Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

+15
Buenos
sheny
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
TimF
ColferInspired
YaoiChick
AnneNeville
ladydianab
Divalicious
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 4/24/2014, 4:04 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Did not watch either, Glee comes on 2 hours later after it first airs where I live and tumblr showed me what a bore Glee would be so I did not watch, and the songs had me snoring anyways, so yeah, not impressed at all. Glee used to be so great now everything is stale. And how sad, an whole episode dedicated to glees main 'Star' got the second lowest ratings AND album sales, smh I a embarrassed tbh, especially since Ryan wants to revive Funny Girl yet no one had interest to watch his mini tv episode of Rachel's big break!

I will be downloading this episode, but I now realise that the gay bar scene is the only best scene in the episode along with Kurt and Santana.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 4/24/2014, 10:27 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Did not watch either, Glee comes on 2 hours later after it first airs where I live and tumblr showed me what a bore Glee would be so I did not watch, and the songs had me snoring anyways, so yeah, not impressed at all. Glee used to be so great now everything is stale. And how sad, an whole episode dedicated to glees main 'Star' got the second lowest ratings AND album sales, smh I a embarrassed tbh, especially since Ryan wants to revive Funny Girl yet no one had interest to watch his mini tv episode of Rachel's big break!

That really speaks volumes about just how degregated Glee has become. This should have gotten at least a small bump in the ratings, but it actually is down from the past few weeks. I'm not surprised about the poor album sales either. Broadway songs don't tend to sell nearly as well as current pop songs and I'm sure that the overload of Lea turned off a lot of fans. My mother started watching the ep and turned it off less than halfway through because she was bored with it. That really says it all.

I wouldn't put money down on Funny Girl ever making it to Broadway (or any other medium) under Ryan Murphy. Or Lea getting to play the part any time soon. I don't think there's any real appitite for it (as the pervious attempt to bring the show to Broadway fell though rather spectacularly) and this episode really showed that as talented as Lea is, she is the poor man's Barbra clone and not strong enough to make this part her own.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2014, 12:39 pm

Considering the Broadway musical should have been the pinnacle of Rachels and therefore Glee's triumph, the audience should still be reeling from satisfaction and happiness. The ratings should have been amazing.

As the reaction is very limited, or even worse, actually very negative as everyone knew the success was without any struggle and way too early in the overall SL, it is suffice to say Glee once again failed.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2014, 4:09 pm

For those who has more knowledge in Broadway or theater business, usually it takes almost a year to have a play on  stage? I'm asking this because considering Glee timeline, Rachel was rehearsing from 2013 to now 2014.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/24/2014, 4:23 pm

brisallie wrote:For those who has more knowledge in Broadway or theater business, usually it takes almost a year to have a play on  stage? I'm asking this because considering Glee timeline, Rachel was rehearsing from 2013 to now 2014.

Depends. For revivals like FG, it doesn't. It's a known property and generally wouldn't take more than a few months from start to finish (including auditions and hiring the cast). For brand new shows coming out of workshop, the process can be a year or more. Revivals generally get staged pretty quickly and don't always need out of town runs as part of their development.

Nothing about the FG storyline made sense. They had the theater reserved all the way back at the auditions, which meant that they were paying rent for a year on an empty theater with no audience filling the seats (which means no money coming in). According to guild rules, there is only a set period where cast can be paid rehersal-level salary before the show is required to pay them full salary so Rachels would have been earning something along the lines of $5-6 grand a week for months before the show actually opened. Which means that the show would need months to make back its investment, going by this timeline.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2014, 10:11 pm

Thanks for that explanation. And yes, Funny doesn't make sense at all in Gleeland.

As regards the episode itself, I've realized that I enjoyed single moments such as Santana and her comeback, some of Sue' bitchy comments, Tina was bearable this time, Kurt being hot in the bar. But beyond this, and though I've read only good comments about this episode, I bet they're hardcore fans, I didn't feel anything. As if I don't care.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/24/2014, 11:01 pm

brisallie wrote:For those who has more knowledge in Broadway or theater business, usually it takes almost a year to have a play on  stage? I'm asking this because considering Glee timeline, Rachel was rehearsing from 2013 to now 2014.

It's usually under two months of rehearsal and then four to six weeks of previews, during which there are performances with paying audiences on evenings and weekends, and half days of rehearsals as needed.

Sometimes there will be out of town trials, but nowadays those usually happen before the show has been picked by producers for the Broadway run. Often they are recast or revised before coming to Broadway.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/25/2014, 3:47 am

There's a lot wrong with the way Glee portrayed the production of a musical like 'Funny Girl'. Like @Ranwing and @AnneNeville said: there's no way they would be in the rehearsal and try-out stage for almost a year.

RIB wanted a time jump in Glee but didn't want to deal with the consequences in canon/writing, and that's why some of the storylines basically continued in January 2014 where they were left hanging in May 2013.
I mean: are we really supposed to believe that Santana and Brittany were clubbing in Lesbos and Hawaii for 7-8 months?  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/25/2014, 6:19 am

The vacation was even longer than 8 months. According to the calendar that was hanging in the loft Rachel's opening night was on April 24th 2014. 

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n4gpx4g5qT1rv1f4oo1_500
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n4gpx4g5qT1rv1f4oo2_1280

Emma gave birth the same night and we know she got pregnant a few weeks before graduation, so she was pregnant for almost 11 months.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/25/2014, 7:32 am

banzai LOL. Only on Glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/25/2014, 7:36 am

sheny wrote:The vacation was even longer than 8 months. According to the calendar that was hanging in the loft Rachel's opening night was on April 24th 2014. 

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n4gpx4g5qT1rv1f4oo1_500
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n4gpx4g5qT1rv1f4oo2_1280

Emma gave birth the same night and we know she got pregnant a few weeks before graduation, so she was pregnant for almost 11 months.

Will, should have called the Guiness Book of Records.  Rolling Eyes

Poor Emma to have carried it for that long.

This show is just dumb.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/25/2014, 8:09 am

sheny wrote:Emma gave birth the same night and we know she got pregnant a few weeks before graduation, so she was pregnant for almost 11 months.
Well, since Emma went through 3 menstruation cycles in 1 week before she got pregnant I'm not surprised at all.    moque 

Oh Glee.  beam
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/25/2014, 11:09 am

sheny wrote:The vacation was even longer than 8 months. According to the calendar that was hanging in the loft Rachel's opening night was on April 24th 2014. 

Rolling Eyes 

So Kurt's second year at NYADA is almost ending right?
Spoiler:
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/25/2014, 12:47 pm

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/25/2014, 5:22 pm

Thanks for your answer girls.

Razz Oh Glee you level of incoherence astonishes me. I'm sorry but I can't avoid laughing after realizing how in Glee world timeline works at its own time. I think they should had been more intelligent and not to put that calendar, do they believe people don't notice those details?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/26/2014, 11:21 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks  Smile 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5