Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread

+20
coxfire
Delight
tamara04
bayth
Divalicious
Glorfindel
Ireth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
sheny
M&M
CloveGlee
fantastica
Catt24
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap40%4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 12/14/2012, 6:04 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt has a Christmas he’ll never forget
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 110
Source

I don't know if cry or laugh at this. By one side the drawing is spot on and funny, but by other side I feel so bad for Kurt :(

In regards to Burt, probably he has the best intentions behind but I'm still debating if I should forgive him or not to bring Blaine to NY. For me this was supposed to be a moment between a father and dad, especially after what he told him to Kurt, but instead he decided to bring the boy who cheated on his son. What's going on Burt? But then I take a breath and think this's actually RIB's fault, they're the "genius" behind all of this. I'm wondering if is a way to please some part of the fandom-Klainers- or because it was need to be clarified that Kurt and Blaine are only friends now, but that might have been clarified by phone, right?

Also I need to say, though is been understood that Ryan like to put things of himself on Kurt, why he decided that Burt has pancreatic cancer? Haven't Kurt suffered enough?

P.S I didn't know "Feliz Navidad" was a song known in the US tonguue . I grew up with that song!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Divalicious 12/14/2012, 6:18 pm

Because we don't know in canon if Burt knows about Blaine's cheating I am okay with him bringing Blaine. Burt's number one priority has always been Kurt, and while he has a great chance of surviving his cancer, as a parent he has to worry about how his kid will do when he is gone. Blaine isn't all we wish him to be, but he does love Kurt, even if he cares about his own feelings more, a lot of the time. His loneliness etc. Blaine has lost that close relationship with Kurt, and he doesn't want to lose the friendship. He will be there for Kurt should something happen to Burt, and that is what Burt wants, to know Kurt will have someone if something will happen to him. Whether it be as a boyfriend, or a friend, doesn't matter to Burt. I think it also has something to do with Carole being invisible and all that, and perhaps he is afraid it is congenital, and Finn will also disappear.

What would be interesting is if Adam becomes a serious contender for Kurt's heart and Burt questions why Kurt doesn't get back together with Blaine. Because if Burt doesn't know the circumstances, they would have to come out at this point. I don't know how he would feel about sitting down for a basketball game at that point. Blaine would have to face Burt's disappointment, and that has to be awful. I would hate this wonderful man to look at me, and shake his head, and say, "what the hell were you thinking, kid?" That would be worse than his anger, I think. I miss Burt!!

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/14/2012, 6:46 pm

i am glad kevin got to dance in a number. he's so wasted being in a wheal chair all the time. I enjoyed that spanish xmas song. I was very shocked when Finn said to Artie after that number: "it's so gay!" I mean, this comes out of a guy who was sitting in front of a sewing machine! In teh real world, plenty of straight guys sing and dance, but almost all the men who use sewing machines are GAY, like Project-Runway/Kurt kind of gay! the writing in this episode is so bad there are so many other examples, like Kurt not graduating due to all the bullying/home schooling but what about Rachel, Finn and Puck? They should have brought back Max and that black guy Azimo or something who was very funny - I mean, that guy's got real comedic talent. it's not easy to feel funny when you are dealing w/ serious things such as bullying. anyway, if not because kurt is in the story, i would rated this whole episode a solid D. who wrote this episode?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/14/2012, 7:19 pm

@Divalicious, I know that Burt's priority is Kurt, but didn't Kurt told him what Blaine did? Do you think he prefered to keep it for himself to not worry his dad and therefore avoid a murder? Probably Burt would have killed him, or probably not because he's an adult who can control his temper...but is his son.

@Kim, it wasn't this episode written by Hogson? The same guy from IKAG.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 12/14/2012, 8:31 pm

M&M wrote:I am having a hard time finding words. Just on an episode level, it was terrible. Lame storylines, boring, and a ton of bad acting (Darren was awful! although part of that may have been the ridiculous script).

