Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  valkeakuulas 5/23/2012, 7:30 pm

To cheer or depress you even more: Lima means literary slime and phlegm in finnish and Kurt is stuck in that slime with a dose of Blaine on top of him to prevent him from ever leaving there. This possible turn is making me even more tired and depressed now. And now some klainers are happy that by making Kurt stay behind gets them more? More of what? Shocked
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 7:53 pm

One would think that Blaine fans would want Blaine developed outside of Kurt, there is the constant whining that he serves only as an adjunct to his boyfriend Kurt.

Kurt cannot be in Lima at all in season 4 without it being a humiliation of his character. Blaine will be front and center the star of New Directions and why the hell would Kurt want to be anywhere near that choir room once he's graduated and thought he was moving on? As the character has said, he's sat too many times on a stool watching a Blaine performance.

One of the reasons fans were excited for graduation and Kurt leaving for NY was that it took him completely away from Lima and McKinley. It doesn't mean he would be a "star" but it meant a change where it wouldn't all be about what a special unicorn Kurt is and how he suffers prettily for it. The Kurt as the wrong "gay" one is so overworked as a storyline.

I don't hate the character Blaine, but I despise the narrative use of the character as an "alpha gay" to highlight/compare with Kurt's "shortcomings" as too "gay" who can't "pass" which is why I wasn't displeased the characters would be physically separated. (the most depressing thing about the whole Klaine dynamics is that it revealed to Kurt that it wasn't so much that he was "gay" but the type of gay he was. His boyfriend accepted in a way Kurt was not. Plus the writers didn't have the balls to create genuine friction for Blaine in McKinely, they had to maintain the shaky facade that Blaine truly is that fabulous and talented) If they portrayed Klaine as somewhat "equals" I wouldn't mind their pairing, but as it stands Kurt while the more developed character of the two by far is the one that in the Lima world is the least desirable, the least talented and had the least amount of star appeal. As a Kurt fan, it's displeasing to see that and why so many couldn't wait for season 3 to end and have a new start in season 4. In New York there would be hopefully different challenges for Kurt.

I dunno, if they throw him in NY eventually, they have even "soured" for now the whole Humellberry dynamics.

But I'm not bitter.

One

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 8:25 pm

let's not forget that this show has always intended to be the rachel berry show. Her character is the first one they sought after (if I remember correctly) and lea is the lead actress. everybody else, regardless of screentime, is supporting. they didn't forget that. if you read murphy's recent interview, he always intended it to be rachel's journey to be hte star. that's why finchel is the IT couple, and everyone else is the after thought. we somehow think that just because chris won an award and the poster gay boy his character becomes the leading male or the equivalent, but the writers never intended that way. kurt hummel was only invented after chris auditioned for it, and was put there to add "diversity". they use him to tell the gay storyline, and created a bunch of mini supporters to support his character. in other words in the glee verse rachel is always the sun, while kurt hummel is always the planet, no matter how big the planet is or how many moons it has it's always runs around the sun. we may want to think he's the sun but he isn't. he's only the sun for us, because we runs around him. it's our world that doesn't line up w/ the writers'. the writers want all of us to root for rachel, and let her be the ultimate inspiration, but in reality she isn't. fans only root for their own favorite characters. to me that's the biggest failure of hte writers - that the audiences end up looking at the show very differently from what the writers intended.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 8:32 pm

still from finale (kurt on the far right):
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 6 11

blaine's out fit is just.... what should I describe it - sissy granpa w/ a touch of todler.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 8:40 pm

And WTF was it with Blaine telling Kurt he bought him "monogrammed towels" ? It seems the writers have no clue how to dress or write the character of Blaine. Blaine's outfit isn't even "hip" or "out there" , the other kids including Kurt I could see some kid actually wearing it , but Blaine's"? No.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/23/2012, 8:41 pm

Are Blaine's shoes too big for him? His feet aren't that big.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/23/2012, 8:56 pm

Blaine looks like his mom still thinks he is a little boy and dresses him herself. I mean - pink pants, a blue checkered shirt with I guess a dark blue bow tie, a gray sweeter with some red on it and indigo-blown shoes. Is Blaine color bind or something ? Just plain awful.

