Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris in the UK

+19
AnneNeville
dap1217
Jellyrolls
ladydianab
Ranwing
ColdFlame96
arina
valkeakuulas
MissSoniaPP
Glorfindel
sheny
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
Georgette888
brisallie
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
Delight
Buenos
23 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Empty Re: Chris in the UK

Post  valkeakuulas 6/20/2013, 7:02 am

I know all those houses superficially, but should I dwell into Potters just for Chris inorder to understand his mind better? Smile

Like the houses people claim they belong to. All I know is that the Slytherins are the "bad", cunning ones and the Gryffindors are the good guys. Hufflepuffs are the sweet and silly ones, but are the Ravenclaws the strong, fearless ones? Did any of them go right? This is a complete hear sayers mind set about the houses.

I feel I'm completely having a popular culture hole here but I don't know if I have time and energy to go through all those 2000+ pages of that saga!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/20/2013, 7:15 am

You are missing out a lot, but to be fair it is also part of the experience. I read those books from age 11-20. I started reading when the third book was just released and had to wait for each other one for years! It was a great experience and I am so happy I was part of it.

Ravenclaw are the intelligent and ambitious ones. But overall the houses are more complex then initially presented. Slythering doesn't mean automatically evil. Merlin for one was Slytherin. Gryffindor had cowards among them. You could write an essay about the houses and what they represent.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/20/2013, 8:24 am

Lottie2303 wrote:We could all offer to act as tour guides in our representive countries. He'd could travel around for almost no dime. I'd even offer him a place to stay uhuhu

But would you let him out of there. That is the question.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/20/2013, 8:33 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:We could all offer to act as tour guides in our representive countries. He'd could travel around for almost no dime. I'd even offer him a place to stay uhuhu

But would you let him out of there.  That is the question.

I wonder if Chris actually wants to be let out. That boy is so home in Europe, it isn't even funny. There are still so many places for him to see cvece
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/20/2013, 9:26 am

Jellyrolls wrote:But would you let him out of there.  That is the question.
I still have that basement .....  Twisted Evil
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/20/2013, 10:18 am

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mop0ltSlHo1qe476yo1_500
Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mop0ltSlHo1qe476yo2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/20/2013, 10:29 am

Wow.  That's crazy.  What is he going to do with all that junk wonderful stuff from fans?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/20/2013, 11:03 am

I expect what most of us would do: skim read the letters and have a tear or two over a few and a giggle over a few too, aww and say "How sweet" over the gifts, keep a few and give the rest away to a local charity. All good. Fans participate in the long and honourable tradition of gift-giving to a loved and respected figure and Chris feels the love.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/20/2013, 11:14 am

Georgette888 wrote:I expect what most of us would do: skim read the letters and have a tear or two over a few and a giggle over a few too, aww and say "How sweet" over the gifts, keep a few and give the rest away to a local charity. All good. Fans participate in the long and honourable tradition of gift-giving to a loved and respected figure and Chris feels the love.

Agree.

I know fans love to give gifts and letters to Chris, because is a way to express his fondness. But by other side, I don't want Chris turn into a hoarder.

I forgot to say that I had a fangirl moment when I see those pics of Chris in HP sets. It was like he was living my dream, and I kinda understood what he might have felt. I'm so glad (and envy).

Love this

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mons82PkJ51r485nqo1_500

I blame my fangirl feelings, but somehow he reminds me Dan Radcliffe. lol and I've read that it seems Chris had a feud with his beloved chrundershirt. I hope they don't get back.

Last edited by brisallie on 6/20/2013, 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/20/2013, 11:17 am

^Yeah, he'll probably keep some of it, and throws gives the rest away. Although by the looks of it he got some really good gifts (like e.g. the pens, some good books and England/queen stuff).

Maybe he will put most letters in boxes (after reading each and everyone of them, I bet), same with most of the fanart, and/or he'll put the best of them in scrapbooks. But he really can't keep everything: his house is not that big.

I think he once said that when he gets multiple examples of the same stuffed animal (like llamas) he keeps one of them for his "llama shelf" and gives the others away.
(Although I bet he keeps every crown he gets, lol.)

Maybe it sounds dismissive when we speculate that he can't keep all that stuff (and lbr: some of it probably is junk), but it is heartwarming to see how much his fans care for him so that they went through the trouble of making/buying him a gift.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/20/2013, 12:22 pm

there's no way he can keep all the gifts even if he wants to. these will require a warehouse to store as time goes on. the longer his career the more they will pile up. he would have no choice but to dispose most of them. it's not about the things themselves. it's about fans' love for him, and I believe he completely appreciate that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/20/2013, 6:21 pm

Chris ran into some fans at Hogwarts:

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mopjd7z2H01qe476yo1_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/21/2013, 1:47 am

It seems they were his guide there or something like that, jealous!!!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/22/2013, 10:49 pm

Another fan account.

