well, Blaine definitely has many irrational fans (but so does Rachel, Kurt etc.) but not every Blaine's fan who is not Klainer and who does not like Kurt has to be irrational fan. Blaine is my least favorite character on the show and I don't consider myself irrational Kurt's fan because of it. His fans just see it from different pespective and I can even understand some of their frustration, I wouln't be happy if I was Blaine's fans either - many songs without any context, no proper storyline, most of the Klaine scenes from Kurt POV (before this season), now the cheating... also the fact he has everything so easy doesn't make every of his fan happy, the same like I was unsatisfied with Kurt's very rushed success in Vogue. I think many of fans want similar things, just for different (their favorite) character. And did he really lose so many fans? It seem kinda strange to me, I am mostly loyal fan and I sometimes hate writing for my favorite characters on shows but I stay with them till the end. If Kurt was the one who cheated, I would blame the writers but I wouldn't stop being fan for something like this.

I have never been fan of Blaine but I agree that he was the best for me in season 2 for me too.

Don't get me wrong. I don't consider all Blaine fans irrational. Just those who make stupid illogical excuses for all of his bad actions, constantly blame Kurt for everything even when it's obvious that he hasn't any fault or tweet RIB to kill his character.

And I'm not saying that he lost thousands of fans, but he definitely did. I've read a lot of comments from people saying they used to like him but not anymore. Of course loyal fans will continue to love their favorite character, I will love Kurt no matter what he does, but not all fans are loyal and it's easy for them to switch from 'like' to 'dislike'.
I'm like that with Santana. I like her, but the moment she says something rude to Kurt I want to slap her.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/18/2012, 1:15 pm

RIB/Fox's thinking is so messed up. They have paid way to much attention to a small but vocal part of the fandom, and the show has suffered because of it. They've tried to turn Darren into a leading man, which he does not have the talent to be (most everyone here liked Blaine a lot better when he was in a more supporting role in season 2). And then they paired their wanna be superstar with their brightest star, and the difference in raw acting ability between the two of them is huge.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/18/2012, 2:12 pm

I was an avid Klainer at the beginning, before the retrograde. I was always more on the Kurtsie side of things. I began to resent Klaine when Kurt was portrayed as being lucky to have Blaine, when I have always felt anyone would be lucky to have Kurt. The Blaine stans pushed me the rest of the way. I don't go into outright hating Klaine, because I do think the writers are devoted to making this relationship work, and as it will be part of Kurt's storyline I try to make the best of things.

I think Darren handles comedy very well, and puppy eyes better than anyone, but I just don't get his angst or anger. Wistfulness about Kurt I believe. When they play to his strengths, Klaine works better. The problem is they are trying to get him to play to Chris' strengths, which in acting, seem to be just about everything. Perhaps it is a part of growing up gay in a small-minded town, but Chris really knows how to be subtle, where it seems Darren prefers larger than life.

I think the Blaine stans forget that being with Kurt is what gives Blaine substance, because Kurt is a fully-realized character. Blaine by himself is portrayed as close to perfection, but perfection is boring. There is no where to go. Sure, pair him with Sebastian. It might make them happy for an episode, but in the end Sebastian is just a smarmy jukebox who wanted to get into Blaine's pants. He had no finer emotions towards Blaine. They would rail against Sebastian for using Blaine, even if that is what they wished in the first place. Yes, the Warblers worship him, but they worshiped the perfect boy he pretended to be, not the goof who dances to 80's music in his bedroom or dresses up as a superhero. Kurt accepted Blaine for whomever he wanted to be. Blaine had it really good with Kurt, he had a boyfriend who accepted him, probably more than anyone in his life, if the absentee parents in headcanon are indeed canon. That is why I didn't find the cheating so out of character. Blaine, for all his adulation, seems to have low self-esteem, and likely believes he doesn't get to keep good things.

I don't think Blaine lost too many fans, because they will either blame the writers, blame Kurt or find whatever excuse they want to explain away the cheating. We would do the same, not only because we are Kurt fans, but because it is totally outside of Kurt's personality. The GA perceives Klaine as a true couple, and the rest is just obstacles keeping them apart. I still await Adam's introduction. He could be like Brody, who has absolutely no substance, just someone to pant after Rachel. Pauses a moment to think of someone panting after Kurt. Or he could be an actual hindrance to Kurt getting back with Blaine.

We always think of English as being a bit stodgy, but what if he is an irreverent character, whose purpose is to teach Kurt to break out of his protective shell. It would be nice if someone wanted to teach Kurt about having fun, taking chances, not only would this help his acting, but to help him embrace what the world has to offer. Even if he does leave after this season, the changes in Kurt would be pronounced, and might actually make Blaine wonder if he is good enough for Kurt. I think the actor has a lot more experience than the one who portrays Brody, and if the audience really likes him, he might stay. Just because he is a senior, doesn't mean he can't work as a teacher or be in a play in NY.

