Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ranwing 8/3/2012, 4:50 pm

Divalicious wrote:I don't think Chris is bored, I think he is tired, and now his daily pace is actually less active, with blocking etc, it is showing. Chris is too dedicated a performer to not give 100%. I also think he loves the character Kurt, and what he brings to the audience that didn't have any real voice prior to this. He has a greatly expanded life now, and Glee isn't the center anymore, as it should be. Adjusting back to the pacing of this life from the travel and signings, and meeting so many people, all the interviews, whew, just typing it is exhausting. Plus he knows whenever the focus isn't on Kurt, he has time to work on all his other projects, he has no room for boredom.

Totally agree. The poor boy is probably exhausted at this moment. He just came off of a long promotional tour for his book and had to jump right into production and promo for Glee with no downtime at all.

I'm so completely grateful that Chris's professional life now extends well beyond Glee. Whatever the life-expectancy of this show is (and I'm not taking bets about it lasting more than this season and maybe one more), he now has so much more in his life. Glee was his start, but it's no longer his only focus. The options available to Chris at this moment are really staggering when you think that this is a kid who three years ago was a complete unknown in the entertainment world. Thankfully Chris is a phenominal multi-tasker and is able to both focus on his acting, while at the time time keeping his other projects on track. When I consider that at his age I could barely keep my college courses from self-destructing, it's a pretty amazing talent.

BlueJazz wrote:And someone found the price of his luggage:

Rimowa Limbo 29” Multiwheel - $920.00

Boy, THAT'S EXPENSIVE. I wanted the luggage when I first saw it but now I can only own it in my dreams

Does Kurt really own anything cheap? Seriously?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  BlueJazz 8/3/2012, 5:37 pm

^ Nope. Not that I'm aware of Razz

Divalicious wrote:I don't think Chris is bored, I think he is tired, and now his daily pace is actually less active, with blocking etc, it is showing. Chris is too dedicated a performer to not give 100%. I also think he loves the character Kurt, and what he brings to the audience that didn't have any real voice prior to this. He has a greatly expanded life now, and Glee isn't the center anymore, as it should be. Adjusting back to the pacing of this life from the travel and signings, and meeting so many people, all the interviews, whew, just typing it is exhausting. Plus he knows whenever the focus isn't on Kurt, he has time to work on all his other projects, he has no room for boredom.

I think you have a point. This sounds much better and believable than my speculation neutre But I need to clarify that I wasn't implying that Chris no longer give 100% in his acting these days in my previous post. I was merely saying he might find his job easier than usual because of the scene or he's too familiar with Kurt already. I hope I didn't upset anyone here neutre

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 5:41 pm

Ranwing wrote:Does Kurt really own anything cheap? Seriously?

yeah, that promise ring by his boyfriend. phr34r
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 5:47 pm

I never associated yawning w/ boredom, unless the boredom also makes you sleepy. to me I yawn because I am tired. Once in elementry school late in the afternoon our teacher gave us a stern lecture for some reason, probably because our grades aren't as good as she hoped they'd be. During the speech she told us that yawning or napping during hte class was totally unacceptable, and for some really strange reason I happened to yawn right after she said it. I mean yawning is a totally natural reflection and you don't tell yourself to do it or not to do it. It just happens. and that's what happened to me. I didnt realize what I was doing until I already opened my mouth and let out a loud "ahhh..." and all eyes were on me. The teacher was so mad at me because she thought i was intentionally defiant, and I wasn't.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/3/2012, 6:01 pm

fantastica wrote:yeah, that promise ring by his boyfriend. phr34r

I can't quite rag on that because the sentiment was so absolutely sweet (sweet enough to cause cavities). I can't remember who said it first, but the promise ring was a pretty stark contrast to the Rachel gift grab. She wanted expensive diamonds (a pretty absurd demand to make on a boyfriend still in school working part time) and Finn (according to the cut scene) was prepared to give them to her so that if/when they broke up, she would have something beautiful and permanent to remind her of him. An expensive, permanent gift to mark a relationship that most were clearly recognizing as having an expiration date. He then gives her a pig that was meant for food, a gesture that while clearly thoughtful came across as initially insulting to a girl who's a vegan, implying that he really doesn't know her well at all (and not the first time he forgot/ignored her dietary habits and how sensative she is about them).

In contrast Blaine's gift was nothing but gum wrappers. But it was carefully thought out and made with his own hands. He used the wrappers from Kurt's favorite gum (a small gesture that shows just how well he knows his boyfriend) and the feelings behind the gift were ones of a relationship that would stand the test of time (no expiration date here). He's giving a gift that is impremanent by design (being nothing but paper) to express his feelings about a relationship that he sees as nothing but permanent. And unlike Rachel's gift, that was demanded, Kurt made no demands on Blaine.