Burt, oh Burt. You have cancer. Why am I not surprised. Kurt even looked more resigned to it, as if saying to himself, "wish I was surprised, but considering that something good just happened, I have to have something bad happen to make up for it."
Also, so annoyed with the Blaine/Burt interaction. Blaine will keep an eye on Burt. Ew. Also, betting on Kurt, because you know, he is the town joke. Just no. And Blaine was downright creepy this ep. The weird stares and the frickin' NYADA thing. I seriously think he is stalking him now. And following Kurt to another school, Blaine? Because that worked so well for you before.

I can't even comment on the other parts of the ep. Marley continues to suck and be boring. Puck and Jacob? Huh? It's just all sucked.

I kind of agree and disagree with this. I liked the episode overall and even if most of the storylines except the Kurt/Burt/Blaine one didn't really interest me, I still found them cute and funny and touching in a Glee-way. I totally agree with what you said about Kurt looking resigned when Burt told him he had cancer. That look and sigh he gave were such good acting from Chris. That and the face he made when Artie was dancing on the table.lol
I really think the episode was nicely tied in a beautiful bow in the end though. Just like Sue was writing in her journal.
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/14/2012, 8:33 pm

Copied from the KHAT:

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo4_2504x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo7_250
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo3_2504x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo8_250
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo2_2504x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo6_250
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo5_2504x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbjjatfJT41qgyzvzo1_250
+
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf05wjuiHy1qap4ct

Seriously..... Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 12/14/2012, 8:34 pm

M&M wrote:Someone on ONTD_Glee just pointed out that Ryan Murphy's dad died of prostate cancer... Kurt and Burt are based on their relationship...
Hopefully RM will use Glee to "re-write" history and let Burt live and see what could've been if his dad had lived.
:(
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/15/2012, 5:30 pm

Someone posted this on the KHAT, and I agree wholeheartedly:

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo1_250 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo2_250

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo3_250 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo4_250
Next time, I hope Kurt just punches whoever it is in the face before they have a chance to say whatever awful thing they’ve come to tell him.
x

banzai
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/15/2012, 6:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Someone posted this on the KHAT, and I agree wholeheartedly:

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo1_250 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo2_250

4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo3_250 4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mf0xb6w6PV1qjenjvo4_250
Next time, I hope Kurt just punches whoever it is in the face before they have a chance to say whatever awful thing they’ve come to tell him.
x

banzai

That statement is so true. If we compare both scenes, Kurt is so happy to see them, and few hours later he feels sorrowful because of their confessions. Who's gonna be next?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 12/15/2012, 8:01 pm

Hahah he makes the exact same face of surprise in both scenes!
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/17/2012, 1:41 am

Only got to watch the episode today. Here goes my ramblings and my random thoughts:

I think Kevin Mchale can do drama pretty well if they just give him the chance. Artie's frustrated tears were spot on.

I like that they've decided to give Artie more of a story, but it's a bit far-fetched to consider him the person solely responsible for the Glee club's creation, Finn not being a bullying jock, Rachel and Kurt being brave enough to pursue their performing dreams, and Quinn not dying. Butterfly effect taken to the extremes?

Seeing Terri Schuester made me feel nostalgic for the times when Mr Schue had been better utilized on this show.

I was expecting Blaine to crash the Kurt-Burt bonding time right from the beginning (and was bracing myself for extreme irritation), so I'm actually relieved to find out that Blaine came into the picture only much later. Kurt licking milk foam off his fingers is a highlight of the episode for me.

Blaine reqires more complex emotions than what Darren was capable of portraying at the ice-skating rink. Ah well, the whole contrived scenario is just an excuse for the Klaine Christmas duet anyway. Also, something tells me that if DC and CC were better ice skaters, they'd be doing the stunts pulled by the other couples on ice.

Ah, and I see Klaine hug No. 3 this season. The amount of sexual tension between these two characters is probably in the negative figures by now.

Spoiler:

The duet by the Puckerman brothers may be my favourite song in the episode. The bro-bonding is sweet, but feels a bit rushed to me. Did these two characters interact after Mark Salling's first cameo appearance this season? There's a phone call where Puck dressed up funny and may have hinted that he's in the oldest profession in the world; but that's about it, isn't it? The Breadstix scene was quite nice actually, with the mothers finally allowing old wounds to heal. Not too maudlin and just nice.

