Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 25 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Glorfindel 12/11/2014, 6:36 pm

After a few months Glee is over and Chris will be free from Fox and his contract with that network too.
So there will be no problem for him to get a guest star job at another network.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 25 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Buenos 12/11/2014, 8:16 pm

TVGUIDE named "Hannibal" best TV series of 2014.
bounce bounce

I'd give a good Chianti bottle and fava beans for Chris to guest star on this Brian Fuller Opus. Brian is on record as saying he "loves that fucking kid".

Hannibal is visually so unique for network TV these days, but then again it's Brian "Pushing Daisies" Fuller....
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/21/2014, 2:07 am

So proud of Hannibal Smile

Ok, I've started to watch AHS: Freak Show, and so far I like it more than previous season as I find the story more interesting. Overall I like the characters of Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters ans Jessica Lange, though is not suprise as usually I like their characters. BUT, there's someone else who got my attention, the one who plays Dandy (Finn Wittrott is his name?). He kinda reminds me blaine, but he's much more awesone and better actor. I'm so curious to find out why he is so damn weird.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/21/2014, 4:27 pm

for once the actual best show on tv won that title. that has been the best show on tv since it premiered two years ago. nothing quite like it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/22/2014, 3:29 am

brisallie wrote:So proud of Hannibal Smile

Ok, I've started to watch AHS: Freak Show, and so far I like it more than previous season as I find the story more interesting. Overall I like the characters of Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters ans Jessica Lange, though is not suprise as usually I like their characters. BUT, there's someone else who got my attention, the one who plays Dandy (Finn Wittrott is his name?). He kinda reminds me blaine, but he's much more awesone and better actor. I'm so curious to find out why he is so damn weird.

That actor who plays Dandy has a body on him, I'm just saying... phr34r

This AHS : Freak Show is a sort of microcosm of everthing good and bad about a Ryan Murphy production.  That it is suppose to be fantasy horror gives him carte blanche to have the characters do literally anything  or take WTF plot turns...it's entertaining but because there is no continuity it works.  Ryan is very good with "shock value" (look at early Nip/Tuck or even Glee) so an anthology series makes things end before the repetitive things get too out of hand.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/14/2015, 6:34 am

http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/hannibal-season-3-cast-richard-armitage-dolarhyde/

this is gonna be epic. thorin oakenshield is playing Francis Dolarhyde aka the Tooth Fairy aka the killer from Red Dragon in the 3rd season of Hannibal. ded ded ded

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/14/2015, 1:00 pm

^ yessssssssssss! "thorin oakenshield" ( Razz  ) landing a killer role (pun fully intended) on a critically acclaimed tv show is enough incentive for this old fan to watch something i probably wouldn't have the stomach for. i usually love horror and anything dark as long as it doesn't involve cutting up live humans (don't care about dead ones). i hope there's nothing in this show that cuts up people while they are alive and screaming. it's just a stomach thing. I have a lot of tolerance for blood and gore but little for extreme physical torture because somehow i can "feel" it myself when it gets too much.

the kind of horror movie i hate to watch is HOSTEL. it's really disgusting! i actually watched 2, but will never another.

so Hannibal fans, please tell me Hannibal is nothing like Hostel, otherwise i may have to keep a bucket next to my seat when the show goes on. oh, i also need to convince someone else to watch it w/ me. hubby is a total softie so i am not sure if this would work for him. i have trouble watching anything horror on my own these days. ok if my cat can cuddle w/ me throughout the show maybe that will be an acceptable substitution.

i loved silence of the lambs but couldn't bear to watch it twice. the movie gave me nightmares for quite awhile and i avoided watching all the movie sequels. i know Hannibal is a very good TV show, and many of you here are fans. i just needed a good straw to break the elephant's back, and i guess Richard Armitage is my final straw! Razz

Last edited by fantastica on 1/14/2015, 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/14/2015, 1:03 pm

so, among my two celebrity faves, Richard Armitage is going to play a psycho serial killer. when will Chris Colfer? Smile  ok as long as he plays one before i die i would be happy. i can totally see him doing pyscho serials- but hopefully not a saddest who enjoys cutting people alive.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/14/2015, 3:17 pm

it's pretty gory to tell you the truth but also incredibly visually stylized as well. maybe you should watch a few episodes to check it out. imo, it's the best show on tv right now. i just love it.

the pilot

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/15/2015, 1:53 pm

Since Hannibal is on broadcast TV. in other words it cannot be as disgusting as R rated horror movies. am I right?

