Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

+38
TimF
Kurt addict
AnneNeville
Georgette888
coxfire
ladydianab
ColdFlame96
ariel189
Lottie2303
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
arina
Ireth
Adamina
CloveGlee
sheny
tamara04
sahhar
brisallie
Ranwing
M&M
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
ChrisColferFan1
zuppid
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
ColferGirl
kac
Kurt Hummel
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
bayth
Delight
Jellyrolls
fantastica
BlueJazz
Eaton2011
42 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

Post  tanita_mors 10/29/2013, 11:02 am

4x17 - Guilty Pleasures

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 39e110

4x19 - Sweet Dreams

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 G3ed10

4x20 - Lights Out

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 C5lj10
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

Post  Ranwing 12/6/2013, 11:51 am

I was looking at Kurt's really overt and aggressive flirting with SmarmyHotShirtlessSanta in the PUCS and how it relates to Kurt and his comfort with sex over the course of the show and it fit in fairly neatly with a pattern of behavior that we've seen pretty much from the start.

In season one we have very young Kurt (only sixteen) who is completely inexperienced when it comes to sex, but he is not shy and he's actually very curious about it. He readily accepted the muscle magazines from April and his flirting with Finn was hardly what could be called subtle. He even had a kinky side that popped up every now an then - in Preggers when Coach Tanaka asked Kurt if he could handle all the football gorilla out for his virgin blood, Kurt's response was "Sounds like fun!". This was not a wilting little flower when it came to sex. He might not have hand a chance to try his hand at anything, but the desire was certainly there.

When we get to season two, we have something of a shift. The relentless bullying has begun to take it's toll on Kurt and he's become shyer and more withdrawn. His curiousity about wanting to try things physically seem to have regressed, which isn't too surprising since the first time he actually is kissed by a boy, it's done by Karofsky (one of his worst bullies) and it was forced. The continued harassment (some of it sexual) pushed Kurt into a shell where sex became something intimidating and a bit frightening. So by the time he meets with with Blaine and we get to the events of Sexy, Kurt has pegged sex as something that he wasn't ready to explore yet. The feeling that I got when it came to the great sex talk from Burt wasn't so much that Kurt didn't want to think about sex at all and more of it being with his father (and that creeps out any teenager). Once he and Blaine kindle their romantic relationship, kissing is now on the radar but it's going to take a bit of time before we get some below the belt action.

In the early part of season three, Kurt has gotten a lot of his confidence back. There is the level of trust that comes with having a long term relationship and his curiousity about the physical side of love. It's Kurt who starts making the overtures about being ready and wanting to move the physical side of their realtionship foward and Blaine who is somewhat resistant. That is until Blaine gets a few drinks into him and suddenly he's pulling a Karofsky and forcing the issue in a way that Kurt was most definately no okay with. Once they get past this and have their first real sexual encounter, Kurt is full steam ahead ready for sex with the boy he loves. He gets upset when Blaine withdraws physically in DWS and one of his complaints is Blaine blowing off their scheduled makeout sessions. I began to get the sense that it was Blaine who had reservations about their sex life and not Kurt because Kurt was clearly missing the physical side of their relationship.

Season four brought lots of shifts and turmoil into Kurt and Blaine's relationship and thus their sex lives. First being seperated. Kurt was throwing himself into his work and readying for his next NYADA audition, but sex wasn't off his radar. He missed Blaine and was looking foward to their reunion, and he acknowledged that he had attractions to other men. Kurt was very clearly a sexual being at this point (even if the show didn't want to show us very much of it). Blaine's cheating shook his perception of himself as a sexually attractive individual but not his interest in having a relationship (whch would include sex at some point). He did act upon his attraction to Adam (again, even if the show didn't want to show any of it) and Adam's flirting was overtly sexual. It wasn't sex that Kurt had issues with - it was trust and Adam had to work to earn it. But sex was definately on the menu (as we saw at Schu's aborted wedding when he was the one taking the lead in his hook up with Blaine).

The way I see it, the BabyPenguin stage of Kurt's sexual development was actually the exception and not the rule. Kurt might have been inexperience and lacked the practical knowledge that comes with sex play. He was far behind his peers, as he had to wait a lot longer to go through those early stages of exploring physical sexuality like kissing and holding hands but once he passed that stage, his showed no real discomfort with sex. It seems like Blaine is the one with all the sexual hang ups, but that's another post for another day (and honestly, I don't much feel like exploring Blaine's sexuality).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/6/2013, 12:11 pm

^ thx for this great analysis. I always thought Kurt being a baby penguin ist strange abd ooc, but your explanation makes perfect sense.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/6/2013, 2:24 pm

Wonderful analysis Ranwing.

The thing about shirtless Santa is that Kurt is being aggressive with a guy he finds attractive in a blatantly open and sexual way.

