Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Divalicious 6/28/2012, 11:58 pm

The only thing positive I can say right now is that at least Rachel will not own Kurt's world anymore. No way will Rachel ever be more fashionable than Kurt. She might have others dress her, but her inherent taste just isn't there. That way Kurt can be hugely successful, and it not be a shadow on Rachel, which we know the writers avoid like the plague. At this moment I think I value Kurt successful than Kurt forever in Rachel's Broadway shadow. Plus then Kurt will be around a lot of cute male models. The possibilities.

This can also be the writer putting words into Chris' mouth, because people associate SJP with fashionable stuff. I've read a similar quote else where, and the up and coming fashion thing is new. So either misquote, or an actual spoiler. Grain of salt like anything Glee related.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  ColferGirl 6/29/2012, 1:53 pm

Divalicious wrote:The only thing positive I can say right now is that at least Rachel will not own Kurt's world anymore. No way will Rachel ever be more fashionable than Kurt. She might have others dress her, but her inherent taste just isn't there. That way Kurt can be hugely successful, and it not be a shadow on Rachel, which we know the writers avoid like the plague. At this moment I think I value Kurt successful than Kurt forever in Rachel's Broadway shadow. Plus then Kurt will be around a lot of cute male models. The possibilities.

This can also be the writer putting words into Chris' mouth, because people associate SJP with fashionable stuff. I've read a similar quote else where, and the up and coming fashion thing is new. So either misquote, or an actual spoiler. Grain of salt like anything Glee related.

I like the way you think. fanny2

I'd also rather have Kurt succeed outside of Rachel's shadow than forever be chained to her. If his dream is the same we'll always get "but Rachel is so much better/more talented etc etc. than Kurt" comments (which shouldn't matter anymore because they wouldn't be competing for the same roles or songs, but, fandom is fandom and illogical)

Basically everything is a mess right now. There's ways to fix things no matter what path Kurt takes, but who knows if the writers will realize that and write either path with the care and dignity it could and should have. And then I wonder if Keck pulled the "temporary detour" spoiler out of thin air or if he actually knows something.... humhum

Comic-Con is usually when we start getting reliable spoilers, so I'm still waiting to hear what Brad has to say before I jump to any conclusions.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 6/29/2012, 7:52 pm

the script for 'Heart' is online now,

did someone read about the 'loveshack' scene?
I'm not going to say anything about it but, phr34r Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Mad dryy Shocked
They clearly love someone very much. I give a hint, he's gay (i think, not really sure about that)
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/29/2012, 7:53 pm

Courtesy of ChrisColferNews Tumblr. This is the script for the Love Shack scene in the 'Heart' episode. When Blaine enters Kurt (and the rest of America) swoons. These are the actual words from the REAL script for that scene.
Glee really does have the shittiest team of writers. The Blarren favoritism begins on the script level. I. Can't. Even brikwol

http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/post/26169869548/love-shack-scene-from-heart

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/29/2012, 8:04 pm

Wow Shocked , that is one big Blaine-loving hard-on, right there.
No comment. smajli
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/29/2012, 8:09 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Wow Shocked , that is one big Blaine-loving hard-on, right there.
No comment. smajli
It had the opposite effect on me, tbh. vomir

Geez, someone on the writing staff really wants into his pants. sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/29/2012, 8:13 pm

I seriously can't believe that's the actual script. If anybody in the Glee fandom STILL doesn't think there's BLATANT sucking up to Blarren in Glee (and the other way around guzu ), then I can't bring any more proof than this. Disgusting.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/29/2012, 9:38 pm

"Kurt (and all of America) swoons" vomir

Well, I must live in another country because I sure as hell wasn't swooning over Blaine. And you know what, I don't think Kurt swooned over seeing Blaine either.

Well, at least we now have proof that everybody loves Blaine.

Ugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/29/2012, 10:11 pm

dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/29/2012, 10:12 pm

guess who will go into NYADA next year...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/29/2012, 10:44 pm

sjonnepon wrote:the script for 'Heart' is online now,

did someone read about the 'loveshack' scene?
I'm not going to say anything about it but, phr34r Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Mad dryy Shocked
They clearly love someone very much. I give a hint, he's gay (i think, not really sure about that)
No, he's not, he's straight XD. Blarren is a nearly non-existent character, this is not one big blaine-loving hard-on, it is one big DC-loving hard-on.
I'm a bit surprised by this level of blindness though, I'm wondering if there is not a small vibe of sarcasm in it...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/29/2012, 11:32 pm

sahhar wrote: When Blaine enters Kurt (and the rest of America) swoons. These are the actual words from the REAL script for that scene.

As if we need more proof that Glee's writers are terrible dryy . This display of writing is unprofessional and almost infantile. Which is too bad, because 'Heart' was quite a decent episode, from memory.

The writer of 'Heart' was the same woman who was singing praises about DC/Blaine's performance in the Glee concert, was she not?

fantastica wrote:guess who will go into NYADA next year...

Oh, let Blaine head over to NYADA to serve as Rachel's prop. Then I can just fast-forward through all their shared scenes together (Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2012, 1:50 am

^ i love your last sentence so much! Razz yeah, kill them all! Twisted Evil

i believe Brad wrote heart if my memory serves me correctly. but who wrote what doesn't matter, all the writers are in the same pants. They've decided that Blaine is the perfect prince charming, the object of everybody's desire. no wonder Kurt needs no success. he's already hooked hte biggest fish in the world! hte rest of the world should all envy him, for he's the ugly duckling (to the writers - he has toothpick flappers) that is dating a swan so he shouldn't be given more or complain much.

unfortunately a lot of fans think so too - especially teh DC fans. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2012, 2:13 am

if you notice, the script dictates who sings what line. so teh writer decides who sings what??? no wonder blaine sings SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/30/2012, 2:30 am

Unfortunately after seeing the script excerpt from 'Heart' I'm having even more doubts about how the writers look at Kurt's character and Blarren's character and honestly have negative feelings about where they'll take Kurt's character in the future.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think there was so much favoritism given to Blarren on the script level and by ALL the writers, not just Trollphy. It's upsetting dryy .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2012, 2:34 am

^ in other words, glee will never be the show we want it to be. we are in teh minority. we will never get what we want. admit it. we are fighting a beast.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/30/2012, 3:43 am

Sigh. You're right :( . This show Evil or Very Mad .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/30/2012, 6:06 am

sahhar wrote:Unfortunately after seeing the script excerpt from 'Heart' I'm having even more doubts about how the writers look at Kurt's character and Blarren's character and honestly have negative feelings about where they'll take Kurt's character in the future.
If you needed proof for their uttertly failworthy grasp on Kurt as a character I think the fact that Chris had to step in during Prom Queen to give Kurt the dignity, the respect and the strength of character we would all like to imagine he has speaks the volumes that the entirety of S3 has only reinforced again and again.

What bothers me about these scripts though is how completely OTT their descriptors and signifiers are. All of America swoons (for Blaine, even, excuse me but you would need to bring Patrick Swayze back from the dead if you want me to have any sort of reaction that isn't laughing hysterically-- Chris Hemsworth is another good one, though)? America shits itself? People are literally shitting themselves? Is everybody in that writers' room 10.5? Not only that but when you use bombastic language like that and then look at the show the translation just seems completely lacklustre.

There's also the script piece for the Gorilla Gram-scene where apparently Karofsky-as-a-Gorilla needed to hug Kurt, whereupon he walks off and Kurt tells Puckerman he's missing out on true love. I find it funny that the ones who are so adamant about same-sex PDA oppression are the first to cry sexual harrassment and good riddance on that one. Oh, fandom.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/30/2012, 8:55 am

E-ko wrote:
If you needed proof for their uttertly failworthy grasp on Kurt as a character I think the fact that Chris had to step in during Prom Queen to give Kurt the dignity, the respect and the strength of character we would all like to imagine he has speaks the volumes that the entirety of S3 has only reinforced again and again.

