Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Glorfindel 8/28/2013, 8:03 am

sheny wrote:It's the same with almost all supernatural shows or tv shows in general. I watch The Vampire Diaries and the good looking bad guys are always getting away with killing innocent people and winning the girls after doing horrible things to them, their friends and families.
Just look at Buffy, when Angel and Spike got away with murder many times, even the murder of people close to Buffy.

We are lucky Glee is not that kind of show or people would be shipping Kurt with the guy who killed his mother or set his school on fire with the students still in it.
Ssshhhh, they still might do that.
(we don't know how Kurt's mom died after all) phr34r

Blaine is already getting away with sexual assault, cheating and creepy stalkerish behaviour because of his looks (not that his looks impress me much).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Divalicious 8/28/2013, 9:59 am

[quote="Lottie2303"]
ColferInspired wrote:
Kurt Hummel wrote:I saw that to if I am getting what you mean, as in Jennifer Blake?

Though was relieved they are keeping twins.
I find the twins so bland. Also, once again all the female antagonists get killed off, while the males ones get resurrected or redeemed. I am flabbergasted that everyone seems to forget that Peter killed Laura. It is like, it doesn't matter.

Glee also has very heavy undertones of misogyny and you can clearly see it is written by males and how they perceive females. Generally, I find it sad how hard it is to find great TV shows that treat males and females equally fairly.
I think they kept the twins for two reasons. Not counting their bods. To continue a gay relationship, thus keeping gosh, what is his name with the black hair, anyway, to give him a story, and to keep poor Stiles (he's my fave too) pining after Lydia. But at least he finally got kiss.

I didn't know about Oliver knowing someone working with TW? That gives me hope for him. Especially since this is only the first half of the season I think Peter still might not make it. Elizabeth finished the evil Druid story, so they can focus on Peter trying to steal True Alpha's power.

Sorry about continuing the off topic. All shows seem to be a bit mysoginistic, because they only seem to make women strong by being bitches. Guys, on the other hand, they seem to want to show the sensitive side. So women get their tough protector with a heart of gold, and the guys get their dream of a dominatrix. Unfortunately,while guys can admire strong guys with a dash of sensitivity, girls get annoyed that they can't show a.strong, sensible.woman who can still kick some ass without her being a pain in the ass. Looking at you Santana. I use her as a example because she said she was a bitch because she had to hide who she was and was unhappy, but even when she was in a relationship with Britt they still fell back on her bitchy lines.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/28/2013, 10:21 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Seriously, I cannot blame Matt Morrison, Dianna Agron, Jayma Mays, Amber Riley and Co for being happy to be off the show. I also bet some of the still regular cast members are counting the days. I'd do a lot to get an insight of the true makings of Glee. I bet it is worth a TV show itself with material for 5 seasons.
It had reached a point where for several of these actors, Glee was doing their careers more harm than good. They couldn't sign on to other projects because they had a comittment to the show, but the show was only using them sparingly. When you go from being in every episode to being in only a few for the season and you can't sign onto another project because you don't know when you're going to be required for filming, it's problematic. Especially for someone like Matt who is still the single most well-rounded talent on the show and started off as a primary lead. To be reduced to a guest star (which is what his appearances in season 4 amounted to) is pretty grating.

Chris, for now, has enough to keep him busy that he can tailor his schedule around his comittment to Glee. But he's already spoken about opportunities that he needed to pass up because of Glee and I'm torn between wanting him on the show so I can see him on a regular basis and not have to wait a year until a film project is released, or forking out big bucks to see him on stage. But I also don't want this sinking ship to take him down with it. Thankfully Chris has had enough independant success away from Glee that he can survive Glee's slow decline.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 10:30 am

The problem with HW is, there are just very few types of woman. It is either the nagging bitch who dates the guy, who should be dating the mousy main character. The strong, independent women who funnily exhibits male traits (physical strength, arrogance, isn't one of the girls etc) but also beauty. The insecure girl who believes she is ugly, but in actuality is a stunning beauty who is also shy ut intelligent (damn all those extroverted women. We are the devils!). Or the comedic best friend, who has no other characteristics. Men are allowed to be weak, selfish, arrogant, intelligent, dumb, vain, generous, friendly, ambitious, lazy, lucky, charismatic, socially awkward... Women are not given the same treatment, so many times they feel like cardboard copies, but not like human beings. It bothers me a lot!