This is the only time we see that in 'single' Kurt, and the episode is bitter sweetl ironic in addressing the absence of NY fun in S4 and no exploring Kurt with guys in that same season.

I dunno, Kurt may have thought being robbed was worth the fun. Razz 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/6/2013, 2:37 pm

^Or at least Chris did, lol.
He was so enthusiast about and in this episode. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/10/2013, 3:20 pm

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mwafc1rymO1qfoe0po1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/10/2013, 4:51 pm

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_m3dh1et7zZ1qfoe0po1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/10/2013, 4:58 pm

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mxcr062WkU1skyvvno1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/10/2013, 5:00 pm

Favorite line from unaired XMAS:

“Rough trade Santa, that’s what happened. We were roleplaying and he wanted me to be is Rudolph, and when I said no, well, he stopped being so jolly.”
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/10/2013, 9:04 pm

Buenos wrote:Favorite line from unaired XMAS:

“Rough trade Santa, that’s what happened. We were roleplaying and he wanted me to be is Rudolph, and when I said no, well, he stopped being so jolly.”

I love that line.   Razz 

Chris delivered it perfectly.

I think Kurt was disappointed in himself for saying no. But Cody did stop which goes in his favour though he was there at the beginning to rob them.

Kurt would have been passed out like the girls if Cody didn't have any intention of having sex with him, but the fact that Kurt wasn't, I think the opportunity of the chance of having sex with a hot guy like Kurt was probably an added bonus. Then after Kurt fell asleep, Cody would have robbed the place then.

I have seen storylines like this before, but the girl and guy in this scenario did have sex, then while she slept he robbed the place. I even saw one show where the thief was a woman, and once again (in this instance) she stole his wallet while he slept.

I think this is what Ross Maxwell was telling with this story and destroys all notions of sexual assault. This story has been done many times before, but this time it was a guy with a guy.

This story is one of the oldest there is, and never did anyone scream sexual assault or carry on like these K(B)lainers are.

And sometimes in these stories the victim ends up with the thief.

I think even James Bond did this in one of the movies, slept with an attractive woman then stole something from her.

The fact of the matter is Cody found Kurt attractive, so he was more than willing.

And the fact Chris as an actor would have probably been aware of storylines like this why he was so ecstatic about it because they are writing Kurt as desirable.

So, saying that Kurt was punished by the writers, isn't really true as with this story it always ended this way. For the thief, sex with someone hot, victim falls asleep, then they get robbed.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/11/2013, 5:17 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Favorite line from unaired XMAS:

I love that line.   Razz 

Chris delivered it perfectly.

I think Kurt was disappointed in himself for saying no. But Cody did stop which goes in his favour though he was there at the beginning to rob them.

Kurt would have been passed out like the girls if Cody didn't have any intention of having sex with him, but the fact that Kurt wasn't, I think the opportunity of the chance of having sex with a hot guy like Kurt was probably an added bonus. Then after Kurt fell asleep, Cody would have robbed the place then.

I have seen storylines like this before, but the girl and guy in this scenario did have sex, then while she slept he robbed the place. I even saw one show where the thief was a woman, and once again (in this instance) she stole his wallet while he slept.

I think this is what Ross Maxwell was telling with this story and destroys all notions of sexual assault. This story has been done many times before, but this time it was a guy with a guy.

This story is one of the oldest there is, and never did anyone scream sexual assault or carry on like these K(B)lainers are.

And sometimes in these stories the victim ends up with the thief.

I think even James Bond did this in one of the movies, slept with an attractive woman then stole something from her.

The fact of the matter is Cody found Kurt attractive, so he was more than willing.

And the fact Chris as an actor would have probably been aware of storylines like this why he was so ecstatic about it because they are writing Kurt as desirable.

So, saying that Kurt was punished by the writers, isn't really true as with this story it always ended this way. For the thief, sex with someone hot, victim falls asleep, then they get robbed.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I've seen this plot in so many movies and TV show and nobody was screaming sexual assault and harrasing the writers and actors for it. I wish the ending could be like in the movies too. Chris and Bryce looked so good together and had great chemistry. Unfortunately we wil never see him again crycry

I'm disappointed that nobody is writing fanfics about these two but with a different ending of course? There we tons of Blaine/Eli vomit2 fics after the cheating happened even though we never saw the guy's face.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/11/2013, 5:41 am

My biggest complaint, the Klainers screaming sexual abuse now are perfectly aware what many consider the cat park scene as harassment, ignore those very well-written and detailed accusations and jump violently the minute any other character could be accused of the same. Adam harassing Kurt by taking his hand? Give me a break! Last episode? Sincere question, how did those people (which ironically enough also includes Kurtsies) watch Season 1?