*Insert 'PREACH' gif here*

I also can't stand how these writers try to 'weaken' Kurt just to make Blaine look like the stronger/more courageous of the two. If they want to elevate Blaine on the show, they can do so by writing Blaine better; not by destroying Kurt so that his severely under-developed boyfriend of a character comes out looking superior to Kurt dryy

E-ko wrote:
Is everybody in that writers' room 10.5?

Age or I.Q. level?

E-ko wrote:
There's also the script piece for the Gorilla Gram-scene where apparently Karofsky-as-a-Gorilla needed to hug Kurt, whereupon he walks off and Kurt tells Puckerman he's missing out on true love. I find it funny that the ones who are so adamant about same-sex PDA oppression are the first to cry sexual harrassment and good riddance on that one. Oh, fandom.

Unfortunately, Karofsky is still a highly trigger-y character in the Glee fandom. Any further contact Kurt has with Karofsky will rub many viewers the wrong way (especially those who were bullied in the past and look upon Kurt as an inspiration and a source of strength, I suppose). I know that there are those who are upset enough that Kurt was being 'stalked' and showered with Valentine gifts and cards by Karofsky in 'Heart'. If they included the hug scene, I believe that there would be an even greater outcry.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/30/2012, 9:28 am

Delight wrote:
E-ko wrote:
Is everybody in that writers' room 10.5?

Age or I.Q. level?
Badoom-tish! Lol!

Unfortunately, Karofsky is still a highly trigger-y character in the Glee fandom. Any further contact Kurt has with Karofsky will rub many viewers the wrong way (especially those who were bullied in the past and look upon Kurt as an inspiration and a source of strength, I suppose). I know that there are those who are upset enough that Kurt was being 'stalked' and showered with Valentine gifts and cards by Karofsky in 'Heart'. If they included the hug scene, I believe that there would be an even greater outcry.
Hmm, I guess I can sort of understand? I was triggered severely in Furt during Dave's questionable cake-topper scene BUT I was also severely triggered by Blaine's questionable behavior in the car in TFT (in fact, this is the only Kurt-scene I positively can't watch ever again due to triggers) so I don't quite follow the logic of an exclusively triggery character. To me it depends on context and situation. I dislike characters, for sure, but I don't associate either Dave or Blaine with bullying or sexual harrassment. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. --though, and I'm not being facetious here, if a character on a show who is a reformed bully expressing a romantic interest in his victim in an innocuous way bothers them to the point of being triggered I think they should seek professional help.

I think if they were to refrain from upsetting anybody ever again almost nothing of an interpersonal slant would ever be shown on Glee, though, mostly due to the writers' utter inability to not over-do everything.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/30/2012, 9:44 am

E-ko wrote:
Delight wrote:Unfortunately, Karofsky is still a highly trigger-y character in the Glee fandom. Any further contact Kurt has with Karofsky will rub many viewers the wrong way (especially those who were bullied in the past and look upon Kurt as an inspiration and a source of strength, I suppose). I know that there are those who are upset enough that Kurt was being 'stalked' and showered with Valentine gifts and cards by Karofsky in 'Heart'. If they included the hug scene, I believe that there would be an even greater outcry.
Hmm, I guess I can sort of understand? I was triggered severely in Furt during Dave's questionable cake-topper scene BUT I was also severely triggered by Blaine's questionable behavior in the car in TFT (in fact, this is the only Kurt-scene I positively can't watch ever again due to triggers) so I don't quite follow the logic of an exclusively triggery character. To me it depends on context and situation. I dislike characters, for sure, but I don't associate either Dave or Blaine with bullying or sexual harrassment. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I think if they were to refrain from upsetting anybody ever again almost nothing of an interpersonal slant would ever be shown on Glee, though, mostly due to the writers' utter inability to not over-do everything.
Imagine: You've been kissed against your will by your bully who has been throwing you into lockers because of your sexuality. After that he gave you several death(threats). After half a year you kinda say it's alright, but you are no friends with this person and very wary when you see him again (TFT).
A half year later this person puts declarations of love in your locker, follows you to your school (not his) in a gorilla suit and hugs you when you don't know it's him.

