Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeòdhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  brisallie 6/10/2012, 10:09 pm

paulopf wrote:Hey, guys, quick update. I just got an answer from book ends. Let me paste it here:

We are shipping books all over the world for this one....if you cannot call, please provide us with the following information, and we can fulfill your order:
International Shipping is $30.00 for first book, $15.00 Each Additional..plus book cost is $17.99

Sorry we do not have paypal as an option.

The information they required was mostly for billing: credit card number and such. What do you think, guys? Does it look trust-worthy? I'll try to call again. Hope this time it gets through.

What does it mean with "each additional"? Well I don't have paypal anyway,only Visa. Thanks for the info Paulo.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  fantastica 6/10/2012, 10:18 pm

it means if you buy one book you pay 30 bucks shipping. if you buy 2, you pay only 15 for the second book, so the total would be 45 for shipping. if you buy 3, you pay total of 60. and if you buy 4, you get a cute kitty cat like me. fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/11/2012, 4:51 am

it's nice that they ship everywhere, but that is sure expensive. almost 50 (48) $ in total. it would cost me 4500 dinars in total. too rich for me, especially given that we have to renovate my grandmothers apartment before moving in next month.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/11/2012, 5:25 am

Have all of you outside US forum folk checked your local big chain bookstore catalogues, because all major book distributors for example in Finland and Sweden offer Land of Stories in their stores and webstores. You may not get the book on the 17th but it'll be cheaper than 50 $, currently around 14-17€.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/11/2012, 2:59 pm

^No. It won't come to my country, at least not til it's translated to Spanish or becomes a best seller.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/11/2012, 3:07 pm

paulopf wrote:^No. It won't come to my country, at least not til it's translated to Spanish or becomes a best seller.
the same. chris colfer is more/less a nobody here, so unless his book is a huge hit it won't be translated in serbian. and it's not coming here in english either given that it's officially a children's book, only huge hits like harry potter, game of thrones, james patterson and alike thrillers, lotr and epic fantasy are sold in english. if it becomes a hit and they decide to translate it, it could be in 2-3 years time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/12/2012, 2:23 am

The price of the postage must be for priority mail (which is 8-10 days), I just did a google search, priority mail is 16.95 and first class mail of about 10 oz, my guess for the weight of the book is 8.78 dollars to Serbia. It doesn't say how long it would take, but obviously longer than 10 days. Of course that is just an estimate It's down to 10.79 on amazon, so that is less than 20 dollars, well there is tax so probably a little over 20. If anyone is unable to get a book locally I would be happy to get a copy and send it to you. I have a paypal account, and you could just send me the money when you receive the book.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/12/2012, 3:11 am

Thanks again. Marie already offered. I'm gonna wait if a copy become available throw murky channels first. But if it's not happening in a few weeks after the books is out, then we will see. It's still a month away and it could be ripped and out online in a matter or days if not hours from the 17th on July.

And just so you know, there is no PayPal in Serbia. We are a dead country for them. Until recently, you could apply for Bosnia or Croatia and put you home address as a second option where to send the package, but since the start of 2012 the system can recognize if the credit card is from Serbia and disables the account.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/12/2012, 3:35 am

tanita_mors wrote:Thanks again. Marie already offered. I'm gonna wait if a copy become available throw murky channels first. But if it's not happening in a few weeks after the books is out, then we will see. It's still a month away and it could be ripped and out online in a matter or days if not hours from the 17th on July.

And just so you know, there is no PayPal in Serbia. We are a dead country for them. Until recently, you could apply for Bosnia or Croatia and put you home address as a second option where to send the package, but since the start of 2012 the system can recognize if the credit card is from Serbia and disables the account.

That sucks big time. In this age of internet I tend to forget that everything doesn't work everywhere dispite it. I know how frustrating it can be when something isn't available in your region or the delievery isn't an option for your country.

On a positive side-note about the murky waters: I'm sure most of us on this board are buying at least one book and the audio one so that for some of us who CAN'T the numbers on the bestseller lists will show. tonguue
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/12/2012, 7:23 am

You'd be surprised just how many websites don't have Serbia as an option, either Yugoslavia, Serbia and Montenegro, or nothing at all. I guess that is one of the drawbacks to so many political unrest's and new countries formations in our region..
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/12/2012, 1:35 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5hwpoOnXI1qkxuj7o1_1280
A pic from the BEA signing I haven't seen yet. (I know, we can't see his face, that's not the point. His back though... miamiam ) lol.

-----------------------------------------------
On other news important for me Smile TLOS has appeared on the French amazon, with a nicer price for pre-order and free shipping hapitgh (Me? teasing Paulo? never in my life!!! Smile ). Btw, it can be an interesting option for other european members if there's no local way to get the book, Amazon can use CB payment and each Amazon site have their own international shipping price. (after a quick look: 13.00 € for Czech Republic, and indeed no mention of Serbia or any other countries from the ex-Yugoslavia Shocked )

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Snaps00036-356a36e
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 2:01 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo6_r1_1280

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo1_1280
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fountain 6/12/2012, 2:06 pm

It's great to hear all the nice feedback about the audiobook. Maybe, if everything goes well, it could stand a chance of being nominated for a Grammy neutre

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 2:10 pm

Ops, I forgot the pics!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo5_r1_1280

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo2_1280

fountain wrote:It's great to hear all the nice feedback about the audiobook.
Ohh, it's great indeed! But now I'm curious!!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/12/2012, 4:03 pm

Emile wrote:The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo6_r1_1280

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5iiu2upze1qe476yo1_1280
^^ That definitely erases all the rumors about the audiobook and once again, I like the fact Chris remained silent and it's Hachette that announces the work is done, no confirmation needed (unlike someone else who announces a photoshoot 3 months beforehand just to say she can't talk about it lol).

fountain wrote:It's great to hear all the nice feedback about the audiobook. Maybe, if everything goes well, it could stand a chance of being nominated for a Grammy neutre
Indeed, I don't see why this wouldn't be eligible and I think Chris should be a serious contender with his acting talent and his ability to play with his voice.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/12/2012, 5:40 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
A pic from the BEA signing I haven't seen yet. (I know, we can't see his face, that's not the point. His back though... miamiam ) lol.

