Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+27
Kurt addict
Ranwing
bayth
murasaki1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Georgette888
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Catt24
MoviesAreLife
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
zuppid
Delight
tanita_mors
Ireth
arina
BlueJazz
sahhar
Kurt Hummel
fantastica
brisallie
31 posters

Page 31 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 44  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  Ireth 5/22/2014, 4:46 am

tanita_mors wrote:i'm good. thanks for asking guys. actually,we do have electricity. they managed to save the termal power plant that powers the country by flooding some other small cities and villages. the water is subsiding now, but the next three days are crucial because the danube has risen and there is fear it may flood belgrade. so all eyes are on that now. it should be over by this weekend and then the massive job of clean up and rebuilding has to began. the death toll isn't huge, but i got from a good source that even thought they keep saying that a lot of people didn't die, it's probably in the high hundreds if not thousands, mostly in obrenovac.sad thing is, most people who live there were serbian refuges from either bosnia and croatia after the civil war in the 90's or from kosovo after the nato bombing in 1999. people lost their homes for the second time.

It's good that you're good.

But those poor people.  :( 

Hopefully things go well the next few days and the clean up and rebuilding will be able to start soon.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/22/2014, 5:26 am

I am so relieved that the water is subsiding.

But knowing about the threat of the Danube, I know is still a great fear.

Any death toll is horrific, no matter how many.  :( 

But those poor refuges. That is a terrible tragedy. Just heartbreaking.

I am also relieved you are doing okay Ivana and that you have electricity.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/24/2014, 12:36 am

Am so happy. Just got the tattoo that I've been planning for over a year. The artist did such a beautiful job. It came out better than I was expecting.

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Tumblr_inline_n627chWTG71rdaq3l
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Empty Interview

Post  Kurt addict 5/24/2014, 2:26 am

Hi, have an interview this morning to train for Reader Ministry in the Church of England so if you have a faith please include me in your prayers or wish me luck if you don't,thanks your support will be much appreciated.
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/24/2014, 7:53 am

Ranwing wrote:Am so happy. Just got the tattoo that I've been planning for over a year. The artist did such a beautiful job. It came out better than I was expecting.

Wow that's lovely! I imagine it hurt quite a bit though?

ETA: I just read in another thread that you got it for your cats. That's so sweet.

Kurt addict wrote:Hi, have an interview this morning to train for Reader Ministry in the Church of England so if you have a faith please include me in your prayers or wish me luck if you don't,thanks your support will be much appreciated.

Good luck!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/24/2014, 8:58 am

Ireth wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Am so happy. Just got the tattoo that I've been planning for over a year. The artist did such a beautiful job. It came out better than I was expecting.

Wow that's lovely! I imagine it hurt quite a bit though?

ETA: I just read in another thread that you got it for your cats. That's so sweet.

It didn't hurt nearly as much as you'd think. I have other tattoos so I knew what to expect and the only part that really hurt was the flower closest to the pulse point in my wrist. It was actually a pretty easy one to sit though. And I guess I have good tolerance because when my brother had his wristband done years ago (with the names of his two oldest children), he said That it was extremely painful. Which just leads me to conclude that my brother is a wimp.  lol! 

Kurt addict wrote:Hi, have an interview this morning to train for Reader Ministry in the Church of England so if you have a faith please include me in your prayers or wish me luck if you don't,thanks your support will be much appreciated.

Good luck!

Seconded!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/24/2014, 9:50 am

That is a beautiful tattoo.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/24/2014, 9:51 am

Good luck.

Hope it goes well.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/24/2014, 12:10 pm

That's a lovely tattoo, Wendy. I like how the paws have a different color each. Bistro on the corner - Page 31 I-heart-love-paws-dog-lover

Good luck, Anna. Is crossing my fingers for you alright too?  Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Fingerscrossed
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Empty Interview

Post  Kurt addict 5/24/2014, 5:19 pm

Interview seemed to go well find out in2/3 Weeks so thanks everyone for your support  Smile
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2014, 6:17 pm

congrats girl! hope you will hear good news soon!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/30/2014, 7:07 am

man, just got back from an upper gastroscopy. every bad thing i read about is effing true. never again. 3 of the longest minutes of my life.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/30/2014, 8:27 am

Apparently it is the big new employment month here? I also start my new job on Monday. Actually, for the first time it is an unlimited contract with very good possibilities to further my career and actually start my professional life. The last two years were not easy (aka: I am overqualified) as I only always had part-time jobs in lower positions, so basically this is a major game changer.  bounce 

However I really need to work again anyway. I had free the last two weeks and was living at my parents with no friends around I actually know. Basically, my laptop (and by extension tumblr) really were my best friend.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Empty Reader ministry

