Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeĆ²dhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Emile 6/13/2012, 5:31 am

Shinra17 wrote:Back to the BEA event, for having a small impression to have been there (with small bits about Chris):

(video by and about John Green)
Uh, nice video, awesome guy! I love how he talked about Chris.

And: "[...] but I'm peeing and this is my view". LOL.

Shinra17 wrote:The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5j0za9sRh1rp7atlo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5j1or3vqb1qkxuj7o8_500
Wooho!!!
And 110 pages per day?! That's a lot! Does he sleep?

Mhh, I don't think there is a precise order with this things: the one you prefer to listen/read first, that's it. Also because, are there some kind of differences/changes between the two of them?
I never brought an audiobook, so I really don't know; but I'd like to buy this even if the traces will probably be on the internet before we can say "it's released!". ...I have to start to scrape together some money.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Glorfindel 6/13/2012, 6:26 am

The audiobook sounds great! I can't wait. neutre
I've never listened to an audiobook. This may sound strange, as I'm a voice coach, but I'm not good at taking in information when I'm just listening to a voice: I'm better at seeing (e.g. reading) when I need to learn something new. I don't know the right terms for this (auditive? or visual? orientated?). My mind tends to wander of when I can only listen.

So I think I'll read the book at the same time as listening to the audiobook. I just hope I can keep up with the speed of Chris' talking, but I'm a fast reader, so I hope I'll manage.
But I think I will read the book by myself first, without the audiobook: create my own imaginative characters and voices before I listen to the ones Chris has in his head. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2012, 8:41 am

I.will also read first. 110 pages a day he would have to speak at the speed of light and I wont be able to keep up. I will read first to learn the story then listen to enjoy his voice only.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/13/2012, 10:22 am

Emile wrote:Ops, I forgot the pics!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo5_r1_1280

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo2_1280

How pretty!!! But it would be easier if were a mp3 player because it allows me to be in the bus or subway listening his voice and the story as well. I guess It would have been exhausting reading all of those pages and changing his voice due to the different characters, it remind me those times of radiodrama.

tanita_mors wrote:

And keep your miamiam away from my man. :angry:

Please Tanita don't be selfish, I'm sure there's a piece of Chris for all of us miamiam hahahahah
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/13/2012, 11:22 am

ColferGirl wrote:These new tweets are making me so, so, so excited for the audiobook!! It's going to be so amazing! wub

Though now it's making me rethink my decision to read the book first, then listen to the audiobook....decisions, decisions

Also, I love the new video with John Greene. I like that he called Chris uncommonly handsome. neutre

valkeakuulas wrote:Audio books are at their best like small plays in your head and it sounds that Chris has gone all the way with this one. Which one comes first indeed, text or audio?

I guess I'll have to see which one is more convinient when I get my paws on both of them ie. am I close to a computer with a CD player or a comfortable chair. uhuhu

I've decided I'm going to listen to the audio book before I read it (which will be hard because I'll get the digital copy instantly on my Nook, and will have to wait for the audiobook to arrive from Amazon). It just seems like listening to Chris telling his own story will make it more special.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/13/2012, 2:32 pm

brisallie wrote:

tanita_mors wrote:

Please Tanita don't be selfish, I'm sure there's a piece of Chris for all of us miamiam hahahahah
That was me quoting Paulo, not my own sentence.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/13/2012, 2:38 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Please Tanita Paulo don't be selfish, I'm sure there's a piece of Chris for all of us miamiam hahahahah
That was me quoting Paulo, not my own sentence.

