Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+27
Kurt addict
Ranwing
bayth
murasaki1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Georgette888
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Catt24
MoviesAreLife
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
zuppid
Delight
tanita_mors
Ireth
arina
BlueJazz
sahhar
Kurt Hummel
fantastica
brisallie
31 posters

Page 17 of 44 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 44  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 17 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  fantastica 11/25/2013, 1:42 pm

wow, i never thought Gaterade would be part of a diet. Razz  you can make your own gaterade by drinking a glass of water and eat a banana, then sprinkle a little salt, or simply drink a glass of orange juice and sprinkle a little salt in it. basically - water, sugar, sodium and potassium.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 11/26/2013, 9:10 am

fantastica wrote:wow, i never thought Gaterade would be part of a diet. Razz  you can make your own gaterade by drinking a glass of water and eat a banana, then sprinkle a little salt, or simply drink a glass of orange juice and sprinkle a little salt in it. basically - water, sugar, sodium and potassium.
Thanks for the recipes Smile

I know Gatorade helps with dehydration because it's isotonic, so it's prescribed for people with diarrhoea. We have a drink here, 100 Plus, that works the same way even though it's meant to be a sports drink.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/26/2013, 7:48 pm

@Kim, thanks for the recipe. But I think I still prefer to drink Gatorade, because it comes in a beautiful plastic bottle and it  the 'ingredients' are well blended.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/26/2013, 8:36 pm

for me, i am a spendthrift as well as a health nut. so if i can eat something all natural that does the same thing for less money, i will definitely avoid buying hte fancy, artificially flavored and colored stuff in a plastic bottle that may leech harmful chemicals into your system. phr34r 

Twisted Evil 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 11/26/2013, 10:10 pm

^I'm that way only when it comes to drinks, so I will follow your recipe neutre 

But when it comes to food...I have a soft spot for junk food Smile 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/26/2013, 11:18 pm

In my case is the other way around, when it comes to food I prefer to eat natural things. Sadly is more expensive :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 12:02 am

I usually just drink water. i drink a lot of water - i have a water filter at home.

another natural Gatorade replacement is coconut water because it's high in potassium. However it's a bit low in sodium and it's usually moderate in sugar too (a good thing if you want to watch your weight - sugar makes you fat). coconut water is not cheap though. it's at least as expensive as Gatorade.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/27/2013, 12:47 am

Where I live, the water is not so good, has lots of sodium and I barely can't stand its taste. But thanks for the advice, probably I'd should buy coconut water now Smile, though I'm currently obsessed with green tea, I could drink it all day.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 2:50 am

But tea is brewed with water! unsure If your local water is bad, drinking tea wouldn't help unless u use special filter or buy bottled clean water.

Last edited by fantastica on 11/27/2013, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 11/27/2013, 5:38 am

Ireth wrote:
fantastica wrote:wow, i never thought Gaterade would be part of a diet. Razz  you can make your own gaterade by drinking a glass of water and eat a banana, then sprinkle a little salt, or simply drink a glass of orange juice and sprinkle a little salt in it. basically - water, sugar, sodium and potassium.

I know Gatorade helps with dehydration because it's isotonic, so it's prescribed for people with diarrhoea. We have a drink here, 100 Plus, that works the same way even though it's meant to be a sports drink.
Just to add my two cents, if anyone is suffering from gastro, sport drinks are actually not ideal because they contain too much sugar. It's better to have oral rehydration salts (in Australia, they have Hydralyte or Gastrolyte) that you dissolve in water and drink. It tastes kinda awful (a bit like diluted sports drink) but apparently your intestines absorb them better than plain ol' water...

(P.S. In case anyone is wondering why I'm going to be posting less over the next few weeks, the reason is that I've used up my internet data allowance for the month. I hadn't realized that updating my mail on my mobile devices and laptop was going to crunch up several Gigabytes of data).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/27/2013, 7:31 am

fantastica wrote:But tea is brewed with water! unsure If your local water is bad, drinking tea weekly help unless u use special filter or buy bottled clean water.
I think the kettle helps :)I read when you heat the water it helps to eliminate those inocuos things the water has. And do anyone know if there's something besides of coffee that it helps you to wake up?

@Delight, it would be too expensive to buy more gigabytes? I've the same problem, but with my cellphone.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 12:31 pm

Boiling water kills the germs but won't get rid of the chemicals. If you collect the stream from it will be a lot better. It's called distillation. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 1:46 pm

i second @DELIGHT's comment that sports drink/sugary drinks are bad for you if you have stomach/digestive problems. I apologize that I didn't read the earlier posts about the digestive issues (actually I read long ago but forgot about it. my bad) so when I suggest the natural Gatorade replacements I didn't think of digestive ailment.

