Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

+27
BlueJazz
Divalicious
Delight
tanita_mors
Elements99
ColferGirl
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
glimmerle
ecka
CloveGlee
opals
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
coxfire
emilynna
arina
sheny
fantastica
sahhar
brisallie
ColferInspired
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode?

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap5%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap27%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap36%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 3:23 pm

People can surprise you, and Kurt is only human (well, as human as a character can be). I can see him in willing to hook-up with his ex on a whim, especially if he and Adam are not exclusive yet. Remember, he is an actor....he could be feeling conflicted about Blaine, and just trying to get past it and move on with his life despite sleeping with him (although, I hope this is not the case).

I feel that Kurt threw all caution to the wind in this episode because he's sick and tired. Tired of hurting, tired of trusting, tired of talking and feeling, tired of crying, tired of pining, tired of taking the high road, tired of being overly proper and moral, tired of being the perfect, long suffering son/best friend/ex boyfriend that everyone wants him to be. He's tired of letting people walk all over him. That's not so say that he'll act like this all the time from here on out, but he has every right to just...relax and be a sexually mature, young adult once in a while. I don't think it makes him a bad character. I think this personality change was him trying to put on a brave face and showing how determined he is not to get hurt ever again. This could be another shell, much like the "ice princess" wall that he had up in season one and early season two.

I don't see this as destroying his character, but just adding more layers. And it's true that we didn't even get much POV from him, so it makes it hard to get into his head. Perhaps all of this speculation will be cleared up in the next episode? I want to see more development with Kadam as well.

I'm guessing that the Klaine makeout was a random act of two boys who thought that they once loved each other? *shrugs* Well, Blaine still thinks they are in love...I think he's in denial. I feel that Kurt is over this "love" crap that they shared.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  valkeakuulas 2/15/2013, 3:33 pm

ecka wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:And way to go for Rachel to have had unprotected sex with Brody and end up pregnant...I'm assuming the timeline is somewhat correct and that pregnancy test is being taken right after she flew home and no way can Finn be a canditate. Though Finn ends up yet again being the fall guy for this...that may not happen but it looks like it.
At no point have they said that Rachel was having unprotected sex with anyone. All birth control has a risk of failure. Also there was a time leap to mid-March - Rachel's day book showed that it was nearly a month later when she took the test.

Oh, I didn't realise they showed a date. I guess Finn might be in the picture then alter all. Poor guy never gets a break does he?

For me the use of condoms means 99,9% protection and I can't see Rachel relaying solely on pills either...or then she does, or doesn't think of protection at all. Which makes me think of the possible future stolylines from US perspective, which one would be more controversial: abortion themed episode or birth control/STD discussion one? Because if everything else fails, they love to step on the controversial theme. Would Fox even allow a abortion SL? (I am really ignorant about Fox's real level conservatism and this is not meant as a critizising question.)

I guess STD would be a topic for both Kurt and Rachel and abortion is something Rachel and Santana could possible bond over. But Glee has recently been crap at PSA subjects, so not really expecting a succesfull execution. I'm very scared when they write female storylines. unsure

BTW that picture on the spoiler thread from Ryans twitter about Brody and something about a storm coming makes so much more sense after this episode.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 3:35 pm

An abortion storyline for Rachel would be taking a huge risk. Kudos to them if they can pull it off.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/15/2013, 3:40 pm

I don't think Kurt is over Blaine, I doubt any of the characters will ever be allowed to get over their "endgame" partner. So there is at least another one season of Rachel pining after Finn and vice versa, Blaine pining after Kurt and vice versa etc. waiting for us. Isn't it wonderful?

I also hope tha we'll get more information about Kurt feelings about the whole situation and what he wants to do now next episode. Maybe the writing and acting was purposelly so confusing to people speculate and be curious what is happening in Kurts head. Who knows.
Although I think saying like 4 times they are just friends was maybe the way of Glee to tell us it's not true.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/15/2013, 4:10 pm

I don't understand why the cut the Klaine conversation before the make out. The endless stupid Finchel drama must be more important to them.