Brittany spouting meta is quite insulting to the actors who play Tina and Joe. Typical Glee writers' way of lifting stuff they've read in forums and putting them in the script; and then thinking that they're being clever and funny. The Bram storyline is easily the weakest story of the lot (Not to mention the most silly).

The Marley and mother scene... It was meant to be a tear-jerking and moving scene, I just know it. But it neither moved or jerked any tears for me. Oh well. The tricks of blatant and deliberate emotional manipulation on Glee just aren't that effective on me, I suppose.

Sue's look of disgust after she correctly predicted the Glee club's Christmas shenanigans in the auditorium is a joy to watch.

The use of the group song to tie the individual storylines at the end of the episode is actually neat. Well, it worked for me in any case. I like how Chris still played Kurt as being hesitant and wary around Blaine, even when Blaine is so quick to shift back to his old flirtatious, heart-eyeing self (his default mode, apparently).

Spoiler:

sheny wrote:Kurt has a Christmas he’ll never forget
4x10 "Glee, Actually" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 110
Source

This fanart had me laughing. It's so accurate.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/17/2012, 2:27 am

Yes, I think they are trying to create a female version of Burt/Kurt with Marley and Millie, but these two, while good actresses, are not in Chris or Mike's league. For all their differences, they had instant and believable chemistry, I just don't feel it between Marley and Millie. It's like they made Marley so perfect, they had to house her imperfections in a whole different body, in this case, her mother.

I remembered thinking it shows what a consummate actress Jane Lynch is, to be given basically the same scene over and over again, and always maintaining high quality acting. I am bored with Sue, but it isn't because of Jane's acting, it is because her character never gets to go anywhere.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/17/2012, 7:12 am

^I agree on both counts. Marley and mom are just too sugary sweet and perfect, and Jane Lynch is a phenomenal good actress, being able to pull that repeated crap off.

Delight wrote:Only got to watch the episode today. Here goes my ramblings and my random thoughts:

I think Kevin Mchale can do drama pretty well if they just give him the chance. Artie's frustrated tears were spot on.
If they would have let him, I think Artie could have been a good anchor to the Lima part of the show. But of course, you can't have a character in a wheelchair be the leading man (as per the Pilot established), nor the gay kid for that matter. dryy

I like that they've decided to give Artie more of a story, but it's a bit far-fetched to consider him the person solely responsible for the Glee club's creation, Finn not being a bullying jock, Rachel and Kurt being brave enough to pursue their performing dreams, and Quinn not dying. Butterfly effect taken to the extremes?
It is so stupid, because they had the real reason of Artie not being in the wheelchair being the cause of no glee club right in their hands. And fans have figured that out ever since the spoilers of this storyline came out.
Finn resqued Artie from the port-a-potty in the Pilot, and after that Finn wheeled Artie away from the jocks over the football field, saw the grass spraying guy, and that made him think of singing. Finn then directly took Artie to the other ND members, and 'saved' the glee club and Mr. Shue staying on as a teacher by initiating 'Don't Stop Believing'.
That was the butterfly effect of Artie in a wheelchair, right there. Plain and simple.
These writers are morons: they are sitting on gold but don't see it.

As for Becky becoming a slut because Artie had not taken her out and given her 'self respect': that was just offensive, both to handicapable people as girls in general, plus it nullified everything that Sue did for Becky.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 12/17/2012, 7:36 am

Just saw the episode. Once more, a big mess, but I do not try to find any sense or continuity in Glee and just use it as a way to rest my brain during 45 minutes.

I likes the Puck/Jake storyline, though as usual, it was too rushed and could have been more developped. And their Hannuka performance made me genuinely laugh.

