Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
ColferInspired
bayth
MissSoniaPP
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
Delight
sheny
Glorfindel
arina
ladydianab
sahhar
fantastica
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap24%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap12%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap24%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 2/2/2013, 10:41 pm

sahhar wrote:
Divalicious wrote:@Divalicious 'Naked' post

Gosh I love reading your insights and reviews on Glee. You really hit the nail in the head when it comes to what I'm feeling regarding the show and Kurt but can't put into words. I fully agree with all of this. rooots
Seconded. Great post, @Divalicious. iagree
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/2/2013, 11:22 pm

Yes, great post, Divalicious.

The Blaine worship definitely has to stop. It's really beyond ridiculous. It's been constant since the day the character was introduced. The show should be renamed "Everybody Loves Blaine" because every character he comes in contact with just raves about him (remember that ridiculous scene where the Warblers were talking about how his version of songs were better than the originals). It's really beyond ridiculous.

Blaine is a character with a lot of flaws, but his flaws are never acknowleded. This character could be so much more if they addressed the flaws, but instead they brush them under the rug and make him this perfect caricature of a character(thanks for using that word, Ryan). They have missed so many opportunities with this character. They could have had him face more resistence when he transferred to McKinley when he came in ready to push them to the Warblers way of thinking. Or why don't people fight against him for solos the way they had Kurt and Mercedes fighting against Rachel? Or why not address him being a sloppy horny drunk? This character would be so much better if it was better written, and he was portrayed by a more capable actor.

The reason I really want Kadam is so much because I know that if Kurt goes back to Blaine it's going to be the same thing. Every scene will be "I love you, Kurt." "I love you, Blaine." "You're adorable, Kurt." "You're perfect, Blaine." Insert Kurt smiling with big huge heart eyes while Blaine sings. "You're flawless, Blaine. You're singing is perfect, Blaine." Been there, done that. zzzzzzz.

Knowing the spoilers that we have heard, I think the best possible scenerios would be this:

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/3/2013, 12:00 am

Divalicious wrote:Well, it was a busy work week, now I finally have time to post my feelings on this episode. Unsurprising is the word that comes to mind. Kurt gets almost nothing, but does some great acting in his nano seconds, before we wax poetic on Rachel's boobs and the noobs.

Kurt said harsh things, but I would be attacking everything in front of me if a naked guy, uninvited by me, plants his bare butt on my stuff. Rachel has a right to look like what she wishes, and no one has a right to tell her differently, but I do really feel Kurt was speaking for the audience that has been up in arms, including myself, about her new look. I don't like it, it is too much. Yes, real kids do try to change themselves, but Rachel isn't real, she needs to take things a little gradual so the audience can get on board. But it was really showing Rachel's self-absorption that she invites her boy toy to live with her, and seems proud of the fact she has a hot boyfriend who looks good naked. She doesn't seem to note that TakeChargeRachel! still has RoommateKurt! that she needed to communicate with before adding to their abode. Kurt is being treated as a second class citizen in his own home. She looks down on his choices, frowns on the Apples, and doesn't even ponder Kurt's feelings about a roomie. So neither was in the right, Kurt was just more obvious with words rather than actions.

I don't hate the noobs, but I don't care about them either. Had a frustrating conversation with my brother that worships all that is Glee, very proud that he ships no one on the show, and is there for the concept. Well, yay for you, but I can't help what I feel, and I feel Kurt is what I love the most. He is the one that calls to me as a character. His trials and tribulations. I mean, even as a person in my 40's, I still remember being bullied as a kid, it still hurts even after all this time.

What is there about Marley for me to feel about? Sure, she is bulimic briefly (still don't know if this is ongoing or already done storyline wise) but she is also a tall, pretty, talented girl, nice and has two good looking guys wanting to be with her. I don't have a lot of personal history to make me empathize with her problems. Jake is a supposed player with a heart of gold, but I get no brittleness or sharpness from his personality, same with Ryder. We have a bunch of good looking nice people, and sure, that is a change from certain bitchy characters, but niceness doesn't drive story. It stagnates story. That is why I don't mind when Kurt screws up, even though the lambasting he takes in fandom gets on my nerves, because perfection is dull.