A short video clip missing from the episode. Tina finally says something that makes sense. Maybe they should have kept this one.

Tina admits to Blaine that she rubbed Vapo Rub on him

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/15/2013, 4:19 pm

arina wrote:I also hope tha we'll get more information about Kurt feelings about the whole situation and what he wants to do now next episode. Maybe the writing and acting was purposelly so confusing to people speculate and be curious what is happening in Kurts head. Who knows.
Although I think saying like 4 times they are just friends was maybe the way of Glee to tell us it's not true.
We've been saying that maybe next episode we'll get more of Kurt's POV ever since the break-up, and guess what: that was episode 4x04, this was 4x14. I won't hold my breath for a logic explanation and more depth into Kurt's feelings, especially as we know he will never be allowed to be pissed at Blaine or paint him in a bad light.
Even in this episode Tina was blaming Kurt for leaving poor Blainers alone and that he (Blaine) is only human. No way they will ever explore Kurt's feelings over the cheating anymore, not after all of this time has passed with not even a sliver more of his POV than his 30 seconds in Glease. And they even had sex again now, that sounds to me like doors being firmly closed on the whole cheating aspect. From now on it will be all Blaine trying to win the love of his life back, and it will be oh so romantic and brave of him. vomit2

Dr. She Bloggo says what I'm feeling much better:
Kurt and Blaine

The reunion of these two was presented somewhat unceremoniously, as they made their entrance horizontally in the back of a car. Core conflict here: Kurt wants to stay friends even despite a hookup, and Blaine wants to be together forever. (Okay, Tina went all Miss Emily last week; this week, it's Blaine.) Meanwhile, Tina's pissed at Kurt for toying with Blaine's emotions even though Blaine cheated on him, but it's basically out of jealousy because she's still in love with Blaine. The silver lining of this storyline, other than an amusing back-and-forth between Kurt and Tina, was the resolution of Tina's obsession with Blaine, with hopefully no traumatizing emotional consequence in its wake. The downside was hearing Tina gush about Kurt and Blaine's "legendary chemistry" as "two soulmates" performing. Yikes. Again, Glee, may I direct you to the note about including sweeping extra-narrative commentary in character dialogue. The audience does not need to be beat over the head with third party assessments that could easily just be demonstrated.

As for Kurt and Blaine's relationship conflict, the writers chose to script Blaine similarly to Finn - portrayed as lonely and adrift without their significant others, and insisting that they're meant to be together when in fact the other party has expressly chosen to cultivate another life. It's trying to be sweepingly romantic, but really it's unfair to Kurt and Rachel. Sure, they're not blameless in any scenario - these relationships get progressively messier by the episode - but at the same time, they have the right to their decisions independent of what their exes want from them. The writers seem to be operating under the notion that it's only a matter of time before everyone is happily ever after with their true loves, and unfortunately tethering the narrative to this tentpole leaves little wiggle room for story expansion and fresh ideas. Predestined journeys aren't always interesting.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/15/2013, 4:22 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/15/2013, 5:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The point for me is that we have no idea how Kurt got from A (getting terribly hurt by Blaine) to B (accepting a renewed friendship at Christmas) to X (having sex with ex again). Besides the confrontation at the Grease performance and the Thanksgiving phone-call we got absolutely nothing of Kurt's POV. We also didn't get any development when it comes to Adam.
I have no clue what goes on in Kurt's head anymore. The Kurt we used to know had feelings and characterisation. This Kurt had..... nothing: it was all empty and hollow in his mind and his heart. Even Chris could not let me know what Kurt was feeling, and seeing all the different reactions on the internet noone really seems to know.