Artie's sequence, as improbable as it sounds that Artie is the glue of Glee (after all, it's his dream, so...) had at least the advantage to give us Artie: 1) Singing (hurrray!!!!) and 2) Dancing. Finally! The drawback is now that Kevin sang, he'll not be allowed to do it until next season (while some will have 12345165876387 songs in the meantime.... I'm not aiming at anyone *Blaine*)

Sam & Brittany: the least said, the better. The only good point of this was Dot-Marie Jones.

Marley & her Mum: er...I don't care. Marley bores me. The Mom is quite a good actress though.

Now, Kurt and Burt. First, I loved the scene they had with Rachel, and can just rage at how the writers missed out last year when we weren't even given one scene with Kurt, Burt, Finn, Rachel and Carole. Their scene was lovely, even if bringing out Kurt's dead Mom wasn't especially mood-lightening.
The prostate cancer stuff had me first yell at my laptop screen: seriously, can Kurt have a break? Just 2 episodes with no crap thrown at him? Is that THAT much to ask? Hopefully, Mike and Chris are always fantastic, and acted the hell out of their scene. Now comes the problem: Blaine as Kurt's gift.
Seriously, people can give the best intentions to Burt, laud him for trying to get Kurt to at least rekindle his friendship with Blaine, etc. that was just awkward. "Hey Kurt, I had a wonderful idea fro christmas!! What do you say about having you ex who CHEATED on you spend Christmas in YOUR appartment? How about he invades you personnal space with you having any say in the matter? And now that he is there, at your cancer-plagued Dad's request, you can't really tell him to GTFO, no? Isn't it, like the BEST Christmas EVER??"

Errrrrr.... No. And God bless Chris colfer for being the fantastic actor that he is, and to portray the right amount of discomfort, confusion and struggle in Kurt to cope with Burt's cancer and then having to welcolme his ex in his own home on the fly, before he could completely process his feelings towards them.

I don't mind Blaine wanted to go to NYADA. Since day 1, we've known Blaine was a performer and (as much as the character bores/grates me and makes me want to drown him in his gel), he is a good one. NYADA would naturally be one of his choice, just as it was for Kurt and Rachel. and as much as it would be awkward for both of them to be at the same school considering the actual situation, it wouldn't be fair for Blaine not to try to attend this school (pegged as THE school to attend when you want to be a performer) just to spare Kurt's (or his) feelings. Plus, just because we didn't see them discussing about it in canon, it wouldn't surprised me that before the break-up, K&B plans were for blaine to attend NYADA and join Kurt there.

Now, sure, it could be seen as an attempt from Blaine to "stalk" Kurt, but even if I don't like the character, I wouldn't go that far. Plus, the awkwardness would definitely be on Blaine, since, if Kurt doesn't want to get back with him, he would be the one longing after Kurt and having to see him each day with no hope (and in my wild dreams he would have to painfully watch Kurt make out with his new hot, tall and fun boyfriend Twisted Evil ).

Just an other side note: I'm getting really tired of people (not in this forum, bless you all!!!) calling Kurt St Gay or accusing him of moping and whining all the time, because it is not true, and for once, in this episode he would heve been allowed to. Yes, Kurt can close-off and withdraw himself when he isn't feeling well, but he is not one to go around saying "woe is me, see how bad I feel". When he was bullied, even threatened to death, he didn't tell anyone until forced to by his dad. When he was rejected from WSS, he bought flowers to his boyfriend. When he was refused class President, he congratulated Brittany. When he was rejected from NYADA, he accompanied Rachel to the station with a big smile. So when the guy learns his Dad has cancer, I think he is allowed not to be all feisty and a bit down, and more particularly: he is allowed not to be overjoy with having to share Christmas with the guy who cheted on him, goddammit. End of rant.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/17/2012, 7:49 am

I always kinda thought that Blaine want to be a performer, but he didn't struck my as person who wants to do musical theather, rather to be recording (pop) artist or something. Also Darren does not seem to have "musical" voice.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/17/2012, 9:41 am

arina wrote:I always kinda thought that Blaine want to be a performer, but he didn't struck my as person who wants to do musical theather, rather to be recording (pop) artist or something. Also Darren does not seem to have "musical" voice.
This. Although unfortunately according to Glee canon Blaine was a better Tony than Kurt (I bet the directors would have more trouble selling us that if Kurt had sung 'Being Alive' at his WSS audition). dryy

But Kurt never said that Blaine would want to come to NYADA as well, when he talked to Rachel on their breakfast at Tiffany date. All he said that Blaine was on board with coming to New York.
Blaine never picks musical song when he wants to sing, and nothing else besides him singing in the school musical (which can be explained as him just wanting to perform) indicated so far that he wants to be a Broadway performer.

