Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 4:06 am

I hate censorship! I can't post that video directly for some reason.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  brisallie 8/3/2012, 9:52 am

arina wrote:

And this Razz

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m857na3JIZ1ra5gbxo1_500

It seems he's doing a hip hop dancing Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/3/2012, 10:46 am

Buenos wrote:I don't get the "support you even when you're wrong", the writers can't help it but they seem compelled to make Blaine condescending and patronizing.

Glad that they took out the box scene. This line by Blaine would only magnify his hypocrisy in DWS. 'At the first sign of you doing something wrong, Kurt, I'm going to shame you in front of all your friends in Glee club' just doesn't feel like support to me.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/3/2012, 10:50 am

sjonnepon wrote:god, that kid in the K/C appreciation thread annoys the hell out of me.
Ok, that's out. Thank you for your attention

She's one of the reasons I've stayed away from GF for some time.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/3/2012, 1:01 pm

You guys are making me very glad that I never joined GF. They're starting to make TWOP look well balanced. humhum

Shipping can be trickey. As I'd said before, I'm a casual Klainer, in that I enjoy the relationship because 1) it's nice to see Kurt in a realtionship and 2) it makes Kurt happy. But my investment in Klaine is totally about Kurt. I like Blaine to a degree (as much as you can like a character as poorly fleshed out as Blaine is) but if things end between Blaine and Kurt? Then Blaine can go off on his merry way and I won't miss him at all. Sorry Blaine/Darren stans, but my loyalty is to Kurt and Chris first and foremost. My affection for Blaine hinges on his relationship with Kurt and I make no appoligies for that.

There seem to be some characters and actors that attract fans that don't respect boundries or have any respect for their favorite's costars. We see this in the Supernatural fandom with the Jensen Ackles fans - the more extreme ones are notorious for their dislike of not only the other lead character, but the actor playing him. Darren's fans, especially those that arrived via Starkids seem to be of a similar strain. I can understand liking Glee and liking Kurt because of the relationship to their favorite, but some of the antics that I've been reading about - like coming to Chris's book signings dressed up like Harry Potter characters and wearing pink sunglasses and asking Chris to give messages to Dareen - are completely out of line.

Delight wrote:Glad that they took out the box scene. This line by Blaine would only magnify his hypocrisy in DWS. 'At the first sign of you doing something wrong, Kurt, I'm going to shame you in front of all your friends in Glee club' just doesn't feel like support to me.

I'm inclined to give Blaine a little bit of leeway on this one because I completely get where his brain was at that minute. This is a scared kid who as the NYADA audition got closer and Kurt got more and more enthused about it, was getting hit over the head that in just a few months, the boy that he loved more than anything else was going to be leaving and the doubts over whether or not the relationship would survive a year being apart hit him like a ton of bricks. He acted very stupidly, first not talking to Kurt about his doubts and then by consciously/unconsciously pushing Kurt away. It's passive agressive behavior (that we've seen from Blaine before) - basically "I'm going to lose you anyway so I'll make you leave". It was stupid, Kurt's response was stupid and calling Kurt out for "cheating" in front of ND was especially stupid. Thankfully Kurt had the brains to get a handle on things before their whole relationship went completely off the rails and was able to bring things between them out into the open.

Was Blaine being a hypocrite? Yeah, he was. He was calling out Kurt on things that he tolerated from Sebastain so it wasn't fair of him. But I also get how scared and hurt he was feeling so I'm inclined to forgive him. This time. He does it again and all bets are off! ijuta
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2012, 1:31 pm

Delight wrote:
sjonnepon wrote:god, that kid in the K/C appreciation thread annoys the hell out of me.

Who are you talking about?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 1:37 pm

^ you-know-who. tonguue (or rather, you-don't-know-who. Razz )
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/3/2012, 2:35 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Well, I ripped her a new one. Twisted Evil

Sigh. You must be exhausted, aren't you? Hope this gives you life and energy:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m6jl1o8Epg1r2yklj

Delight wrote:

Can I kiss it better? bisou Tbh, I missed you on GF :(

brisallie wrote:

It's better if you don't know. Ignorance is bliss sometimes fanny2

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 8/3/2012, 2:49 pm

brisallie wrote:
Delight wrote:

just say something about Blaine, she will pop up again and you know who i mean.
(or otherwise it will be another stan)
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/3/2012, 3:23 pm