Sorry Girl. I just gonna scratch your name and put Paulo's name instead. lol

Last edited by brisallie on 6/13/2012, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2012, 2:38 pm

Romina always confuses A for B. Her brain is in eternal fog. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/13/2012, 2:40 pm

^

I know my mind is a mess sometimes but there's still a clear sky but I already fixed my mistake tonguue
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2012, 2:47 pm

^ ... I am forever patiently waiting for you to make another mistake. actually I have no patience. but gurl you are fast! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/13/2012, 2:49 pm

^
It seems my mistakes make you smile gurl!!! lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2012, 2:59 pm

^ u r always loads of fun! luv u gurl! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/13/2012, 5:56 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5kjunuGgv1qh5dyro1_500

^^ better than comic-con.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/14/2012, 12:56 am

I'm more excited about the audio book now (The fact that his audiobook is garnering praise makes me really happy for him). Can't believe Chris had finished the 8 and half hours recording of it in a mere 4 days (2 weekends)! That workaholic need to pace himself a bit more.

I also prefer that Chris spends his time promoting his own projects instead of Glee. Let other people waste their time fending off the angry Glee fans with false promises this time round.

(Although I'm sure the geek inside Chris would love to attend Comic-con, I don't think his experience with the event back in 2010 had given him fond memories-- that was when an annoying member in the audience more or less clamoured for Kurt to be 'punished' for his behaviour towards Finn)

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/14/2012, 7:25 am

YAY for Chris doing more talk shows hola I always enjoy his talk show a lot more than other artists since he's so witty. I'd love him to have his own talk show some day neutre

I kinda have mixed feelings about CC less invested in Glee now. I want him to get out of the mess but in the mean time, I want to have more opportunities to see his acting on TV and Glee is the only thing that gives me that at the moment. Sigh. I wish he get a new show. Or at least guest star in other greater shows like Modern Family or Game of Thrones. That'll make the situation better.

OT: Romina, where does your sig come from? Is that girl a japanese? blinkk

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/14/2012, 8:51 am

fantastica wrote:^ u r always loads of fun! luv u gurl! Smile

That's nice. You make me laugh as well. Te quiero.

Shinra17 wrote:The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5kjunuGgv1qh5dyro1_500

^^ better than comic-con.

So much better! Besides if a opportunity for those unlucky people like me who are unable to see him personally.

Shinra17 wrote:

I swear, the call from France is not me phr34r Smile

I immediately thought in you when I read they received a call for France Razz but I believe you too.

BlueJazz wrote:

OT: Romina, where does your sig come from? Is that girl a japanese? blinkk

I'll reply you in the Bistro Corner fanny2 promise.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/14/2012, 2:44 pm

Well, about that bookstore offering signed copies, I have to say it doesn't seem too trustworthy. I've tried calling three times now and it doesn't connect :( , and I've been warned that it's suspicious that they would ask for credit card numbers via email and that they don't have paypal. Hm.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/14/2012, 6:42 pm

paulopf wrote:Well, about that bookstore offering signed copies, I have to say it doesn't seem too trustworthy. I've tried calling three times now and it doesn't connect :( , and I've been warned that it's suspicious that they would ask for credit card numbers via email and that they don't have paypal. Hm.
lol. ok, forget about them bb.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2012, 9:32 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5qhouWvP51qf9wcko1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/16/2012, 10:41 pm

Here's a review of TLOS by an 8 year old kid, it's part of a program developped by a bookstore (McNally Jackson) to get reviews from young reviewers for their young readers
Since it's an idea from a bookstore, don't expect the review to be too much negative Laughing

Teen Book Review

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5iz8ggNhP1r4n061o1_400
Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Chris Colfer
Pub 7-2012, Little, Brown, $17.99

Spoiler:

If you're interested to learn more about this teen book review program from that bookstore :Book Reviews Are for Kids: Meet the Next Generation of Book Critics
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2012, 11:19 pm

Not bad for an 8 yr old. But very spoilery. Don't bother to read it if u r looking for intelligent reviews. Read it if u love spoilers in bad way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/17/2012, 4:58 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Spoiler:
ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/17/2012, 8:02 am

^^^ ptdr
Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/20/2012, 10:57 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5xsenI9tl1qj8dg6o1_500
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m5xsenI9tl1qj8dg6o2_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/21/2012, 2:41 am

^

WOW, the book looks so beautiful!!!! wub I can't wait to have it on my shelf. wub wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next