And even if he wants to be a Broadway performer: just because Glee said so doesn't mean that NYADA is the best and only musical theater college in New York. There are dozens, and some of them are top notch. Blaine has plenty colleges to choose from. Him choosing NYADA when Kurt might never want to get together with him and is clearly uncomfortable about being around him, is insensitive at this moment in time, to say the least.
I can't with people *cough*Blainers*cough* now saying that Blaine should not give up his dreams for Kurt by asking him about applying to NYADA, when just last season a lot of those same people ridiculed and blamed Kurt and Rachel for thinking that NYADA was the only college worth applying too and setting their eyes on. Double standards, much?

However: Blaine is under no obligation to not apply to NYADA if he wants to, but it is not respectful towards Kurt, and rather creepy, if you ask me.

Put behind spoiler bars because.....well, bitchy:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Glorfindel on 12/17/2012, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a bit)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/17/2012, 9:53 am

I just realised:

Marley's mom told Marley that they couldn't have any Christmas joy (no tree, no gifts) because she had to pay for Marley's therapy sessions.
That's..... not a really good way to talk to your daughter who has a mental condition. Putting the blame on not getting anything nice at Christmas on your baby girl because she likes to put 2 fingers in her throat will not really help along those expensive therapy sessions.

If we didn't know it already: these writers are awful, and downright irresponsible when it comes to this storyline (and other PSA's). Evil or Very Mad

-ETA-
Plus really: it wouldn't be that hard for a resourceful mom to create a comfy Christmas feeling without a $50,- tree and expensive gifts. God knows I've managed in hard (financial) times.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 12/17/2012, 10:16 am

Glorfindel wrote:
arina wrote:I always kinda thought that Blaine want to be a performer, but he didn't struck my as person who wants to do musical theather, rather to be recording (pop) artist or something. Also Darren does not seem to have "musical" voice.
This. Although unfortunately according to Glee canon Blaine was a better Tony than Kurt (I bet the directors would have more trouble selling us that if Kurt had sung 'Being Alive' at his WSS audition).

I get your point, but the fact is also that we know how much Blaine loves to be the center of attention, or et least, how the writers want him to be the center of attention: Warbler's soloist, Tony in WSS, almost one solo per episode, etc. but, honestly, the thing is that Blaine is not a character of his own. He was never developped outside of his relation with Kurt, or bursting out a song randomly, which is also why I don't care for his character. Considering this, it' difficult to judge if he wanted to go to Broadway, or even NYADA before, which is why I don't feel his decision all that sudden. And honestly, he won't come until September to NYADA, which allows Kurt plenty of time to move on from him and be unfazed by his presence when he comes. And really, I understand Kurt's coldness and discomfort towards Blaine right now, but I sure hope he won't give a damn about him in September (unfortunately, the writers will never allow it, you Klaine forever and that kind of stuff.....)
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/17/2012, 10:19 am

I don't understand why they made NYADA this prestigious musical theather school where is so hard to get in in the first place and now three people from McKinley are going to be there. They should just make it "normal" art school with many branches of study so they could bring there more McKinley people...it wouldn't be very realistic either (well, it's Glee) but still better and they could bring completely focus here next year with more people there and new Glee cub...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 12/17/2012, 10:50 am

arina wrote:I don't understand why they made NYADA this prestigious musical theather school where is so hard to get in in the first place and now three people from McKinley are going to be there. They should just make it "normal" art school with many branches of study so they could bring there more McKinley people...it wouldn't be very realistic either (well, it's Glee) but still better and they could bring completely focus here next year with more people there and new Glee cub...
banzai

And Brody perfoming at the Winter Showcase? Razz

Blaine is a stalker...I had the impression he wants to go there because he is sure that by then they will be back together...
He's so lost in his little cloud of love that he doesn't notice Kurt's discomfort at all....And also!What kind of question is it?It's not like Kurt could have aswered any differently...To me it had a meaning inside like "are you happy to have me around?"