Delight wrote:She's one of the reasons I've stayed away from GF for some time.
Ranwing wrote:You guys are making me very glad that I never joined GF. They're starting to make TWOP look well balanced. humhum
There are just 2-3 irritating mosquitos on GF that mess it up for everyone else. They're bullies, pure and simple, and I, for one, won't allow them to scare me away from my rightful hang-out place. But I hate how they destroy the mood.
It's not even about the arguments: I quite enjoy a nice debate. But they just pick out the tiniest details trying to provoke us. I don't get why they keep doing it. I sometimes hear about the battles in the tumblr lol-Klaine tag and some Klainers' behaviour really confuses me. That's why there are different threads and tags for different fans, it's not that hard a concept to grasp, now is it?
I think Kim said it right: they want to evangelize everyone else, accepting only one truth and forcing others to worship their God. Well, I won't bow. Evil or Very Mad

GF is still a good place, but like every forum that is meant for all sort of Gleeks, it has to deal with opposite sides trying to get at each other sometimes.
This forum (CCFF) is easy and friendly, because we're all here for Chris and noone else. And most Kurt fans have moved past the season 2 ship wars (Klaine, Kum, Kurtofsky). But GF has to accomodate many different fans and I think, despite some very nasty incidents (caused by a few individual posters/mods, not gangs of other character's fans), they're still doing a reasonable good job. TWOP is a safer place, but it has neutered itself by allowing almost no discussion at all anymore. And ONTD_Glee is the exact opposite: almost everything is allowed. Don't even try to make me understand IMDb, which still allows GA to post.
These forums are like different kind of parents: the tolerant one (ONTD_Glee), the strict one (TWOP), and the one that's in the middle (GF). Each approach has its merits, I guess. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks for your advice girls that is better to keep away from this. But I'm sorry my curiosity was bigger and I find out that it someone who I've seen before in GF, actually I'm sure she's mostly a Klainer so what was she doing in the KHAT.

I'm agree that is not bad discussing some topics but always respecting the opinion of others and not bashing. It seems Klaine scenes always bring up a debate.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/5/2012, 3:13 am

BlueJazz wrote:
Delight wrote:

Can I kiss it better? bisou Tbh, I missed you on GF :(

Thanks, BlueJazz. I do feel okay about the whole thing now. There are other reasons why I haven't been active on GF (mainly RL stuff). She's merely one factor that made it easier to be away from GF.

If this forum doesn't exist, I would've had to endure this invader to hang out with the other lovely Kurtsies there.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 8/8/2012, 3:11 am

Be sure to vote "Goodbye" worst episode and worst season finale in the Tubey poll up this week until 8/13/12 at TWOP.com. Unfortunately, Kurt didn't get nominated for favorite character. (Take a look at how many Glee episodes made it for worst episodes of the season... - A BIG FU to RI but mostly BRAD!!!)
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/8/2012, 11:58 am

bayth wrote:Be sure to vote "Goodbye" worst episode and worst season finale in the Tubey poll up this week until 8/13/12 at TWOP.com. Unfortunately, Kurt didn't get nominated for favorite character. (Take a look at how many Glee episodes made it for worst episodes of the season... - A BIG FU to RI but mostly BRAD!!!)

Already voted. And believe me, it hurt to actually pick a Glee ep as worst because I love this show. I want to love everything about it (including the characters that I love to hate). But Goodbye was such an unmidigated mess that I just had to pick it. I was so bitterly dissapointed with how things played out and it was the final stamp of imbalance on the whole season.

I really think that the writers are aware of just how poorly recieved a lot of season 3 was. You don't take a show that earned tons of awards in its first year to being almost completely shut out of the Emmys without taking away that the quality of the show deteriorated badly. And it's not the actors at fault - all of them were as outstanding as always (especially Chris, Lea, Dot, Jane and Cory). But the backbone of the show - the writing - at times atrocious and only on really rare occasions sensative and brilliant. There was too much stunt casting, too many GP performers that had to be given plots to justify their presence (and wound up hurting the storylines of the main actors) and just no consistency or care in plotting out the season long story arcs. Pretty much everything they set up to be the big dramatic plot points landed like lead pancakes.

The show still has it within itself to be brilliant and showed moments when it remembered what made it great in the first place. But it needs to give up on deliberately trying to be provocative and relevent and just focus on good storytelling that makes sense. Have some idea of how the stories will conclude so that you don't have your finale look like you just pulled it out of your rear end. Respect all the characters (and not just Rachel).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/8/2012, 12:00 pm

^ Voted neutre You're right, so many Glee eps were up for the "worst ep" category. Geez, this is sad and embarrassing... mince

Did anyone realized that both Finn and Rachel are up for "least favorite character" ? ohmy I can understand why Finn is nominated but Rachel?? blinkk

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2012, 3:03 pm

To me one of the conundrums the show has for season 4 is what do do with the Blaine character, thus the reluctance to separate Kurt from him.