How I met Chris Colfer
It is quite long but spoiler alert HE CALLED ME SWEETHEART
Okay so me and my cousin Katie got there for around 7am and it wasn’t that long of a drive which was alright, but there was already so many people there which was kinda worrying, but apparently they were only letting 500 people in, and we were 349 and 350

While waiting around we met with some people, and got starbucks and mcdonalds, and it was an amazing atmosphere, there was some confusion about if only books bought at Waterstones would only get signed but they never checked so thats all good! During the waiting time the whole of Bluewater burst out into “Don’t stop believin’” which was amazing and so cute! And there were a bunch of mexican waves going on!

So it FINALLY got to 1pm and the crowd starting moving, at roughly 2pm is when we got to meet him and by this time we met more people which was awesome! But the security wouldn’t let you take pictures past a certain point and i had no one to take pictures for me because someone in the queue couldn’t do it, it had to be someone who wasn’t getting their book signed :(

Okay so my mum went in first and she started freaking out and i literally couldn’t look, but then i did and THERE HE WAS. He looked absoloutely amazing and was non stop smiling to everyone. As we got closer i couldn’t stop freaking out, and then the woman took the books to be signed and i knew it was finally real.

I went up to him and he looked up and smiled and he is so gorgeous words cannot describe! You think he is good looking on tv? He is 10000000 times better looking in real life! Okay so he took the books and this is our conversation:
Chris: Hi how are you!
Me: I just want to say thank you so much for coming to London and for just being you, you inspire me so much and you’ve done so much for me!
Chris: Aw thank you!
Me: I bought you a present (i had him a bag with a british mug inside, i wasn’t expecting him to take it out and look!!)
Chris: (SMILES SO HUGE!) I love it thank you so much Sweetheart! (HE CALLED ME SWEETHEART)
Me: *smiles nervously and takes books* thank you for this!
Chris: Thank you, bye!
I was a blabbering mess i know…

And then Katie held hands with him!!!! We got out of the store and we were crying so much and we hugged our friends and took a picture: I’m in the red leggins

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_mot0lpSLYE1qz4rgp
Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_mot0m1qov41qz4rgp
Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_mot0maeOOO1qz4rgp

It was an amazing experience and i will never forget this day. If anyone was around 350 please let me know incase you have pictures or if we even spoke because everyone there was so amazing and thanks for making it an awesome day! I could finally tell him how much he means to me.
Also Chris’ freckles made an appearance and even my mum said he was really handsome. I am still freaking out.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/24/2013, 4:41 pm

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mowu4kHPrO1qe476yo1_500
Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mowu4kHPrO1qe476yo2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/24/2013, 9:53 pm

sheny wrote:Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mowu4kHPrO1qe476yo1_500
Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mowu4kHPrO1qe476yo2_1280

What a cutie!- in my mind she's Hedwig- I'd love to take it home.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/1/2013, 1:57 pm

Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mp9o6r2E231rk63wco1_400
Chris in the UK - Page 10 Tumblr_mp9n51UcDc1r7jd45o1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/1/2013, 6:04 pm

i'm judging him soooo hard because of his reality tv obsession. i HATE !!!!! reality tv, especially the trashy kind "housewives, mob wives, teen moms, todlers & tiaras, ...."
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/1/2013, 6:26 pm

I can understand it. I think he must have the type of mind that is constantly racing and can easily burn out in exhaustion after a while. To empty it with some gormless TV could be very useful. Good sex might be even more useful. whis 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 9:01 pm

me hate all reality tv, except project runway.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/2/2013, 1:57 am

At least he acknowledges it's a bad. And not that we watch only good TV - we watch Glee after all.Razz 
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/2/2013, 3:24 am

tanita_mors wrote:i'm judging him soooo hard because of his reality tv obsession. i HATE !!!!! reality tv, especially the trashy kind "housewives, mob wives, teen moms, todlers & tiaras, ...."

Ditto. I also don't get his obsession with the Royal Family.

But I am a big girl and can accept Chris may have some different tastes then I do. We cannot agree with everything mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2013, 9:37 am

i don't share a lot of the tastes of my family members, and i love them to death. we are all different, and that's perfectly ok.

i hate reality tv, especially that housewife and bachelor crap. they are the cream of the crap.

Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 7/5/2013, 3:47 pm

arina wrote:At least he acknowledges it's a bad. And not that we watch only good TV - we watch Glee after all.Razz 

Laughing ptdr 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/12/2013, 12:31 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I also don't get his obsession with the Royal Family.

I think I do. For him, it's just the real life extension of fairy tales. The English accents (I don't know why, but fairy tale characters always have English accents maybe because they originated in Europe), the vegetation, the cottages, the kings and queens, the castles, the lavish lifestyles of royalty...another world compared to the one he was trapped in growing up where he was closeted, bullied, had a sickly sister, and his family was struggling financially because of her medical bills. For that boy living in that small minded, overwhelmingly hot, old-fashioned and dusty little town, it was another world, literally.

Plus, Harry Potter...the ultimate fantasy for kids of his generation. All things England probably reminded him of that.

Not to mention, he's an old soul. So of course he likes the history of it all. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next