I still feel that the scene was cut, not for time issues, but because it was making Finchel look really, really awful in comparison.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 6:14 pm

^ I was kidding when I said hte promise ring. Razz actually kurt is such a style icon he SHOULD be working on Vogue.com. Nobody in ND has that talent. 10 yrs down the road he may be richer than any of his singing/dancing/acting friends. who knows.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 8/3/2012, 6:32 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m876tmTFeN1rrahezo1_500
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/3/2012, 6:36 pm

^ I can only hope the scene won't be as cringeworthy as "Ben" but yay for Kurt's singing flower Wanna bet how many lines he'll get to sing?

fantastica wrote:^ I was kidding when I said hte promise ring. Razz actually kurt is such a style icon he SHOULD be working on Vogue.com. Nobody in ND has that talent. 10 yrs down the road he may be richer than any of his singing/dancing/acting friends. who knows.

I love me some rich!Kurt coool coool

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 6:40 pm

sjonnepon wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m876tmTFeN1rrahezo1_500

must be a montage of some sort: both pairs are separated so they are all singing to their imaginary halves. and yay for chris singing a line or two or harmony... whatever. I just want him to sing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2012, 7:38 pm

sjonnepon wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m876tmTFeN1rrahezo1_500

I'm not exciting with this news because I'm greedy and I want a solo but that too much to ask so I'm ok that Chris is gonna sing neutre
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 8/3/2012, 8:19 pm

I'm excited for the four-way duet!! Smile Just knowing Chris is getting songs already makes me very happy, because that means he'll probably get a few solos sometime or another too.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/3/2012, 9:31 pm

Normally I'm irritated by Lea's constant twittering, but this time... bless her heart. Just the kind of news I needed today.

I agree brisallie that Kurt needs a solo, but at least it's a sign that he won't be totally silenced this season. Hope is renewed. Darn it. My optimist is escaping her cage.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2012, 9:41 pm

Ranwing wrote:

Normally I'm irritated by Lea's constant twittering, but this time... bless her heart. Just the kind of news I needed today.

I agree brisallie that Kurt needs a solo, but at least it's a sign that he won't be totally silenced this season. Hope is renewed. Darn it. My optimist is escaping her cage.

We have to enjoy this by the moment and sometimes 3 of the 100 tweets that Lea made about Glee are good news for us Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/3/2012, 9:44 pm

Waiting until I hear the duet/quartet because this has all the potential to be as much road kill as "Ben" was, (though vocally I thought Chris killed it) . Get the boy away to New York.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/4/2012, 1:49 am

I do love that Lea spoils things regularly, and even if I am still not sure what I feel about Rachel anymore, I am glad Kurt is singing. I wish it was just a Hummelberry duet though.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/4/2012, 1:51 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:
Kurt can always have the rest of his wardrobe shipped (which would be the most cost effective way to send it). Unfortunately US airlines have gotten very, very stingy with baggage allowances and most carriers allow 1 check in suitcase (weighing around 50lbs total) and 1 carry on bag. Kurt would only be able to take a limited amount - just the bare essentials to get him settled. Perhaps he can use the limited wardrobe as an excuse to go on a major shopping spree in NY (once he's working and has a steady income).

Oh, this would be an amazing scene--Kurt runnnig from store to store shopping. They should make him get a part time job at Bloomingdale's are Barney's so he can take advantage of an employee discount. hehe.

I was hoping he would get a job at Barney's and that would be how he was discovered by SJP. As long as he is in NYC, I honestly don't even care how he is discovered.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 8/4/2012, 1:39 pm

I'm really happy, as I honestly wasn't expecting Kurt to sing. And I'll like it if it's like Ben-objectively I liked Ben, I was just upset that Kurt had been given very little MJ to sing and had to share Ben with Finchel.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 8/4/2012, 6:29 pm

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but has anybody seen this video of Brad Falchuk talking about why Kurt didn't get into NYADA? The part about Kurt starts at 5:07.

It's hard to hear, so here's a transcription;

Interviewer - ....So is that why Kurt didn't get into NYADA? So he could still be a major part at what's going on at McKinley?

Brad - You know, Kurt didn't get into NYADA because that's what happens.

Interviewer - He took it so well though.

Brad - Because he's Kurt.

Interviewer - The people I was talking to about the show, when they went to the trainstation to say goodbye to Rachel, we were all expecting Kurt to take it a bit harder than he did. Are we going to see some of that follow?

