Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread

2 posters

Go down

2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/10/2013, 8:42 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

Will decides to have the glee club perform "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" for the annual school musical after learning of Emma's newfound love for the cult classic. Meanwhile, Sue uses the occasion to try to bring down New Directions once and for all. Barry Bostwick and Meat Loaf make cameos.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/10/2013, 9:25 pm

Lea has a nice softness to her voice in "Over at the Frankenstein Place." Cory looks pleasantly adorkable as Brad.

Have you ever noticed that Will always has chocolate chip cookies in his lunch?

I know that Chris wanted to be Riff Raff, but I do wish that he was Frankenfurter, because he would have killed it. But he was adorable when he said he wouldn't be Frank, and then the side eye look he gave Santana.

I like Finn's insecurity when he found out that he had to do a scene in his underware. Cory did a nice job of showing it. As I've been rewatching episodes this week, I have to say that there is something adorable about that little crooked grin he gives so much.

I miss Sue's crazy rants. I always liked her rants better than her mean antics.

The Sue pumpkin is awesome. I hope that Jane took that pumpkin home for the Halloween season that year.

Chris was so perfect as Riff Raff. Very creepy.

The scene with Finn, Sam, and Artie always makes me giggle. It's so funny seeing Artie there with his little two pound way. In reality, he probably would have the best arms in the bunch because of the wheelchair.

Will is such a moron thinking that Sue is really on his side. Will he ever learn?

Hot Patootie was so much fun. I have always loved hearing John Stamos singing. He is a great performer. I saw him in "Bye Bye Birdie" a few years back, and he definitely could command a stage.

The future lesbian Santana sure was into Carl.

Passed out Lea is hysterical. The expression on her face was priceless.

I didn't really like Amber's "Sweet Transvestite." She juest belted it, and I didn't really feel like she acted the scene well.

"Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me" is so wrong on so many levels. Seeing prudish OCD Emma like that was just creepy, and having Santana and Brit spying on them changed it from creepy to wildly inappropriately.

I like Sue's speech to Will in the lunchroom. She makes some good points about what kids are exposed to nowadays.

Time Warp was a lot of fun, though I wish they let Chris sing more of it. He did a great job on the voice for it. Actually, Diana did a great job on her voice when she was feeding off Chris.

I'll end this post by saying that Chris really has had some of the best ideas for Glee.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x5 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Divalicious 1/15/2013, 3:36 am

Kurt showing that even though they have assumptions that Kurt wants to dress as a girl because he is fashion forward, he is a boy. He has his limits, and fishnets are apparently it. I think this years Kurt could do it, though. A job is very different from a school assignment.

Finn worried about being in his underwear.

Sue's Corner, whatever that lady reporter's name is, she is always so drunk. I think Rod married her later on, didn't he? Sue's tirade was actually amusing.

Having Barry and Meatloaf there was also a nice touch. This is when Sue was all about trophies and fame etc. Where did that go, she simply became about ending the Glee Club.

The lack of respect the genders have for each other in the Glee club was something I wish they had actually dealt with. I loved Kurt's performance in the dammit Janet performance. His little sneers and nausea. Why oh Why do they make the Cheerios always wear the uniform. So tired of that red/white.

Artie blaming the internet for guys having to make themselves more fit to get the girls. Sam's diet might give you abs, but I like my carbs, sorry.

Emma measuring her desk top items. Emma excited to be a costume designer. Mr. Schue more intent on his own happiness than the fact that Emma was doing well with Carl. Jayma does the character so well, too bad they never really could find an on-going niche for Emma.

Carl was a good character, played by a charismatic actor who actually fit in well. I enjoyed Hot Patootie very much, it looked like the kids were having fun. I remember John saying in an interview that he was nervous about doing the performance, and actually had called out sick so he could work on it some more. Everyone was dancing, but Mercedes, Kurt and Artie. Somehow Kurt ended up on top of a speaker doing some percussion instrument.

Santana showing her lust for Carl. I think Naya saw the writing on the wall this season. She had to make Santana with a recurring relevance. Bitchy girl can be replaced, but a teenage lesbian character not so much. I do know certain members of the community were pushing for Santana to become a lesbian since the first season. I actually wish they had made Santana bi-sexual, and Brittnay just confused. I find it vaguely amusing to think of Santana hitting on anything that moves. I am not begrudging Santana, not at all, while she is not nearly my favorite character, it is important that as many kids get their representation as they can. It just is hard measuring role models when you have Kurt/Chris doing such a stellar job.

The Touch-a Touch-a song, very uncomfortable. Schue interjecting himself into the kids performances yet again in an attempt to woo Emma. Having the kids watch. Even though in the movie the singers were being observed, so I guess they were trying to incorporate it into the episode. It was funny having the various characters over Emma, I liked Finn's expression.

Finn deciding walking through the school in his underwear was a good idea. Needing a grief counselor. Brittnay being pants apparently without underwear on is okay, Finn keeping his on apparently is not. Okay, Mr. Figgins.

Sue not being helpful during the rehersal.

Carl calling Will on him using the arts to try to get Emma. When Mr. Schue finds out about Sue's news item it gives him a great out to keep them from performing.

At least the kids got to perform for themselves. I wish I could see Chris actually perform the RiffRaff role. I loved the accent he did. You could tell he really loves this part.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down