I have never seen a guy close t that age who isn't an actual fashion designer dress like that. Frankly, I have never seen a guy in Serbia dress even remotely like that. Maybe, and that is a big maybe, on the runway.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/23/2012, 9:01 pm

Why can't they dress Blaine more like he was dressed in the opening scene last night? Nice poloo or rugby shirts with jeans or casual pants? And gosh darn it, give the boy some socks.

I think we should start a campaign to send socks to RIB's offices for Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 5/23/2012, 9:07 pm

Ok i haven't even watched the episode yet (oops didn't watched the last 4 episodes yet, should i watch them or not?) and i'm still pissed.
The only thing that makes me happy right now, is that there won't be a next glee episode for a few months.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/23/2012, 9:51 pm

sissy granpa w/ a touch of todler.
ptdr Wait a minute, wasn't Kurt the one who described Rachel style in season one of a mix of a grandmom with a toddler? So now his boyfriend is having the same style ... lol

Jellyrolls wrote:...

I think we should start a campaign to send socks to RIB's offices for Blaine.

How much it cost a pair of socks? I have friends that buy them in the streets :O so why is so hard for Blaine to get a pair?! hahahaha

@sjonnepon, I recommend you to calm down first and then watch the episodes, because is not good to see sth when you're upset.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 10:01 pm

don't bother to waste money on buying socks for blaine. send him a used pair (w/ the hole in the toe or heel area) instead. oh, and don't bother to wash them. leave them stinky. that's a strong message to send to glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/23/2012, 10:06 pm

Blaine's clothes are worse than Artie's sweater vests.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/23/2012, 10:11 pm

I have no experience in the fashion industry and don't have a degree in it either but even I can come up with better put together outfits for Blaine than they do in the show. It's like no thought has gone into dressing him at all. I'm surprised Kurt hasn't thrown all those clothes into the trash.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/23/2012, 10:17 pm

Clearly the Lou Eyrich hasn't stepped foot inside a real American high school in at least 40 years.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 10:27 pm

^ or maybe she secretly hates blaine. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/23/2012, 10:36 pm

fantastica wrote:^ or maybe she secretly hates blaine. Smile

ptdr

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 10:47 pm

To me it's indicative of the lack of character development of Blaine on what they throw out there as far as a "look" for him. They seem to think that since the 50's Warbler uniform established him, he needs a retro 50's Granpa look.

Physically Darern is a relatively short, slight, thin waisted guy. Almost physically dainty. (I laughed at the camera "angles" used to give him larger guns for "Something Coming".) Daren has a proportionally longer torso and shorter legs per his body type, not quite the fit for most model looks.

So I suspect they think the sweaters, vests, cardigans, bow ties physically give him more "heft". The problem is that the high waters dont' flatter short people, tall people can pull off that look. Plus the layered look makes him look "squattier", thicker and the style he gets would be a hard sell even for someone tall and slender. However you just have to compare whenever Kurt wears a variation of something that Blaine does (including bow ties) and the contrast is jarring.

Chris as Kurt sometimes has real WTF fashions but Chris is much taller than Darren and has the cheekbones and body structure to pull off most fashions. Chris is long and has a genuine V-shape. His shoulders are broader but he has a relatively small waist and his legs go on and on. He does have the "model" look. Even when he's rocking the ridiculous caftan Ayatollah look Kurt looks like he just stepped off the runway.

Darren IMO would be best served by simpler , less "layered" fashion for Blaine. Even the simple shirt and jeans he wore while watching Kurt perform "Phantom" flatter him a whole lot more. If they stuck to that he would be fine.

The problem is that the show wants to add a a "personality" to Blane they way they do with Kurt and Rachel, through fashion, but since in the show he doesn't have a real established personality, it veers closer to the way they tried to stick fashions including Goth and go-go on Jenna/Tina to define her. Plus they put the most unflattering looks on Darren for the most part and to that they add all that hair gell which makes him look even more like a refugee from the 50's. Does any kid wear that much gell nowadays that looks like a helmet??

