Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 13 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/23/2013, 3:30 pm

sheny wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ They were a few gay people actually who didn't feel properly represented because of Kurt as he is too gay. But to be fair, I sometimes got the feeling they confused Kurt's storyline with Rachel or Blaine. My favorite comment, Kurt gets everything and never loses (yes, they really were talking about Kurt). I got the impression they wanted to hate him just for the sake of it. Also some Blarren fans who were pissed thst Blaine only exists to worship Kurt (which is partly true but still is done with dubious storylines).
What?blinkk They probably meant Kurt NEVER gets anything and ALWAYS loses. Are we and those people watching the same show? Evil or Very Mad
Maybe they are somehow watching an alternate universe version of  Glee. Because  in this universe Kurt always  loses.Twisted Evil Mad
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 13 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 3:31 pm

sheny wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ They were a few gay people actually who didn't feel properly represented because of Kurt as he is too gay. But to be fair, I sometimes got the feeling they confused Kurt's storyline with Rachel or Blaine. My favorite comment, Kurt gets everything and never loses (yes, they really were talking about Kurt). I got the impression they wanted to hate him just for the sake of it. Also some Blarren fans who were pissed thst Blaine only exists to worship Kurt (which is partly true but still is done with dubious storylines).
What?blinkk They probably meant Kurt NEVER gets anything and ALWAYS loses. Are we and those people watching the same show? Evil or Very Mad
In Season 5 Kurt got Vogue success, got into NYADA and bested RAchel in the Diva off.   So I don't agree that Kurt NEVER gets anything ALWAYS loses. That was season 3.  

However the problem is he had vevery little to do in S4 and had limited screen time.
So those who don't like Kurt are going to harp on what little storyline and screentime he got.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/23/2013, 3:37 pm

Buenos wrote:
sheny wrote:
In Season 5 Kurt got Vogue success, got into NYADA and bested RAchel in the Diva off.   So I don't agree that Kurt NEVER gets anything ALWAYS loses. That was season 3.  

However the problem is he had vevery little to do in S4 and had limited  screen time.
So those who don't like Kurt are going to harp on what little storyline and screentime he got.
Agreed. He had a mix of wins and losses in season four. Two major losses (Blaine's cheating ass and Burt's cancer scare) and a few wins (Adam, NYADA, Midnight Madness and Vogue). Also, would the fact that he started off the season as a "Lima Loser" count as a loss? But then he moved to NYC right after, so....

I loved it so much, especially his adorable interactions with SJP's character, but Vogue was highly unrealistic as a victory.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/23/2013, 3:39 pm

^ From an outsider perspective, Kurt has successes in S4 and his story is also primary to follow compared to the majority of the cast. For the GA, I can see the confusion even though it is not fair. Also from an outsider perspective, you'd never expect so many loses in S3. I predict some part of the GA simply forgot that Kurt was the punching bag of S3.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/23/2013, 3:42 pm

Buenos wrote:
sheny wrote:

However the problem is he had vevery little to do in S4 and had limited  screen time.
Good points  about Kurt's season 4 successes ,but if they want to talk about someone who always  wins and never loses Blaine should be mentioned. He is someone who never loses. I hope in season 5  Blaine will suffer at least one major lost.Don't care what it is long as he will suffer at least one major lost on his own, not part of New Directions.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/23/2013, 3:43 pm

Buenos wrote:
sheny wrote:

It depends when they stopped watching Glee. Kurt barely had storylines and songs last season I doubt those people quit Glee during S4 beacuse of him. You are right about his accomplishments last year but he also lost a lot. The guy he loved cheated on him and his father had cancer.

Last edited by sheny on 9/23/2013, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/23/2013, 3:45 pm

sheny wrote:
Buenos wrote:
sheny wrote:

It depends when they stopped watching Glee. Kurt barely had storylines and songs last season I doubt those people quit Glee during S4 beacuse of him. You are right about his accomplishments last year but even then he lost a lot. The guy he loved cheated on him and his father had cancer.
True. Kurt may have won some things in season 4,but he always did lose a lot too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/23/2013, 4:01 pm

everybody has haters. just as most of us wants to stop watching because of blaine and the dumb lima, there are those who just don't like kurt or chris. prejudice, both homophobic and internalized and well as effemenophobia, not to mention, those who are shalow and just don't like the way he looks, or don't like chris's acting or just plain don't like either him or kurt as a character. god knows there are a lot of characters in numerous shows that i can't stand for one reason or another. i wouldn't take it personally or as particular kurt/chris hate. i don't think there has ever been a character/actor/actress in any show that was universally 100 % liked.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/23/2013, 4:25 pm

if you go to any fandom, you will discover that some people will never like somebody. the dislike/hatred may be totally visceral. hay, i feel the same toward certain people too. i really don't have any reasons for it, just like i viscerally love a few celebrities, chris being one of them.

i wouldn't worry about some haters here and there. chris has big enough of a fandom that supports and adores him. remember, you can NEVER please everyone.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/24/2013, 4:16 am

As weird as it sounds, it is also an indicator that Chris is one of the stars from the show. I don't believe many remember Jenna for instance. People recognize him and still know the name of the character. They don't have to like him, but he left an impression.