Glee has the problem that the girls are actually the ambitious and intelligent ones, but they cannot be without boyfriends. Also the friendships are fickle and based on vain reasons. The boys however seem to succeed in live, even though they are presented as stupid and without any focus for future careers.

Stiles should finally figure out to be bisexual. Considering the show claims so much to be groundbreaking for homosexuality, I want MTV to be brave enough and make one of the main characters and fan favorites to be attracted to men as well. They added already so many clues, just go through with it.

The twins helped to kill Boyd and were very close to kill Isaac. I have zero understanding how Lydia can date one of the twins. i will also scream if Lydia/Stiles start dating, because he deserves better. I mean, right now, she rather dates a killer than her very attractive, funny and intelligent friend blinkk 

Oliver is friend with Daniel Sherman (Isaac). There are pictures partying with the TW cast (i.e. Holland Roden)
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 10:32 am

Ranwing wrote:It had reached a point where for several of these actors, Glee was doing their careers more harm than good. They couldn't sign on to other projects because they had a comittment to the show, but the show was only using them sparingly. When you go from being in every episode to being in only a few for the season and you can't sign onto another project because you don't know when you're going to be required for filming, it's problematic. Especially for someone like Matt who is still the single most well-rounded talent on the show and started off as a primary lead. To be reduced to a guest star (which is what his appearances in season 4 amounted to) is pretty grating.

Chris, for now, has enough to keep him busy that he can tailor his schedule around his comittment to Glee. But he's already spoken about opportunities that he needed to pass up because of Glee and I'm torn between wanting him on the show so I can see him on a regular basis and not have to wait a year until a film project is released, or forking out big bucks to see him on stage. But I also don't want this sinking ship to take him down with it. Thankfully Chris has had enough independant success away from Glee that he can survive Glee's slow decline.
Agreed, but it still shocks me how many well-established actors still happily sign up for Glee, even now. And all of them seem to express sincere excitement and how groundbreaking of a show Glee actually is. Sometimes I wonder if HW actually watches its shows, but only reads the PR sheets created by networks.

I really, really want to know the biopic Chris is attached too. i also want to know if and when the Asylum movie will be shot. I am so looking forward to that project.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 11:23 am

I don't watch Teen Wolf, is it too late to dip my toes in the water?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/28/2013, 11:31 am

Buenos wrote:I don't watch Teen Wolf, is it too late to dip my toes in the water?
Nah, I just did recently, and I'm only half way through te first season.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 11:33 am

Buenos wrote:I don't watch Teen Wolf, is it too late to dip my toes in the water?
No, despite my complaints, it is actually a very nice show. It is only in the third season so far (1 season = 12 episodes), with likable characters and good suspense. Overall, one of the stronger teen shows, even though it has obviously also some negative sides.

Overall, I just very confused why male character get away with murder (literally), while women are stoned just for standing up against men blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 11:33 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
I am sorry for spoiling you so heavily... I should have thought about that sifflou 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/28/2013, 11:48 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
I am sorry for spoiling you so heavily... I should have thought about that sifflou 
Please. I'm on tumblr. I'm already spoiled for like every show I've never seen.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/28/2013, 12:42 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

i will also scream if Lydia/Stiles start dating, because he deserves better. I mean, right now, she rather dates a killer than her very attractive, funny and intelligent friend blinkk 

The problem is more that it would be falling into the nice guy syndrome. Lydia was not interested in Stiles. The show should show a guy having respect for that and not show that if a guy hangs around long enough, she'll change her mind. Ugh. What is wrong with showing a M/F friendship for once?! And Stiles is my fave so I'm not saying that because I don't like him (and I like Lydia too) but I really, really don't like the undertones of any romance of those two.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/28/2013, 12:48 pm