I get that they don't want to tell everything to keep up some suspense, but I don't think that the Kurt who was raised by Burt would hump Blaine without ever talking about what happened between them the last few months, and at the same time hand-wave away the feelings he has for someone he is infatuated with in New York. And by what was said Kadam is more than simple coffee-dates by now, even when they are not eclusive.
Kurt can hold a grudge like an elephant, especially when his trust has been broken. He can also forgive, but so far we have not seen him forgive Blaine on screen, and even if he has forgiven Blaine he wouldn't forget, and I don't think Kurt would have sex with his cheating ex so casually, not even new New York Kurt. The least we needed was some temptation game or a little talk before the car scene, or a scene after the sex.

I liked that Kurt was in total control of the situation and definitely in charge, but I don't think he played Blaine only for payback. And the way Blaine was acting, especially in the Tina hall scene makes me suspect that we're supposed to think that Kurt is just putting up a facade: that his "just friends" means nothing. But I could not see any sign, not even in Chris' acting, that made me think that Kurt was feeling conflicted or trying to delude himself. It was all so flat and soulless, and I'm not used to that when it comes to Kurt. The writing and directing was so awful imo, that even Chris could not give me some hint as to what Kurt was supposed to think.
I don't like this Kurt, and again: not because of him having a booty-call with his ex, but because none of what happened made any sense to me. It has really upset me, and it may be the end of Glee for me.

I feel very similarly to the way you do Marie, so you're not alone. I also felt like I had no idea who Kurt was in this episode. It's true that showing is better than telling in television, however, the writers haven't shown OR told nearly enough of Kurt's story or his point of view to make any of his decisions in this episode make concrete sense, in my opinion. That's why there's such a huge amount of different reactions and interpretations to why he's done what he did across the fandom, at least that I've seen. Sure there's always multiplicity of interpretation in every storyline, but not to this extent. And that's because there was too little shown or said to get a real solid grasp of what was going on in Kurt's head or heart.

There's lots of plausible possibilites that can be explained away through headcanon or connecting dots from previous scenes to future ones we know of (such as, Kurt's now sexually confident because of all these successes he's recently had which has given him an esteem boost). But if Glee was a well-written show, we wouldn't have to be uncertain in those connections, nor would so much of the story rely on our personal interpretations. We don't know that Kurt's successes have made him confident now for sure, even if it's sensible - this is supposed to be the same Kurt who was still putting himself down even after his diva-off win last episode, saying he was "just lucky", implying he's still insecure. (Though I guess his sexual confidence =/= his confidence in other areas, and after being courted by Adam maybe Kurt at last feels comfortable in his own skin, but I digress). Based on Kurt's last uncomfortable interaction with Blaine and him saying not a word about him since Christmas until now, him hooking up with Blaine seems too spontaneous and out of left field with no emotional buildup whatsoever, even if one can handwave it away as him still having feelings for Blaine. Which I'm sure he does, but the writers haven't shown us that consistently.

Which is why I find it irritating that the writers apparently cut a pre-make out Klaine scene, which might have explained Kurt's POV more and been really important. I hate how Finchel and Jarley are allowed tons of scenes, but Kurt's scenes with Blaine's are 50 seconds on average - and the sidelining of Klaine is a trend, not a one-time-thing (Glease, TBU). And those 50 seconds usually give us only the bare minimum glimpse into what they're thinking or feeling, just like the "I don't trust you" scene at the end of Grease - the only Kurt POV we had in the breakup aftermath. Dialogue is still important in tv, and Klaine has too few of them, and it's more glaringly irritatingly obvious when they're compared to the straight couples who get so much development and time in both dialogue and showing. Why couldn't Klaine have just ONE good conversation like in the Thanksgiving episode? I don't need 3 conversations like Finchel. I get that Rachel's the star so she'll always have the most screentime. Even one decent conversation between Kurt and Blaine would be enough, but we don't even get that - and the small post-sex talk wasn't sufficient in my opinion, at least not on Kurt's side. I'm hoping episode 4x15 will show his POV at last.

