Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
Buenos
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
sheny
Lottie2303
Ranwing
opals
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 21

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville 11/29/2013, 2:37 pm

Ratings are lower! Series low: 0.9!

ETA: I wonder if it will bounce back to the 1.4 level next week and after the hiatus. I am thinking not. After all, the next episode isn't even being advertised as part of this canon year.

I think that by spring the show will be in the 1.0-1.2 range.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 11/29/2013, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 11/29/2013, 2:41 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:There was a time Sue wore feminine clothing and long hair, wow

Btw what's the background music? Sounds familiar
If you mean the scene with Sue and Figgins in the 80's the music was A-Ha's Take On Me (high on my wish list of Kurt solos, btw) and then of course the Carmina Burana, which they used for Sue's tantrums before.

Thanks Marie. And I was referring to Carmina Burana, but I also appreciate you told me the name of the other song Smile

As regards this episode, I've read some gleeks thinks this episode was irreverent of the old episodes, and reminded them why they fell in love with Glee. It could be, but somehow the old episodes made sense, this one was like Dynamic Duets, but even more ridiculous.

@AnneNeville, that's very low. But I guess they will blame Thanksgiving.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/29/2013, 2:44 pm

re: rating low - well it's thanksgiving so most people are enjoy their family time w/o having to deal w/ the indigestion of glee.

so, based on what you guys have said (i didn't watch the episode at all; was out til late) Elliot and Adam are much much better characters than blaine. yet they force kurt to be married technically to blaine. this is so sickening!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/29/2013, 2:46 pm

Except there were five re-runs on other channels that still did better than Glee in the same time slots, lol Smile .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/29/2013, 2:47 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:America's Gay Sweetheart?  Blaine?  vomir
Yup, and in this same episode Sue called Kurt a sassy, toothless elf. Fun! dryy 
Was that an actual line in the show? mince 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/29/2013, 2:50 pm

Talking about Lady Gaga and Muppets: Lady Gaga and Joseph Gordon-Levitt...and what do you know BICO!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/29/2013, 2:55 pm

angelnessa wrote:
Except there were five re-runs on other channels that still did better than Glee in the same time slots, lol Smile .
Oops..so what excuse will they give now?

valkeakuulas wrote:Talking about Lady Gaga and Muppets: Lady Gaga and Joseph Gordon-Levitt...and what do you know BICO!
Love it wub  both sung well together, and personally I've a weakness for JGL Smile

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/29/2013, 2:59 pm

I know, he's easy to like, and personally for me easy on the eye. Wink 

They are neither perfect in BICO, but it's live and I like that they turned the song assigned gender roles around.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/29/2013, 3:12 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Ratings are lower! Series low: 0.9!
schockeed
2.8 million viewers.

well, serves them right.

angelnessa wrote:
Oops, lol. moque 

valkeakuulas wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Yup, and in this same episode Sue called Kurt a sassy, toothless elf. Fun! dryy 
Yes, when Sue needed another make-over she called Unique into her office and said she normally would ring up her "...best gays, but unfortunately Porcelain, the sassy, toothless elf is in New York."

That "toothless" really bothers me, as this one of the main and meanest words the 'fandom' uses to degrade and insult Kurt and Chris.
It's on the same level as calling Brody a "donkey face". :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/29/2013, 3:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Yup, and in this same episode Sue called Kurt a sassy, toothless elf. Fun! dryy 
Yes, when Sue needed another make-over she called Unique into her office and said she normally would ring up her "...best gays, but unfortunately Porcelain, the sassy, toothless elf is in New York."

That "toothless" really bothers me, as this one of the main and meanest words the 'fandom' uses to degrade and insult Kurt and Chris.
It's on the same level as calling Brody a "donkey face". :angry:
Yes, the meanest things, that even Kurt/Chris haters hardly resort to.