So while I am okay with the McKinley/NY split thing, I find McKinley boring, not because Kurt isn't there, but because the characters have no real edge to them, or don't seem multifaceted. It is really hard to add a facet to an already nice character. But it is the edges that attract me, the cracks in their makeup.

I enjoyed the performances more than the songs. I like the original Torn, it felt like a person who is truly lost where Rachel's sweet voice makes it just sound like a confused person seeking answers, it just didn't have the depth of feeling I get from the original. There was far too much on Jake trying to confess his love with Marley, and while he has a lovely voice, I just don't buy the relationship, no matter how much Ryan loves it. Ryan was also the one who thought Quinn and Sam had great chemistry, and then broke them up because they were boring, and they were. He just hasn't gotten there with Jacob Marley yet. They are too nice.

Goes to Blaine's perfection in all that is, including his ass, which apparently you need to wax poetic on frequently. They have really made Tina shallow, I mean she always has been, but where her fixation with Mike's abs also included being a supportive girlfriend helping him to go into a field he loved, it has become a drooling idiot whom I have no sympathy for whatsoever. And that is sad, I've waited a long time to get to know Tina, and I find I don't like her. Still love her voice, though.

I don't want to hate on Blaine, but GOD!! the worship must stop. I don't ever want Kurt back with him solely for the fact that Kurt will never "measure up" to the perfection that is required to deserve all that is Blaine. He is the understanding friend, who silently crushes on, but supports his crush, so therefore is not creepy. He is the oblivious guy who gives all the girls their fantasies. He is the soloist with the mostest. And then fandom has the audacity to call Kurt a St., a Mary Sue, but them jump all over him when he is not. They have taken all the edges off an already amorphous character, and even diminish his huge personal faults by showing endless manpain, until the audience forgives him simply because they are tired to Blaine hurting so much. Even when he caused his own pain!!

I also hate that Kurt's POV will never really be shown, and even if it is, it will be more martyr Kurt talk. But really, Kurt was a virgin before Blaine. Not only a virgin, but a boy who was told repeatedly that singing with him, being touched by him was toxic. So the first boy he opens his heart to, that he trusts enough to have sex with, can't wait a couple of weeks or months to be with him. I just would like Kurt to have a soft line like "why wasn't I worth waiting for?" Because that is what I think Kurt feels. That is why it is nice to have Adam to bolster his confidence in his attractiveness and worth. Blaine knows girls find him attractive, and boys. He gets the songs, the parts, the presidency, whatever he wants. Kurt doesn't get this, he doesn't have the emotional safety net that Blaine has, but Blaine gets to cheat because of insecurity and it is ok. If anyone should be insecure, it is Kurt, but he is too strong for that. Blaine has a huge amount of growing up before I will ever buy into Klaine again. The Blaine stans don't help the matter, I find a large portion of them toxic and bullies, exactly what this show is supposed to be against.

Going off on a tangent there.

The calender was gratuitous, and a part of me was thinking, how much money did it cost to print the calenders, and couldn't they have used that to pay for the bus, but this is Glee. Nothing really impressed me, I was surprised they showed Darren's belly from that angle, concave it was not. Generalizing, but I think girls need to feel something emotionally about the character to be impressed by semi-nakedness, where guys like their barbie dolls without a personality and are not interested in the intellectual. Since I feel nothing for the characters, I felt nothing for the pictures. Just glad to have the guys have to show some stuff, like all the Cheerios have done with all the panty shots since the show was conceived.

While I agree with Ryan about Chris being happy with the episode as it was, regarding shirtless Kurt, I still want a scene where Kurt is coming out of the shower with a towel around his waist, and everyone's jaw dropping as he heads off to his bedroom area, totally oblivious to shattering all their misconceptions over his lack of muscles. A little freudian slip there, when I reread this paragraph I wrote "without a towel" oops. 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 1071211947

I liked Finn tricking Sue. Sure, he isn't smart, but he does know some sneakiness, and isn't always on the high-road like they made Will. I guess Will is eternally paying for the marijuana thing in the first episode, or almost buying drugs in Funk.

What I would like is a reason why Kurt won't be shirtless around anyone.

A part me has been thinking that maybe no-one has seen him naked not even Blaine because any sex they had was in the dark.

I would like this to be the reason that Kurt maybe doesn't not like his body and is maybe ashamed of it, which would explain the layers.