With this behavior they are supporting rape culture. I am sorry to be so firm, but it is the case. By ignoring or defending the car park scene, they are participating in victim blaming, apologizing the crime and also minimizing it. Many also sincerely believe it wasn’t sexual abuse and apologize it with alcohol, hormones and lapse in judgment. That actually scares me a lot as many shipper are women/girls who therefore seem to have a very low level of self-respect and a very screwed gender perspective of sexuality.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/11/2013, 6:03 am

The car parking scene is not the only problematic scene they find excuses for or dismiss. So many Klainers happily enjoy Tina and Blaine's friendship, saying it's better than Hummelberry, conveniently forgetting how Tina molested him while he was unconcious or excusing her behaviour because she was sad and lonely.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/11/2013, 6:04 am

sheny wrote:The car parking scene is not the only problematic scene they find excuses for or dismiss. So many Klainers happily enjoy Tina and Blaine's friendship, saying it's better than Hummelberry, conveniently forgetting how Tina molested him while he was unconcious or excusing her behaviour because she was sad and lonely.

Good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/11/2013, 7:03 am

sheny wrote:The car parking scene is not the only problematic scene they find excuses for or dismiss. So many Klainers happily enjoy Tina and Blaine's friendship, saying it's better than Hummelberry, conveniently forgetting how Tina molested him while he was unconcious or excusing her behaviour because she was sad and lonely.

They are sick if they think this is better than Hummelberry.

Females can molest males and even force sex on them, so this is just as offensive and disgusting.

Though I think with the puppets we are meant to think Blaine didn't worry about it, but that isn't the point, it's that what Tina did was wrong.

These Klainers are supporting rape culture if they don't recognise both scenes as wrong.  :angry: 

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/11/2013, 7:09 am

ColferInspired wrote:

They are sick if they think this is better than Hummelberry.

Females can molest males and even force sex on them, so this is just as offensive and disgusting.

Though I think with the puppets we are meant to think Blaine didn't worry about it, but that isn't the point, it's that what Tina did was wrong.

These Klainers are supporting rape culture if they don't recognise both scenes as wrong.  :angry: 

Very good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/11/2013, 9:55 am

Lottie2303 wrote:My biggest complaint, the Klainers screaming sexual abuse now are perfectly aware what many consider the cat park scene as harassment, ignore those very well-written and detailed accusations and jump violently the minute any other character could be accused of the same. Adam harassing Kurt by taking his hand? Give me a break! Last episode? Sincere question, how did those people (which ironically enough also includes Kurtsies) watch Season 1?
Short answer? they didn't. Many of the Blarren stans only started watching Glee when Darren came on for the first time, or after Darren had joined the show and then only bothered to watch the old episodes to from 2x06 and further.
They didn't bother to watch season 1, as their precious cupcake wasn't on the show yet.

I even read a couple of times that some of these people think that Darren is an original, as they block out season 1.

With this behavior they are supporting rape culture. I am sorry to be so firm, but it is the case. By ignoring or defending the car park scene, they are participating in victim blaming, apologizing the crime and also minimizing it. Many also sincerely believe it wasn’t sexual abuse and apologize it with alcohol, hormones and lapse in judgment. That actually scares me a lot as many shipper are women/girls who therefore seem to have a very low level of self-respect and a very screwed gender perspective of sexuality.
Yes, and this actually worries me, as it's not just Glee who gives them this warped vision, but also other shows like Twilight and the Vampire Diaries.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/13/2013, 10:40 pm

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mxd9m5IZMD1qfoe0po1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/14/2013, 11:29 am

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mxd9m5IZMD1qfoe0po1_500

is this gif the equivalent of Kurt's crotch gif?  Razz From now and on, we will see it countless of times?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/14/2013, 1:15 pm

brisallie wrote:
Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mxd9m5IZMD1qfoe0po1_500

is this gif the equivalent of Kurt's crotch gif?  Razz From now and on, we will see it countless of times?

I have absolutely no problems with that. Kurt getting his mack on with a big sexy stud with the best abs since Mike Chang? Bring it on!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/14/2013, 1:19 pm

That Gif is going to have "legs".... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/14/2013, 1:22 pm

And since it pissed off the Klainers and Blarren stans, so much the better!  lol! 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/14/2013, 1:28 pm

I mean seriously...

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mjet22v8iJ1s12hw5o2_500

Kurt is the gif that gives and gives and gives   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/14/2013, 1:30 pm

Ranwing wrote:And since it pissed off the Klainers and Blarren stans, so much the better!  lol! 

Oh but poor Kurt is so drunk and misleaded and abused and weak in that particular moment. He could never be a single horny NY guy after for some good fuc....sorry I forgot that Kurt cannot be friends or have sex in the Glee world with anyone else except Blaine.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/16/2013, 3:38 am

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_mxvff5J6ol1qau977o1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next