None of the bigger Glee stars has an even fanbase. Lea has a large fanbase, but also a large "hatebase". It is HW. Comments like that won't affect Chris future career. Chris has great connections, an reputation and he is clever enough to probably built on his post-Glee plans. We are just not aware of it yet neutre .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/24/2013, 6:12 am

It seems that Zach Woodley is not working for Glee anymore (which would explain why Lea unfollowed him) :

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 13 Tumblr_mtlyukAmrT1r4ezfzo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2013, 1:49 pm

he's with glee long enough. time to move on. good for him, but i like him a lot.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/24/2013, 1:55 pm

Kind of cold of Lea to just cut people that she's worked with for years just because they changed jobs. Makes me think a little less of her.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2013, 2:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:Kind of cold of Lea to just cut people that she's worked with for years just because they changed jobs. Makes me think a little less of her.
She actually cleaned out her twitter following and took out both people she still works with and those she doesn't.

Hard for me to judge others on such a trivial thing when we don't even know the reasons why.  If anything, I wonder how people have the time to follow more than a few people.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 9/24/2013, 2:18 pm

zach doesn't tweet really so it was a 'dead' follow anyway.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2013, 2:54 pm

it's up to people to follow or unfollow whoever they want. i have no idea what's on her mind. twitter is not for personal communications (there's always text and emails and phone calls) so since it's strictly for business/promotion i can totally see her having no use to follow people who are no longer relevant in her professional life.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/24/2013, 6:18 pm

Zach will be replaced by a choreographer from 'So You Think You Can Dance':

AX: Do you have any other projects going on now that we should know about?
MOORE: I actually just was booked to choreograph GLEE this year, so I will be the choreographer on GLEE with Brooke Lipton. She and I will be choreographing the entire season.

AX: Wow. How are you going to schedule this?
MOORE: Well, GLEE understood that I had some conflicts with SO YOU THINK, so they are allowing me in these first couple weeks to finish out my commitment with SO YOU THINK, and then I’ll head over to GLEE. And they take a hiatus during the tour, so that’ll work out with the timing.
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/24/2013, 6:56 pm

Considering how much choreography we saw last season, this could be a good thing (or a bad thing).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/24/2013, 7:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Zach will be replaced by a choreographer from 'So You Think You Can Dance':

AX: Do you have any other projects going on now that we should know about?
MOORE: I actually just was booked to choreograph GLEE this year, so I will be the choreographer on GLEE with Brooke Lipton. She and I will be choreographing the entire season.

AX: Wow. How are you going to schedule this?
MOORE: Well, GLEE understood that I had some conflicts with SO YOU THINK, so they are allowing me in these first couple weeks to finish out my commitment with SO YOU THINK, and then I’ll head over to GLEE. And they take a hiatus during the tour, so that’ll work out with the timing.
x
I agree that last season was practically ND jumping around on the stage while doing silly movements with the hands,feet and arms, what I don't think is bad if you try to be cute, but isn't good when you are constantly doing it. By other side, I love Zach  Smile and I'll miss his laughing and his signature gesture of crossing the arms.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2013, 9:20 pm

IN defense of Zach, once Glee decided to do 8-10 numbers per episode I can't blame him for phoning in some of the choreography. He had to in self defense. There simply wasn't enough time to rehearse and do innovative stuff.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2013, 6:34 am

^Plus they used to get at least a day to rehearse dances. Nowadays they get the choreography in the morning and film the dance in the afternoon.
No wonder the dancing was so subpar in season 4, even when they then hired some new cast members who are better dancers than some of the original cast.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 9/26/2013, 3:25 pm

TV Lines' writer wishes for Kurt this season:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 13 Kurt_w11

source

CAN WE GET AN AMEN!!!!
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/26/2013, 3:37 pm

amen! toss the bare foot hobbit. get himself a real man (w/ socks)! Smile  but no, he's in a show called "blee" so he's stuck.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/26/2013, 3:57 pm

Don't just talk about it here! Go over to TVLine and post comments under the article!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/26/2013, 4:00 pm

Preach TVLINE, preach!

The point of "Emmy nominated" strikes home as it just emphasizes the waste of Chris' talent to have Kurt have no character development other than pine for a HS boyfriend.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next