I know there are different views on this: some may think that Dave was just a romantic teddybear in Heart, others think the Valentine stalking attentions went too far. It doesn't matter, but I'm pretty sure a hug from your former bully (who sexually harassed you) when you don't know it's him would be crossing a line,....several lines, actually.
For once the editors/producers were smart with this edit.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/30/2012, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/30/2012, 10:28 am

Glorfindel wrote:Imagine: You've been kissed against your will by your bully who has been throwing you into lockers because of your sexyuality. After that youb several death(threats). After half a year you kinda say it's alright, but you are no friends with this person and very wary when you see him again (TFT).
A half year later this person puts declarations of love in your locker, follow you to your school (not his) in a gorilla suit and hugs you when you don't know it's him.

I know there are different views on this: some may think that Dave was just a romantic teddybear in Heart, others think the Valentine stalking attentions went too far. It doesn't matter, but I'm pretty sure a hug from your former bully (who sexually harassed you) when you don't know it's him would be crossing a line,....several lines, actually.
For once the editors/producers were smart with this edit.
I have no opinion on the edit one way or another, tbqh, though I can see that you have a personal stake here. I was talking about general triggers, which didn't really come across well in the post, I think. Your interpretation of events is certainly valid and I have no intention to sway you from it, but it is a fact that after the reveal in the script Kurt still wants to be friends with Dave and one of the captions even says that after the rejection and David leaving Kurt's heart is a little broken, too. (That they would've had Dave commit suicide because of the rejection is yet another OTT gaffé on the writers' part, lol, though now I can see how that would make the OMW-plotline a lot more straightforward then as it happened.)

It's the same fact that after the scene in the car Kurt apologizes to Blaine and they proceed to have their first time (and wouldn't I love to know the descriptors and signifiers for that one!). These scripts and this show are what they are, the fact that one gets cut while the myriad of others don't only a small favor in the long run.

I probably went off on a tangent there somewhere but you kind of unsettled me, sorry.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/30/2012, 1:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:"Kurt (and all of America) swoons" vomir

1st, people actually raised money to buy this shit?
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 Tumblr_ln0zb2gjkb1qc8ruz

2nd, WOW, just wow at the ridiculousness of the script. Shocked Apparently, Glee writers are all teen girls and boys who are all incredibly turned on by the hobbit clown arghh I don't even wanna read the rest of it after seeing this line sifflou I'd rather read some well-written fanfics instead. Also, I think Ali was the writer of this ep. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this kinda explains why Glee turned into Blee in S3, it's so obvious that Blaine is America's biggest star and hottest guy in writers' minds. I won't be surprised if he's discovered by an international record label before graduation and becomes a big star in S4. aa54 I think I've read some fics about Blaine being a famous artist when he was still in high school. I think the writers have the similar mindset as those Blarren worshippers. So, I guess it's just a matter of time before Blaine becomes the greatest person in Glee-verse, maybe he'll even get a Noble prize for "spreading his love to the whole world". sleepp

PS: So, after asking America to shit themselves, Glee asked America to swoon? That's little too demanding, isn't it? Poor America :( I think the line should be "Kurt (and all of America, while shitting themselves) swoons" tonguue

Last edited by BlueJazz on 6/30/2012, 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/30/2012, 1:24 pm

fantastica wrote:^ in other words, glee will never be the show we want it to be. we are in teh minority. we will never get what we want. admit it. we are fighting a beast.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 20120428144743!Preach

The sooner we get this, the better. And I think it's even better if we leave that beast alone sometimes. It's unhealthy to fight against it all the time since we're not superheroes. Tbh, I don't think any of the fans will get the show they want based on the level of intelligence of the lovely writers. humhum

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/30/2012, 1:27 pm

If you need instructions to swoon, you aren't doing it right. The scriptwriters must use 'all America' to signify everyone else in the room, because as a nurse, last night we REALLY had people shitting themselves. Please, no encouragement.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next