It's little things like this, little actor related stuff that gets thrown in the show, makes me wonder if they truly don't like their actors. At least the ones that have been with the show longer. I'm sorry to say but the newbies have either been in too short time or they are just so pre-Hollywood-approved, that they don't have any of these "personal traits and features" the writers can make fun of.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/29/2013, 3:29 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:...I'm sorry to say but the newbies have either been in too short time or they are just so pre-Hollywood-approved, that they don't have any of these "personal traits and features" the writers can make fun of.
True. Still I remember when in a episode Sue had no idea how to make fun of Marley. And personally, besides Unique, I haven't seen the other receiving nicknames. And as much as I dislike Chris is call 'toothless', as you said, he already has personal traits and features to make fun of it. Like Rachel and her nose/height.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/29/2013, 3:35 pm

Most of the newbies are more typical Hollywood types. I suppose Becca could be made fun of, actually, because she is a bit more round-faced and big-featured (in a very pretty way) than her type. However, it seems like the newbies haven't ticked off the writers--or become interesting enough to mock--yet.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/29/2013, 3:53 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Most of the newbies are more typical Hollywood types. I suppose Becca could be made fun of, actually, because she is a bit more round-faced and big-featured (in a very pretty way) than her type. However, it seems like the newbies haven't ticked off the writers--or become interesting enough to mock--yet.
I think this is the case too.

Nobody looks perfect, so there's always something to find you can mock. Marley's doe eyes and pout lips, Kitty's round face and a bit slant eyes, Jake's prominent chin and curly hair, Ryder's butt chin and teeth, etc.
But the only one of the noobs who's getting ridiculed so far is Unique, and ridiculing her even goes into racist territory.

I'm really pissed by this episode. Not so much because it was utter crap (although it was), and even not so much because Kurt's fiance is even creepier and narcistic than already known, but because the writers clearly take us as fools to be mocked. :angry: 

This was pure meta and payback time.
They took all our legitimate complains and fears and put them on screen, in canon even. And they are planning to do absolutely nothing about their awful writing.

It's as if they're saying "Fuck you" to the fandoms (except Blaine's, or maybe the "fuck you" to them is more hidden in too much praise).
And soon they will piss off so many non-GA viewers that their ratings will be at 0.9 constantly. But I don't think they care anymore, at least not RIB (though Fox might).

RIB are as immature, narcistic, controlling, needy, egocentric, creepy assholes as their hero Blaine is. Bah.
vomir
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/29/2013, 3:56 pm

For those who can't stomach the rest (wish I was that wise): New York Edit. coool
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/29/2013, 4:15 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I would like to go on certain forum to see the reactions, but they have locked the subforum so no-one can lurk anymore. dryy 

Which shows they don't want anyone criticising there precious cupcake Blaine.

I believe you are right.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/29/2013, 4:16 pm

^ thanx dear that's all i need to watch!

was rachel flirting w/ elliot during the fox singing? i wouldn't be surprised if they decide to pair the 2 up. rachel always has a guy, and elliot's sexuality is never stated. ok i wouldn't mind if the NY folks have an orgy together...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/29/2013, 4:33 pm

^I second that. An orgy with all adorable and sexy people of Pamela Lansbury: that's all I want for Christmas. Smile 

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/29/2013, 5:09 pm

Glorfindel wrote:But the only one of the noobs who's getting ridiculed so far is Unique, and ridiculing her even goes into racist territory.
Not only racist territory, but also sexual. I've read jokes about Unique/Wade seeing himself as a girl.

And I know Demi's contract is only for six episodes, but what about Adam?

I've forgotten to say how much I love Into the Groove Smile Kurt was simply one of those performes who got the attention of the audition easily, because of its charisma, moves, singing, so on. And Adam was good too. Love him.

The only critics I've read about this, it comes from Demi's fans, who believe she shouldn't have been in the background.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/29/2013, 5:52 pm

I guess Demi was sick during the filming of "Into the Groove" which makes sense since they didn't even show her.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/29/2013, 5:54 pm

Of all the totally shitty things that Blaine did this episode (and man, is there a laundry list), not calling Kurt to tell him that he wasn't coming to his show was probably the shittiest. It was just such a cowardly, chicken shit move. Sure, he had a good reason for not attending (detention, although I'm not going to let him off the hook for the creepy actions that lead to his detention), but not calling Kurt to tell him himself and waiting for Kurt to call him was so cowardly. He really doesn't like to deal with people when they aren't kissing his ass and after Kurt was so good to him in the last episode, Kurt deserves a lot more consideration.

