Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 24 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Divalicious 10/18/2014, 10:49 pm

I have to be in a mood to watch Horror. This time of year leads to wanting something a little more dark, but I haven't seen AHS since the first season.

I have enjoyed the Flash. Competent writers actually allow good actors to emote. Grant has some very expressive eyes. I like that even though he is superhuman, he hasn't been given powers without cost. It has a physical effect on him, which I appreciate.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 24 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  ColferInspired 10/18/2014, 11:29 pm

Grant is perfect as Barry Allen/The Flash.

I already love this show and they have definitely picked the right cast.

Many say it is cheesy, but what super hero show isn't.

Loved Season 1 and Season 2 AHS, never seen Season 3.

Did watch the premiere of the latest AHS.

Might continue to watch it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/24/2014, 1:45 am

I'm really loving How To Get Away With Murder...Viola Davis is amazing, and I love the characters and the flash forward storylines.

I started watching The Flash for Grant, then I really enjoyed it for the show itself. Grant is really great in it.

I'm also watching Selfie, because of Karen Gillan and John Cho...I don't find it that funny, but at 21 min per episode it's a quick mindless break from work.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/24/2014, 5:12 pm

^I watched a few episodes from 'How to get away with murder', but I find most characters unsympathetic and selfish, especially the main female lead, so I'm not sure I will keep watching it.
I know the show is supposed to be about a cutthroat law firm and law school students who have to basically fight with one another to get ahead, so people backstabbing each other and being egoistical is par for the course in such a harsh and cold environment, but it's just not that entertaining for me: if I can't feel much sympathy for the characters then why should I still care what happens to them, or if they really "get away with murder"?
I do agree however that it's a very clever written show, and the actors are solid. Plus there is good POC and LGBT representation in the series.

The past week I've been bingewatching 'Orange Is the New Black' and I really like that series.
I hadn't watched the show before (even though I know Chris is crazy about it, which should be a good recommendation) because I usually don't like stories that take place in prison ('The Shawshank Redemption' being the exception). I still don't care much for the prison life/side of OITNB, but there are so many good female characters in this show, and so many important issues are addressed, that it's quite fascinating to watch. 

Most of the actresses in OITNB are really, really good. Plus they are all interesting and beautiful, but not in the 'normal' Hollywood kind of way (tall, skinny, white, boobs). 
And there's a lot of POC and LGBT representation in this series too.

The main character is actually my least favorite character of them all, and I don't find her story very interesting nor her very sympathetic, but at least I can understand her and her motivations to do things, as the writing for all the characters is pretty solid.
My favorite characters are the transsexual woman played by Laverne Cox, and the Russian (former) cook played by Kate Mulgrew (and it took me about 5-6 episodes before I  recognized her as captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager; she is a terrific actress).

I'm halfway season 2 now, so don't spoil anything for me till I'm done watching in a few days! Suspect
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/24/2014, 5:39 pm

Well, tonight I'm likely to get a new obsession - Constantine will be premiering. I've been a great fan of the character for longer than I want to admit and collected the comic for years (even after I stopped collecting and reading most other titles). He's a fascinating character and the show is supposed to be very faithful to the feel of the comics. So expect me to do some minor squeeing here.

Rather ashamed to admit that I've yet to watch any of HTGAWM or OITNB. I'm a bad person... Embarassed
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/25/2014, 11:57 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I watched a few episodes from 'How to get away with murder', but I find most characters unsympathetic and selfish, especially the main female lead, so I'm not sure I will keep watching it.
I know the show is supposed to be about a cutthroat law firm and law school students who have to basically fight with one another to get ahead, so people backstabbing each other and being egoistical is par for the course in such a harsh and cold environment, but it's just not that entertaining for me: if I can't feel much sympathy for the characters then why should I still care what happens to them, or if they really "get away with murder"?
I do agree however that it's a very clever written show, and the actors are solid. Plus there is good POC and LGBT representation in the series.

I probably wouldn't be able to stand some of the characters if I knew them in real life, since I know selfish jerks from my school who're just like them, but I love them as characters on my TV as they're well written, entertaining, and I do understand their motivations even if I don't agree with them because I do know people like that in real life. The wanting to find out the mystery and the POC + LGBT + strong women representation does play a big part in my liking of the show as well.

The past week I've been bingewatching 'Orange Is the New Black' and I really like that series.
I hadn't watched the show before (even though I know Chris is crazy about it, which should be a good recommendation) because I usually don't like stories that take place in prison ('The Shawshank Redemption' being the exception). I still don't care much for the prison life/side of OITNB, but there are so many good female characters in this show, and so many important issues are addressed, that it's quite fascinating to watch. 

Most of the actresses in OITNB are really, really good. Plus they are all interesting and beautiful, but not in the 'normal' Hollywood kind of way (tall, skinny, white, boobs). 
And there's a lot of POC and LGBT representation in this series too.