However, I don't dislike Kurt in this episode, nor am I angry or upset or whatever with what he did. I thought he was cute and super hot in certain scenes, his snark at Tina was fun (although I hate her even more now for trying to shame Kurt about not taking back Blaine), I like that he feels more confident in himself sexually. I'm just disappointed because for the first time, I wasn't sure where he was coming from. I have my own interpretations, and draw my own conclusions from surrounding episodes just like everyone else, but I wish I'd seen and heard more on my actual screen of what was going on in Kurt's heart.

sheny wrote:I don't believe Kurt slept with Blaine just for a revenge. He is not that kind of person. Kurt is not someone who will just use a guy for fun. I think he still has feeling for Blaine, he smiled and looked at him when Tina said that they are soul mates. He keeps repeating that they are not dating but I think he is just trying to convince himself. He is hurt, he doesn't trust Blaine yet and this is his way to avoid another heartbreak.
Maybe he likes Adam and wants to give him a chance.

This is what I believe as well. Or is my personal interpretation until future episodes prove or disprove it. I thought Chris was trying to convey this when Kurt was staring at the mirror, buttoning his shirt in the post-sex talk, near when Blaine began talking. He looked a little conflicted, sad, in contrast to the comfort and easy affection he was sharing with Blaine in the rest of the episode - the lingering hurt and uncertainty showing through his facade. At this point, I think it's very likely that

Spoiler:

Last edited by ColferGirl on 2/15/2013, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/15/2013, 5:59 pm

I see is been discussing a lot how to take what happened last night, but I think it depends on the perception of each of us. Some can think writers are not having respect for their own chracters, because the Kurt we know won't have sex only as revenge for what his ex did, he has more values. Other could think this only add a new layer to his personality. Personally, also it would take my surprise it his real intentions behind were to make feel Blaine bad, because I think there're still feelings involved,and in addition I think he already forgave him. However, since 4x04 we haven't really seen what's going in Kurt's mind, it seems that everything is fine, that why they're so friendly now. But the point is, why are they only in the friendzone? Probably is because Kurt can't trust in Blaine as he used to do, and also he's moving on.

About Rachel and Kurt having sort of open relationships with Brody and Adam respectively, well in the last case is not very clear what's the status but apparently is that, personally I think is something that's frequently nowadays, so for me is not a big deal. What it really matters, in the case of Rachel for instance, is respect the codes you have with that person, and always use protection.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/15/2013, 6:34 pm

I agree with the majority of ColferGirl post including the fact that I would prefer Kurt in denial for the same reason.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/15/2013, 7:26 pm

I don't dislike Kurt for having sex, not even for having no feelings attached. He even could be playing Blaine (although I don't think so) and be cold-hearted about it: Blaine deserves to be played in return. I don't want Kurt to be in denial, just confident in his sexuality. But his actions in this episode just didn't make sense to me, because of the bad writing and editing (cutting out dialogue).
I still like Kurt (despite what choco/GA/Kerrie is saying on another board: GTFO you stalker!), just not the way he was written this episode, with no real POV or.....mindset? He was just written as a puppet, imo.

I guess what's wrong with it is that even Chris doesn't know what RIB+ will do with Kurt and Blaine (and Adam) next, so he didn't know how to play him in this episode: is it a last goodbye sex or is Kurt supposed to really be in denial? It's not like these writers always give their actors a lot of preperation time. Remember when Chris was told to promote Adam and Ryan tweeted something about Klaine behind his back?

At the moment, with the nose-diving ratings I don't even know if RIB+ themselves know where they will go with Klaine, and Kurt in New York. I have the feeling they are just throwing possibilities out there: Blaine or Adam? And whatever sticks to the wall, aka how will Adam be received by the fans and what are the reactions after this episode, that's what they will run with. They have done this tactic before and they will do this again as long as they keep fan pandering and are too lazy to make up their own stories.
But in the mean time it's irritating and confusing as hell for the actors who have the chops to keep some continuity going through all the craziness, because the foundations and assumptions as to what their character should feel or where the storylines will take them are non-existent at this point.
It is very damaging to the show imo, and Glee really can't afford losing even more quality.