He's ostensibly 'gay' so they cant do love triangles as with the other new direction boys and since they failed to develop his character for season 3 he's still a cypher. it seems the show is going to reboot the choir room as underdogs fighting for recognition, but since theyve always been terrified to present Blaine as anything less then the golden boy alpha gay who everyone gushes and swoons over even that storyline will be an ill fit for him. They can give him irrelevant solos/leads but he needs to be tethered to someone because he really can't stand on his own.

The problem is that it makes Kurt doomed to a relationship to service having something to do for the "other" character. I would rather Kurt have storyline arcs related to his career /goals. The boyfriend prop served its purpose so it's time to free up both characters.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/8/2012, 4:37 pm

Buenos wrote:To me one of the conundrums the show has for season 4 is what do do with the Blaine character, thus the reluctance to separate Kurt from him.

He's ostensibly 'gay' so they cant do love triangles as with the other new direction boys and since they failed to develop his character for season 3 he's still a cypher. it seems the show is going to reboot the choir room as underdogs fighting for recognition, but since theyve always been terrified to present Blaine as anything less then the golden boy alpha gay who everyone gushes and swoons over even that storyline will be an ill fit for him. They can give him irrelevant solos/leads but he needs to be tethered to someone because he really can't stand on his own.

The problem is that it makes Kurt doomed to a relationship to service having something to do for the "other" character. I would rather Kurt have storyline arcs related to his career /goals. The boyfriend prop served its purpose so it's time to free up both characters.

You know, you bring up an interesting poing here, Buenos. How can they make Blaine be an underdog after putting him on a pedestal so high that he is almost like the second coming of Christ? From the first song he sang at McKinley, everyone has stopped to watch him sing and dance. He has never faced the wrath that the ohter kids have.

I really do hope that they end the relationship, but I think the RIB and the writers realize that Blaine can't stand on his own as a lead character. Darren needs a really strong actor to carry him through scenes because he can't carry scenes. He does fine in the bro scenes because he is one of a half dozen--he doesn't need to carry those, he's just one of the gang, he can receit his line and just be there, but he could never be the lead in one of those they way Cory, or Mark, or Kevin can.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2012, 4:54 pm

That's why the dynamics with Kurt are so stagnant and boring.

The writers have "rules" limiting how Blaine is used. Hell he can't even be slushied for laughs and gay bashed but "fight club" Baline won't be bullied/harassed/taunted either, he's not allowed to fight for solos/leads since the are all handed to him , so what dynamics does he have other then being the boyfriend of Kurt who sings and sins and sings. And of course straight women are attracted to him and guys consider him a "bro". He's not even allowed to be "short".

I predict another year of Kurt slouching/leaning/sitting while with Blaine.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/8/2012, 4:56 pm

I do think in overall Pot O' Gold was Glee S3 worst episode maybe IKG the next. For Kurtsies the Goodbye was bad but in general it was better than either of the mentioned. But that list does have incredible amount of Glee in it. Although Choke, Kurt's golden moment, was good and I guess it takes a weird sense of humor to appriciate the Christmas episode which I thought was hilarious.

Aah, who am I kidding S3 was a mess. I do like Finn so it was weird for me to see his character in the category of the worst. He's not that bad, even in Glee standards.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2012, 5:18 pm

by the end of S3 aside from kurt and Figgy I am sick and tired of every single character and hope I never see them again.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2012, 5:36 pm

BlueJazz wrote:

Kurt's inspiration for that move:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Cat-le11
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2012, 5:46 pm

I do think in overall Pot O' Gold was Glee S3 worst episode

It highlighted Rory and Brittany, and it had the most disposable Blaine/Kate Perry number and that's saying something. Even Darren stans were not happy with that autouned number.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 8/8/2012, 7:00 pm

I hated The first time the most, but that's the one you can't vote for Rolling Eyes
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/8/2012, 7:32 pm

fantastica wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:

Kurt's inspiration for that move:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 38 Cat-le11

That cat is adorablee!!! :O
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/12/2012, 2:52 pm

Since this is the S and B thread, I think this is ok to put here. From set pictures, Unique/Wade (Alex Newell) appears to have transferred to McKinley. Ugh. Why does this show insist on keeping on bad actors? They didn't even keep on Charice, who was a terrible actor but has a better voice than Alex. Also, I don't trust where the show is going with this. I think Unique/Alex is transgender, but the sense I got last year was he was a drag performer. I don't know if Glee, in its current state, can handle this and I do not think Alex should get a ton of "acting" moments. We see how well "acting" moments have worked for Darren.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next