Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

+5
fantastica
Shinra17
tanita_mors
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 9:37 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:
While I agree that having 20 regulars is crazy, Quinn, Mike, Mercedes, Puck and others are those who makes that show for me, these characters are Glee for me and I will really miss everyone who won't come back in season 4. It was just really terrible idea to make almost everyone senior...
I think it's pretty silly not to go four years with everyone in HS (or most of them; I can't be entirely objective given my dislike of Puck, but lots of people think Mark's pushing it in the age/looks department). Now that they have though, they need 12 people in the choir room and I see no fewer than 8 becoming series regulars or at least having as much time: Kevin, Darren & Jenna already, Damian & Teen Jesus very likely, Sebastian, Vanessa and Chord (breaking him up with Mercedes is actually quite good for his chances of staying, as was bringing him back after that mess before) all possible. If they keep all five other seniors there literally will be twenty or more. I also imagine at least one could have been reffered to as RM as wanting to leave (Heather or Amber seem the most likely at this point). IDK I just think Chris/Lea/Naya/Cory are already fighting for screentime from the choir room next year, I don't want none of the seniors to get significant time.

Mark has definitly been pushing the age limit for quite a while. Sometimes he makes expressions that you can just tell he's pushing 30--you don't really see that with Cory.

They are going to have to add at least one or two more strong females to the high school group to level it out a bit, so I would expect to see them looking for a strong girl or two on the Glee Project this year. None of the 8 you mentioned above are strong enough actors to carry the show on their shoulders. Yeah, most of them can sing pretty well, but it will be hard to add much substance to the show with the ones you mention above.

As for what we are guessing will be Chris, Lea, Naya, and Cory in New York, I would guess that they would have to add at least one or two regular guest stars to their group to build up their characters and storylines. Kurt and Rachel will need competition at their schools--Kurt will need a love interestbecause I will personally slushie Brad if he makes Klaine try the long distance thing. And what do we know about what Santana will be doing next year?

Honestly, I'm expecting next season to be an even bigger next year than it is this year. I don't know how they will be able to do any of the stories justice with a cast this big that is sure to get even bigger come September.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 10:07 pm

Of course Hummelberry will interact w/ some other (minor, I think) people in NY if they get there but-and I hate to say this, we can't be sure they will.

I could see two-three more cheerios being added to the girls considering they love having Brittana in uniform. Of course now that Lindsay's not coming back (considering the line they had her say at sectionals possibly her idea-in which case I applaud her) they really should be looking for at least one more strong leading girl, but last time Ryan was so biased towards boys, I can't see him not choosing at least one. He might choose the boy and girl lead couple there; Sam gets dumped by everyone and Rory's actually pretty backround for good reasons. But maybe he won't even bother because the bulk of the acting scenes will likely be between the Finchel, Kurt and Santana anyways and they can just have Darren as their singing lead (considering how much more of that there will be than Hummelberry Broadway songs, It pains me to say it).
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 10:28 pm

Here is my new dream for the revolutionary idea:

The focus is on Kurt/Rachel/Finn/Santana, and new good characters, and every week, they gather to watch a five minute video diary of what is going on with the others.

So, I know that won't happen, but I can dream, right?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2012, 10:47 pm

there's a "gossip" thread in the offtop community section of the forum. you can go there and spill all the beans you want, but do indicate if you are talking about rumors because it's not nice to ruin people's reputation if they are false.

I do feel very happy that Chris has sparkling clean reputation in the industry. the fact that he's very good to crews and coworkers certainly attribute to his good reputation. It can go a long way in this industry. Crew members may not be named or credited but they are all human and if you treat them like second class citizens they can get pissed. In a world where everyone is connected via social network, bad reputations travel faster than anything. Once you have a certain negative rep your future actions can easily be interpreted in a negative light, further fueling more negative rumors.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 11:14 pm

Here is my new dream for the revolutionary idea:

The focus is on Kurt/Rachel/Finn/Santana, and new good characters, and every week, they gather to watch a five minute video diary of what is going on with the others.

...I'd prefer if it was 5 seconds

OMG, maybe Artie is directing the video diary, Artina get back together, and the whole thing is a complete Tina Broadway solo! Added to the three Broadway songs (2 solos, 1 duet) that Hummelberry sings every episode! I like this idea. Smile
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2012, 11:29 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Here is my new dream for the revolutionary idea:

i love your revolutionary idea! wub but no, it won't happen. dryy

Struck by Lightning wrote:...I'd prefer if it was 5 seconds
but, this 5-second thing will definitely happen, with the help of my fast forwrad button!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 11:43 pm

fantastica wrote:
i love your revolutionary idea! wub but no, it won't happen. dryy

Maybe we should start a new twitter campaign telling Brad he should hire me to write season 4. LOL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2012, 11:44 pm

^ we should start a twitter campaign to tell them to cancel the show. btw, why isn't hte show renewed? every indicator says it will, but it still hasn't officially.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/25/2012, 12:03 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Here is my new dream for the revolutionary idea:

I feel like RM's concept of revolutionary idea will be the exact opposite: 5mn of the original cast to keep the existing fanbase and 40mn of Blaine and the New Pips for his pleasure lol.

fantastica wrote:^ we should start a twitter campaign to tell them to cancel the show. btw, why isn't hte show renewed? every indicator says it will, but it still hasn't officially.
Is there a conventional time in the year for announcing this kind of news? It will be a really big shock if in the end, it wasn't renewed.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 12:23 am

fantastica wrote:^ we should start a twitter campaign to tell them to cancel the show. btw, why isn't hte show renewed? every indicator says it will, but it still hasn't officially.