BTW: I saw this on IMDb and found it very funny. And this is just 1 strand of relationships on the show:
Santana and Quinn who both dated Sam, were involved with Finn, and had sex with Puck who Rachel cheated on Finn with and who had sex with Brittany who dated Artie who dated Tina who dumped him for Mike before she started crushing on Blaine who is crushing on Sam, just had lesbian sex with each other, while Santana's ex-girlfriend is dating both their ex-boyfriend who has dated the entire Unholy Trinity and the lead Trouble Tones. It's creepy and gross.
Mad

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 7:36 pm

It could be that Kurt does still have feelings for Blaine, but he is determined not to let him hurt him ever again and he doesn't trust him, so he is playing the role of a casual,FWB...hooker-upper, if that makes sense? He's trying to convince himself and get himself to move on so that he doesn't let Blaine in again, despite still being a romantic deep down inside and despite still having those old feelings so Blaine. He's playacting. I just hate the idea of him still loving Blaine and still pining after him in spite of what he did. But it's very possible. I just want him to choose Adam and be done with Blaine for good.

But on further reflection, that's what I think. There is a reason that Kurt is now keeping his intentions mysterious, and is now keeping his cards close to his vest and not wearing his emotions on his sleeve like he usually does. He's scared, still hurting, and this is another wall he's put up. He's thrown himself headfirst into the role of a "I don't care, I and my ex lover (Blaine)/current lover (Adam) will all sleep with whomever we want and no one gets hurt that way" type of person, even if it goes against his true personality...much like how Rachel has thrown herself into this "grown up woman in NYC" role.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/15/2013, 7:42 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
BTW: I saw this on IMDb and found it very funny. And this is just 1 strand of relationships on the show:
Santana and Quinn who both dated Sam, were involved with Finn, and had sex with Puck who Rachel cheated on Finn with and who had sex with Brittany who dated Artie who dated Tina who dumped him for Mike before she started crushing on Blaine who is crushing on Sam, just had lesbian sex with each other, while Santana's ex-girlfriend is dating both their ex-boyfriend who has dated the entire Unholy Trinity and the lead Trouble Tones. It's creepy and gross.
Mad

Aaaand that's one of the reasons why this episode was a little bit yucky. fanny2
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/15/2013, 7:54 pm

agree w/ marie and colfergirl.

the thing is i don't mind kurt changes as he grows up, but there has to be a process - there needs to be long setup. there needs to be extensive conversations. there's none here.

on the other hand i really don't care much about the show anymore so it's no big deal.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Elements99 2/15/2013, 8:00 pm

New here but I would like to give my two cents: I liked the episode because of the amount of control Kurt had over how far things did or didn't go. I can see all the ways sleeping with his ex could cause friction down the line but I prefer this take charge Kurt than Season 3 Kurt.

I think that Kurt has reached this point where the idea of love that is pure and true and heavily romanticized is over. I do think he was putting on a front that the sex didn't mean anything. I think he's trying to convince himself it didn't mean as much when he looked conflicted.
Elements99
Elements99
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 8:35 pm

Welcome to the board! Smile I, too, liked the control that Kurt expressed here and I like how he was no longer a victim.

I also think his Disney-like world veiw is changing, as that happens to all of us when we grow up. I also agree now that he probably does feel conflicted, but is acting (and is a hell of an actor, because he almost made me believe) the role of not feeling anything for Blaine but a physical release. He's never quite thrown himself into a role like this before, because all of his previous acting has been on a stage. I must say, he plays the vixen damned well. Surpisingly well. Shocked the hell out of me. I think this is him trying to "toughen up" and grow up so that he doesn't get hurt again. It's Chris playing Kurt playing a vixen of sorts. Very interesting!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Elements99 2/15/2013, 9:10 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Welcome to the board! Smile I, too, liked the control that Kurt expressed here and I like how he was no longer a victim.