On other news important for me Smile TLOS has appeared on the French amazon, with a nicer price for pre-order and free shipping hapitgh (Me? teasing Paulo? never in my life!!! Smile ).

Hm. Is it a signed copy? Cause that's the one whose shipping costed more than the actual book. Let me know to properly envy you, cause otherwise, I too can get it elsewhere for a reasonable price. vexe

And keep your miamiam away from my man. :angry:
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/12/2012, 5:42 pm

fountain wrote:It's great to hear all the nice feedback about the audiobook. Maybe, if everything goes well, it could stand a chance of being nominated for a Grammy neutre

I didn't know there were Grammys for audiobooks! Shocked Wow. Now there's one more reason to root for Chris. rooots
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/12/2012, 6:09 pm

paulopf wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:

On other news important for me Smile TLOS has appeared on the French amazon, with a nicer price for pre-order and free shipping hapitgh (Me? teasing Paulo? never in my life!!! Smile ).

Hm. Is it a signed copy? Cause that's the one whose shipping costed more than the actual book. Let me know to properly envy you, cause otherwise, I too can get it elsewhere for a reasonable price. vexe

What do you mean "your" man ????
I though you were married now. What would your husband think I wonder. unsure
Polygamist vexe
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/12/2012, 6:13 pm

paulopf wrote:Hm. Is it a signed copy? Cause that's the one whose shipping costed more than the actual book. Let me know to properly envy you, cause otherwise, I too can get it elsewhere for a reasonable price. vexe
I love Chris's art but I don't think his signature is especially a great piece of art XD. More seriously, I'm not very sensitive to the idolization thing, you can envy for being me XD not having to rely on international order ^^.

censored reply Laughing

paulopf wrote:I didn't know there were Grammys for audiobooks! Shocked Wow. Now there's one more reason to root for Chris. rooots
How do you think Audrey Hepburn became an EGOT? Wink
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/12/2012, 6:52 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
What do you mean "your" man ????
I though you were married now. What would your husband think I wonder. unsure
Polygamist vexe

He thinks just like myself: "the more, the merrier". Twisted Evil

Shinra17 wrote:
I love Chris's art but I don't think his signature is especially a great piece of art XD. More seriously, I'm not very sensitive to the idolization thing, you can envy for being me XD not having to rely on international order ^^.

Meh. It's Colfer. You're not gonna make me feel ashamed of my idolization tendencies when it comes to him. tronco

censored reply Laughing

bounce

paulopf wrote:
How do you think Audrey Hepburn became an EGOT? Wink

What's an EGOT? Go ahead, show off saving me from my ignorance. Rolling Eyes

About John Green. I admit I haven't read anything from him and I don't really feel inclined to. To be honest, his promotional ways bug me a bit, and he strikes me as phony in the gifs I've seen. Is he really as good as a lot of people say?

Wow. Totally shallow observation: Chris looks great here and, of course, I choose him, precisely cause he, apparently, doesn't make people feel intimidated.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/12/2012, 7:12 pm

msjoanlucette wrote:I love that he describes Chris as "extraordinarily nice and quick witted person" as well as "uncommonly handsome and well dressed". :O I also love when John Green says, "Our gods don't choose us. We choose them." I also wonder if that room Chris was in that John showed us was a bar. o.o
I think it was one, mostly because bars and restaurants in high place seem to be a very common concept to me.

paulopf wrote:What's an EGOT? Go ahead, show off saving me from my ignorance. Rolling Eyes
Bah, you could have guessed by yourself, EGOT = winner of an Emmy/Grammy/Oscar/Tony. Audrey hepburn got her grammy thx to an audiobook.

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j09ytrH21rp7atlo1_500
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j09ytrH21rp7atlo2_500
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/12/2012, 7:51 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5izwmbSb21qj8dg6o1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5izcdQFkL1qc4ojbo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j0za9sRh1rp7atlo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j1or3vqb1qkxuj7o8_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j1or3vqb1qkxuj7o5_r1_500
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/12/2012, 8:47 pm

i am definitely getting the audio book. so excited!

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j1or3vqb1qkxuj7o7_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m5j1or3vqb1qkxuj7o12_r1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/13/2012, 1:34 am

These new tweets are making me so, so, so excited for the audiobook!! It's going to be so amazing! wub

Though now it's making me rethink my decision to read the book first, then listen to the audiobook....decisions, decisions

Also, I love the new video with John Greene. I like that he called Chris uncommonly handsome. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/13/2012, 5:14 am

Audio books are at their best like small plays in your head and it sounds that Chris has gone all the way with this one. Which one comes first indeed, text or audio?

I guess I'll have to see which one is more convinient when I get my paws on both of them ie. am I close to a computer with a CD player or a comfortable chair. uhuhu
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next