The costs to produce the show are probably getting more and more ridiculous. The per episode salaries for Jane, Matthew, Chris, and Lea are over $200,000 per episode. I'd have to guess that Cory, Darren, and Naya would bring that over $300,000. Add in the rest of the cast and guest stars, and it's probably over $500,0000. Add in another $150,000 or so for the rights to the songs, and you're now up to $650,000. Then you have to add in the fees for writers, directors, producers, crew, staff, etc. And off course RIB has to make their money, and Fox wants to make money.

So, with the viewers down, the ad rates probably went down (AdAge had them pegged at $267,000 for a 30 second ad in October--one of the top ten rates on TV). The network could very well be trying to get them to better control costs so that the profit is bigger all around.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 12:36 am

i absolutely do not believe they will fill next year's choir room w/ 12 mostly-new actors who will all get storylines of their own. they will need to fill the seats w/ S1 Mike and Matt like fillers to just lipsynch in group numbers and dance - in fact, they may get those pro dancers they used on cheero numbers to fill the seats, and just focus on the known actors there, like blaine, tina, artie, rory, joe, sugar plus couple of new TPG winners (maybe even Sebastian, who knows). Then they will trim the senior/graduates to the Fab 4. That way they can actually keep the total character w/ storylines in check.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 12:47 am

fantastica wrote:i absolutely do not believe they will fill next year's choir room w/ 12 mostly-new actors who will all get storylines of their own. they will need to fill the seats w/ S1 Mike and Matt like fillers to just lipsynch in group numbers and dance - in fact, they may get those pro dancers they used on cheero numbers to fill the seats, and just focus on the known actors there, like blaine, tina, artie, rory, joe, sugar plus couple of new TPG winners (maybe even Sebastian, who knows). Then they will trim the senior/graduates to the Fab 4. That way they can actually keep the total character w/ storylines in check.

Oh, I don't think they'll add a lot of actors of substance to the high school group with the exception of one strong female singer/actress, which they will need in the group (Tina won't be able to carry the girls). And I think we'll see some strong recurring actors in the Fab 4 storylines.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/25/2012, 2:52 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
fantastica wrote:.
So, with the viewers down, the ad rates probably went down (AdAge had them pegged at $267,000 for a 30 second ad in October--one of the top ten rates on TV). The network could very well be trying to get them to better control costs so that the profit is bigger all around.

I read somewhere that while it has not formally been announced, the 4th season has been approved by Fox. Otherwise there would be no need for a new Glee Project.

The high cost of producing this show makes me wonder if NY is even a reality for these kids. I know they can do a lot with films and backdrops, etc., but how do you do them walking down Broadway? That's why I wonder if NY is really going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 2:58 am

^ they should all go to LA and pursue a tv career on a musical about a bunch of glee club kids. sounds revalutionary enough for me!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/25/2012, 3:07 am

fantastica wrote:^ they should all go to LA and pursue a tv career on a musical about a bunch of glee club kids. sounds revalutionary enough for me!

lol! Damned if I don't like that idea!!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 3:10 am

^ gay high five!!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/25/2012, 6:11 am

tanita_mors wrote:I want to know that juicy Lea gossip about Broadway. I live in eastern Europe for crying out load. I haven't heard of a single actor or actress from Glee before this show. If you feel unconformable about posting it here, PM me.

arina wrote:Can I ask for that gossip about Lea and Broadway as well? I am just curious I can't help it :-)

Remember to check your inboxes. Wink
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? - Page 2 Empty Provisoire 313131

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2012, 7:26 am

I think Glee's renewal is a 100% sure thing. Next to New Girl it's Fox's biggest winner in desired demographic and Glee is more or less steady in viewer numbers. All of those who are saying they are in trouble are just trying to stear things and get hits on their web pages. Glee is usually second in it's time slot for viewer numbers (no one can beat CBS, no matter what is on) and is switching between first and second for the desired demographic (18-49 and 18-34, while it's always No. 1 for teens). Glee is right now at it's right level, after all the season 1 hype of the show and it's major publicity. Also, Glee is still unbelievably popular, it's still constantly in the media (there is no such thing as bad publicity) and that is the barometer that the show is still hot, just not supernova hot like before.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2