I watched the first episode and don't think it's more bloody than most tv crime dramas. i will give it a further shot. thanks Ivana.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/15/2015, 2:03 pm

ok i just finished Prison Break season 2. 2 more seasons to go. this show is too intense for mommy. she says her heart beats irregularly since she started watching the show. plot twists are a matter of fact. someone is always in mortal danger. there's hardly any "break". however, after 2 seasons the never-ending fast paced high intensity, i just want the "good" characters to take a long break and enjoy their lives and free from any enemy pursuits. i think 4 seasons are too long. don't get me wrong. it's a great show but having to manufacture so many twists and turns for 22 episodes per season is very tiring. as an audience i almost want to just surrender so i can take a deep breath and relax. then i accidentally read the finale spoiler and boy, was I pissed!

i've heard that when this show aired in China whole streets were empty. now i know why. it's one of my faves.

i will dive into Hannibal as soon as i finish this series.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/3/2015, 1:08 pm

Forgot to mention I finished AHS:Freak Show about a week ago, and I agree this season was weak, but not as much as Coven. Still though, as happen with Ryan's works, as seasons go, the spark is not there anymore. And I don't know if I'm speaking from a fan point of view, but for me the only refreshing thing of this season was Dandy and his insanity. For me he was a complex character, whose story was well developed. But when it comes to the other stories, I feel that everything was rushed up, and didn't see the point to bring NPH character when the series was ending, yeah he was involved with the twins and killed a character I hated, but what else? As for Elsa, she wasn't so much different from Jessica Lange previous character, was practically the same for me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/3/2015, 1:35 pm

^ they play different characters but most of them are actually very similar to each other. i agree w what you said about this season. i think it's actually the weakest - at least i felt very lost half way through the season. i was binge watching. if i had to watch on a weekly basis i definitely wouldn't be able to keep up.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/5/2015, 1:24 am

fantastica wrote:^ they play different characters but most of them are actually very similar to each other. i agree w what you said about this season. i think it's actually the weakest - at least i felt very lost half way through the season. i was binge watching. if i had to watch on a weekly basis i definitely wouldn't be able to keep up.

There was a point I was watching only because of Dandy. And I know Elsa was the lead role, but honestly, her story bored me. I simply didn't connect with her.

Don't know what to expect in season 5.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2015, 6:08 pm

I am in the midst of watching Spartacus. boy was it bloody! just watched a guy's face gets chopped in half. brain mush are oozing out of its shell. if you ignore all the blood and gore, i would say it's a very good series, but it takes a strong stomach to deal with massive slaughters that go on every minute or two.

lots of nudity - both from male and female. it seems that anybody who signed onto the show must be willing to bare it all. i don't mind that, consider that nudity is freely depicted in the arts of the period, and underwear has not been invented at that time.

i was saddened to learn that the lead from the first season died from cancer shortly after. the rest of the seasons were lead by another guy. I prefer the first one. i wasn't too impressed by his less than perfect looks at the first sighting, but he portrayed the man of flesh and soul with such finesse the audience can really root for him. knowing the historical man's fate i would hate to see the end of the season, but with the new lead i felt a little bit less sympathy. to be fair the new guys isn't bad, just a bit boring - a bit too heroic and action-movie-starish.

i was surprised to discover that Lucy Lawless played a major character there. i knew she looked familiar but couldn't pin point it. she is great in it, and boy did she look good for her age!

Manu bennett - thought he looked familiar too but he was totally wasted in the Hobbit. most actors are wasted in the hobbit.

still in season 3 (the real second season if you don't count the prequel). it's a gut-wrenching series, literally, and visually. but then, ancient people were very barbaric and brutal. they invented torture and crucification and gladiator fights. they enslave fellow humans and treat them like live stocks. aside from the fighting choreography that's designed to entertain the modern audience, none of the depicted gruesomeness and brutality are exaggerated. i am just glad that i wasn't born in those times.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/24/2015, 2:19 pm

My recomend :

Jane the Virgin - an american remake of a venezuelan telenovela. It's a comedy, drama, hysterical, heartwarming, fun, suspenseful, ridicules but in the best way, has a really greta and fun narrator, ....