Despite his lovable heart-eyes I didn't like Blaine at all in the last episode.He used Burt's disgrace to get closer to Kurt and manipulate him (you can't really hate someone who tells you "I'll keep an eye on your SICK father")...I don't think he did that on purpose but still...
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/17/2012, 1:36 pm

I thought it strange that they gave away where Blaine wants to go. Rachel didn't know until the final episode. The less said about what they did the Kurt, the better. So I think they put Blaine planning to out for NYADA, and then finding out Kurt has a new boyfriend, and reconsiders where he wants to go. That will be the "suspense".

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 12/17/2012, 3:00 pm

Here is the link for the blog recaps to Glee, Actually. It's Christmas, I am falling behind, and we've got a full month before a new episode, so I am cutting this into five segments.

Artie's Story: http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/12/glee-actually-episode-recap-arties-story.html

Kurt's Story: http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/12/glee-episode-recap-glee-actually-kurts.html

More to come as I have time.

Happy Holidays!

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 12/18/2012, 3:53 am

This is going to sound crazy, but I am not that upset that Blaine is going to NYADA.

Of course he is. Guys, he's going to NYADA because they need him in the cast, and he doesn't really gel all that well with anybody but Kurt. Blaine's going to NYADA for the same reason he went to McKinley. It's just the necessary mechanics. I listen to rather silly girls shriek about how Kurt is such a terrible person because Blaine sacrificed Dalton to be with him, and I always have to avoid the urge to say, "Uh, would you be happier if they'd had him remain an occasional guest star?"

Blaine's not going to NYADA to stalk Kurt, he's going to NYADA because Ryan Murphy is unlikely to force him to leave the cast. It's exactly the same scenario.... Klaine 2.0.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/18/2012, 6:33 am

I agree, but I've had it with this need to give everything to Blaine that Kurt had, only in his case all of it has been more successful with less effort. If we are going to look reality in the face, Blaine would never get into NYADA if he auditions in front of Carmen. All his performances are the definition of theatrics, all show and no emotion behind it, except the need to entertain. And the sad thing is, they aren't going to repeat Kurt's rejection arc - that would be once again redundant, which means Blaine getting in will be just a formality. And I'm sick of Blaine having it easy as if he is a divine creature that does no wrong. Every sin he does get either forgotten or glossed over.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 12/18/2012, 8:40 am

CloveGlee wrote:This is going to sound crazy, but I am not that upset that Blaine is going to NYADA.

Of course he is. Guys, he's going to NYADA because they need him in the cast, and he doesn't really gel all that well with anybody but Kurt. Blaine's going to NYADA for the same reason he went to McKinley. It's just the necessary mechanics. I listen to rather silly girls shriek about how Kurt is such a terrible person because Blaine sacrificed Dalton to be with him, and I always have to avoid the urge to say, "Uh, would you be happier if they'd had him remain an occasional guest star?"

Blaine's not going to NYADA to stalk Kurt, he's going to NYADA because Ryan Murphy is unlikely to force him to leave the cast. It's exactly the same scenario.... Klaine 2.0.
I disagree...
Of coure they'll send Blaine to NYADA to keep Darren on GLEE but the sensation I got from the scene in the last episode doesn't change a bit...It still sound to me like a stalkerish decision...They could have said that Blaine was thinking about going to NYADA from the beginning of the season (when he says to Kurt 'In a year I'll be there too')...Kurt's surprise makes me think that Blaine never expressed the desire to go there before...

I'm sorry my english is not good enough to say it better but...I think we should watch the episodes without thinking of what there's behind...And if i have to judge Blaine's behaviour ONLY BY WATCHING the show I do get the impression that he is a too dependent
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next