At first I really liked the Stiles/Lydia idea, but I've moved on from it. I more now want it to be she discovers what she missed out on just when it's too late. Then settle into friendship. With her having occasional bouts of jealousy of what might have been. Stiles has kind of pined for Lydia for a couple of years, and her oblivious the entire time, I think it is his due. Smile 

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 12:55 pm

I'd love them to stay friends also and already got annyoed that they needed to kiss. I love them as friends. I also love the idea of growing up and falling out of love. Of course Lydia shouldn't date him, just because he wants, but I'll scream in case she'll ever get interested and they become a couple. But overall, I really want them to be friends.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/28/2013, 1:25 pm

I'm a Lydia/Peter Hale shipper. phr34r Twisted Evil ooppss 

The twins are atrocious actors, and while they have killer bods, their faces are also weird looking. I too don't get why is the show killing the female villains, when besides Peter Hale, non of the guys has anything to brag about.

Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 2:11 pm

^
Spoiler:

One thing, I am actually certain off, the Stiles/Sheriff relationship is totally inspired by Kurt/Burt. The similarities are just so obvious, it just cannot be a coincidence. Considering that Dylan O'Brien and Chris could be related, I find that kind of funny.

The twins are so bad at acting. I rolled my eyes the first time they talked. They are so wooden.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 5:13 pm

[quote="Ranwing"]
Lottie2303 wrote:

It had reached a point where for several of these actors, Glee was doing their careers more harm than good. They couldn't sign on to other projects because they had a comittment to the show, but the show was only using them sparingly. When you go from being in every episode to being in only a few for the season and you can't sign onto another project because you don't know when you're going to be required for filming, it's problematic. Especially for someone like Matt who is still the single most well-rounded talent on the show and started off as a primary lead. To be reduced to a guest star (which is what his appearances in season 4 amounted to) is pretty grating.
I think the jury is still out how much being off Glee is going to "help" Amber, Harry and Mark career wise. Amber's album seems to be on hold, Harry is coming out in some movie by a top director (Produced by Scorsese) but don't know how big his role is, and Mark , well I haven't heard much about him.

Matt Morrison I agree probably gets offers since he's so versatile, and Dianna has that big high profile movie coming out. Jayma will have her share of offers if her TV series doesn't fly.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/28/2013, 5:34 pm

Unquestionably, for some in the cast, Glee is going to be the high point of their acting careers. That's not unsual. If you're an actor, you're lucky to get one really great part, let alone have a long career afterwards. TV trivia is full of actors who thought that a hit show was a launching pad to a huge career and were never heard from again.

Matt is a special case, because he's not a kid and this is hardly his first rodeo. He had work before Glee and I don't doubt that he'll find work afterwards. Lea's foray into films might have been a huge flop, but she can easily return to Broadway and be a huge draw. Chris's profile is high enough that I can see him getting work after Glee and a long career if he's wise and picks the right projects. His writing career alone promises to be very lucrative for him. And as much as I really hate to admit it, Darren is an easy sell so he'll find commercially lucrative work after Glee. At least until the tweens and gay men with straight boy fantasies find a new favorite to fixate on. Cory had real promise and was getting work. Jane is Jane and she won't have any problems.

For a lot of the others, things are a lot less certain. Naya is trying to make a go of the music business, but her image she's picked of the sex kitten doesn't promise a long shelf life (and I was highly unimpressed by her leaked clip from her single - it's overprocessed crap that doesn't take advantage of her voice). Amber isn't a strong enough actor for major parts and really needs to be singing to be her ticket. There are several stage parts that can work for her and if she's smart, she'll focus in that direction. Jenna doesn't have Lea's high profile, but she grew up on the stage and very likely will return to Broadway after Glee. For most of the others, Glee might pretty much be it for them.