Brad - I think that, with that transition, he knew what Rachel his best friend was going through, and he knew it wasn't about him, and so there was no reason to make it about him. I think, for him....*pauses*

....There’s love and there’s dreams as you see them in high school and it’s very specific. And the love that you see is high school is the love that Finn and Rachel have where the girl gets the guy and they love each other and get married and everything’s great. And then there’s adult love, which is what it looks like…when Finn says ‘We shouldn’t be together for a while’.

And with dreams, the same thing. With a dream as a kid you think ‘I’m gonna get into NYADA and it’s gonna be great and we’re gonna be going together. And this adult dream… sometimes it just doesn’t happen and you have to find some new way to have your dream and new way to, to live your dream. So for Kurt he had to face…she [Rachel] had to face what adult love was and he’s [Kurt] had to face what adult dreams are so he’s going to have to re-find a dream and rebuild that idea of what it’s going to be for himself and if anybody can do it it’s Kurt. He’s the strongest, probably the strongest character on the show in terms of his resilience."
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/4/2012, 6:56 pm

^ We raged about this a couple of days ago.

It's not as bad as what was said by Ryan and Brad around Graduation Gate, but it's close, very close.

orageux2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/4/2012, 8:19 pm

Yeah, Brad really knows how to rub salt into still raw wounds. I'd like to focus on one specific thing he said.

And with dreams, the same thing. With a dream as a kid you think ‘I’m gonna get into NYADA and it’s gonna be great and we’re gonna be going together. And this adult dream… sometimes it just doesn’t happen and you have to find some new way to have your dream and new way to, to live your dream. So for Kurt he had to face…she [Rachel] had to face what adult love was and he’s [Kurt] had to face what adult dreams are so he’s going to have to re-find a dream and rebuild that idea of what it’s going to be for himself and if anybody can do it it’s Kurt. He’s the strongest, probably the strongest character on the show in terms of his resilience.

First of all, I agree that Kurt is unquestionably the most resiliant character on the show. He's survived things that would have any anyone else sitting in a corner, chewing on their hair. That was never the question. But season 3 wasn't about showing Kurt's resiliance and ability to bounce back from repeated failures and it's an insult to the viewers to imply that it was.

I will also agree that the idea of Rachel and Kurt both managing to get into this single super competative program was a fantasy - that's not the question. What is the question is the result. Going by what Brad was saying - that the storyline was about moving past childish fantasies into a more adult realization of how the real world works and that achieving their goals might not be so simply, then the one who should have gotten into NYADA was Kurt and not Rachel. Rachel was the one operating on her usual childish behaviors - whining, stamping her feet and insisting that she deserved to get a spot because she wants it so much. Kurt was the one who learned from past errors, gaged what was needed to satisfy a very difficult to satisfy judge, and staged his audition accordingly. Yet Kurt is the one punished by not being admitted while Rachel is allowed to continue on her childish fantasy of being oh so special and that being a star is her destiny.

Now Kurt's journey, if it's carried out in a thoughtful manner, can be the most compelling story of the season (and Chris is certainly the only actor on the show able to carry out a storyline with this kind of weight). But like we've said many times before, we can't really trust the writers to tell Kurt's story well. We can see Kurt either refocus on his dreams of being a performer and decide that rather than depending on a near mythical type of school to get him there, that he will do the hard ground work and pay his dues. Or he could discover something else that he wants to do with his life. Either one can be a fantastic storyline if the writers are willing to give him the focus and time to develop his future properly. But the track record that the writers have... I want to be optimistic but I just can't let myself be.

I do really agree with Brad on one thing, and I've state it before. Unlike Rachel, who is completely incapable of shifting gears and finding another avenue for her abilities if things don't work out the way she planned. We've seen that repeatedly. Kurt, on the other hand can. And unlike Rachel, who is first and only a performer, Kurt has talents that are both deep and broad in scope. Kurt can and will be successful in whatever avenue he chooses to focus his abilities on. The only thing Kurt lost out on in the end was NYADA. For Rachel, that might be the end of everything. For Kurt... when all is said and done it'll barely be a speedbump.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 8/4/2012, 8:46 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m897ojBsOW1qh5dyro1_500

don't know if it's true!
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/4/2012, 8:51 pm

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wub wub wub

kurt-burt scenes are ALWAYS great!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/4/2012, 10:55 pm

sjonnepon wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m897ojBsOW1qh5dyro1_500

don't know if it's true!
This might make it a little bit more legit:
picture of girl with Mike
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/4/2012, 11:14 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m1935ihGB81r3wd9l

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/4/2012, 11:49 pm

sjonnepon wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_m897ojBsOW1qh5dyro1_500

don't know if it's true!

Hopefully is. Love the scenes between them wub
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next