I would like Adam to be the one to help Kurt with his insecurities. Then maybe we will get a shirtless scene, because it would mean something, and I think Chris would be okay with that.

I don't think these writers are smart enough to go there, but it would help a lot of people as Kurt has been written as unattractive in the past, and this story would then be believable.

I really don't think Chris cared much for this episode so probably thought he wasn't missing anything, and he did get paid. 4x12 "Naked" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/3/2013, 5:27 am

U know The pro camera equipment They use for the Photoshoot cost more than the calendar incomes. U just can't reason with this show. Think about it like kids cartoon - can rabbits really talk?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/3/2013, 6:28 pm

ColferInspired, that would make a GREAT Kurt storyline! It would really show him coming into his own as an adult and sexual being, but not in the slightly forced way that Rachel has been. It is an extremely relatable storyline for SO many people out there, and finally, it would show Kurt that all of his insecurities and body issues are really only in his head. I mean, look at Marley...she doesn't really have reason to be insecure about her looks either. But Kurt's storyline will much more realistic and believable than Marley's ever was.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/3/2013, 8:49 pm

I have to admit to some curiousity of dropping out of this film is going to be the start of Rachel's downfall from her lofty position at NYADA. This is supposed to be her first semi-professional role. It's not something she'd be paid for and most likely it would never be seen outside of NYADA, but it would be something to put on her resume. And she quit at the worst possible time, right in the middle of production.

Now in the real world, an actor that quits in the middle of a production quickly gets a reputation for being unreliable, and an unreliable actor quickly becomes unemployable. If this student starts badmouthing Rachel around NYADA, telling other students that she doesn't follow through on her comittments (and it wasn't as if Rachel wasn't warned well in advance that she would have to be filmed topless and given plenty of time to back out), Rachel may find herself shut out of other student-sponsored projects.

As for Kurt not wanting to be shirtless... I can see this again linking to his feeling of inferiority when compared with Blaine. No one waxes poetic about his ass (though it is an epic ass), and he doesn't have guys and girls throwing themselves at him on a regular basis. He might know rationally that he's not unattractive, but he would hardly call himself drop dead sexy. I would love to see Adam made it clear that not only does he find Kurt unquestionably sexy, but that at least one of the female Apples has been complaining that it's just not fair that Kurt is gay and that none of the girls would have a chance with him. It doesn't have to bit a big deal scene, but just something that shows that Kurt is no longer in Lima and his unconventional good looks are certainly noticed and appreciated.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/3/2013, 11:04 pm

I actually like Rachel and I wouldn't like to see her crash and burn at NYADA. However, I do want to see her taken down a peg or two. I didn't like how she was badmouthing Adam's Apples (is that what they are called?) It's like she's let this new status go to her head and she's forgotten where she came from.

Maybe it is all due to the fact that Kurt was a very late bloomer. At the start, he really did look like a little boy. And for some strange reason, everyone around him still saw him as that little boy in their minds....even Kurt. It is taking everyone's minds way too long to catch up and notice the changes. Adam met Kurt as the stunning young man (who could easily be a male model) that he is now, and never saw that little boy.

And Marie (I'm sorry this is so late), thank you for pointing that out! Since when are the mean cheerleader types and the hot dreamboat boys relatable to most of us? And while I like seeing Dianna and Naya again (despite the characters they play), their appearances felt very...forced or something. I would have loved to see a Hummelberry heart-to-heart: Kurt apologizing for the slutty Barbie comment, but standing his ground on his alarm at her selfish behavior and changes, Rachel most certainly apologizing for her piggish boyfriend and explaining her personaility changes, the two of them trying to decide whether or not she should do the student film...it could have been so sweet. Instead, they bring back the pretty mean girls who were never really great friends with Rachel in the first place in order to give her advice. They have her best interests at heart? Yeah, right.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mae55 2/4/2013, 1:47 am

I think this was the first episode in 4 years of Glee where I didn't know (or like) a single song. Well, except for the miniscule bit of Centerfold they threw into the mash-up, which I just barely recognized. I really wish they hadn't become so fixated on iTunes sales that every song has to be current pop covers and they could bring back some good music, or something that actually IS music for that matter. :(
mae55
mae55
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4