I think that Diana was smart in getting out when she did. She wasn't being utalized and she was getting offers for major projects. It might have left some sore feelings with RM (which is why I think she's excluded from the tribute episode) but she's got a fighting chance for a proper film career. I'm hoping that she makes it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 5:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:Lea's foray into films might have been a huge flop,
Lea has had one movie since Glee came out, "New Year's Eve" which was one of those ensemble gigs (she acted with Ashton Kutcher) with a bunch of people.  She hardly carried the movie.  The movie was panned by critics but with a budget of 56 million it grossed 142 million word wide  so I hardly think that film summarizes her  foray into movies  as some huge flop so far.  I'm sure she'll get a few offers, but other than another  ensemble where shooting is limited or during the summer,  it won't be until she's off Glee she'll be able to really work at a movie career, if that is what she wants to do.

Other than Broadway, other TV offers/series could be an option for her, as well as (formidable odds against her I grant you) a recording/concert career with her upcoming album. She's probably the biggest "name" among the younger Glee actors , evidenced by she's gotten some fairly big commercial endorsement deals.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/28/2013, 7:49 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Unbiased: Hummelberry! Yay!!! I love those two so much! Equal parts adorable and talented with just a hint of tension to keep things from being too sugary.

Biased for Kurt: Kurt/Marley! Awwww, lovely!

I am so pleased with the results. Smile 

Btw, those who got Kurt/Artie...what an interesting pair! How did you do it?
Unbaised, I got Kurt/Artie. Biased for Kurt, I get Kurt/Artie. If I bias the test for any character other than Kurt, I get Kurt + that character.

I don't know how I did it. I suspect I would have gotten Hummelberry except that I said that living outside the big city would be OK as long as there was an airport or train station near.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/28/2013, 7:49 pm

arina wrote:I don't know how I deserved Lauren with Tina, Lauren was like one of my least favorite characters on the show. crycry
I like Lauren. I want Lauren to be Kurt's roommate at Columbia University. That is my AU.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/28/2013, 7:53 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:I love Lea's headband look. I missed it at times last year.
I think the Rachel look is from last year's promo.
And so is Kurt's.

So for the new season 5 promo they use Hummelberry promotion material from early season 4, right at the start I might add (to keep that carrot dangling in front of our faces)..... and the rest of the promo is Darren talking about McKinley. Sleep sleepp blahh
They didn't even shoot new photos?

Cheeseparing, aren't we?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 7:55 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Unbiased: Hummelberry! Yay!!! I love those two so much! Equal parts adorable and talented with just a hint of tension to keep things from being too sugary.

Biased for Kurt: Kurt/Marley! Awwww, lovely!

I am so pleased with the results. Smile 

Btw, those who got Kurt/Artie...what an interesting pair! How did you do it?
Unbaised, I got Kurt/Artie. Biased for Kurt, I get Kurt/Artie. If I bias the test for any character other than Kurt, I get Kurt + that character.

I don't know how I did it. I suspect I would have gotten Hummelberry except that I said that living outside the big city would be OK as long as there was an airport or train station near.
Oooh....I wish I would have gotten Artie/Kurt.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/28/2013, 11:33 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
No, despite my complaints, it is actually a very nice show. It is only in the third season so far (1 season = 12 episodes), with likable characters and good suspense. Overall, one of the stronger teen shows, even though it has obviously also some negative sides.

Overall, I just very confused why male character get away with murder (literally), while women are stoned just for standing up against men blinkk 
Please, someone from her join the Lost Girl fandom. I'm all alone!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/29/2013, 12:03 am

Since we're talking about pairings, I was so bored that I started a Puckurt role play. Idk why! I don't even like the pairing! This hiatus is really getting to me. blinkk
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 4:14 am

Kurt Hummel wrote:Since we're talking about pairings, I was so bored that I started a Puckurt role play. Idk why! I don't even like the pairing! This hiatus is really getting to me. blinkk
I am sorry, but that cracked me up ptdr 

Puckturt is one of those ships I really need to give a go.... Even though I have very clear specifications that need to be met mrgreen 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next