But then... when has anything that was important to Kurt really been important to Blaine? Kurt gets excited about his NYADA audition and Blaine responds by withdrawing emotionally and physically. Kurt gets a fantastic opportunity with Vogue? Blaine doesn't want to allow him any time to gush over it and responds to Kurt's new time responsibilities by cheating on him. Kurt finally gets into NYADA and Blaine can't even bother to just congratulate him on his achievement. He just wants to know if Kurt would be bothered if Blaine applied there. Kurt has his first professional gig and Blaine doesn't even have the basic courtesy to let Kurt know that he got stuck in Lima and wasn't going to be there. Again, it's not even the fact that Blaine didn't go that angers me so much, but the fact that he wasn't going to call Kurt to tell him that he wasn't there. Kurt would have walked out onto that stage, expecting to see Blaine in the front row and there would be an empty seat.

It's really telling that Blaine's hallucinations were about what he really wanted. All of ND basically kissing his ass and telling him how amazing he is, a fiancé who existed only for his gratification and basically having the whole world revolving around him. It's such a childish perspective of the world and I'm clinging to the hope that Kurt is finally going to reach the fed up point, realize that he deserves a man and not a spoiled little boy and kick Blaine's self-involved ass to the curb.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 11/29/2013, 6:11 pm

Lately I've found it more interesting to go on line and look at people's reactions to the show than the actual show.  I know it was Thanksgiving, and that is likely a factor, but there are so very few posts on this episode, people really do seem bored.

Positives:

Sue's new look, but as always, it is someone else's make over that takes, not the one Kurt and Mercedes did.  Well, maybe she goes back to the track suits after this.  Everyone follows in Kurt's footsteps, but don't seem to manage it with the panache he has.

NY was cute, it does seem that Rachel finds it a prerequisite to flirt with anyone she is singing with that is male and not Kurt.  She already oiled up Sam last week, writers, please leave Adam for Kurt or someone else.  Sexy and confident Kurt, yes, more please.

Mr. Schue, while a horrible teacher, is an excellent performer, with a wonderful rich voice, and Matt is utterly wasted.

Puckerman lite is not highly interesting, but he is an excellent performer.  He needs to be paired with someone of similar talent levels.  But we didn't get that for Kurt, so why should Jake get that.

Negatives:

Rehashing done before and done better storylines.

Blaine's meta storyline.  If they actually deal with his juvenile attitude, fine, but if his behavior is accepted and he continues to be the one and only for Kurt, not liking this at all.  Kurt deserves a man, not a boy child that seems uninterested in growing up.

Nothing else seems to stick out to me right now, other than my annoyance, and love of Kurt in skinny pants.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  murasaki1 11/29/2013, 6:29 pm

I wasn't able to watch it last night, but I recorded it and watched it earlier this morning. This episode was so creepy, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cringe. saispa Too much McKinley and not enough New York. I could care less about the stupid Jake/Marley/Bree triangle. How many "fake pregnancies" has Glee had now? It was creepy enough that Blaine made puppets of everyone, but to actually send them as a "gift" to Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Elliot, and Dani? Very odd. Oh heaven forbid the focus isn't on you for 2 seconds, Blaine. Blaine needs to grow up. dryy  I'm sorry for being so negative, it's just that I stick around for Kurt, Rachel, and Santana and this show keeps showing less and less of them. On a more positive note, "In to the Groove" was amazing, Chris and Adam's voices are fantastic together. hapitgh

murasaki1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/29/2013, 7:03 pm

i see that this clusterfuck of an episode got what it deserved. a 0.9 rating. under 3 million people. ptdr ptdr ptdr 

kolce kolce kolce 

chris was the boss, adam lambert continues to have a really great presence on the show (no attempt to push his as the "big guest star" and he does some nice facial reaction shots. miles better then on pretty little liars). new york ruled and nothing else matters.

blaine is now CANONICALLY A COMPLETE AND UTTER CREEP. no backtracking and pretending it didn't happen. we have video and audio.

jane lynch still slays everything in her path, bad storyline or not.

when he isn't trying to act, jacob artist can be on my screen all the time. officially the best body on the show and those moves ... miamiam 

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/29/2013, 7:35 pm

ooo Ivana, i see you are about to eat somebody... Razz  don't forget to lick your chops when done.

i don't think glee has hit the bottom line yet. watch for new series lows later this season. you never know.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/29/2013, 7:42 pm

Well, on a shallow note, it looks like the Glee costumers are in competition to see how tight they can get Chris's pants and not completely cut off circulation to his feet. The russet pants he was wearing in the beginning were so snug that not a whole lot was left to the imagination. Admittedly, I had to remind myself to look up from his crotch area because it looked like he was pretty happy to see Adam.

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mx1os552wA1qgrxsfo1_250
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next