Still have it in the back of my mind Adam asking Kurt to spend the summer in England, and the cliffhanger would not only be what does Blaine do, but will Kurt even return to NYADA. That depends if they will give a Kurt romance the same amount of time they gave the Brody/Rachel thing. I say time, not exposure, because we know we won't get half the lovely-dovey that Rachel has received. In fact, I think it is a mathematical formula they use. Take Rachel's time with someone, divide it in half, divide it again. That those two divisions, give some to Kurt, and some to someone else. Songs, same. The problem is a lot of what Rachel does seems to just be fluff, all the changes seem superficial, because in the end the writers don't want Rachel to be a mere mortal, they want her kept larger than life. But it is hard to evolve someone who is so super-real, because she would have to become a mere mortal. So they give her short, tight clothes, and 5 pounds of make-up, get a new boyfriend and call it a mature Rachel. That, too, we just have to accept from the writers. Just like Blaine is perfect, when he is not.

I kind of think the writers are tired of writing for Rachel and Blaine, but they are well-aware of their popularity, and keep them on the forefront. But it is hard to keep topping the winnings these two are given. Rachel just won at NYADA in her freshman year, Blaine, everything he touches is handed to him. They don't really struggle, unless you count a mean teacher, whose every opinion about Rachel is discounted because she is mean. Or Blaine losing his boyfriend, which he created, but in everything else he gets whatever he wants. They don't even show the journey anymore, just hand over the prize.

At least, even though Kurt suffers, they show the journey. He is handed nothing he doesn't work hard for, and that is more interesting than always winning stuff.

The season isn't quite half over, and the ratings might improve, so if Ryan is thinking the show might just make only one more season, it doesn't look good for Adam, because they will want to have all their couples reunited by the end of the show. Hoping that things do pick up, because the longer the show lasts, the more likely we will actually get to see a real romantic coupling between Kurt and Adam.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/21/2012, 7:47 am

Divalicious wrote:
I kind of think the writers are tired of writing for Rachel and Blaine, but they are well-aware of their popularity, and keep them on the forefront. But it is hard to keep topping the winnings these two are given. Rachel just won at NYADA in her freshman year, Blaine, everything he touches is handed to him. They don't really struggle, unless you count a mean teacher, whose every opinion about Rachel is discounted because she is mean. Or Blaine losing his boyfriend, which he created, but in everything else he gets whatever he wants. They don't even show the journey anymore, just hand over the prize.

I fear that Kurt would be handed over to Blaine like a prize sometime in the second half of this season without any satisfactory conflict resolution, as per Glee's modus operandi. Kurt's feelings would be pushed aside. Blaine would sing a song, and Kurt would fall back in love just like that; because no one can resist Blaine when he sings a love song at you.

Yes, I'm mentally preparing myself for this laughable and unsatisfactory scenario. And I'll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen that way.

Divalicious wrote:
At least, even though Kurt suffers, they show the journey. He is handed nothing he doesn't work hard for, and that is more interesting than always winning stuff.

This season showed Kurt winning stuff, first Vogue and then NYADA. However, after his abominable treatment in season 3, Kurt's current victories don't feel as triumphant as they should've been. The writers' decision to heap these successes on Kurt this season just looks like belated damage control on their parts, and the end result is a rushed, unrealistic and unsatisfactory story arc. Vogue came and went in a whirlwind, and you kinda have to wonder what was the point of it all. And just when you think Kurt is finally allowed to succeed and savour his successes, they'll throw in cheating boyfriend and prostate cancer dad to dampen things down.

Divalicious wrote:Hoping that things do pick up, because the longer the show lasts, the more likely we will actually get to see a real romantic coupling between Kurt and Adam.

That's one way to look at things. However, I have no faith in the writers, and am not optimistic in their further treatment of Kurt on this show. Another romantic entanglement for Kurt would likely be mishandled the same way that nearly all the romantic storylines on Glee had been mishandled.

A part of me really wants Kurt to bow out of the show while he still has his dignity. The writing on the show had gradually stripped Kurt of what made him inspirational in the beginning (until the media is apparently only interested in asking Klaine questions everytime they ask Chris about Kurt on Glee), and I'm afraid of them destroying Kurt to the extent that not even Chris's acting could salvage the character or the bad writing.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/1/2013, 11:01 am

adamshankman #tbt with @darrencriss and @chriscolfer the best of times.
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mquon1R04X1r4ezfzo1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/1/2013, 11:10 am

Yes, the best of times....fanny2 

Chris looks so happy. Razz 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/1/2013, 11:27 am

^ that's from the ice skating xmas episode.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/1/2013, 11:28 am

Yes, where Blaine was Burt's "gift" to Kurt.dryy 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/1/2013, 11:51 am

^One of the highlights of the idiocy of Glee writing. :angry: 

MoviesAreLife wrote:Chris looks so happy. Razz 
And tired, tbh.

(which is no wonder as they were on ice-skates for over 11 hours)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/1/2013, 11:54 am

Good Lord. My feet would be killing me! I'll bet he was covered in bruises from falling so much! moque 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4