Basically, Jane is 23 year old virgin that made a promise to her grandma (after her own mother become preggers at 16) that she would wait for marriage. She is studying to be a teacher and is dating Micheal for 2 years (he is a detective). During a routine pap smear, she gets accidentally inseminated (the doctor, Luisa, found out the night before that her wife cheated on her and was distracted that morning) and instead of inseminating her sister-in-law with her brothers sperm (Rafael is a former playboy, owns a hotel and had testicular cancer so that is his only seamen sample). You can imagine the chaos that ensues, as it's relieved that Jane use to have a crush on Rafael, that his and his wife's marriage is falling apart and that their hotel is connected to a massive drug dealer named Sin Rostro, who the police has been trying to identify and capture for years.

If you liked Ugly Betty and a crazy telenovela that both has all the tropes and yet openly makes fun of them, it's your show.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2015, 1:33 pm

Yes, I admit I watch EMPIRE.  It's like crack to me, and Cookie is such a colorful character.

I  would love for Amber Riley (as rumored) to get a role on this show.

It's numbers are insane, this weeks Neilsen ratings are 5.7.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/5/2015, 1:36 pm

i thought it wasn't just a rumor? it's already confirmed by her? i thought it read it here awhile ago.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2015, 2:06 pm

fantastica wrote:i thought it wasn't just a rumor? it's already confirmed by her? i thought it read it here awhile ago.

Amber went to the Empire premiere and I believe is friends with some of the EMPIRE PTB, but as far as I know, it's just rumors for now.  Her manager said she has "upcoming projects" pending, so we'll see.  Seriously, a show like EMPIRE would be perfect for Amber, most actors don't have the pipes to sing realistically and Amber with good material, she's really improved as an actress IMO.

If anyone has any more recent news...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/5/2015, 8:41 pm

Buenos wrote:
Yes, I admit I watch EMPIRE.  It's like crack to me, and Cookie is such a colorful character.

I  would love for Amber Riley (as rumored) to get a role on this show.

It's numbers are insane, this weeks Neilsen ratings are 5.7.
no shame in it sister, i watch it as well. it's like a really well produced and very expensive soap opera or even telenovela almost, reminds me of La Madrastra (The Stepmother) from 7-8 years ago, only lot less mistery and crying. and the ratings are insane, it jumped like whole 2.0 points from the premier, which like never happens.

as for amber, she is maybe in season 2, as season one is only 13 episodes and is almost over
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/5/2015, 10:42 pm

@Tanita, you got me in "La Madrastra" Smile, so please what is Empire about?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/6/2015, 3:58 pm

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 25 @Empire_S1_Keyart_vertical_R10_simp

Lucius Lyon is a rap legend and founder of Empire, a mayor musical label, that is about to go public on the stock market. He finds out that he is suffering from ALS and has just a few years to live and needs to leave Empire in the hands of the right heir. Lucius has 3 sons, the oldest is businessman  but has no musical talents and is married to a white girl which is why he isn't a direct choice, the middle one is an incredibly talented r'n'b singer and songwriter but he is gay and his father least favorite, and the youngest is a promising rapper who is spoiled and has huge mommy issues. Now, Cookie is Lyon's ex wife who has been in prison for the last 17 years. In order to help him make it, she got involved with gangster and drugs and got caught and sentenced to 20 years in jail. The thing that no one knows is that the money that started Empire was 400,000 $ of cookie's drug money and if it was known the company would implode. So when she gets out of jail, she wants half of the company which she won't get so she sticks around to make Lucious life hell by favoring their middle son, while Lucius favors the youngest. Thus starts the battle for the top. There are a few more plotlines and characters, but this is the jist of it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/6/2015, 7:04 pm

First look at Melissa as Super Girl. I'm kind of unimpressed, it's not awful but not OMG great either.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 25 SUPERGIRL-First-Look-Image-Full-Body TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 25 SUPERGIRL-First-Look-Image-Headshot1
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/6/2015, 7:14 pm

well, it doesn't say anything really. i am neither impressed nor unimpressed. i am just impression-free. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/6/2015, 7:29 pm

at least they didn't make it slutty. would have preferred a pair of leather pants/tights instead of the skirt, but you can't have everything.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next