The main character is actually my least favorite character of them all, and I don't find her story very interesting nor her very sympathetic, but at least I can understand her and her motivations to do things, as the writing for all the characters is pretty solid.
My favorite characters are the transsexual woman played by Laverne Cox, and the Russian (former) cook played by Kate Mulgrew (and it took me about 5-6 episodes before I  recognized her as captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager; she is a terrific actress).

I'm halfway season 2 now, so don't spoil anything for me till I'm done watching in a few days! Suspect

I'm still not done with Season 1, but I totally agree with you about the reasons for loving the show. And I find Piper to be my least favorite, and very frustrating too.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/30/2014, 9:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Grant can handle all the different emotions needed for the role, from goofy to sad, his acting skills and range are very impressive. And I think the actors they chose for the other roles are good fits for their characters.

I will certainly continue to watch the series, and not just for Grant. fanny2

I've only just started watching 'The Flash' myself. Indeed, Grant has great on-screen presence, his character is undeniably likeable, and the show so far is quite enjoyable to watch (despite its occasional cheesy dialogue). There is also enough dark foreshadowing to keep things interesting.

Spoiler:

fantastica wrote:i started to watch American Horror Stories and i am surprised how interesting it is - the second season is better than the first.

That was my opinion after watching the first episode of AHS season 1. You almost can't believe that RM and Brad Falchuk are the creators of the show. Then again, RM is notorious for making decent first seasons of his shows, only to trash it in the later seasons.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/30/2014, 10:21 am

I think Ryan does okay with AHS because he gets to reset things every season. It does not carry on. He gets to play with his puppets, and then change things. It seems the man is incapable of keeping things creative with the same characters after two seasons. They just implode.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/17/2014, 3:53 pm

i am addicted to Grimm right now. it gets better as time goes on. it's more humorous than glee and very entertaining. the CGI is so bad it's hilarious, but who cares. this is not a show for you to nit pick everything or analyze its "logic". it's a fantasy, and it's downright fun to watch. i am still in the beginning of season 3.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/17/2014, 4:24 pm

i'm a fan as well. the only one who isn't jiving well is Juliet. idk, something is just not working for me. otherwise, everyone is great. my fave is naturally Adalind. it's a really fun monster of the week with an overarching plotlines kind of show.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/17/2014, 7:00 pm

Juliet the character is ok for me, but the actress' face bothers me. the lines don't align right somehow. i wish i can "sculpt" it for her. i do hate the adaline character. i wish she is dead, but i know we need a bad woman on the show.

i like that chinese cop Wu. i also love the beaver refrigerator repair man. they are both a lot of fun. The repairman is particularly hilarious.

i have a crush on that captain guy. somehow tall and well-built man who smolders gets to me. but the captain character is also very cool and interesting. i like every word coming out of his mouth, especially when he speaks French (i assume it's Canadian French?)

among all the wessens, rosalee's fox face is the most beautiful. she looks like a pet i'd like to babysit my cat with. i think all the wessen actors are hired because they resemble a particular animal.

again i think chris is perfect for a show like this.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/9/2014, 2:07 pm

My new favorite show - BREAKING BAD! I stayed away from it for a long time because I personally do not like drug related subjects. Recently i was running out of shows to watch and BB has such high ratings i figure it won't hurt to try. just finished season 3 and boy what a thrilling ride it was! the show is very funny at points but also very emotionally heavy. all i can say is the writing is brilliant and acting is perfect and i especially the direction and camera work. it did take a toll as i kept on thinking about it in my sleep/dreams. i am glad hte whole series is over. the only way to really enjoy a tv series is binge watching. so far i have lost interest in most shows that gets aired on a weekly basis, even if i enjoyed them at first.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 24 Empty Dear TV Santa

Post  lilypaperclips 12/11/2014, 10:16 am

fantastica wrote:i am addicted to Grimm right now. it gets better as time goes on. it's more humorous than glee and very entertaining. the CGI is so bad it's hilarious, but who cares. this is not a show for you to nit pick everything or analyze its "logic". it's a fantasy, and it's downright fun to watch. i am still in the beginning of season 3.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 24 2ahw1mh_th

Dear TV Santa, please make the Chris playing evil Pinnochio idea come to pass. Whether he plays out and out antagonist like Joffrey Barathean, layered misunderstood villain like Regina or tortured anti-hero like Rumplstiltskin on Once upon a time...any one of those will do as long as he is playing wicked I am soooooo in.

I've been good this year, I only watched half of a Keeping up with the Kardashians episode.
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/11/2014, 2:14 pm

i'd love him on grimm, and if i'm not mistaken it's a fox show so there would be no network problem.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 12/11/2014, 4:02 pm

tanita_mors wrote:i'd love him on grimm, and if i'm not mistaken it's a fox show so there would be no network problem.