Post  Kurt addict 5/30/2014, 9:26 am

Aweeee I just got my letter from the bishop! I've been accepted for training as a Reader in the Church of England, I was not expecting to hear for another two weeks, I'm so excited and terrified at the same time thanks for your support four years of study to look forward to. bounce bounce bounce 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/30/2014, 10:17 am

That's fantastic Anna! I have no idea what a Reader does, but I'm happy that you got the position that you wanted.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 5/30/2014, 10:38 am

Ranwing wrote:That's fantastic Anna! I have no idea what a Reader does, but I'm happy that you got the position that you wanted.
Thank you Wendy, a Reader presides at worship, preaches, teaches, does funerals and baptisms and pastoral care for the congregation and local community.
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/30/2014, 10:59 am

it seems that everybody is getting good news. May is such a great month! congrats everyone!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/30/2014, 12:28 pm

Kurt addict wrote:
Ranwing wrote:That's fantastic Anna! I have no idea what a Reader does, but I'm happy that you got the position that you wanted.
Thank you Wendy, a Reader presides at worship, preaches, teaches, does funerals and baptisms and pastoral care for the congregation and local community.

Oh, so it's a clergy role. Is it similar to being a priest or is it a layperson position? I don't know very much of how the Anglican Church operates - my familiarity is more about it's place in history.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/30/2014, 3:47 pm

tanita_mors wrote:man, just got back from an upper gastroscopy. every bad thing i read about is effing true. never again. 3 of the longest minutes of my life.
Do you mean an upper endoscopy? Ugh, that examination is terrible.  Mad  Poor you.
I hope you're alright now?

Congratulations, Lottie and Anna!  hola  hola
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/30/2014, 3:52 pm

^Thank you!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 5/30/2014, 4:52 pm

Thank you still can't believe it
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/30/2014, 7:11 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:man, just got back from an upper gastroscopy. every bad thing i read about is effing true. never again. 3 of the longest minutes of my life.
Do you mean an upper endoscopy? Ugh, that examination is terrible.  Mad  Poor you.
yeah, an upper endoscopy. it was gross as hell. i ok now. my throat is a little sore when swallowing, the stomach is a little tender, but i read all that is normal especially when they are doing a biospy as well. i have been having stomach problems for months now, so this was an unfortunate natural step. i have to wait for biopsy results, but from what i can read from the examination notes i probably have a hiatus hernia or it's beging to form, plus some acid reflux of the esophagus. hopfully i can avoid medication and just get some dietary instructions to help me.

all, congratulations everyone on getting your jobs.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/30/2014, 8:02 pm

Again - spelling nazi and nurse - it's hiatal hernia.  If it's bothering you at night - you can sleep a little bit elevated to help with the acid reflux. Hope you feel better...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/31/2014, 5:35 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Apparently it is the big new employment month here? I also start my new job on Monday. Actually, for the first time it is an unlimited contract with very good possibilities to further my career and actually start my professional life. The last two years were not easy (aka: I am overqualified) as I only always had part-time jobs in lower positions, so basically this is a major game changer.  bounce 

However I really need to work again anyway. I had free the last two weeks and was living at my parents with no friends around I actually know. Basically, my laptop (and by extension tumblr) really were my best friend.

Kurt addict wrote:Aweeee I just got my letter from the bishop! I've been accepted for training as a Reader in the Church  of England, I was not expecting to hear for another two weeks, I'm so excited and terrified at the same time thanks for your support four years of study to look forward to. bounce bounce bounce 

Congrats Girls!!!  hola 

tanita_mors wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
yeah, an upper endoscopy. it was gross as hell. i ok now. my throat is a little sore when swallowing, the stomach is a little tender, but i read all that is normal especially when they are doing a biospy as well. i have been having stomach problems for months now, so this was an unfortunate natural step. i have to wait for biopsy results, but from what i can read from the examination notes i probably have a hiatus hernia or it's beging to form, plus some acid reflux of the esophagus. hopfully i can avoid medication and just get some dietary instructions to help me.

all, congratulations everyone on getting your jobs.

Hope you feel better soon!

This is really stupid of me, but the last time I backed up my phone was slightly over a year ago, and yesterday it got spoilt.

I'm really upset because it looks like I've lost all my notes, where I wrote down all kinds of things, including stories, diary entires, references.

And I don't know whether I'll get my whatsapp histories back, which sucks because there's a lot of important stuff there.

I've learnt my lesson the hard way, and am going to back my phone up every time it's connected to my laptop, once I get it fixed/get a replacement.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2014, 5:48 am

I am so pleased for you two, Lottie and Anna.  Smile 

That is wonderful news.

Sorry, that you had to go through that Ivana.  :( 

I hope you get better soon.
ColferInspired