I also think his Disney-like world veiw is changing, as that happens to all of us when we grow up. I also agree now that he probably does feel conflicted, but is acting (and is a hell of an actor, because he almost made me believe) the role of not feeling anything for Blaine but a physical release. He's never quite thrown himself into a role like this before, because all of his previous acting has been on a stage. I must say, he plays the vixen damned well. Surprisingly well. Shocked the hell out of me. I think this is him trying to "toughen up" and grow up so that he doesn't get hurt again. It's Chris playing Kurt playing a vixen of sorts. Very interesting!

Thank you, I'm glad to be here. I think Kurt is trying to take a page out of Rachel's playbook, the problem is that Rachel's got it wrong. For Kurt, casual sex with anyone was never something on the menu, it always had to have deeper meaning because that was how you avoided getting hurt. So he believes, in this moment, that if he tells himself enough times it doesn't mean anything, he can make himself believe that. However, that's kind of the problem with having sex with an ex that he was in love with. In that case it almost impossible to keep feelings out of it. Thinking about his face at Blaine's insistence that the sex meant more, part of him wants to deny that, the other wants to confirm it. So he goes for "see you downstairs" which absolves him of answering altogether.

I don't find his behavior OOC. Having sex with Blaine is still the safer choice than having sex with Adam or anyone else because he can control the outcome. Adam is new territory for him, a relationship that doesn't even have a status and that's a fragile thing to break flippantly. So he goes for what he knows and Blaine get something out of this as well. As you said, the Disney-like world view is gone, it's tainted with Blaine's cheating and he's never going to get that back, so he's adjusting.
Elements99
Elements99
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/15/2013, 9:21 pm

i've been busy and only just now saw the episode, like 20 minutes ago (sorry about forgetting to make an episode thread you guys :( - i have an exam in a few days and i've been spending my days i the library studding, away from my pc and other distractions).

maybe i'll write a longer post tomorrow or when i have time, but my first impression is rather positive. i've already reconciled with the klaine reunion so i didn't really care. the episode was pretty strong and chris was excellent as ever, particularly in the tina confrontation scene, but jayma stole the show. her performance in "i'm not getting married" was nothing short of brilliant - first emmy deserving performance of the season for glee imo. jane lynch was on fire as well. who knew that quinn and santana actually have decent chemistry. i could see them working out if the show wanted it and agron was a regular again (doubtful though). i hated finchel - and i have to say that i hate the finn we have seen this whole season. he just doesn't know what he wants or what to do with himself. kurt and bliane - i think kurt is really conflicted. he still loves and wants blaine, that is evident but he doesn't want to seam weak and just fall into his arms as though nothing had happened.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 10:31 pm

Hmmm. This almost feels like a defense mechanism that Kurt is pulling. The casual sex, I mean. Think of all the interesting psychological implications this means for his character! Wow! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/15/2013, 11:09 pm

Once again I love this new Kurt.
I think this episode was for fan pandering and nothing else.
As a Kurt fan I have wanted this sort of Kurt for a long time.
I wish they hadn't cut out the dialogue before the make-out, but like it said it was just fan pandering. They were giving the Klainers what they have wanted for ages. 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 357632081
They should of had Kurt with scenes with Rachel and Mercedes to why Kurt would just go there.
They didn't need that many Finchel scenes. And Marley/Jake/Ryder crap they didn't need either.
I really don't think Kurt and Adam are really together yet.
What I would have liked is Kurt talking to Rachel about Adam and Blaine, and us finding out that he has feelings for both, but he and Adam aren't in a relationship, that they are just casual dating with no strings attached, that Kurt isn't ready for a relationship until he can get some closure with Blaine, because I saw this episode that Kurt was exploring that. We needed to get from A to B, not B to C.
This episode was just rushed but had it's good points. Jayma was incredible.
They really should have centred on Emma and Will along with Klaine, Finchel, and Quinntana, Artie and Betty.
Having Jake/Marley/Ryder in the mix left the episode unbalanced.
If the episode was meant to start in New York then they are missing some dialogue with Kurt and
Rachel, or unless it is Rachel and Brody, which I don't care about.
We needed to know what was in Kurt's head instead of once again us fans having to guess.
I hope we find out more to Kurt's POV in the next episode.
That is one thing I hate about Glee, they cut important scenes that are meant to start a storyline or to finish it completely. Stories are meant to flow, and to do that show what you filmed, then maybe we would be able to follow stories better instead of be frustrated or lose interest, or don't know what the hell the story they are trying to tell. 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 11:29 pm