If you have digestive problems I would avoid drinking icy drinks and sugary drinks, nor coffee/tea. you want something gentle and mild. warm water w/ some electrolytes added. Try unsweetened coconut water w/ a sprinkle of salt if you can't find electrolytes-added water. Another very good thing is chicken soup - chicken broth actually. skim off the fat and drink the clear broth. it's very yummy if you prefer a savory drink.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/27/2013, 2:20 pm

fantastica wrote:Boiling water kills the germs but won't get rid of the chemicals. If you collect the stream from it will be a lot better. It's called distillation. neutre
Yeah, I've heard about that process, I'll try. And you know a lot about eating healthy Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/27/2013, 3:09 pm

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:Boiling water kills the germs but won't get rid of the chemicals. If you collect the stream from it will be a lot better. It's called distillation. neutre
Yeah, I've heard about that process, I'll try. And you know a lot about eating healthy Smile
I'm so happy after reading your need to clean tap water that in here I can relay on the water being OK when a drain it from the tap.

Most gastro friendly stuff tastes awful or nothing anyway. Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 3:10 pm

i grew up w a lot of sick people in the family. you become a semi medicine woman if everybody constantly complains about their ailments and expect you to help them. I have learned to inject medicine for my mom when i was about 8 or 9. I learned by watching the nurses doing it. at that time the only antibiotic was in injectable liquid form, so a daily doze would require her to go to the doctor's office every day, and she was too sick for those trips. so I learned to do it. We bought the supplies and boiled them after each use to sterilize them. never had any problems. i used to play doctors games as a child, but later on never thought of studying medicine at all. maybe because i was too sick of sick people around me.

so i learned a lot of healthy habbits to avoid getting sick as much as possible. i am sick of sickness and when i am ready to die, i just want to drop dead in the middle of my sleep, while dreaming about my favorite celebrity crush. Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 11/28/2013, 6:35 am

I didn't know that. I think I'll just stick to regular Gatorade.

Delight wrote:
Ireth wrote:

Just to add my two cents, if anyone is suffering from gastro, sport drinks are actually not ideal because they contain too much sugar. It's better to have oral rehydration salts (in Australia, they have Hydralyte or Gastrolyte) that you dissolve in water and drink. It tastes kinda awful (a bit like diluted sports drink) but apparently your intestines absorb them better than plain ol' water...
@Delight: I didn't know that. I've had Gatorade through for the past three days and it helped settle my stomach. Usually when I have a stomach ache I drink 7 Up because it helps but I stopped that because I figured the sugar in it kept the stomach bug going.

I was doing fine on Wednesday morning when I woke up but then I had a hash brown from McDonald's and it messed with me. So I had soup, crackers, and Gatorade again and it helped. I'm just hoping it goes away soon.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/28/2013, 12:11 pm

you should eat toast if you have stomach problems and drink mint tea. those two things, tea in particular have a soothing effect on the stomach. but remenber, NO sugar in you tea. nothing sweet or carbonated like coke or sprite, fanta, pepsy.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/28/2013, 5:23 pm

Bistro on the corner - Page 17 Thanksgiving-turkey-gif
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/28/2013, 5:31 pm

you too! we are going to attend a party at a friends' house so no glee even if we want to watch (poor glee).

meanwhile, everybody stuff yourself, not just the turkey! Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/28/2013, 6:23 pm

American families have to watch Football, it's in our genes....coool 

Well I can mutlitask...

Too bad the Packers lost....
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  murasaki1 11/28/2013, 9:22 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! No Glee for me either tonight, my family wants to watch football. hapitgh 

murasaki1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 12/4/2013, 12:02 am

I just wanted to say I'll be going to Nepal for a community service project on Saturday/Sunday, and I won't have wifi/computer access for three weeks, so I'll "see" you all at the end of the year Smile
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/4/2013, 4:23 am

Have a interesting time! It sounds really long now that you can say...til the end of year. Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/4/2013, 11:01 am

Ireth wrote:I just wanted to say I'll be going to Nepal for a community service project on Saturday/Sunday, and I won't have wifi/computer access for three weeks, so I'll "see" you all at the end of the year Smile
That sounds interesting. Have a great time and bring some joy in the world! neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 44 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 44  Next