For the most part he just looks strange, it looks like it's a costume on him.
One of the signs of a true Blaine/Darren STanner is the insistence that actual kids dress like Blaine does in high schools today and that that look flatters Darren.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/23/2012, 11:03 pm

Buenos wrote:To me it's indicative of the lack of character development of Blaine that they just throw anything out there as far as a "look" for him.

Physically Darern is a relatively short, slight, thin waisted guy. Almost physically dainty. (I laughed at the camera "angles" used to give him larger guns for "Something Coming".) Daren has a proportionally longer torso and shorter legs per his body type, not quite the fit for most model looks.

So I suspect they think the sweaters, vests, cardigans, bow ties physically give him more "heft". The problem is that the high waters dont' flatter short people, tall people can pull off that look. Plus the layered look makes him look "squattier", thicker and the style he gets would be a hard sell even for someone tall and slender. However you just have to compare whenever Kurt wears a variation of something that Blaine does (including bow ties) and the contrast is jarring.

Chris as Kurt sometimes has real WTF fashions but Chris is much taller than Darren and has the cheekbones and body structure to pull off most fashions. Chris is long and has a genuine V-shape. His shoulders are broader but he has a relatively small waist and his legs go on and on. He does have the "model" look. Even when he's rocking the ridiculous caftan Ayatollah look Kurt looks like he just stepped off the runway.

Darren IMO would be best served by simpler , less "layered" fashion for Blaine. Even the simple shirt and jeans he wore while watching Kurt perform "Phantom" flatter him a whole lot more. If they stuck to that he would be fine.

The problem is that the show wants to add a a "personality" to Blane they way they do with Kurt and Rachel, through fashion, but since in the show he doesn't have a real established personality, it veers closer to the way they tried to stick fashions including Goth and go-go on Jenna/Tina to define her. Plus they put the most unflattering looks on Darren for the most part and to that they add all that hair gell which makes him look even more like a refugee from the 50's. Does any kid wear that much gell nowadays that looks like a helmet??

For the most part he just looks strange, it looks like it's a costume on him.
One of the signs of a true Blaine/Darren STanner is the insistence that actual kids dress like Blaine does in high schools today and that that look flatters Darren.

rooots

I like this body structure and personality analize to explain Blaine's fashion or lack of fashion lol

I'm not an expert in body structure but I'm a short girl so as you have mentioned high waters doesn't fit to short people at all, but once someone said this season they were trying to make Blaine looks like a junior but still don't see why is he dressing up like a kid sometimes? Actually kids in RL dresses up like that? Personally he should dresses up as he did in season 2 and latest episodes where he's not wearing bowties but instead polo shirts and jeans, for me is like a preppy style with a young twist; not older not toddler.

Chris could be a good model but though he's tall is not enough to be a model, not a runway model at least.

On a side note: because we're talking about fashion, I don't like the go-go style of Tina. I don't like those square dresses because her figure is already square so I'd rather the goth style.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 11:03 pm

^ i don't know that look can flatter anybody, unless he's sponge bob square pants.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 11:11 pm

Donrt hate. Sponge bob square pants is a fashion icon. He wears his clothes with confidence.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 11:17 pm

Chris could be a good model but though he's tall is not enough to be a model, not a runway model at least

I agree He's "only" about 5-11, no?? The test is when you seem him in for example, photographed by the Paparazzo, in say, just a simple Henley and Jeans. He looks in proportion and lot of people don't.

I think Harry Shum Jr. is just 6 feet but IMO he has most "model look" of any of the Glee actors. He could rock the runway.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 11:19 pm

chris should never be a real runway model. it's very unhealthy because they have to be extremely tall and thin.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 11:36 pm

This is Mark Salling with same look.

Tell me how this look flatters anyone.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 6 Mark-Salling-041612-4
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 12:35 am

^ no. although kurt looked mighty w/ a similar outfit in BTW's mall flash mob scene.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/24/2012, 5:36 am

^That look flatters no one, but I prefer Mark in it to Blaine as he has the height.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next