The Ryder/Jake/Marley thing did feel a little...out of place in the episode. The contrast between the high school kids and the young adults is just too great. With one group, they are allowed to be much more realistic and gritty, and with the other group, they feel too Disney to me. Of course Marley and Jake didn't go through with it. I knew they wouldn't.

I'm still so shocked (in a good way) that they went there with Kurt. Never thought I'd see the day when Chris was allowed to be just as sexy as anyone else, and when Kurt was allowed to be an adult and not a baby bird. It makes him more real to me. I wonder if he will feel "torn" also, just as Rachel does between her "old self" and "new self". As long as they don't go overboard with this new characterization, I'm okay with it. I actually think it was really brave of the show to do this...and they are already dealing with a huge fallout with some angry Blainers/Klainers and even some angry Kurtsies.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/15/2013, 11:39 pm

I think if they we had more of what Kurt was thinking before the hook up and what leads to it, then I don't think any Kurtsies would have been unhappy as some are.
LikeI keep saying it was just fan pandering with no thought process behind it or not really caring about Klaine's storyline.
We got Hummelberrry build up in Diva, but none for Klaine in this one. If they don't want to write for Klaine then end it, stop trying to please one part of the fandom. 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/15/2013, 11:46 pm

Elements99 wrote:New here but I would like to give my two cents: I liked the episode because of the amount of control Kurt had over how far things did or didn't go. I can see all the ways sleeping with his ex could cause friction down the line but I prefer this take charge Kurt than Season 3 Kurt.

I think that Kurt has reached this point where the idea of love that is pure and true and heavily romanticized is over. I do think he was putting on a front that the sex didn't mean anything. I think he's trying to convince himself it didn't mean as much when he looked conflicted.

Hi Elements! Welcome aboard!

I agree with you completely. One thing that struck me about this episode was just how confident and in control Kurt is, and what a dramatic shift it is from how he appeared in The New Rachel (where he had absolutely no control over his life). After finally getting some real and signifigant successes (Vogue, his rediculous NYADA audition and Midnight Madness) it's as if he finally has tapped into that inner power that we all know was in there all along and now there's not putting the lid back on it. I'll take confident, secure with his bad ass self Kurt over depressed Kurt any day.

Getting your heart broken in a most spectaular way will certainly make one a bit more cynical when it comes to relationships. You go in having fantastic, somewhat unrealistic expectations and when the worst happens (like with Blaine and Kurt), it shakes your whole perception of what being in love is. Kurt was always one who fell hard and fast, and while I don't doubt that he'll be able to give his heart completely with the right guy under the right circumstances, he'll take things slower and be a bit more cautious. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. He'll be more realistic to the failings of others, not quite so idealistic. More mature in his outlook and what he expects out of his relationships.

I have no doubt that Kurt is somewhat conflicted about Blaine and what he wants out of Blaine at this stage. Even in the worst break up, it's hard to just ignore the feelings that have built up in the two years that they've known one another - as friends, as boyfriends and as lovers. As badly as Blaine hurt him, it's now months after the fact that Kurt has grown tremendously in his own right. He's no longer bleeding inside and he and Blaine have slowly been rebuilding their relationship.

The question Kurt has to ask himself now is what does he want. Blaine has made his intentions very, very clear. But Kurt has something he's never had before. A choice. Blaine is no longer the only game in town, and Kurt is no longer in the mindset that he should be lucky that someone like Blaine wants him. He's got Adam in New York. He doesn't have to settle for Blaine if that's not what he really wants. So for now, he's going to bide his time and see what comes of the next few months. With Blaine in Lima and the two of them seperated by distance, Kurt has a chance to see what develops between him and Adam. It might overtake what he feels for Blaine, or it might not. But when he's ready to decide, it will be because whatever choice he makes is right for him. Not because it's what Blaine wants or what Adam wants or what anyone else thinks is right for him.