Hi tanita_mors!

No, actually Grimm is an NBC  show. I do not know the logistics of getting Chris on Grimm. But like you, I would love to see him on though maybe more as a part of 3 episode arc.
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/11/2014, 6:36 pm

After a few months Glee is over and Chris will be free from Fox and his contract with that network too.
So there will be no problem for him to get a guest star job at another network.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/11/2014, 8:16 pm

TVGUIDE named "Hannibal" best TV series of 2014.
bounce bounce

I'd give a good Chianti bottle and fava beans for Chris to guest star on this Brian Fuller Opus. Brian is on record as saying he "loves that fucking kid".

Hannibal is visually so unique for network TV these days, but then again it's Brian "Pushing Daisies" Fuller....
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/21/2014, 2:07 am

So proud of Hannibal Smile

Ok, I've started to watch AHS: Freak Show, and so far I like it more than previous season as I find the story more interesting. Overall I like the characters of Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters ans Jessica Lange, though is not suprise as usually I like their characters. BUT, there's someone else who got my attention, the one who plays Dandy (Finn Wittrott is his name?). He kinda reminds me blaine, but he's much more awesone and better actor. I'm so curious to find out why he is so damn weird.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/21/2014, 4:27 pm

for once the actual best show on tv won that title. that has been the best show on tv since it premiered two years ago. nothing quite like it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/22/2014, 3:29 am

brisallie wrote:So proud of Hannibal Smile

Ok, I've started to watch AHS: Freak Show, and so far I like it more than previous season as I find the story more interesting. Overall I like the characters of Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters ans Jessica Lange, though is not suprise as usually I like their characters. BUT, there's someone else who got my attention, the one who plays Dandy (Finn Wittrott is his name?). He kinda reminds me blaine, but he's much more awesone and better actor. I'm so curious to find out why he is so damn weird.

That actor who plays Dandy has a body on him, I'm just saying... phr34r

This AHS : Freak Show is a sort of microcosm of everthing good and bad about a Ryan Murphy production.  That it is suppose to be fantasy horror gives him carte blanche to have the characters do literally anything  or take WTF plot turns...it's entertaining but because there is no continuity it works.  Ryan is very good with "shock value" (look at early Nip/Tuck or even Glee) so an anthology series makes things end before the repetitive things get too out of hand.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/14/2015, 6:34 am

http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/hannibal-season-3-cast-richard-armitage-dolarhyde/

this is gonna be epic. thorin oakenshield is playing Francis Dolarhyde aka the Tooth Fairy aka the killer from Red Dragon in the 3rd season of Hannibal. ded ded ded

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/14/2015, 1:00 pm

^ yessssssssssss! "thorin oakenshield" ( Razz  ) landing a killer role (pun fully intended) on a critically acclaimed tv show is enough incentive for this old fan to watch something i probably wouldn't have the stomach for. i usually love horror and anything dark as long as it doesn't involve cutting up live humans (don't care about dead ones). i hope there's nothing in this show that cuts up people while they are alive and screaming. it's just a stomach thing. I have a lot of tolerance for blood and gore but little for extreme physical torture because somehow i can "feel" it myself when it gets too much.

the kind of horror movie i hate to watch is HOSTEL. it's really disgusting! i actually watched 2, but will never another.

so Hannibal fans, please tell me Hannibal is nothing like Hostel, otherwise i may have to keep a bucket next to my seat when the show goes on. oh, i also need to convince someone else to watch it w/ me. hubby is a total softie so i am not sure if this would work for him. i have trouble watching anything horror on my own these days. ok if my cat can cuddle w/ me throughout the show maybe that will be an acceptable substitution.

i loved silence of the lambs but couldn't bear to watch it twice. the movie gave me nightmares for quite awhile and i avoided watching all the movie sequels. i know Hannibal is a very good TV show, and many of you here are fans. i just needed a good straw to break the elephant's back, and i guess Richard Armitage is my final straw! Razz

Last edited by fantastica on 1/14/2015, 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/14/2015, 1:03 pm

so, among my two celebrity faves, Richard Armitage is going to play a psycho serial killer. when will Chris Colfer? Smile  ok as long as he plays one before i die i would be happy. i can totally see him doing pyscho serials- but hopefully not a saddest who enjoys cutting people alive.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/14/2015, 3:17 pm

it's pretty gory to tell you the truth but also incredibly visually stylized as well. maybe you should watch a few episodes to check it out. imo, it's the best show on tv right now. i just love it.

the pilot

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/15/2015, 1:53 pm

Since Hannibal is on broadcast TV. in other words it cannot be as disgusting as R rated horror movies. am I right?

I watched the first episode and don't think it's more bloody than most tv crime dramas. i will give it a further shot. thanks Ivana.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next