Last edited by Ranwing on 2/16/2013, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 11:51 pm

That's true. I also wonder what Kurt was thinking during this episode. But maybe he turned his brain off, and just became a typical, horny 19 year old boy who thinks with his other head! Wink Laughing If he thought things through, his normally overly moral self would have talked him out of doing this at all. I think he just wanted to have some fun. Maybe he was trying to see if there were any of those romantic feelings still left over for Blaine...and his reaction afterward can be taken as one of two ways: there weren't, and Kurt is writing Blaine off in his mind (I wish) OR there were, but Kurt is still trying to write Blaine off and to convince himself that they weren't really there, because he doesn't want to fall victim to him again (I'm thinking this one might be true, despite my wishes).

In psychological terms, Kurt is someone who has always been ruled by his Superego (morals) and in this episode, for once, he was overtaken by his Id (pleasure principle). Oh, I am having SO much fun with this!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/16/2013, 12:24 am

Just finished watching the episode. Here's my stream-of-consciousness thoughts about it:

The best meta line in the episode goes to Emma: "All you Glee kids had dated so incestually that I can't even remember who could tolerate who anymore."

Ryder's fake acting in the class scene is adorable. I was tempted to sleep through the Jarley duet.

(I'm pretty sure the Jake/Marley/Ryder love triangle was based on the plot of 'Win a date with Tad Hamilton'. Boy A helps Boy B to woo Girl C, while Boy A himself is in love with Girl C. Girl C realizes the love Boy A has for her and oooh, will they get together in the end?)

So, we get introduced to a bitchy blonde in a wheelchair. Man, I'm starting to see this pattern of RIB+ writing all their handicap-able characters as mean and rude. Maybe in their minds rudeness=strength of character. I know they don't want us to feel only sympathy/pity for these characters, but do they have to make them completely unsympathetic through sheer nastiness?

Well, that Klaine make-out scene came right out of left field. No lead up, no progression, no explanations, no conversation. Just-- we're groping each other in the back of the car now because we're 'bros helping bros".

It's been a while since we get to hear Matt Morrison sing. His Broadway background is nicely demonstrated here. And is Amber singing opera? That's not her usual singing voice.

Mike's cameo appearance lasts all of 5 seconds on the dance floor, because he's teaching Marley some dance moves. Why do they even bother bringing these characters back?

Tina to Kurt: "I don't like the way you treat Blaine" and "Blaine is here lonely, and yes, he cheated but we're all human, Kurt" Spoken like a true unhinged Blarrenstan. Jeez. Hmm... Those 'who are you, Kurt' accusations only make sense if you take into account the personality transplant they gave Kurt in this episode. Maybe that is the reason why Kurt is behaving in such an unexpected manner in this episode?

Kurt's look of outrage and his "Don't walk away from me, Tina Cohen-Chang!" is wonderfully delivered (I genuinely smiled at that scene). And yes, the vapo-rape line is amusing.

The Finchel drama is becoming creepy. I know there are people who think that Finn is being manly and seductive in the love-me-love-me-not Finchel conversation, but... Finn came across to me as a bit too controlling and obsessive. I guess I should be grateful that they don't use the 'endgame' speech for Klaine.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o5_250

Kurt sounds really sexy in his 'I'll see you downstairs' line in the post-sex scene. I'll just put aside any misgivings about how Kurt is no longer the Kurt I knew in this episode and just enjoy the sexy.

Quinntana ends up being the most healthy and well-adjusted couple who had sex in the hotel. Who'd have thunk?

Oh, and Rachel may be having preggers (and possibly abortion) drama. Kurt, I am so glad you are biologically incapable of falling pregnant. I get the feeling that the writers would've foisted this deplorable storyline on you if they could.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next